V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

Hey suggestion but can you set the ability of the audino used by phillip on route 9 to NOT be regenerator? If you use a dark type he does nothing but switch between audino over and over which combined with regenerator can drag out the fight and actually sap all your PP even. It's rather annoying. 

4 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Hey suggestion but can you set the ability of the audino used by phillip on route 9 to NOT be regenerator? If you use a dark type he does nothing but switch between audino over and over which combined with regenerator can drag out the fight and actually sap all your PP even. It's rather annoying. 

Just don't use a Dark Type then..
I am sorry but it seems like unnecessary extra work for the dev team since you can just use something else like a Fighting Type which is way more suitable to defeat those Audinos anyway.

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

I am sorry but it seems like unnecessary extra work for the dev team since you can just use something else like a Fighting Type which is way more suitable to defeat those Audinos anyway.

You're missing the point.

The audino trainers are there mainly to help your pokemon catch up levels but this one particularly so as the audino don't even have attacking moves, they just spam healing wish. Since healing wish is a psychic move, the AI believes audino can't harm the opponent and thus switches into...another audino with only healing wish. So now you end up with the AI stuck in a  switch loop between the two. This is just mildly annoying but combined with regenerator it makes the battle drag out quite a bit to where it's pretty annoying, especially if your pokemon can't do a lot of damage. I don't even think the audino switching was to be intentional for this battle, but just a unique case of jank resulting from the AI system Rejuv uses.  Rather than change the AI   just making the ability healer for all 3 audino would at least remove the annoyance of them regenerating health everytime they switched.  

6 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

You're missing the point.

The audino trainers are there mainly to help your pokemon catch up levels but this one particularly so as the audino don't even have attacking moves, they just spam healing wish. Since healing wish is a psychic move, the AI believes audino can't harm the opponent and thus switches into...another audino with only healing wish. So now you end up with the AI stuck in a  switch loop between the two. This is just mildly annoying but combined with regenerator it makes the battle drag out quite a bit to where it's pretty annoying, especially if your pokemon can't do a lot of damage. I don't even think the audino switching was to be intentional for this battle, but just a unique case of jank resulting from the AI system Rejuv uses.  Rather than change the AI   just making the ability healer for all 3 audino would at least remove the annoyance of them regenerating health everytime they switched.  

Look.. If the Audinos with Regenerator are being a problem to you then it's safe for me to assume you take 3-4 shots to kill one with whatever Dark Type you're using, right? If that's the case why not just stick a Fighting Type up-front with a EXP Share All? Route 9 is pretty far in the game already so you should have one by now and it's much faster to do this method even if the EXP is divided by two since you're saving in time, a Medichan is usually my main pick for leveling with Audino trainers since she can OHKO the Audinos anyway so in 3 turns the fight is over..

Like I said, diverting attention for something so minor isn't worth the effort, there are better ways around this issue since your method isn't as efficient anyway.

Así there is a hard level cap, having the dark type and then changing it to a high leveled mon, who wouldn't earn experience

• Developers
On 5/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, Monochrome_Complex said:

On 5/6/2021 at 8:53 PM, MhicKy said:

It's really no issue. It takes like 2 seconds to change. So it's nbd!

This will be changed in v13. 

• Like 7

Will we take the boat to Neverwinter in route 10 in V13? Also is Neverwinter in a new region or something? Because we know Blacksteeple Castle is somewhere around and we can’t visit it anymore. Hi from Italy, keep up the good work in Rejuv! 🖤

I think Neverwinter is like a new area (the fourth in the Fly menu, like Florial Island iirc), which would probably have Neverwinter city at its center and Blacksteeple castle around it.

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I think Neverwinter is like a new area (the fourth in the Fly menu, like Florial Island iirc), which would probably have Neverwinter city at its center and Blacksteeple castle around it.

I think so, what I know is that it’s the northern Island and it’s called Arctica Region, it’s the smallest

Does anyone know how much early-game content is going to change in V13? I typically do a new playthrough for every version release because I always forget what happens in the game lol, I'm wondering if I can start my next one early or if I should wait for V13 to come out to experience everything in the new update.

I know changes begin after Sheridan Village, but anything earlier than that?

2 hours ago, PSFLeo said:

Does anyone know how much early-game content is going to change in V13? I typically do a new playthrough for every version release because I always forget what happens in the game lol, I'm wondering if I can start my next one early or if I should wait for V13 to come out to experience everything in the new update.

Mostly the trainer/gym/grass pokemon composition to add the new gen but probably also some new event Pokemon here and there, I assume

2 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Mostly the trainer/gym/grass pokemon composition to add the new gen but probably also some new event Pokemon here and there, I assume

Didn't the Devs said that they will be reworking how the early game story would play out in V13 too (minor changes), or am I just making thing up? I swear, I heard something like this :D

20 minutes ago, ZeptoCZ said:

Didn't the Devs said that they will be reworking how the early game story would play out in V13 too (minor changes), or am I just making thing up? I swear, I heard something like this :D

There were going to be minor changes, yes, but how "minor" we don't know so I just said what I know for sure, which are the new gen and changes on the composition of the gyms to fit them.

I was already prepared to restart my whole game anyways just for then new gen alone so every new thing is sure welcoming.

• Like 2

• Veterans
8 hours ago, PSFLeo said:

3 hours ago, ZeptoCZ said:

3 hours ago, MhicKy said:

There were going to be minor changes, yes, but how "minor" we don't know so I just said what I know for sure, which are the new gen and changes on the composition of the gyms to fit them.

I was already prepared to restart my whole game anyways just for then new gen alone so every new thing is sure welcoming.

Story progression is better & more polished and has been changed in a couple of areas + there's a ton of graphical updates in many areas- it's not just changes of teams and the addition of gen 8. To get the optimal experience I'd still recommend starting a new file.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

Story progression is better & more polished and has been changed in a couple of areas + there's a ton of graphical updates in many areas- it's not just changes of teams and the addition of gen 8. To get the optimal experience I'd still recommend starting a new file.

Dammit, Zumi! Stop hyping me!!

I think one of the changes I've been excited for as well is the engine change like what they did on Reborn, finally will be able to play with animations on!

25 minutes ago, Leenu said:

Where is Artica region mentioned?

if you go to route 10 there will be a person on the beach taking about arctica region

also spoilers

Spoiler

neved used to be the one who ferried people to neverwinter

but his daughter fell ill so he had to join team xen to pay for his daughter's treatment