V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

I read like the last 2 pages and saw things about balance.

Isn't most of the major fights in this game mostly doubles?
Like it feels like its mostly doubles > singles and mons like gyarados/volcarona don't do as well in that environment no?

3 hours ago, Alisae said:

Like it feels like its mostly doubles > singles and mons like gyarados/volcarona don't do as well in that environment no?

depends really............. i didnt personally use gyara or volca in my runs but from what ive seen they should be fine in most of the doubles u do as 9 times outta 10 ur ally doesnt have much in the way of AoE that can cause friendly fire

On 8/21/2020 at 11:00 AM, Between Life and Death said:

Why not? Just minor changes to keep it consistent with the changes in rejuvenation

for the simple fact that as i said its a prequel and a lot of the events that transpired occured before even the time travel moment we do during the plot that and the aspect of the areas being redesigned was a given anyways in some fields

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gilam said:

The Dave blog aren’t  update for very long time. 
Is everything ok? All the Dave are healthy and safe?

Idk who Dave is, but the Dev Team are all good, I assure you. And they are def working hard on Rejuv. It's just gonna take a bit longer, as both Jan and Zumi have mentioned that v13 has a lot of content. But I assure you they are all alive and well.

• Like 1

It has been a year since the beginning of the development of V13 and of course it was too long to wait (even though I was waiting also). It wasn't bad at all but neither good at all. Well, I guess I didn't say about Pokken System but I should have said because I wanted for this to be in part of V13 but unfortunately, I think it's already too late. At last, this would take at least a year for them to finish it all. Boring, isn't it? 😐

12 hours ago, Zumi said:

you expect us to add in the gameplay system of a wholly different game??? i know it's pokemon but like come on dude, you're expecting something unrealistic here, rejuv isn't a fighting game

also if you had checked the status bar on the dev blog anytime today, you would've seen that progress is still being made.

please be patient.

First, I knew you wouldn't believe what I have just said. I take it back.

Second, I'm not blind but I saw the V13 development has progressed even more.

Third, I'll try to be patient as there's more than a quarter (>25%) progress remaining in V13.

Edited by RoyChaos

On 8/21/2020 at 5:15 AM, Alisae said:

gyarados has beaten every fight through the 13th gym on intense with no items "solo", and the rest are likely coming soon

I say solo because two are used for doubles since it's buggy

moxie and other stuff that lets you just get stronger and stronger through a fight is just super broken

the game also has a pretty good split between singles and doubles challenging fights, although the ones generally considered most difficult are more often doubles

That said, most late game stuff is gonna be pretty broken. There's already stuff that can already solo fights like Intense Ryland and I wouldn't really want the game to get much more insane than that

• Veterans
8 hours ago, Draconis said:

Wait, where are you guys getting Gyarados from?

Fal (Falirion) was doing a run with Gyarados to show that it's possible to solo Rejuv intense for almost the entirety of the game with Gyarados. Gyarados is currently not legally obtainable in the game as they were debugged in, but it IS pretty undeniable proof that putting it as obtainable anytime soon is a bad idea LOL

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Fal (Falirion) was doing a run with Gyarados to show that it's possible to solo Rejuv intense for almost the entirety of the game with Gyarados. Gyarados is currently not legally obtainable in the game as they were debugged in, but it IS pretty undeniable proof that putting it as obtainable anytime soon is a bad idea LOL

especially if it has moxie and dragon dance -_-

On 8/25/2020 at 7:43 AM, Paperblade said:

That said, most late game stuff is gonna be pretty broken. There's already stuff that can already solo fights like Intense Ryland and I wouldn't really want the game to get much more insane than that

How the hell do you solo Ryland on Intense? I am going to take a guess and say that you can do that because he starts with a Nidoqueen that sets up Toxic Spikes.

7 hours ago, Zumi said:

I'm curious to know how Gyarados did in the Zetta/Gear fight.. 🤔

Probably the only reason Gyarados is so good early on is that there aren't a whole lot of powerful enemy Electric type Pokemon or move users to make you think twice about using it. At least that's what I think anyways. 

Also on the subject of Pokemon I've always wondered how you guys decided on teams for various characters? Mostly Melia, Ren, etc or the various Xen admins. Or would that be too spoilery?

23 hours ago, No name said:

How the hell do you solo Ryland on Intense? I am going to take a guess and say that you can do that because he starts with a Nidoqueen that sets up Toxic Spikes.

crest beheeyem doesn't care about anything Nidoqueen does and can just set up with cosmic power/nasty plot/recover/energy ball. Boosting Recover's PP is appreciated but not necessary

I'm pretty sure if you only bring one pokemon Nidoqueen doesn't even use toxic spikes

there might be other stuff that solos but I think most of the stuff I've had sweep ryland had something else turn off sand first so it wasn't a true solo

• Veterans
16 hours ago, Dex said:

Also on the subject of Pokemon I've always wondered how you guys decided on teams for various characters? Mostly Melia, Ren, etc or the various Xen admins. Or would that be too spoilery?

I don't make the teams, but I'm pretty sure it's a mix of it having fit the character thematically, along with difficulty. Some characters are known to have a bias for certain types (or in Erin's case, color) so it becomes automatically easier to work with. It's finding a healthy balance of what makes sense for the character and what is strong enough for at that point in the game. Most rival characters let go of their type bias however, and just received teams that are more all-round than anything else, but still work with their characters.

I'm sure Alex or Azery would probably be able to enlighten you more on the matter, but I'm pretty sure that what I said is the gist of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it true that they already have custom shinies for all of Gen8? I'm new to spriting, but was inspired to try after recently starting rejuvenation, and really wanted to try and see if I could get good enough to have a shiny sprite in v13.

Edit; I added a pic of my current progress with Cyberpunk/Vaporwave themed Galarian Zigzagoon line...I know, they're super rough...but I wanted to give it a shot, and have been working really hard on them...

Spoiler

1558603700_ShinyCyberpunkTrashpandas(2).thumb.jpg.bcc3cea70f7b0fa26bb4bacca213ef40.jpg

Edited by Aislin Li (Alili)
Added vaporwave trashpandas
  • Like 2

• Veterans
11 hours ago, Aislin Li (Alili) said:

Is it true that they already have custom shinies for all of Gen8? I'm new to spriting, but was inspired to try after recently starting rejuvenation, and really wanted to try and see if I could get good enough to have a shiny sprite in v13.

We already made the shinies for Gen 8, yeah. All of them came from the dev team itself, sorry if you wanted to get yours in!

21 hours ago, Aislin Li (Alili) said:

Edit; I added a pic of my current progress with Cyberpunk/Vaporwave themed Galarian Zigzagoon line...I know, they're super rough...but I wanted to give it a shot, and have been working really hard on them...

Reveal hidden contents

1558603700_ShinyCyberpunkTrashpandas(2).thumb.jpg.bcc3cea70f7b0fa26bb4bacca213ef40.jpg

Those sprites look really great, I love the aesthetic behind them! 

Rejuv may not be accepting custom shinies from the community anymore, but currently there is a big shiny project going on for Pokemon Desolation! Anyone is welcome to contribute to the project, you should try it out~

• Like 1