[OFFICIAL Q&A] Ask the Rejuvenation dev team!

Zumi

17 minutes ago, Raion said:

Will Pokemon Rejuvenation only have a crossover with Reborn or will there be other crossovers?

Pokemon Full Moon Crossover, when? I'm not sure what you're asking as something like an Insurgence crossover would be very difficult as Reborn is the odd duck and everyone is very protective of their games. If we are talking about within the community, we have a lot of nods to stuff. It's really hard to answer that as I'm not Jan but not very many games are past the drop off point where people to up and easily quit making the crossover a waste. It's a lot of factors and I don't think we are likely to see one but I wouldn't dismiss the idea entirely. Something unexpected could always happen.

• Veterans

Sorry for another q lmao but if Melia, Venam and PC aged naturally (/normally) while in the past? Then how old would Ren be since he hasn’t gone back as much as the original Time Travel Squad. Sorry if that’s confusing?? I ahxshhsja

Also does Nim have an age too? 👀

Thanks for the answer, Zumi! Sorry if my question was kind of obvious in hindsight. If it's not an issue to ask anything else, I'm wondering about a few things gameplay-related.

1. Are Crests done being implemented in V12 or will they continue to be implemented throughout future versions? The crest I'm holding out for (Furret) is likely in the area of being difficult to salvage like Delcatty, though, and I won't ask if any specific Crest is going to be implemented. Also, what are the personal favorite Crests of the dev team? Ledian's Crest is absolutely hilarious and singlehandedly makes me want to train one for V13!

2. This one's a bit more of a spoiler.

Spoiler

Ryland's normal portrait being teased was a pretty fun fake-out! But will fighting certain Leaders or Trainers you don't normally fight be saved for the postgame, or are there plans for optional battles with characters like un-possessed Ryland (though I don't know how much that would change his team), Lavender (assuming you don't end up battling her later, like if she hypothetically became an E8 member or was controlled or something like that, or even a friendly battle that's still part of the main story), or Talon (who presumably should be okay in V12 if they were able to un-petrify Venam)? 

3. Where did the increased focus on playing on other characters temporarily starting with V11 come from? While some of the segments in V11 kind of wore me out, I thought it was done much better in V12 (as well as it appearing that they are now properly EV trained, perfectly natured and IVed, where before the guest parties had no EVs and seemingly random natures.)

Spoiler

especially implementing a regular JRPG style party split puzzle-dungeon! Handling changing the player character's team so often must have been hell to event/script. As I hadn't gotten around to EV training on my main Normal difficulty save (though with how much easier it became in V12, I don't really have an excuse now 😄 ), Aelita and Ren's teams were better than my own!

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Commander said:

Pokemon Full Moon Crossover, when? I'm not sure what you're asking as something like an Insurgence crossover would be very difficult as Reborn is the odd duck and everyone is very protective of their games. If we are talking about within the community, we have a lot of nods to stuff. It's really hard to answer that as I'm not Jan but not very many games are past the drop off point where people to up and easily quit making the crossover a waste. It's a lot of factors and I don't think we are likely to see one but I wouldn't dismiss the idea entirely. Something unexpected could always happen.

Commander, do you mind not answering these questions yourself? The devs are supposed to answer these questions, not you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

• Developers
2 hours ago, Raion said:

Will Pokemon Rejuvenation only have a crossover with Reborn or will there be other crossovers?

I don't have any plans for any other crossovers. While it's not out of the question, I don't want too many crossovers to happen. I think the one we have with Reborn is enough, at least for now.

2 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Im wondering if you could make a slaking crest to remove its useless ability?

Definitely not. I understand the ability is useless, but without that ability Slaking is just too powerful. 

