V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

2 hours ago, Ibrex2000 said:

We

What's HL3?

Oh boy..

Here's the short version.. HL stands for Half-Life, a game made by Valve in 1998 and it was the game that kickstarter the company (the same one who owns Steam), they made Half-Life 2 and following that 2 extra episodes to the game, HL2 Episode1 and HL2 Episode 2, which "ended" with many questions yet to be answered as the series was not yet completed, at first, it was suppose to have a HL2 Episode 3 but it took SO LONG that Valve just came up and said they would make HL3 at that point, alas, to this day, the game is yet not released even tho' it had a massive fanbase and plenty of people are upset that the game never actually had any conclusion, Valve currently have not spoken about the game in years and it's already guessed that the IP was abandoned UNTIL they made HL:Alyx, a VR game in the same universe (still not HL3 tho').. HL2 Episode2 was released in 2007, it's been 14 YEARS..

So yeah, I was basically making a joke of v13 is taking a heck of a lot of time to complete by saying it will be released after HL3.. OFC it's just a joke, the bar is already at 88% so..

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MhicKy said:

OFC it's just a joke, the bar is already at 88% so..

You say that, but it's taken them over a month to go from 85% to 88% and that's after they announced they were splitting v13 into two parts with the current statistics being shown for part one XD.  

I say this in jest of course (partly <.< >.>) and I won't sit here and pretend to know the inner workings and how long it's taken the team to recover from whatever 2020 did to them, but it does seem like it's taking long considering they've said soon™ starting from mid December from what I can see.

Of course that could just be for the attempted humor of using soon ™ lol

Edit: and who knows?  Maybe the folks in Patreon know something we don't!

8 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Oh boy..

Here's the short version.. HL stands for Half-Life, a game made by Valve in 1998 and it was the game that kickstarter the company (the same one who owns Steam), they made Half-Life 2 and following that 2 extra episodes to the game, HL2 Episode1 and HL2 Episode 2, which "ended" with many questions yet to be answered as the series was not yet completed, at first, it was suppose to have a HL2 Episode 3 but it took SO LONG that Valve just came up and said they would make HL3 at that point, alas, to this day, the game is yet not released even tho' it had a massive fanbase and plenty of people are upset that the game never actually had any conclusion, Valve currently have not spoken about the game in years and it's already guessed that the IP was abandoned UNTIL they made HL:Alyx, a VR game in the same universe (still not HL3 tho').. HL2 Episode2 was released in 2007, it's been 14 YEARS..

So yeah, I was basically making a joke of v13 is taking a heck of a lot of time to complete by saying it will be released after HL3.. OFC it's just a joke, the bar is already at 88% so..

14years!!!!!!!😂🤣 People sure are patient, well I'm sure Jan and the others are doing their best we'll get v13 in no time

• Veterans
2 hours ago, Dausk said:

Anyone else thinking about how the Grookey line will be busted with Grassy Terrain? I hope Jan finds a way to circumvent that.

Answered this question a couple of times before -- How terrain abilities and moves work will be changed in V13. Grassy, Psychic, Misty and Electric terrain/surge will no longer replace the field entirely and will work similarly to a trick room/magic room/weather overlay instead. The only times it will generate a complete field is if there's no other field effect active at the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I am just here wondering what are the new event pokemon added..
There are still plenty of pokemon in v12 that couldn't be caught because they are going to be event pokemon, some of the starters like Torchic and Chimchar are a good example of this and, well, Magikarp.

I am just excited to start catching again!

Tbh I think considering everything that has been happening and the size of the game, I don't think neither Reborn nor Rejuvenation have been in development too long lol

Well I expected v13 to take too long even before I knew the update was going to be the biggest one just because of gen8 as a whole, I mean, you gotta make new sprites, code the new pokemons, add new moves and items, update old trainers and gyms, just by that alone I already knew this would take long anyway and then there's the fact that v13 will be as big as 3 updates..

Either way, can't wait to restart my savefile to check all the changes and new Pokemons!
Don't care a lick for Pokemon Arceus or the remakes of Pearl and Diamond, I just want v13 of Rejuv and v19 of Reborn.

• Like 5

To be fair, if it weren’t for Covid, V13 development would have sped up a bit, I guess. Thinking about V13 makes getting hopes up, of course. Once V13 is released, there will be the moment of truth if possible.

54 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

To be fair, if it weren’t for Covid, V13 development would have sped up a bit, I guess. Thinking about V13 makes getting hopes up, of course. Once V13 is released, there will be the moment of truth if possible.

Spoiler

A moment of Cold Truth?

7 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

It's true since Jan actually got positive for covid in, I believe, the middle of 2020.. 
At this rate I feel like the game would actually be out if all this crap wasn't happening.. "The new normal".. What a depressing world.. I wanna go back to the 90s where my main concern was grades..

• Veterans
1 hour ago, enderowl said:

I wonder if we can get this Discussion Thread to Page 70 before the progress bar is gone.

Preferably do it in a way that isn't just posting the percentage whenever it goes up in that case then bc otherwise I'll just lock the thread if it's not being used for proper discussion lmao

Can I ask if you would reconsider putting dynamax/dens on some parts of the game? I know that you already said that you won't put dynamaxing as a whole but like for the next update or something, I saw a romhack like Radical Red having Dynamax dens (the gmax were also made to megas so I thought it would work) which are okay and with your skills and talent you could probably make it into reality. I don't say that you must do what I said , I am just asking if there could be a chance that'll happen. Anyway thank you for the hardwork! Can't wait on V13