V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

3 hours ago, Peem said:

Can I ask if you would reconsider putting dynamax/dens on some parts of the game? I know that you already said that you won't put dynamaxing as a whole but like for the next update or something, I saw a romhack like Radical Red having Dynamax dens (the gmax were also made to megas so I thought it would work) which are okay and with your skills and talent you could probably make it into reality. I don't say that you must do what I said , I am just asking if there could be a chance that'll happen. Anyway thank you for the hardwork! Can't wait on V13

Ok sooooooo, not a rom hack, but a fangame as there are probably more essentiats, dynamax shall not implanted as Jan and Zumi have stated multiple times that they won't be adding anddddddd Jan confirmed some pokemon that can Dynamax will be having something similar to mega evolution.

Ugh.. Dynamax..
I am glad Jan and Zumi aren't adding the new mechanic but instead placing them as megas, I still don't get why GameFreak felt it was a good idea to remove the mega evolutions and z-moves to introduce this entirely new mechanic that is just a Frankenstein version of both.. I mean, creating things that gets scrapped in the next gen isn't something new but at least the previous scrapped mechanics weren't that impactful on the battle gameplay (like secret bases and the beauty contest).. Now we have these 2 battle mechanics that went completely useless after gen8.. (I am also bias since Mawile is my favorite and vanilla Mawile isn't competitive viable).

I am afraid to what kind of diabolical plans GameFreak has for the franchise in gen9..

6 hours ago, Chrixai said:

Ok sooooooo, not a rom hack, but a fangame as there are probably more essentiats, dynamax shall not implanted as Jan and Zumi have stated multiple times that they won't be adding anddddddd Jan confirmed some pokemon that can Dynamax will be having something similar to mega evolution.

Yeah I don't think you got the point of what I was saying. I know they already said that dynamax won't be a thing

I said if they could've reconsider putting dynamax not dynamaxing as a whole(just dynamax spots or dens exactly) on another version like v14/v15 or whatever. I didn't say Rejuvenation is a Romhack it is clearly a Fan Game made by Jan and the others, Radical Red is a Rom hack that made the dynamax spots so I thought they could've implemented it similarly on Rejuv because Radical Red also made their Gmax as Mega evolutions. I know essentials and romhacks aren't similar but I know how to make games, it would take a lot of time sure but I think they can make it because they made rejuv so amazing already. I am sorry if I am being a bother I just wanted a response from them if ever, I would gladly stop and never ask this stuff again.

Edited by Peem

39 minutes ago, Peem said:

Yeah I don't think you got the point of what I was saying. I know they already said that dynamax won't be a thing

I said if they could've reconsider putting dynamax not dynamaxing as a whole(just dynamax spots or dens exactly) on another version like v14/v15 or whatever. I didn't say Rejuvenation is a Romhack it is clearly a Fan Game made by Jan and the others, Radical Red is a Rom hack that made the dynamax spots so I thought they could've implemented it similarly on Rejuv because Radical Red also made their Gmax as Mega evolutions. I know essentials and romhacks aren't similar but I know how to make games, it would take a lot of time sure but I think they can make it because they made rejuv so amazing already. I am sorry if I am being a bother I just wanted a response from them if ever, I would gladly stop and never ask this stuff again.

Ah ok my bad. I didn't understand the question as it didn't seem clear. So ima give out Jan's signature answer. ":^)"

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2021 at 2:41 AM, Zumi said:

Answered this question a couple of times before -- How terrain abilities and moves work will be changed in V13. Grassy, Psychic, Misty and Electric terrain/surge will no longer replace the field entirely and will work similarly to a trick room/magic room/weather overlay instead. The only times it will generate a complete field is if there's no other field effect active at the time.

I hope I am not going to make you repeat your self if someone already asked you this but can we stack the effects? If I am fighting Nim or Puppet Master could I overlay a misty terrain and hit a Moonblast that deals damage on biblical proportions? And other moves/abilities/seeds that activate from both terrains? 

Edited by Kimik
Spelling errors

• Veterans
2 hours ago, Kimik said:

I hope I am not going to make you repeat your self if someone already asked you this but can we stack the effects? If I am fighting Nim or Puppet Master could I overlay a misty terrain and hit a Moonblast that deals damage on biblical proportions? And other moves/abilities/seeds that activate from both terrains? 

Yep, you would be able to stack them! The effects that the terrains have will be canon to the main games though, so you only get the buffs from that and not as if it were a fully fledged field effect.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:57 PM, Zumi said:

Yep, you would be able to stack them! The effects that the terrains have will be canon to the main games though, so you only get the buffs from that and not as if it were a fully fledged field effect.

