V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

He's in the water, he's "shadowy", his field boost dark-type moves so Water/Dark makes more sense.
Psychic isn't good since the field would go against his own typing unless it's changed into a psychic-field which won't make much sense, otherwise he would be pretty easy to beat.. Use Bite, it will be boosted by the field and then he takes Super Effective and bye-bye, OHKO

Wait v13 is going to have story changes?

I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about the terrain move changes. I kind of understand because Grookey would be like a gamebreaker otherwise but at the same time I feel like the current system gives a lot of pokemon a niche that will get taken away. Togedamaru is fantastic in this game because of sturdy + electric terrain giving it a nice spot for field control especially in gym and rift battles. Now that's going to be taken away and it's going to be nerfed somewhat.

Er also I think I found an oversight, but after leaving the stadium to board the ship you can take the train to route 9, except if you do you can't get back to the stadium through the train, as it just takes you to route 9 again despite being already there. I had to reload(though now that I think about it I probably could've used fly).

On 4/29/2021 at 1:34 AM, Xavier575 said:

So i accidentally deleted my Rejuv save file.. great.  But I think i'll wait until V13 to come out before I restart.  story changes and all.  A shame I lost my team though.  

did you delete the save folder? there are back up saves in there that you could use. If you still have them just rename one of the backups to "Game.rxdata" and you should be good to go. If not, then well that is unfortunate. 

I love how the game was difficult until my Combusken evolved (it has speed boost and bulk up) 

I just put him first and bulk up 3 times and bam xD (there are exceptions of course...) 

Tho I'm sure this won't work forever haha 

Btw the game and story are awesome, cheers to the developers

Edited by PKMTZero

22 minutes ago, PKMTZero said:

I love how the game was difficult until my Combusken evolved (it has speed boost and bulk up) 

I just put him first and bulk up 3 times and bam xD (there are exceptions of course...) 

Try using a Vivillon with Coumpound Eyes for it's ability and the moveset Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance and Hurricane

1. Put enemy to sleep
2. Quiver Dance once or twice (depends of how confident you are)
3. Hurricane
4. Hurricane
5. Hurricane
6. Bug Buzz(?)
7. Hurricane
8. Hurricane
9. Win

5 hours ago, PKMTZero said:

I still think people overrate Blaziken somewhat. There's certain fights where this works well(Adam provided you've taken away the field) but he's at a disadvantage for a lot of tougher battles, and his bulk is honestly not amazing which makes switching him in unreliable since he can get KO'd before gaining momentum. Plus until he gets his speed boost he's merely average speed wise, and against fast-late game optimized mons can still lose out even with a +1 boost stacked unless you've fully invested in speed yourself. Another thing is his best moves all have some sort of drawback via recoil(flare blitz) or unreliable accuracy which makes him subjectable to choking. 

If you're playing on switch mode he's probably better since he gets free switch ins/switch outs which benefits him(as it does all glass cannons and heavy hitters) . But on set and in doubles his weaknesses become more noticeable.

Blaziken is still good, don't get me wrong but I don't think he's easy mode or "hands down the best starter" as I've seen claimed a lot here. 

19 hours ago, pizzagod13 said:

did you delete the save folder? there are back up saves in there that you could use. If you still have them just rename one of the backups to "Game.rxdata" and you should be good to go. If not, then well that is unfortunate. 

I don't know what actually happened.  i opened the game up one day and no save data was there

16 hours ago, Monochrome_Complex said:

Blaziken is still good, don't get me wrong but I don't think he's easy mode or "hands down the best starter" as I've seen claimed a lot here. 

Who would you say is the best starter as of v12?

Not disagreeing with you I'm genuinely curious as I was thinking of choosing Blaziken at some point if it still isn't available by v13 besides getting it as a starter.

1 hour ago, Calentz said:

Not disagreeing with you I'm genuinely curious as I was thinking of choosing Blaziken at some point if it still isn't available by v13 besides getting it as a starter.