2 hours ago, kulesiak said:

1. Are you ok with all the available mods out there? Like debug mod for example.

2. Any chance for more starters? Just a normal pick your starter options, not this 1/1000 chance of some cool mons (that is no longer in the game since v10, rip) 

3. Will our choice matter? Im talking about game chaning events based on our choice.

1,) Personally speaking, I don't really like debug mod. I think it's abused and it makes my hard work feel meaningless sometimes. That being said I can't really stop anyone from using it, nor do I really want to deal with the backlash of doing so. I just let it exist. 

2.) Probably not, sorry.

3.) Yes, they will. Some choices are starting to take effect right now actually. 

1 hour ago, HakuryuYukio said:

When is Angie going to make her return ? We haven't seen her since Version 8 when cera freed her from the ice prison

Soon(tm)

1 hour ago, Ruby Red said:

Sorry for another q lmao but if Melia, Venam and PC aged naturally (/normally) while in the past? Then how old would Ren be since he hasn’t gone back as much as the original Time Travel Squad. Sorry if that’s confusing?? I ahxshhsja

Also does Nim have an age too? 👀

Ren's the same age still. As for Nim, I cannot say!

53 minutes ago, kulesiak said:

@Jan

jFVqXnU.png

Can you explain this... sansX?

I think it's pretty self explanatory. :] (It was used for a joke post and I never removed it because im cursed.)

44 minutes ago, interdiction said:

Thanks for the answer, Zumi! Sorry if my question was kind of obvious in hindsight. If it's not an issue to ask anything else, I'm wondering about a few things gameplay-related.

1. Are Crests done being implemented in V12 or will they continue to be implemented throughout future versions? The crest I'm holding out for (Furret) is likely in the area of being difficult to salvage like Delcatty, though, and I won't ask if any specific Crest is going to be implemented. Also, what are the personal favorite Crests of the dev team? Ledian's Crest is absolutely hilarious and singlehandedly makes me want to train one for V13!

2. This one's a bit more of a spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Ryland's normal portrait being teased was a pretty fun fake-out! But will fighting certain Leaders or Trainers you don't normally fight be saved for the postgame, or are there plans for optional battles with characters like un-possessed Ryland (though I don't know how much that would change his team), Lavender (assuming you don't end up battling her later, like if she hypothetically became an E8 member or was controlled or something like that, or even a friendly battle that's still part of the main story), or Talon (who presumably should be okay in V12 if they were able to un-petrify Venam)? 

3. Where did the increased focus on playing on other characters temporarily starting with V11 come from? While some of the segments in V11 kind of wore me out, I thought it was done much better in V12 (as well as it appearing that they are now properly EV trained, perfectly natured and IVed, where before the guest parties had no EVs and seemingly random natures.)

Reveal hidden contents

especially implementing a regular JRPG style party split puzzle-dungeon! Handling changing the player character's team so often must have been hell to event/script. As I hadn't gotten around to EV training on my main Normal difficulty save (though with how much easier it became in V12, I don't really have an excuse now 😄 ), Aelita and Ren's teams were better than my own!

1.) We still have plans for future crests! They will probably be made until around v15, but who even knows at this point?

2.) Those will probably be saved for Post Game. Though I wouldn't mind throwing in a friendly battle here or there.

3.) Along with the power of the interceptor, I wanted to show that the Player isn't the only one getting stuff done. I thought it would be fun to show the perspective of other characters and how they deal with situations. 

And yes... That area was Literal Hell. It took a long time to tune up and even now it gives slight trouble. 

27 minutes ago, sparsyle said:

Will all mega stones be made available before post game? If not, which ones are planning to be excluded?

Probably stuff like Diancie, and the Red/Blue orb. I plan to have all Pokemon bar legendaries available during v15. 

15 minutes ago, smeargletail said:

Do you still have the drive to play rejuv or has all of your extra time going into the void called the editor killed the drive?

Tbh this is a good question. I don't think I could ever play rejuv from start to finish on a whim anymore. I've played it so many times. Hundreds of times. At this point I don't even have my own save file anymore because

I constantly switch saves to test things. Maybe when it's finally done I can sit down and play it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jan said:

1,) Personally speaking, I don't really like debug mod. I think it's abused and it makes my hard work feel meaningless sometimes. That being said I can't really stop anyone from using it, nor do I really want to deal with the backlash of doing so. I just let it exist. 

