V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, RoyChaos said:

What happens if we obtain all non-legendary pokemons with Zygarde, Phione and Type:Null evolution lines? Maybe there must be a reward for that or it's just for nothing.

why are people so obsessed with getting rewarded for something like that? im sorry if it sounds rude but not everything done mandates a reward and if anything they could always do what the pokeon devs do and give us an item of no value saying we did this  or something 

• Upvote 4

What happens if we obtain all non-legendary pokemons with Zygarde, Phione and Type:Null evolution lines? Maybe there must be a reward for that or it's just for nothing.

The reward is the joy of having a non-legendary on your team. 

5 hours ago, Chrixai said:

The reward is the joy of having a non-legendary on your team. 

And, AND, the ABSOLUTE PRIVILEGE of being able to say you Got'em All!

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

And, AND, the ABSOLUTE PRIVILEGE of being able to say you Got'em All!

This isn't funny. I don't know what kind of reward will be in Rejuvenation. Anyway, we should be cautious about obtaining pokemons. Because of Gen 8 Pokemon, there has a possibility to change the events depending in which location it need to be found and to add some side stories as a requirement for later parts. 🤔

10 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

why are people so obsessed with getting rewarded for something like that? im sorry if it sounds rude but not everything done mandates a reward and if anything they could always do what the pokeon devs do and give us an item of no value saying we did this  or something 

If there's no reward for catching every pokemon, the idea for completing pokedex will sound so asinine as only thing that matters is about progressing the story in V13.

Edited by RoyChaos

This isn't funny. I don't know what kind of reward will be in Rejuvenation. Anyway, we should be cautious about obtaining pokemons. Because of Gen 8 Pokemon, there has a possibility to change the events depending in which location it need to be found and to add some side stories as a requirement for later parts. 🤔

If there's no reward for catching every pokemon, the idea for completing pokedex will sound so asinine as only thing that matters is about progressing the story in V13.

Uhm can you maybe relax a little? I don't think there is any need to be cautious about obtaining pokemon seeing as a Jan previous stated, all pokemon will be obtainable in future versions and you probably don't HAVE to catch all pokemon if you don't want to. Probably just for Zumi's request. Not to sound rude or anything, but not everything needs to be rewarded for EVERY quest that's given. If anything just enjoy the story because to me imo is much better than obtaining any kind of reward. The story is the reward lol.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Chrixai said:

Uhm can you maybe relax a little? I don't think there is any need to be cautious about obtaining pokemon seeing as a Jan previous stated, all pokemon will be obtainable in future versions and you probably don't HAVE to catch all pokemon if you don't want to. Probably just for Zumi's request. Not to sound rude or anything, but not everything needs to be rewarded for EVERY quest that's given. If anything just enjoy the story because to me imo is much better than obtaining any kind of reward. The story is the reward lol.

I agree that. Maybe V13 should be interesting from the beginning to current story.

Edited by RoyChaos

• Developers
4 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

Calm down please, lol. It's not this serious. Even though events will be changed, event mons usually become wild sooner or later anyway... Besides Legendaries, you will have the opportunity to have multiple of the same Pokemon. Lastly, there will be a reward for catching all the Pokemon. I have a few ideas but nothing is set right now.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Don't know why we need a reward for capturing every pokemon tbh..
The journey to get to it is already enough for me, I am pretty sure some of these pokemons will be tied to pretty cool sidequest like the Goominck one
I would think it actually be pretty funny if Jan pulled a Gen1 and just rewarded you with a text box saying "Congratulations! You got'em All!!"

• Haha 1

Well I would say that a "reward system for unlocking gameplay achievements" does already exist in Rejuvenation. At the least it could be implemented there. I think getting the whole pokédex can well be an actual achievement on itself, too, but I think getting something out of it can be a good incentive 😛 

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Draconis said:

It just occurred to me, how will we evolve Koffing into G-Weezing? Will there be like a special item or something?

G-Weezing will be location based evolution!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 1:28 AM, Jan said:

All Pokemon will be obtained at some point. 

you press dragon dance once and win any battle in this game.

Either way I've stated multiple times (It's even on the download page) that all Pokemon will eventually be able to be caught. After all the Pokemon that are available now and with still a handful of versions left... It'd be really weird if I just left out some Pokemon just cause?? I don't really get that conclusion, but i digress.