If we are counting megas, MegaBlaziken, no doubt here.. A pretty OP sweeper with a pretty OP ability, one of the main points of the anti-megaevolution crowd, he's ridiculously strong and being a Fire Type means immunity to burn so you can't even mess with his attack (which is massive).. An annoying enemy to deal with for sure..

But if we remove megas off the table I think I am more leaning on Greninja, tho' Blaziken takes a close second in my opinion, solely because of Greninja's ability to STAB any move so even if his S.Atk isn't all that high the fact he always STAB gives a massive advantage for sweeps (specially because his speed is impressive) and Mat Block is good in doubles but Blaziken still takes a very close second due to what I said above.. 

Tho' my favorite starter is Infernape.. I find Iron Fist quite reliable since I can have him with a decent hitting Fire and Thunder Punch (for the birdies and fishies) while having Mach Punch for finisher and Close Combat as the high damage move, his speed and attack iare also strong enough to outspeed and OHKO most things.

• Thanks 1

UWUchicken is easily the best starter in terms of making the game less difficult which is fine. Gren and Infernape are the two other best starters as of v12. However when v13 comes out the three new starters are easily top 6 except for maybe Intelleon which is still a strong starter despite what people think of it.

2 hours ago, Calentz said:

V12? Maybe Greninja with protean? Only thing is Greninja requires good moves to make good use of protean and due to the early game struggle you don't really have access to a good amount of moves for a while so he won't be *that* great at first. I never used him in Rejuv but I did in Reborn and he was great by lategame there but early on suffered from his moveset. I think his strength is his versality  and being able to adapt to a lot of gyms.

In rejuv I only used Primarina, Infernape, Incineroar and Blaziken. I like Incineroar because of intimidate which is useful for all the double fights and just in general. Primarina was solid  from what I remember, Infernape was too.  

7 hours ago, Adam. said:

UWUchicken is easily the best starter in terms of making the game less difficult which is fine. Gren and Infernape are the two other best starters as of v12. However when v13 comes out the three new starters are easily top 6 except for maybe Intelleon which is still a strong starter despite what people think of it.

Well, Scorbunny is literally Fire Type Greninja with it's ability being basically the same anyway, the main difference is that Cinderace has better Atk stat than Greninja's S.Atk and have that OP signature move Pyro Ball which is just a physical version of Fire Blast with WAY better accuracy.

I would go as far as to say that Cinderace is better than Blaziken in that regard by just having that ability on it's own, I mean, Blaziken can't do a supper effect on Cinderace due to it being a pure Fire but Cinderace can learn moves like Zen Headbutt and Acrobatics while doing STAB with those, if we put megas out of the equasion Cinderace is clearly the new strongest starter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Tho' my favorite starter is Infernape.. I find Iron Fist quite reliable since I can have him with a decent hitting Fire and Thunder Punch (for the birdies and fishies) while having Mach Punch for finisher and Close Combat as the high damage move, his speed and attack iare also strong enough to outspeed and OHKO most things.

I wish Infernape was capable of using drain punch 😭
Speaking of, what are your thoughts towards it's crest?  Personally I would have preferred a crest that supplements it's current abilities rather than just changing it from an attacker to more of a defensive.  Then again i'm not part of the meta crowd so maybe it's crest is actually really good?

10 minutes ago, Calentz said:

I wish Infernape was capable of using drain punch 😭
Speaking of, what are your thoughts towards it's crest?  Personally I would have preferred a crest that supplements it's current abilities rather than just changing it from an attacker to more of a defensive.  Then again i'm not part of the meta crowd so maybe it's crest is actually really good?

I think the fact he can't learn Drain Punch was on purpose or else he would had been too OP.. You could make a decent off-tank out of him if he could and if you don't OHKO him he would just heal himself..

I personally don't use the Crest but I believe it's effective if you decide to go for a Nasty Plot kind of build by making him a speedy-tank you can probably pop 1 or 2 Nasty Plots before going bananas with him, that's no monkey business for sure.

Well, except for that, I saw that the progression is almost near the end. But this isn't the time to get excited. Just a litte final push and the V13 developpment is complete. But I don't think V13 will be released soon after that. Maybe later.