[OFFICIAL Q&A] Ask the Rejuvenation dev team!

Zumi

• Developers
Spoiler

On 7/12/2019 at 12:15 PM, Dragonslayer7500 said:

Im asking this to all the devs just for fun, whats your favorite pokemon type?

Jan - Ghost/Poison

Alex - Poison

Az - Dark

Zumi - Electric

Winter - Steel

Ramiru - Fire

ICSW - Water/Fairy

Inuki - Normal/Fairy

On 7/12/2019 at 12:39 PM, enderowl said:

Will the secret area in Gearen ever be accessible or will it just be there to tease the player?

It'll be available!

On 7/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, O_Castigado said:

1) Where Rejuvenation fits in the canon Pokémon timeline?

2) Will there be more canon Pokémon characters making a cameo?

Sorry if my english is bad

It doesn't really fit anywhere? Not that I had in mind anyway. Has to take sometime after SM because of Lusamine being mentioned + Looker/Anabel.

That's probably it for canon appearances too!

On 7/12/2019 at 12:50 PM, Dream Catcher said:

If the protagonist had an ingame canon team, what would it be? (besides the Mawile and Nancy's Sylveon)

We don't have canon in game teams, but we have thought of possible canon starters for them:

Aevis - Treecko

Aevia - Popplio

Axel - Oshawott (?)

Aria - Torchic

Alain - Snivy/Piplup

Aero - Cyndaquil

On 7/12/2019 at 12:52 PM, Chamberofsecrets12 said:

Based on how many gyms there are in v12 is it going to be v16 that plans the end for rejuvenation

On 7/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, Tj simmons said:

Hey its me again with another question 

Im seeing something that peak my interest, Im already seeing you guys talk about v16 and v15 and i was wondering and even thought this might not feel appropriate but How much versions are you guys going up to?; Because the way Rejuvenation is heading, I don’t t want it to stop anytime soon, the game is exhilarating, amazing and the story is way better than any main pokemon franchise game, so i just wanted to know? But if its not possible to let me know then I tottaly understand

V16 is the final episode, yes. That includes the end game + post game.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:03 PM, SilverAngelus said:

I remember back in Alamissa Urben when Ren was explaining to the Interceptor on why he joined Team Xen. Crescent essentially said something on the lines of: “Think of how grateful she would be. Of how that would make her love you.” Ren immediately reacted to this and without hesitation asked what would he have to do to make that possible.

And now, Jan has confirmed Melia x Venam. My question is, will Ren and Venam (at a future point) have a fight over Melia? (I know Melia already likes Venam, but my question is more pertaining to a conflict between Venam and Ren.)

v12 spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Given that Risa played some role when traversing Zone Zero, is she going to be much more involved in the story?

Also, this is more of a general question. If a trainer is mute, how would they instruct a Pokemon during a battle?

Ren did have feelings for her at some point, but after all the business he's been through... I don't think he's ready to love someone right now, or for a long time. 

Risa will be appearing more in the story now, yes!

And finally, the "mute" is in insult at them rarely speaking. They do speak, but usually one off phrases/expressions. 

On 7/12/2019 at 4:03 PM, Reginald Sanshire said:

Will Version 13 be the end of Act 2, or was Rejuv only going to be just 2 "acts"?

v14 will be the end of Act 2! v16 end of Act 3 and the end of the game.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:39 PM, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

I'm not sure if this is right or I dreamt this up, but I believe at least when I played V9 , Kanon had somehow lost his memory. If I am correct on that, why was it that that idea seems to be have scrapped? And if I did somehow just dream it up, then I guess this is just a pointless question which I apologize for. 😅

This is still a thing! It's in his diary even at this moment. There are missing pieces but those pieces will be given to everyone soon :].

On 7/12/2019 at 4:56 PM, Kite Silvers said:

Out of curiosity: if pronouns for the MC are ever implemented (which would help the immersion quite a bit imho), would you add xe/xem/xyr as well?