Keep Gyarados out until end game.

No opponents can deal with Moxie + DD + 540bst + good lvl up movepool

Gyara can 6-0 too many teams with 0 team support

2 hours ago, SadMoney said:

Keep Gyarados out until end game.

No opponents can deal with Moxie + DD + 540bst + good lvl up movepool

Gyara can 6-0 too many teams with 0 team support

Volcarona has Quiver Dance and can abuse it to be even more absurd.  Even in competitive it's a larger threat than Gyarados even despite the prevalence of Stealth Rock to keep it in check.  In fact, it's usually mentioned by Smogon as a reason they keep Stealth Rock around as it could very well be banned otherwise.  (This isn't the only reason of course, but it is a notable one all the same.)  One can also abuse Fiery Dance to get a boost from using that as well.

252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 240 HP / 40 SpD Arceus: 111-132 (25.1 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 240 HP / 40 SpD Arceus: 166-196 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 240 HP / 40 SpD Arceus: 222-262 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lilligant is quite honestly underrated when it goes against game AI as it can power through most singles related sections simply through abusing Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder.  It's not as reliable as the other two, but she does brute force really well.

Salamence (which is available to a select people who helped Jan out before), is just as bad as Gyarados and its mega is among the most broken Pokemon in the game.  Worth mentioning as we'll be getting megas available in version 13.  But we'll probably not have this particular mega until later I suppose.

Blaziken with Speed Boost is a lot more broken than Gyarados and you can get this from the start.  Doesn't even need its mega, which just makes it even better.

Greninja has protean and hits as hard as Deoxys Attack with Ice Beam.

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 140-165 (31.7 - 37.4%) -- 86.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 139-165 (31.5 - 37.4%) -- 87.4% chance to 3HKO

We also have Life Orb available at this point as well.

Lucario's mega is another broken Pokemon that'll be available given Adaptability Close Combat, Adaptability Bullet Punch, and Swords Dance.

252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Dragon: 236-278 (53.5 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Dragon: 468-552 (106.1 - 125.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus: 106-126 (24 - 28.5%) -- 97% chance to 4HKO
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus: 157-186 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Assuming a dance)
+2 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus: 211-249 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO (Assuming a dance and Moxie boost)

Rillaboom doesn't even need calculations or anything else as Grassy Surge is enough to break the game outside opponents able to change the terrain from it.  (Just be happy it isn't Psychic Surge as that'd break the game even more.)

Cinderace is another Protean user with Libero.

Pelipper + Mega Swampert will be just as effective ingame as it is in Gen 7 OU.  One could even make a whole rain team effectively with this.

Zygarde isn't much right now, but the moment we can get 50% form he'll be broken as well with his combined bulk, Thousand Arrows, Glare, and all his buff options.

Again, Gyarados really is not that broken, especially when we have plenty of other things to look at to compare it to.  People just look at him in a vacuum, see all its positives, and then think it's broken or too powerful, but it really isn't.  This isn't even everything you could be comparing it with either.  I also want to reaffirm that double battles also aren't as easily broken with a single sweeper due to the mechanics of it.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Myrrh said:

Volcarona has Quiver Dance and can abuse it to be even more absurd.  Even in competitive it's a larger threat than Gyarados even despite the prevalence of Stealth Rock to keep it in check.  In fact, it's usually mentioned by Smogon as a reason they keep Stealth Rock around as it could very well be banned otherwise.  One can also abuse Fiery Dance to get a boost from using that as well.

252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 240 HP / 40 SpD Arceus: 111-132 (25.1 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 240 HP / 40 SpD Arceus: 166-196 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 240 HP / 40 SpD Arceus: 222-262 (50.3 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lilligant is quite honestly underrated when it goes against game AI as it can power through most singles related sections simply through abusing Quiver Dance and Sleep Powder.  It's not as reliable as the other two, but she does brute force really well.

Salamence (which is available to a select people who helped Jan out before), is just as bad as Gyarados and its mega is among the most broken Pokemon in the game.  Worth mentioning as we'll be getting megas available in version 13.  But we'll probably not have this particular mega until later I suppose.

Blaziken with Speed Boost is a lot more broken than Gyarados and you can get this from the start.  Doesn't even need its mega, which just makes it even better.