Im not using it on my main save file, but once i finish the game im always having some fun with debug mode, never added some pokemons, illegal moves, items etc (not gonna lie, i used it to change my mystery egg to trapinch, for my fav pokemon of all time, Flygon). Im using it on other save files for things like challenge runs and other things.

Thank you for not purging it. But i guess, if you just asked, people could just stop public releasing mods like that, and it would be much harder to cheat on the game. 

42 minutes ago, Jan said:

Probably stuff like Diancie, and the Red/Blue orb. I plan to have all Pokemon bar legendaries available during v15. 

Is this planned to be true of (official, sicne I think Gym Leader moves were stated before to be planned for postgame) TMs, or will a couple of the really powerful ones be V16/Postgame? If this isn't considered confidential, as it'd pretty implicitly state certain TMs will be in V16 like Earthquake, Ice Beam, Swords Dance, and Calm Mind unless you pull one of those surprise moves like Flora/Florin giving out Energy Ball, Erick rewarding Volt Switch, or Narcissa rewarding Shadow Ball. (Unless V16 is already planned to be a standalone postgame version as opposed to Reborn E19, I don't remember the version roadmap) Also, thank you for answering my questions too, happy to see that more crests are planned! 

Edited by interdiction

In future updates will you guys plan to add a Mystery Gift feature where we could have exclusive items and exclusive pokemon forms?

Also ik you guys said no Ash-Greninja because Ash isn’t in game but If u guys *do* implement it, Can it be like the Sun/Moon demo version where the Greninja had Battle bond ability even though Ash wasn’t in game?

I wonder, do you guys take about 1 - 3 month break before starting on the next version, because it seems that happened during v12. You definitely deserve it and it seems to be a good schedule, and also does jan ever take a break because it says that doesn't know how.

Edited by Chamberofsecrets12

• Veterans
1 minute ago, Chamberofsecrets12 said:

I wonder, do you guys take about 1 - 3 month break before starting on the next version, because it seems that happened during v12. You definitely deserve it and it seems to be a good schedule, and also does jan ever take a break because it says that doesn't know how.

the ride never ends, my friend. the next version is already being worked on, we just take a little time before posting the new status thread. lots of it is preproduction and preparation anyways lmao

1 hour ago, Aiko said:

What, presently, is the most difficult thing to translate from textual story to video game, presentation wise?

I'm kinda guessing it's little nuances in how the characters move and behave. In text it's easy to describe facial expressions and changes in tone of voice etc, but the game's limitations with sprites make this a lot harder. Tho, Jan has been trying to give expressions to characters even with the limitations, which gives a little bit more personality to the characters, so it's being tried to work around this limitation ofc!

1 hour ago, Raion said:

Will it be possible to play as Zumi or Jan in Rejuvenation?

wh... and why exactly would you want this LOL

1 hour ago, Tj simmons said:

In future updates will you guys plan to add a Mystery Gift feature where we could have exclusive items and exclusive pokemon forms?

Also ik you guys said no Ash-Greninja because Ash isn’t in game but If u guys *do* implement it, Can it be like the Sun/Moon demo version where the Greninja had Battle bond ability even though Ash wasn’t in game?

the mystery gift feature is available in essentials, but i think this kinda depends on whether online play is added or not. that, or a small data patch that lets you download a certain mystery gift mon, but that's for way later in development, maybe V16 stuff I'm guessing.

As for greninja, still can't say anything about that dude. For now, don't get your hopes up for ash greninja being added in :V

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, kulesiak said:

Playing as you/Jan in a something like WLL part would be pretty cool. We could learn more about rejuvenation world that way.

I meant like playing as Ana. Having them as protagonist sprites.