There's a reason why they're referred to as they/them. Unfortunately I cannot go into this right now. Just Trust Me:tm:

23 hours ago, hoshi said:

Will there be a noticeable impact if we don't get all the relationship points available with a character? And will we be able to recover relationship points we missed through some method? (Postgame events perhaps) 😶😶

Most likely Post-Game. Nothing during the game other than dialogue changes/interactions.

23 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

Why did Gaera ended up within Nim's dimension? Jenner and Zetta I can assume why, but Gaera was "banished" by Narcissia. 

It's not Nim's dimension, Nim just happens to hang there by herself. It's more of like a limbo state. 

23 hours ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

One that's a bit of a spoiler...

Hide contents

Do you have any... non-spoiler moments that involve the "Lightened Siblings?" (The four, you know who). Just, not fighting or having the fate of the world, just... spending time together and getting to know each other. Besides two of them (and they've got their own issues) they never even knew each other before recently, let alone that they were family. I just... I'm a sucker for sweet moments, and I'm pretty sure that the moments between them will be really sweet.

Sweet moments are what I live for. Expect them in the future :]

23 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

a question about venusaurite and sceptilite.

Will our choice in darclight woods impact the Availability of the stones ?

Example: If we fight Florin, we will get sceptilite before venusaurite.

And of course vice versa

Nope! You can do any path and get both eventually. 

22 hours ago, MattyBWraps said:

I love this game, especially it's lore, and how perfectly the locations fit together. My question is be about the great fire of gearen (I think that's the name or I might have just completely made it up) where Venam, Saki and Amber all hate each other for some reason, why do they hate each other?

I'm sorry if this is all ready explained in v12, I haven't finished it yet on account of a combination loosing my save file and playing way to much Minecraft Bedwars with my friend (who don't play rejuv, smh)

They hate each other because each one thinks the other are responsible for the event (When in reality it was none of them)

21 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Will we get an official way to change the pokeball for our pokemon?

Not something that's planned. At least for now.

21 hours ago, lolokxd said:

I'm curious. Have we met the Dark/Fairy leaders?

Also, will we,,, ever battle Lavender/Khreiss? If I can get an answer ofc.

Yes, and yes!

20 hours ago, Crickzilla said:

I'm curious...

Not quite. The name for that one was mostly just a meme made by someone on the balance team.

20 hours ago, Mytic27 said:

Will the protag get a unique pokemon with unique ability which is limited only to us like ( black shard Delphox and that girl's jigglypuff (idk her name ))

Risa's her name. Technically, the player already does with the Solrock/Lunatone fusion. 

17 hours ago, 48masterplay said:

When do we get to explore the Artrica region? Or is it Neverwinter is what the area is called or it's a name for a town or city there?

Neverwinter is the name of a city in the Artrica Region. People just refer to it as Neverwinter in general because the island is very small. 

15 hours ago, sparsyle said:

Hey so I noticed that there's a theme titled "Xenogene" in the music folder, as well as some sprites in the characters folder labeled "Xgene." Is that a reference to something outside of rejuvenation, or is it something meant to come up later in the story?

Won't go into too much detail, but they're from Zumi's cancelled fangame Pokemon Xenogene. She handed me the rights to the assets since she won't be using them anymore. 

9 hours ago, captainfrost202 said:

Hello. First of all I just wanted to say thank you so much for creating this amazing new version; considering the amount of time between the between the posting of the status thread and the release of the actual new version (ie the amount of development time), it is amazing how this game has not let down on any of it's habits (ie extremely hard puzzles/battles, particularly the 'gym leader' battle), and that is something that I am very grateful for.

Actually, this brings up my first question: how long does it usually take between the release of each new version? I understand that this is probably simply dependant on the amount of new content added to the game, but still some clarification would be nice since I have only started at v11.3 and am kinda new to this kind of thing.