Greninja has protean and hits as hard as Deoxys Attack with Ice Beam.

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 140-165 (31.7 - 37.4%) -- 86.9% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Deoxys-Attack Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Arceus: 139-165 (31.5 - 37.4%) -- 87.4% chance to 3HKO

We also have Life Orb available at this point as well.

Lucario's mega is another broken Pokemon that'll be available given Adaptability Close Combat, Adaptability Bullet Punch, and Swords Dance.

252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Dragon: 236-278 (53.1 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Adaptability Lucario-Mega Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Dragon: 468-552 (105.4 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 40 Def Arceus-Dragon: 53-63 (11.9 - 14.1%) -- possible 8HKO
252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus: 106-126 (24 - 28.5%) -- 97% chance to 4HKO
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus: 157-186 (35.6 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Assuming a dance)
+2 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 240 HP / 40 Def Arceus: 211-249 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO (Assuming a dance and Moxie boost)

Rillaboom doesn't even need calculations or anything else as Grassy Surge is enough to break the game outside opponents able to change the terrain from it.  (Just be happy it isn't Psychic Surge as that'd break the game even more.)

Cinderace is another Protean user with Libero.

Pelliper + Mega Swampert will be just as effective ingame as it is in Gen 7 OU.  One could even make a whole rain team effectively with this.

Zygarde isn't much right now, but the moment we can get 50% form he'll be broken as well with his combined bulk, thousand arrows, glare, and all his buff options.

Again, Gyarados really is not that broken, especially when we have plenty of other things to look at to compare it to.  People just look at him in a vacuum, see all its positives, and then think it's broken or too powerful, but it really isn't.  This isn't even everything you could be comparing it with either.  I also want to reaffirm that double battles also aren't as easily broken with a single sweeper due to the mechanics of it.

This isnt smogon. In rejuvenation in-game plays out way different than competitive. Otherwise you would see people spamming toxapex and skarmory to get through battles.

Your examples make no sense:

Volcarona is mystery egg, evolves at lvl 60, has no coverage moves, and gets anhihilated by the plethora of lycanrocs/other rock coverage moves throughout in game.

Greninja, again, has no coverage moves, absolutre garbage lvl up movepool and does nothing until mid-late game, and can never sweep a team due to lack of boosts. How are you getting ice beam on greninja? There is no tm for it.

Salamence? How the did you get that?

Blaziken doesnt have moxie, so it cant sweep with impunity like gyara. Although this mon is broken

Gyara should be made available at the same time you mention all those super powerful megas come out. So maybe like 15+ badges?

Ok I'm sorry, but can we please move onto another topic? It's really not a big deal as Jan said all mons will be available soon. And I'm sure Gyarados/Magikarp will be available soon. So can we discuss something else? Likeeeeeee the hype and longer content v13 has to offer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SadMoney said:

This isnt smogon. In rejuvenation in-game plays out way different than competitive. Otherwise you would see people spamming toxapex and skarmory to get through battles.

Your examples make no sense:

Volcarona is mystery egg, evolves at lvl 60, has no coverage moves, and gets anhihilated by the plethora of lycanrocs/other rock coverage moves throughout in game.

Greninja, again, has no coverage moves, absolutre garbage lvl up movepool and does nothing until mid-late game, and can never sweep a team due to lack of boosts. How are you getting ice beam on greninja? There is no tm for it.

Salamence? How the did you get that?

Blaziken doesnt have moxie, so it cant sweep with impunity like gyara. Although this mon is broken

Gyara should be made available at the same time you mention all those super powerful megas come out. So maybe like 15+ badges?

It doesn't need to be Smogon to apply calculations and power scaling to a Pokemon.  I am well aware how ingame works as well considering I've played through the whole game, but that hardly means anything.  Ingame is a lot easier than competitive due to AI requiring unfair advantages to pose any similar amount of threat.  So Volcarona not having to worry about Stealth Rock outside of the few instances of AI using it does matter here as it gives times for it to setup at max health vs half health.  This matters as both Gyarados and Volcarona aren't going to be boosting in front of a Pokemon that can't damage them every single time.  (Volcarona also has access to Roost to allow it to abuse setup better than Gyarados in some instances.  Quiver Dance boosting Special Defense also helps it be able to boost when faced with special attackers.)

