i suppose i shy to post updates like this when i don't actually have anything new finished , but i really must not neglect, ne?
so while i don't have any super spectacular news, here's a general update of what's going on
- USUM content is fully implemented except sprites, and i've done about half of those by now. the harder half, in fact. i've been spacing that out week by week so i don't go crazy. it hasn't worked.
- the first of four map areas for the episode is structured out and currently being completed bit by bit by kanaya. cliff hell is the real hell tbh. i'll have to do some finishing work on it but nothing i couldn't do in an evening.
- meanwhile i'm also working on the second of the the four areas. i really love the puzzle concept for this, but i'm a little bit concerned how it'll turn out in-game because how godfuck many events i have to use (as usual). the groundwork is laid for the puzzle (and that's always the hardest part) so i'm currently making graphics for this area and filling in the map.
- marcello has graduated from USUM content and is now picking up where i left off with the AI. we're starting with making some utility methods so that enemy trainers generally know when it'll be a good idea to change a field or player's ability for the sake of just getting rid of a good one.
- animations are a bit of a slow burn right now but they do, nonetheless, burn. about 60 animations remain to be completed for gens 1-6. more than 50 of those are already in some kind of progress. although gen 7 remains, and these last few animations may take a solid amount of time, there is a light at the end of the tunnel~
although you know what (hey ame, maybe actually mention the important thing here, duh-doy), now that i mention the animators we are actually looking to bring one more person to help out with finishing out the work.
sooo this is absolutely not planned at all but if you are a person who might be interested in helping out then please shoot me one (1) PM and tell me some things:
do you have any experience with:
- animating in general
- specifically pokemon essentials' animation editor
- graphics gale (just the program is fine, even if you're not a great spriter)
- sound editing
- what kind of time commitment can you make the project, per week? what other responsibilities do you have that might interfere?
- how are you with handling criticism and feedback?
- why do you want to work on the project?
- experience is not necessary but will be strongly preferred since we're on the tail end of this.
- the actual time required is not set but varies based on the volume of animations being handled at a time. i'll typically expect something around five hours per week.
- the most important things for this are reliability and responsiveness to feedback. creativity and vision is never a bad thing either.
- even if you don't have RMXP or are not familiar with its animation editor, it's cool. we can teach you if selected.
- only one person will be chosen but i'll eventually respond to everyone who applies. also my base speed is like, 2 so pls under the stand if i'm a slow
sweet i hope there's no flaws in this plan i just made, how about a cut off date? yeah, cut off date sounds good. cut off date is saturday. whatever date that is. 2/17. i'll take applications until then
this has been yet another incredibly deliberate post by yours truly, thank you for reading and for anyone who may offer to help~