How will seeds work then? Is it that the field effect takes priority and the seed will only work by a sole terrain or the terrain's seed being different than the field's?

On 3/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, Chrixai said:

On 3/26/2021 at 2:56 AM, Peem said:

I kinda prefer Gmax forms to be considered as Custom Megas in V13. Well, to be honest, there are Z-Moves as well and Crests, too. So I know there's no point on asking about Dynamax, and I think it's because it's very hard to develop on Dynamax sprites and Max Moves. That's why.

I just kinda wonder how Rejuvenation will look in when it's finally finished..

We have Mega-Evoltuions, Z-Moves, Crests, Dynamax (Kinda).. If GameFreak keeps creating new gimmicks and Rejuvenation keeps adding them to the game I feel like this can become quite a mess in the future, I have hope that the devs will just find a work-around it like what they are going to do with Dynamax, depends on the upcoming new gimmicks since they can add a new thing that might become hard to implement or even impossible..

• Veterans

I assure you, we've been drawing the line at a couple of things already (dynamax being the most prominent example) and probably will keep doing so with every gen released in the future, because it's a lot of work and sometimes simply just not worth it to implement some of the stuff with:

1) how limiting rpg maker can be in making these features enjoyable vs. how they are in the main games due to the engine difference

2) adding some of the mechanics and additional features in would simply completely upset the balancing in the game, and I don't think anyone on the team feels like adjusting it for the entire game considering Gen 8 alone already has been so much work LOL

Don't worry too much about it. We're already curating what we put in and what we don't!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

I assure you, we've been drawing the line at a couple of things already (dynamax being the most prominent example) and probably will keep doing so with every gen released in the future, because it's a lot of work and sometimes simply just not worth it to implement some of the stuff with:

1) how limiting rpg maker can be in making these features enjoyable vs. how they are in the main games due to the engine difference

2) adding some of the mechanics and additional features in would simply completely upset the balancing in the game, and I don't think anyone on the team feels like adjusting it for the entire game considering Gen 8 alone already has been so much work LOL

Don't worry too much about it. We're already curating what we put in and what we don't!

you are doing awesome job and I really love the game!! I think most of pokemon fans are rolling eyes at the thought of dynamax and possible new mechanics gamefreak might add in the future. Cant wait for V13 :) keep up the work and I hope you are staying safe in these pandemic times

tbh I'm about to lose count, between mega-evolutions, Z-movements, primal reversions, stance changes, dynamaxes and Gygamaxes, I would gladly do all the game without new battle changing dynamics lol.

And I haven't mentioned crests because crests are good, actually. We need more crests.

56 minutes ago, kithas said:

tbh I'm about to lose count, between mega-evolutions, Z-movements, primal reversions, stance changes, dynamaxes and Gygamaxes, I would gladly do all the game without new battle changing dynamics lol.

And I haven't mentioned crests because crests are good, actually. We need more crests.

It has been mentioned several months ago. But it's possible that new crests aren't guaranted to be in V13. Well, sorry for that. But it's good thing there are some pokemons that can be stronger, even if they don't need crests.

Well, I sure am glad to read Zumi's response to this chronicle..

I reckon Pokemon might end up failing one day because of Game Freak adding too many new gimmicks while scrapping old ones.. I sure dislike they removing megas tho'.. My Mawile is useless now..

And yeah, Crests are good since they tend to be kinda balanced and give chance to weaker Pokemon to become really good, I never used a Skuntank up until I got the Crest, that was nice

I don't know if i'm at the right place to do this but i'm gonna try

First of all i'd like to thank Jan and the whole Dev team for their wonderful work, pokemon rejuvenation is my favorite fan game and probably one of the best ever made.
Then i'd like to ask a question (probably a stupid one) : when the progression bar will hit the100% will the game be released or will there be a beta testing period before its release ?

Ps : sorry for the mistakes, i'm french and my english is not the best ^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karim said:

I don't know if i'm at the right place to do this but i'm gonna try

First of all i'd like to thank Jan and the whole Dev team for their wonderful work, pokemon rejuvenation is my favorite fan game and probably one of the best ever made.
Then i'd like to ask a question (probably a stupid one) : when the progression bar will hit the100% will the game be released or will there be a beta testing period before its release ?

Ps : sorry for the mistakes, i'm french and my english is not the best ^^

When at 100%, v13 will be completed but there will still be testing and polishing it!

• Veterans
9 minutes ago, Death lord said:

Has Beta testing started yet

Nope, we're still doing internal testing as there's still a bit of ground to cover and haven't even reached the alpha testing stage.

• Like 1