My examples make perfect sense considering all of these are generally available to the player, whereas Gyarados is currently not available due to the false pre-tense that it is broken.

Volcarona can be gotten from doing a puzzle in the game.  It has Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Hurricane, Bug Buzz, and Substitute.  This is all it needs.  Lycanroc is irrelevant as not every trainer has one and it isn't nearly as common as you try to make it out to be.  Same Pokemon also does around 50%~ or more damage to Gyarados as well with Accelerock, which could very well faint it, and outright kills it with Stone Edge.

Greninja has no coverage?  You're joking right?  We have Dark Pulse and Surf available ingame as of now for it, Water Shuriken from move relearner for water priority, Grass Knot and Blizzard for other types you'd need.  It isn't as powerful as it is in competitive right now, but to say it has "no coverage" is an exaggeration.  Gyarados itself only really has Waterfall (or Aqua Tail), Crunch, and Ice Fang for the most part.

Salamence was given out to those who had helped Jan as I stated before.

Blaziken doesn't need Moxie, but you already admitted that this is broken so moving on.

You haven't explained why for this.  You just say it's broken and don't bring anything of substance as to why outside vacuum numbers.  You also downplayed both Volcarona (by dismissing Smogon points because "not competitive") and Greninja by saying they have no coverage options, showing you really don't understand how these two work.

57 minutes ago, Chrixai said:

Ok I'm sorry, but can we please move onto another topic? It's really not a big deal as Jan said all mons will be available soon. And I'm sure Gyarados/Magikarp will be available soon. So can we discuss something else? Likeeeeeee the hype and longer content v13 has to offer.

Fair enough.  I'm looking forward to the gen 8 Pokemon being in the game as well as the new teams all the characters and NPCs will have.

• Like 2

Oh no. I forgot to tell about the remaining Star Shard because currently there has 4 star shards obtainable. Maybe I acted too late about that now that the debeloppment has been improved. I really screwed this time.

Damn, guys.. Calm down..

Listen, Gyarados for a game like Rejuvenation IS quite OP, Gyarados has a very strong sweep potential and since this isn't online matches and the AI can be abused (I sure done that a lot..) it's easy to set up a Gyarados for a quick sweep, I mean, most players see that coming but AI trainers? Nah..

About the terrain, I don't think anything need to be changed, it's true that most of the difficulty of fighting a gym leader is fighting his team on a setup that is advantageous to them like Crawli having a Forest Field AND infinite Rain (weakening Fire Types, nullifying one of his team's weakness) but honestly speaking we kinda already can manipulate fields to our advantage even before those moves.. My strategy against Souta is basically start with a Steelix with Smack Down to turn the Air Field into a Mountain Top Field and then Dig to turn the Mountain Top Field into a Cave Field and just sweep with Lycanroc afterwards, so I don't think anything needs to be changed tbh

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

My strategy

This is exactly the reason why a terrain setter like Rillaboom breaks the mechanic.  It replaces strategy of using moves to change them to your own advantage with just sending out Rillaboom and being done with it.  It essentially lets you just bypass the whole thing outside occasions where the opponent happens to have moves to take back control.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Myrrh said:

This is exactly the reason why a terrain setter like Rillaboom breaks the mechanic.  It replaces strategy of using moves to change them to your own advantage with just sending out Rillaboom and being done with it.  It essentially lets you just bypass the whole thing outside occasions where the opponent happens to have moves to take back control.

hmm.. I think I read somewhere that for V13, the four original terrains will be separate from the fanmade fields introduced in Reborn and Rejuvenation, so basically they would stack.
For example, let's say setting the Grassy terrain (only 2 effects: Grass +50% damage and heal every turn) on top of the Factory field (with its countless effects).
I might be remembering wrong tho, but that would definitely be the best way to balance out the field moves/abilities.

I hate to say it but can we stop talking about that part because I don't want for V13 discussion thread to be closed and I don't want to be a part of that. 😟

Anyway, there's something I have to say. I must understand that those choices in Rejuvenation affects the dialogues. But now in V13, will those dialogues remain the same regardless of choices (like when Melia defeat Madelis or not, when MC defends Officer from Rift Gardevoir or attempting to save Maria, etc...)?

Edited by RoyChaos