V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

53 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

You will see also that Cinderace (who will be in V13) is gonna give you much trouble his ability Libero when V13 is available. (It's just an example.) Speaking of abilities, will this ability Libero work here in Rejuvenation?

I think Libero will work just fine, if anything all the dev needs to do is give him Protean and change the name to Libero, heh

44 minutes ago, Itamar said:

Does someone know if trick room effects gyro ball?

And how does Maria have two houses (marble mansion and the one in the badlands) that everything that happened in one happened in the other?

About Gyro Ball, iirc, the move takes the actual speed stats, while trick room doesn't change the values but how they affect the turn. 

About the Maria Thing, it's one of the unsoved mysteries in Aevium...

Spoiler

For now, we've known several versions of Melia, not counting her siblings:

Maria from the Prologue who lived in the badlands, Marianette from the prologue, living in a castle, probably the same Maria

Marianette from Sewers Mansion (Normal-type badge) who lived in a Mansion we can't yet identify, for now, and ended up facing Indriad;

Maria from the TimeTravel in Kugearen (so, 50 years "ago"), who lived in what is now Chrisolia's hotel and who was sealed by Indriad in a christal (the one that Kenneth sees in WLL)

Melanie from the Bad Timeline (which we already know is a dark version of Melia and is defeated for now);

And our actual Deuteragonist Melia.

Which of them are the same? Which of them share a timeline or are different versions of each other? Because Venam knows Melia well, but didn't recognize Marianette or Maria when she met them. 

I think it can have something to do with alternate versions of each other, but, with Storm-9 as a reference, we know two of them could have coexisted (Prologue!Maria and Timetravel!Maria) while we could piece that at least two of them could have coexisted after the Cataclism (We know from Angie in the sewers mansion Storm-9 already had happened, and I guess Castle Marianette is a grown up version of Maria from the Prologue...), while originally Melia seemed younger than those two Marianettes.

3 minutes ago, kithas said:

About Gyro Ball, iirc, the move takes the actual speed stats, while trick room changes things posterior to them. 

About the Maria Thing, it's one of the unsoved mysteries in Aevium...

Reveal hidden contents

For now, we've known several versions of Melia, not counting her siblings:

Maria from the Prologue who lived in the badlands, Marianette from the prologue, living in a castle, probably the same Maria

Marianette from Sewers Mansion (Normal-type badge) who lived in a Mansion we can't yet identify, for now, and ended up facing Indriad;

Maria from the TimeTravel in Kugearen (so, 50 years "ago"), who lived in what is now Chrisolia's hotel and who was sealed by Indriad in a christal (the one that Kenneth sees in WLL)

Melanie from the Bad Timeline (which we already know is a dark version of Melia and is defeated for now);

And our actual Deuteragonist Melia.

Which of them are the same? Which of them share a timeline or are different versions of each other? Because Venam knows Melia well, but didn't recognize Marianette or Maria when she met them. 

I think it can have something to do with alternate versions of each other, but, with Storm-9 as a reference, we know two of them could have coexisted (Prologue!Maria and Timetravel!Maria) while we could piece that at least two of them could have coexisted after the Cataclism (We know from Angie in the sewers mansion Storm-9 already had happened, and I guess Castle Marianette is a grown up version of Maria from the Prologue...), while originally Melia seemed younger than those two Marianettes.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Draconis said:

Also, doesn't Indeedee get Psychic Surge for its Hidden Ability?

Yeah, every Surge ability is available for non-Legendaries in gen8. But the thing is, while the other Surge mons can be placed late in the game, Rillaboom is a starter, so you can get it super early which is kinda broken.

7 minutes ago, Zumi said:

New character art has been made!

While you're waiting for V13, here's some more official art of the characters! This time around Marianette, Indriad, Eli, Sharon, Geara and Narcissa got their art done.

