so there are some features that ame had thought she might or might not eventually implement into the game, probably very late in development after everything else was done
unfortunately, ame is very impulsive
and thus, she decided to do them immediately.
as of episode 19, new players starting the game will be given an option for 'special instructions', or the ability to enter a text password during the intro. the passwords available for this are listed in the readme, but i'll talk about their effects here:
- Changes Reborn's level cap to a hard cap in which Pokemon no longer gain EXP once they hit it, a la Rejuvenation
- Where (type) can be replaced by any of the 18 types, guarantees that all randomized early game events, including the mystery egg, will generate with Pokemon of the chosen type when possible. Also adds an early game Rock and Ice type so those types have something before Julia.
- Prevents Pokemon from being healed when their HP drops to 0. Can be turned off after a loss. In order to account for different types of lockes, no other restrictions are applied.
- Randomly shuffles Pokemon species and moves around for a playthrough. Online play is disabled in this mode. Shout out to @HauDareYou for the initial framework.
- Allows any Pokemon to use any TMX move provided the machine and badge are held. Thanks to @Waynolt for letting us integrate this one.
there are also other hidden passwords that can be found in-game...
any of these passwords can be used with each other, including the monotype ones for dualtype runs. however, i don't promise there won't be some wacky interactions. who knows, really
i hope you will look forward to playing the final game in various ways~