Frequently Asked Questions for Pokemon Reborn
Click a link to jump to the question!
- When can I expect the next release?
- How do I update the game without losing my progress?
- Is there any possibility for the Reborn game on mobile platforms?
- My save file is frozen. What should I do?
- How can I find my save file?
- Can I have more than three save files?
- How do I load a backed up save file?
- My game is really laggy on the overworld; how do I fix this?
- I have a mac. How am I supposed to play Reborn?
- The game says 'RGSS player has stopped working' whenever the program is loaded. Why?
- Can I have the PBS files for Reborn?
- I'm making my own game-- can I use some of Reborn's resources?
- Can I download past episodes of the game?
- I have a problem that's not listed here. What should I do?
- As a policy we do not do release dates or estimates. The episode is always released when it is ready. However, you can check how close the episode is to completion and read about progress on our Development Blog here!
- There is a provisional build for Android that some players have had success with! You can try it out by following the instructions here, but as it uses a third party program, we cannot provide official support the Android build.
First, find your save file location using the instructions below. Then you can do one of two things:
- Roll back to one of the automatically-saved back-up files. You will lose some progress, but this is an immediately solution. If your save file becomes corrupted it is also the only way to get it back.
- Post your save file in the Un-stuck Me! thread here. One of our members will be along to help you soon!
- It's easy! Click here for step-by-step instructions.
- Yes! As of 18.2 there is a built in Save File manager accessible from the main menu. It may require some manual renaming of existing save files to get the game to see them though. See the above instructions for how to find your save file, and then rename them in sequence as Game_1, Game_2, etc.
Assuming you have the number of back-ups set to more than 0 in the game options, they will be in the same folder as your save file. Find it using the instructions above. The file name should display information like your character name, play time, badges, etc. Then just move or rename your existing Game.rxdata, and rename your backup file to Game.rxdata instead. All you need to do then is start the game!
- - Please be advised that if your save file corrupts, it is possible that several back up files will as well (especially if you save multiple times in a play session). If you find your most recent back up also does not work, keep trying older ones! For this reason we also advise players to keep more than just a few back-ups. The number of back-ups stored can be changed in the game options.
Because the engine Reborn is made in is not terribly efficient, some amount of lag is expected. We do everything we can to minimize it, but weaker computers may still suffer. However, you can subvert some effects of lag by using the Fast-forward option, toggled on and off by the Alt key in game.
- - Using Fast-forward may artificially inflate your play time, just as if you were using the speed-up function on an emulator.
- The 18.3 beta build ships with an experimental new engine which will run smoother and faster on most new computers. Check the downloads page here for the beta and try running Game-z.exe!
- You can try our newest build of Reborn, the 18.3 beta available from the downloads page here! For macs, requires Mac 10.12 or later; supports Catalina.
- This problem occurs on random computers but can sometimes be fixed. The primary treatment is to change your Data Execution Prevention settings to allow Pokemon Reborn's Game.exe. Click here for instructions on how to to edit your DEP settings.
- Alternatively, this error can sometimes be fixed by renaming "RGSS102E.dll" in your game folder to anything else, and renaming "RGSS104E.dll" to "RGSS102E.dll" instead.
As long as you credit for anything used per any specifics in the Readme, you can borrow whatever you need.
- While not strictly forbidden, we do advise against reusing maps and characters without any changes, as these might be easily recognizable to players and would break immersion.
- In general, we do not officially offer past episodes of the game for download. However, all content from previous episodes is included with every download of Pokemon Reborn, so there's no need to fret!
- Talk to us! You might be able to find quick help on our Discord server, but you can find more reliable assistance in our Troubleshooting forum.