Do you think the fields in their current state are ok? As of right now there are currently 43 fields in total in the game, and while some have seen more representation than the others (for obvious, understandable reasons, and I have little doubt that all of them will be shown at one point of the game or another, eventually) there are some fields that feel so much stronger while some of the others seem really underpowered *cough*starlight arena being simply nullified by any weather *cough*  (on a glance anyway, I have seen plenty of boss battles convince me otherwise) . Are you satisfied with the current state of the fields on the whole, or do you think some of them could use reworks (small or massive alike) to feel more in line with the others? Is field balance even a concern regarding the overall balance of the game, or is it fine for some fields to be better overall while others are on the weaker side? Also, are there any plans for more fields to be added in the future?

This one is a bit more story related, but is Alexandra actually the champion like it has been rumored by many? If yes, will she bring this up sometime later on in the story? And if not, will we get to meet whoever the actual champion is before battling them at the league?

Thanks in advance!

Release depends on the scope of the episode. V11 took almost a year. V12 took half a year. With Gen 8 and some things I have planned, it may take a long time again. We'll see though.

As for fields, we're constantly changing things. Just a version ago we did a massive overhaul of the Volcanic Top field. Some fields like Starlight will probably get a change as well but as for specifics, I can't really say. We do have a few new fields in mind, but there won't be a ton left more. Probably 2 or 3. But that can always change. 

I can't answer the last question 🙂

8 hours ago, Eco said:

Have we met the champion?

Where are Aelita's other pokemon?

maybe

They're with the Eldest right now!

7 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Okay, hope i don't screw this up, But when deciding Melia's team, or really any anyone in our growing scooby doo gang, does anything influence it? Like how did Melia's team have a shiny Gardevoir like Vitus to going to a Shiny Hydreigon named Unity? also nice touch on the new shinies BTW.

Edit: Also Do you worry about juggling various plot threads and characters? And how to resolve them?

We decide based off personality, type preference, design, story. Some teams parallel each other to match each other. Like Zetta's shiny type:null/Silvally and Melia's general shiny team.

I worry a bit but I do like the challenge. Character switching was designed to handle multiple threads and so far I think it's worked out pretty nicely. I don't expect it to be too hard from here on out now that we got a lot out of the way! 

Huge mega thread. Hopefully I answered all of your questions well. There were quite a few!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Jan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ren did have feelings for her at some point, but after all the business he's been through... I don't think he's ready to love someone right now, or for a long time. 

Risa will be appearing more in the story now, yes!

And finally, the "mute" is in insult at them rarely speaking. They do speak, but usually one off phrases/expressions. 

Huge mega thread. Hopefully I answered all of your questions well. There were quite a few!

My apologies, when I said mute I was referring to any person who can't physically speak. Just a matter I was curious about and wanted your thoughts on.

Hello,Rejuvenation's team...

Like the others,I want to question to you something:

1)What is/are your favorite Pokémon?

2)Will we get legendary mons in the story or in the post-game?

3)In Chapter 11,Puppet Master says to the MC to beware the Xenpurgis...but,what is?

Spoiler

1. Did Elder Cella recognize the protagonist when they arrived Sheridan village? (She'd already known them in past Sheridan.)

2. Hazuki didn't forget about the protagonist, which means she still remember the event in Hiyoshi city. Did she know that her former comrade, Anju, became Angie?

3. Will Ana and Dylan appear in the main story? Will their story have any relation with the main story?

4. Will there be a continuation of The Legend of The Void sidequest?

• Veterans

can't answer all of the questions above, but i will answer a couple that i can!

On 7/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, Chrixai said:

I have a personal question for both @Janand @Zumi. Out of all the versions that have been made thus far, which is your favorite? Which did you enjoy working on the most so far? Story wise, character developments, special events?

late response but V12 is probably my favourite so far, though this also has to do with V12 having been an absolute blast to work on. there's a lot of stuff in this episode that i genuinely enjoyed making and playing, so that's probably why!

