[OFFICIAL Q&A] Ask the Rejuvenation dev team!

Zumi

Hey its me again with another question 

Im seeing something that peak my interest, Im already seeing you guys talk about v16 and v15 and i was wondering and even thought this might not feel appropriate but How much versions are you guys going up to?; Because the way Rejuvenation is heading, I don’t t want it to stop anytime soon, the game is exhilarating, amazing and the story is way better than any main pokemon franchise game, so i just wanted to know? But if its not possible to let me know then I tottaly understand

I have a personal question for both @Janand @Zumi. Out of all the versions that have been made thus far, which is your favorite? Which did you enjoy working on the most so far? Story wise, character developments, special events?

I remember back in Alamissa Urben when Ren was explaining to the Interceptor on why he joined Team Xen. Crescent essentially said something on the lines of: “Think of how grateful she would be. Of how that would make her love you.” Ren immediately reacted to this and without hesitation asked what would he have to do to make that possible.

And now, Jan has confirmed Melia x Venam. My question is, will Ren and Venam (at a future point) have a fight over Melia? (I know Melia already likes Venam, but my question is more pertaining to a conflict between Venam and Ren.)

v12 spoiler

Spoiler

Given that Risa played some role when traversing Zone Zero, is she going to be much more involved in the story?

Also, this is more of a general question. If a trainer is mute, how would they instruct a Pokemon during a battle?

53 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Also, this is more of a general question. If a trainer is mute, how would they instruct a Pokemon during a battle?

Im sorry for answering this, but he is not mute. We choose dialogue options, we talk. Just not much. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Im sorry for answering this, but he is not mute. We choose dialogue options, we talk. Just not much. 

I think they meant more in the sense of a trainer who doesn't speak in general, though it could be referring to the player character. I can imagine if Pokemon can understand human language, that something like sign language or even just general gestures/instinct could command them as well, though it might take more effort to train them. This is all "headcanon", though, and pardon if this counts as answering questions for the devs themselves, though this feels more like a general hypothetical inquiry about Pokemon.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if this is right or I dreamt this up, but I believe at least when I played V9 , Kanon had somehow lost his memory. If I am correct on that, why was it that that idea seems to be have scrapped? And if I did somehow just dream it up, then I guess this is just a pointless question which I apologize for. 😅

Will there be a noticeable impact if we don't get all the relationship points available with a character? And will we be able to recover relationship points we missed through some method? (Postgame events perhaps) 😶😶

One that's a bit of a spoiler...

Spoiler

Do you have any... non-spoiler moments that involve the "Lightened Siblings?" (The four, you know who). Just, not fighting or having the fate of the world, just... spending time together and getting to know each other. Besides two of them (and they've got their own issues) they never even knew each other before recently, let alone that they were family. I just... I'm a sucker for sweet moments, and I'm pretty sure that the moments between them will be really sweet.

a question about venusaurite and sceptilite.

Will our choice in darclight woods impact the Availability of the stones ?

Example: If we fight Florin, we will get sceptilite before venusaurite.

And of course vice versa

I love this game, especially it's lore, and how perfectly the locations fit together. My question is be about the great fire of gearen (I think that's the name or I might have just completely made it up) where Venam, Saki and Amber all hate each other for some reason, why do they hate each other?

I'm sorry if this is all ready explained in v12, I haven't finished it yet on account of a combination loosing my save file and playing way to much Minecraft Bedwars with my friend (who don't play rejuv, smh)

11 hours ago, Zumi said:

Commander, do you mind not answering these questions yourself? The devs are supposed to answer these questions, not you.

It's a bit of an old habit if I'm reading a thread and now anything about it I'll respond with something since quite a number of users were getting frustrated for a no answer. Never intend to try and step on your field and more just giving a user an answer so they aren't waiting and end up getting nothing. Don't worry as I'll refrain from answering anything else.

Will the protag get a unique pokemon with unique ability which is limited only to us like ( black shard Delphox and that girl's jigglypuff (idk her name ))

• Upvote 1

Hey so I noticed that there's a theme titled "Xenogene" in the music folder, as well as some sprites in the characters folder labeled "Xgene." Is that a reference to something outside of rejuvenation, or is it something meant to come up later in the story?

• Like 1

Hi! How do the devs work as a team? I'm interested in what the backstage look like. What do people do to help development? Are there a lot of people besides?

Well, that's already too many questions. I let you guys answer what you want. It's an open-ended question after all.

I haven't reached Venam yet but I'm enjoying my run so far!

Hello. First of all I just wanted to say thank you so much for creating this amazing new version; considering the amount of time between the between the posting of the status thread and the release of the actual new version (ie the amount of development time), it is amazing how this game has not let down on any of it's habits (ie extremely hard puzzles/battles, particularly the 'gym leader' battle), and that is something that I am very grateful for.

Actually, this brings up my first question: how long does it usually take between the release of each new version? I understand that this is probably simply dependant on the amount of new content added to the game, but still some clarification would be nice since I have only started at v11.3 and am kinda new to this kind of thing.

Do you think the fields in their current state are ok? As of right now there are currently 43 fields in total in the game, and while some have seen more representation than the others (for obvious, understandable reasons, and I have little doubt that all of them will be shown at one point of the game or another, eventually) there are some fields that feel so much stronger while some of the others seem really underpowered *cough*starlight arena being simply nullified by any weather *cough*  (on a glance anyway, I have seen plenty of boss battles convince me otherwise) . Are you satisfied with the current state of the fields on the whole, or do you think some of them could use reworks (small or massive alike) to feel more in line with the others? Is field balance even a concern regarding the overall balance of the game, or is it fine for some fields to be better overall while others are on the weaker side? Also, are there any plans for more fields to be added in the future?

This one is a bit more story related, but is Alexandra actually the champion like it has been rumored by many? If yes, will she bring this up sometime later on in the story? And if not, will we get to meet whoever the actual champion is before battling them at the league?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by captainfrost202

Okay, hope i don't screw this up, But when deciding Melia's team, or really any anyone in our growing scooby doo gang, does anything influence it? Like how did Melia's team have a shiny Gardevoir like Vitus to going to a Shiny Hydreigon named Unity? also nice touch on the new shinies BTW.

Edit: Also Do you worry about juggling various plot threads and characters? And how to resolve them?

Edited by Magus543