V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

2 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I'd be more worried about more megas being added/regional variants from the next remakes if anything. I say megas because any new Gigantamax variant will be implemented as a mega regardless.

I just don't want any new weird gimmicks, we already had megas and z-moves, there was no need for dynamax to exist.. It's just making things complicated.. The reason why I hate SnS is exactly because of that, there's no megas or z-moves there, just dynamax, how is it going to work on Gen9? Are the megas coming back or is it still going to be dynamax? Or aare they going to implement yet another gimmick and erase those two?

I don't dislike megas, I actually like them, z-moves? I am indifferent towards them, don't like them nor hate them mostly cuz I don't like the implementation of them but they are balanced in the sense that you need an item and can only be used once but dynamax is just a weird fusion between megas and z-moves for 3 turns, no items required, any pokemon can do it.. About regional variants I like them because it make sense in a Darwinian sense in which certain species become different over time based on their habitat and I like some of them too, yeah, it's just doing the same pokemon again with a different color paint but as long as it makes sense and it's interesting I am in

That's why I am fully supporting Jan's decision to make dynamax into mega variantions on Rejuvenation because, in my point of view, that's what they should had done in the first place instead of creating yet another new gimmick.. I am afraid for Gen9..

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, MhicKy said:

I just don't want any new weird gimmicks, we already had megas and z-moves, there was no need for dynamax to exist.. It's just making things complicated.. The reason why I hate SnS is exactly because of that, there's no megas or z-moves there, just dynamax, how is it going to work on Gen9? Are the megas coming back or is it still going to be dynamax? Or aare they going to implement yet another gimmick and erase those two?

I don't dislike megas, I actually like them, z-moves? I am indifferent towards them, don't like them nor hate them mostly cuz I don't like the implementation of them but they are balanced in the sense that you need an item and can only be used once but dynamax is just a weird fusion between megas and z-moves for 3 turns, no items required, any pokemon can do it.. About regional variants I like them because it make sense in a Darwinian sense in which certain species become different over time based on their habitat and I like some of them too, yeah, it's just doing the same pokemon again with a different color paint but as long as it makes sense and it's interesting I am in

That's why I am fully supporting Jan's decision to make dynamax into mega variantions on Rejuvenation because, in my point of view, that's what they should had done in the first place instead of creating yet another new gimmick.. I am afraid for Gen9..

I'm going to go from bottom to top here because that's how I like addressing points.

Jan is probably doing that mostly because it would be simpler to just address Gigantimaxes as custom megas instead of doing an entirely new thing for them separate from megas. Which makes sense for a fan game, but could probably be done better together with the budget of a big Pokemon title.

I do personally hate the execution of megas, mostly because they gave them to already great Pokemon instead of just to Pokemon who could actually use the stat boost to catch up. Z-Moves are... Eh, I find them inoffensive too. But I actually like Gigantimax, and how its not arbitrarily exclusive to just a few Pokemon.

As for Gen 9? Honestly, as long as the game itself and the new Pokemon/Variants are good I don't care if they implement some dumb gimmick in order to mix up the formula.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:44 AM, Tikkit said:

I'm going to go from bottom to top here because that's how I like addressing points.

Jan is probably doing that mostly because it would be simpler to just address Gigantimaxes as custom megas instead of doing an entirely new thing for them separate from megas. Which makes sense for a fan game, but could probably be done better together with the budget of a big Pokemon title.

I do personally hate the execution of megas, mostly because they gave them to already great Pokemon instead of just to Pokemon who could actually use the stat boost to catch up. Z-Moves are... Eh, I find them inoffensive too. But I actually like Gigantimax, and how its not arbitrarily exclusive to just a few Pokemon.

As for Gen 9? Honestly, as long as the game itself and the new Pokemon/Variants are good I don't care if they implement some dumb gimmick in order to mix up the formula.

I hope they won't add another mechanic like dynamax to gen 9..but looking back at past games.. They might do it... The main talks these days are about the DP Remake. What if they add new megas?

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason, it feels like the progress bar went up just about a small percentage the last time I checked.  Or maybe it has been at 86% for a while and I was thinking it was a different number that was still in the 80%.

1 hour ago, enderowl said:

For some reason, it feels like the progress bar went up just about a small percentage the last time I checked.  Or maybe it has been at 86% for a while and I was thinking it was a different number that was still in the 80%.

It was 80%, then it went up to 85% and now it's been on 86% for a while.
I still check this bar everyday just in case so I know it did go up but it been stuck in there for some time now.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 7:13 AM, MhicKy said:

It was 80%, then it went up to 85% and now it's been on 86% for a while.
I still check this bar everyday just in case so I know it did go up but it been stuck in there for some time now.

do you know if it need to go up to 100?

or because V13 part 2 it's not.

42 minutes ago, gilam said:

I'm sorry. What...?

Are you trying to ask them "How do you know if it needs to go up to 100%? It's not even part 2."? Yeah, it's not part 2. But when part 1 is done they're going to release it. And then when they're ready they will work on part 2. We shouldn't rush things.

4 hours ago, gilam said:

As i understand it, the progress bars we can see are just for V13.1. V13.2 development will start once these bars are finished, so gonna have to wait until these ones to get to 100. Also remember that even after they get to 100 they still need to test the version which may take a little while. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. 

44 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

I was reading another thread and someone said that in the next version (V13) you get an indicator when you make a choice, which tells you if it was good/bad. Is this true? 

Yes this will be a thing. I know that it is definitely for quests. Can't be so sure about the non-quest parts. Hope this helps. 

10 hours ago, Adam. said:

Yes this will be a thing. I know that it is definitely for quests. Can't be so sure about the non-quest parts. Hope this helps. 

That is cool. Might have to replay when the new version comes out, but then again, I feel like I have made good choices, so maybe not.

5 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

So close... I can feel my beta senses tingling. So close...

I'm such a masochist. I think I find the agony of the final wait more enjoyable than the game. :P

The wait for v13 has been KILLING me lol.
I've been anxiously anticipating the release v13 far more than I thought I would have.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:36 AM, Calentz said:

The wait for v13 has been KILLING me lol.
I've been anxiously anticipating the release v13 far more than I thought I would have.

We all are, kid.. We all are..
It's been my most hyped Pokemon game ever since I found it, I don't care about that new open-world(?) Pokemon game that was announced, where v13 at?!