Spoiler

tho probably my favourite thing was the battle with flora!Ryland. as well as doing the art and sprites for that version of ryland........ you could probably tell from how much effort i put into the art LOL

1 hour ago, Fredzard said:

3)In Chapter 11,Puppet Master says to the MC to beware the Xenpurgis...but,what is?

1) Mine's Ampharos, followed by Darmanitan!

2) Most of them if not all will be unavailable until post-game.

3) Who knows? :^)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maqqy said:

Hello Rejuv devs. I don’t know if this question has been answered yet, but will Rejuvenation have multiple endings?

Yes 🙂

1 hour ago, Fredzard said:

1) Mine is Volcarona. I don't know about everyone else but I know Zumi's favorite is Ampharos and I'm pretty sure Sardines' is Typhlosion.
2) There are already some legendaries available, namely Type:Null/Silvally, Phione and Dog form Zygarde. Others will be available post-game.
3) [REDACTED]

44 minutes ago, Chamberofsecrets12 said:
  Hide contents

Was Amanda always a robot and is Jan behind everything. He has a dusknoir like Isha, so it could have been the same one

She wasn't always a robot. Whenever she shows up with a hat on, she's robot. I don't think Jan is behind anything but what do I know. I don't think the Dusknoir is the same though.

10 minutes ago, Eric27 said:

Hide contents

1. Did Elder Cella recognize the protagonist when they arrived Sheridan village? (She'd already known them in past Sheridan.)

2. Hazuki didn't forget about the protagonist, which means she still remember the event in Hiyoshi city. Did she know that her former comrade, Anju, became Angie?

3. Will Ana and Dylan appear in the main story? Will their story have any relation with the main story?

4. Will there be a continuation of The Legend of The Void sidequest?

1. Yes, when the gang returns to the present after time traveling in version 10 Cella says she remembers the incident.
2. I don't know.
3. I don't know about Ana but Dylan will definitely show up in the main story.
4. I also don't know this.

• Like 4

I Quick Question, The light and dark prophecy about the four light and four dark and with what we know now about it, is the Mc apart of the prophecy or that doesn’t apply to him/her?

Seeing that he/she is the Interceptor 

Edited by Tj simmons

Just wanted to ask three more questions and that is it.

1: How long has the MC been on their journey ever since the S. S. Oceana was raided and sunk to the bottom of the sea?

2: Which version had a easy development cycle?

3: Which MC design is your favorite out of the six that you can choose from?

On 7/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, Autumn Zephyr said:

Dunno if it's too soon to ask this from a coding perspective, but oh well: once we get enough Zygarde Cores to upgrade it, so to speak, will the reconstruction process reroll the pokemon, or are its traits set from the moment its first put together?

Dragging this out from the void for posterity real quick, and...

V12 sidequest spoilers:

Spoiler

If the Interceptor took the Decimation to the face in the ruined present, did the ensuing damage occur to that timeline's Core, or the one in Interceptor's timeline of origin?

Is there any chance of Douse getting reworked? I remember being a bit disappointed when I found out that it was just a slightly-stronger Water Gun, and it doesn't seem to have changed any since V9.

Speaking of custom attacks, here's a couple question regarding a certain subset:

1) I remember reading some time ago that it was planned for the Gym Leaders' Signature Moves to be made available to the player later on down the line. Is that intended to be post-game, or will a couple show up slightly earlier?

2) What sort of thought process goes into making the Signature Attacks?

Edit: Remembered one I had been forgot to ask about- are the "Mysterious Figures" the rogue Stormchasers that were mentioned in V10?

One last question before the thread closes: Does Flora pull the Rift Ferrothorn out for the raid on the Judicial District in the event that the Classified Information hadn't been completed by that point?

Spoiler

If you were to give Crests to the Gen 5 starters, what are some ideas for a "debuff" that you'd give to the one for Serperior? Asking because of the Attack >|< Defense swapping effect of the Infernape crest, which would seem like a useless effect on paper, but actually sounds fun to try and use, given Infernape's support options.