V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

• Veterans
59 minutes ago, MissMaya said:

Come on bring V13 out :P We are ready!!!

We're just as excited to get the update out as you are, trust me -- but releasing it in its current state would mean it's unfinished, riddled with bugs and nowhere near the kind of experience we want the player to have. It's the final stretch, so please be patient a little longer as we test the game and fix stuff up!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Zumi said:

We're just as excited to get the update out as you are, trust me -- but releasing it in its current state would mean it's unfinished, riddled with bugs and nowhere near the kind of experience we want the player to have. It's the final stretch, so please be patient a little longer as we test the game and fix stuff up!

Don't worry :) I am not here tu rush.

I want to enjoy fully the next chapter without any problems :P

I just wanted to say that I am ready for it ;)

On 4/5/2021 at 5:01 PM, MissMaya said:

Come on bring V13 out :P We are ready!!!

2021-04-05_22h54_24.png.d3c39127cf6b90f12806d607c7a21ac9.png

Nice what do you think of my team : greninja venasaur volcarona espeon electivire alolan ninetails , also have a few reserves like dragalge

im also super ready for v13 spent a lot of time raising new team members since it became obvious after ryland how my team wasnt gonna cut it so i replaced almost all pokemon anyone else got the feeling after facing ryland of being completly overwhelmed 

I would highly suggest starting a fresh new save since many things will change in previous areas such as gym leaders having new team compositions but it's up to you.

Also, a small request, can the Ditto we capture have, like, 31IVs on everything? Breeding is such a boring process and consume too much time that I could be using making progress in the story.. (Or, I dunno, disregard IVs completely, like, every pokemon either comes with all 0s or 31s)

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Also, a small request, can the Ditto we capture have, like, 31IVs on everything?

omg THIS PLZ!!!

I'm going to try and do a steel type run for v13 and this would greatly help 'mons that can't exactly mate with themselves or others like Magnemite.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Calentz said:

omg THIS PLZ!!!

I'm going to try and do a steel type run for v13 and this would greatly help 'mons that can't exactly mate with themselves or others like Magnemite.

Oof, you trying a Steel run?!
Good luck! *salute*

Imma just do a gen8 run

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I would highly suggest starting a fresh new save since many things will change in previous areas such as gym leaders having new team compositions but it's up to you.

Also, a small request, can the Ditto we capture have, like, 31IVs on everything? Breeding is such a boring process and consume too much time that I could be using making progress in the story.. (Or, I dunno, disregard IVs completely, like, every pokemon either comes with all 0s or 31s)

TBH I wish it was that way. IVs are pretty dumb. People say they add individuality but that is not really even the case, they just make some mons worse then others, which is not individuality. That would be like if I was playing a trading card game and copied a tier one deck but then randomly decided to not run one of the best cards in it, and instead run an inferior option. People would not say that makes it "unique" they would say it makes it worse.

Edited by pizzagod13
  • Upvote 1

I do suffer bc the new field/terrain distinction somewhat nerfed my Misty Clefable but I'm also eager to see the changes, like Route 4 (which won't be complete until 13.5, I know, I don't mind waiting) 

6 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

TBH I wish it was that way. IVs are pretty dumb. People say they add individuality but that is not really even the case, they just make some mons worse then others, which is not individuality. That would be like if I was playing a trading card game and copied a tier one deck but then randomly decided to not run one of the best cards in it, and instead run an inferior option. People would not say that makes it "unique" they would say it makes it worse.

Yeah.. For me individuality comes in the EVs, Nature, Abilities and Moves, since different combinations of these can create different types of Pokemons, 2 good examples are Nidoking/Queen and Tyranitar, they both can be either P.Attacker or Sp.Attacker depending on the combination you choose, IVs are just a waste of time since you can get everything on 31 anyway while also being impactful on the flow of the battles, I mean, a Pokemon with base 100 speed but with a 31 IV can outspeed a 110 speed with 0 IV (maybe even a 120 speed with 0 IV).. 

Usually I would roll with the debug mode just to change the IVs of the pokemons I capture to 31 just to skip the breeding process but since this will be a new version under a new engine I really doubt that the v12 debug mode will still be working.. So I wished there would be a more legit way to speed up the process or skip altogether..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to say about Dimensional Rift Pokemon. The only thing is about Dimension type. Only Rift Gyarados had that type. So I want to ask seriously. Why the other Rift Pokemons don’t have that type? Will their type be changed in V13 or will it remain the same?

• Veterans
On 4/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, RoyChaos said:

I forgot to say about Dimensional Rift Pokemon. The only thing is about Dimension type. Only Rift Gyarados had that type. So I want to ask seriously. Why the other Rift Pokemons don’t have that type? Will their type be changed in V13 or will it remain the same?

Dimension type is being removed in V13 actually because it never gets used anyways, so Gyarados will have a minor type change.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm 3
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Darkwave said:

First thing to do in version 13^
Replaying the game because team kinda BRUH ZYiYPO-YKuI.thumb.jpg.9c8cefc2c19f55ef8d9525a62f73d7a0.jpg

Huh? Blaziken with Speed Boost is still one of the best mons in the game. Garchomp can still put in work even without EQ. And Jan already confimred that the mega ring will be available in V13 which means that you can use Mega Mawile which will be a good pick for 3 of the last 4 gyms (dragon, fairy and dark).

Also if you want a better water type, you can catch popplio. And if you want a better electric type, you can catch Rotom in the Old Castle above Goldenleaf(assuming you did the Dufaux Sidequest)

• Like 1

I'm using Blaziken first time and I think people kinda overrate blaziken a bit TBH. Like yeah speed boost, but Blaziken's default speed isn't great and it's kinda squishy which makes it difficult to switch in which can be a hassle playing on set mode. Plus it's stuck with double kick for like the first 5 badges(teaching it brick break helps at least) and Blaze kick's 90% accuracy means Blaziken is subject to choking. Its best moves are either late game or move relearner but for the first 8 hours or so I wasn't quite as impressed with him as I'd hope.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Huh? Blaziken with Speed Boost is still one of the best mons in the game. Garchomp can still put in work even without EQ. And Jan already confimred that the mega ring will be available in V13 which means that you can use Mega Mawile which will be a good pick for 3 of the last 4 gyms (dragon, fairy and dark).

Also if you want a better water type, you can catch popplio. And if you want a better electric type, you can catch Rotom in the Old Castle above Goldenleaf(assuming you did the Dufaux Sidequest)

Wait, MEGAS WHAT ?!
A fucking finally

1 hour ago, Darkwave said:

Wait, MEGAS WHAT ?!
A fucking finally

I just thinks about to add Poplio or something like this instead of Vaporeon
And Scizor instead of Mawile
But looks like im only need to get vaporeon crest

1 hour ago, Darkwave said:
  •  

I just thinks about to add Poplio or something like this instead of Vaporeon
And Scizor instead of Mawile
But looks like im only need to get vaporeon crest

Highlighted your heresy, you cur!

On 4/18/2021 at 1:51 PM, Zumi said:

Dimension type is being removed in V13 actually because it never gets used anyways, so Gyarados will have a minor type change.

If Rift Gyarados were to be also a Water/Psychic type, that would make sense about this appearance.

16 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

If Rift Gyarados were to be also a Water/Psychic type, that would make sense about this appearance.

I think Water/Dark makes more sense tbh

13 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I think Water/Dark makes more sense tbh

But Shadow Gyarados is not evil per se, but the psychic typing would be appropriate because it's said to be a whole bunch of magikarps together with rift energy

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kithas said:

But Shadow Gyarados is not evil per se, but the psychic typing would be appropriate because it's said to be a whole bunch of magikarps together with rift energy

I completely agree. And look at wormholes, that should be another reason why Rift Gyarados can be a Water/Psychic type instead of Water/Dark type. Besides, it’s because Magikarp didn’t evolve itself instead.