Wow those look fantastic! Especially Sharon 😂

34 minutes ago, Zumi said:

While you're waiting for V13, here's some more official art of the characters! This time around Marianette, Indriad, Eli, Sharon, Geara and Narcissa got their art done.

pxnZ4kx.pngvKavYW2.png3KL78a4.png

jWiBqrd.pngPhhuKFx.png

...But there's more on the way! I have sketches ready for another six characters, so you'll be seeing those soon too -- in fact, next up is... The Blacksteeple castle arc crew. hoooh. 👀

As per usual, you can find back all the character artwork, a link to full resolution versions and bonus icons in the Official art thread! Make sure to check it out if you want to see them!

• Haha 1

That is some quality art right there.

In the latest Twitter entry it implies that Saki has been ‘erased’. But what does that mean? Could it mean potentially that she is not only gone, but

Spoiler

erased from people’s memories?

It’s happened before.

Spoiler

Specifically if you choose ‘Hand it over’ during the bad future... Amber tries to look for you, then you disappears, and she forgets, all that she remembers is that someone else existed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Freya has powers to this extent given what she was capable of in Where Love Lies.

Of course since we’re the Interceptor, we don’t forget. Valerie and Adam on the other hand...

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

jWiBqrd.pngPhhuKFx.png

...But there's more on the way! I have sketches ready for another six characters, so you'll be seeing those soon too -- in fact, next up is... The Blacksteeple castle arc crew. hoooh. 👀

As per usual, you can find back all the character artwork, a link to full resolution versions and bonus icons in the Official art thread! Make sure to check it out if you want to see them!

These look great. Keap up the great work.

Wow! They are very great! Above all, Marianette reminds me of some main character we've also known (?) While Indriad I though looked a bit like Keta! Like the sunkness and the souless feel both of them give. I'm also glad knowing we can associate him with Yvetal hehe.

Good work, and keep doing it like that!

Uhhh and wait, I thought Team Xen members (at least Grunts, probably not admins) had an X pattern on the chest of their uniforms. As a, you know, secure from the higher ups (Madame X) that they wouldn't betray them. I guess I was wrong lol

1 hour ago, kithas said:

Uhhh and wait, I thought Team Xen members (at least Grunts, probably not admins) had an X pattern on the chest of their uniforms. As a, you know, secure from the higher ups (Madame X) that they wouldn't betray them. I guess I was wrong lol

The regular Grunts do, but since Eli and Sharon don't seem to be 'regular' Grunts, it's possible that they'd be exempt.

...Except we've seen it used on a Deathwing already, who are a step above these two, and Ren, who's likely a step above other Deathwings due to his status as Nastasia's personal unit, has been threatened with it, IIRC. Though since Ren's isn't visible on him (assuming it's even needed, given his predicament), it could be possible that Eli and Sharon's Xs are simply hidden under their vests?

As for the other character's, Indriad's looking far more sinister than he ever did in the overworld sprites (R.I.P.), Geara looks pretty punchable (don't be so smug, ya dumb illusionist!), Marianette definitely has every right to look as worried as she does, and... I still have no idea how the heck Narcissa's sash-thing works? I know she's not the only character to have one (Champion!Iris sported a pink one in BW2), but doesn't ease up my confusion. I dunno, maybe I just don't understand fashion. 🤷‍♀️

18 minutes ago, blackmewtwo200 said:

I wonder if we are gonna get more stuff with Maria and hopefully vitus can be reedemed because if it wasn't for gardevoir he would become crazy

That's the thing, it happens in only one instance (The TimeTravel Chrysolia Mansion), but in the castle, in the Badlands house from the prologue and in the sewers mansion, Gardevoir is nowhere to be found. I think Indriad itself is the bad guy, and Gardevoir is only a pawn to him, if only being important when she made him "return to his senses" in that occasion.

The X thing, yeah, I'm glad I'm not the only one to think of it. It may not be the X, but the greenish looking thing from their chests... Oh, who knows.

Great art! Indriad looks like he's a proper deranged cult leader, instead of someone trying to imitate a Team Plasma grunt with black clothing instead of whitish-grey. Sharon looks great, and her expression seems to perfectly encapsulate her attitude towards work.

4 hours ago, Zumi said:

jWiBqrd.pngPhhuKFx.png

These are amazing! My favorite has gotta be Eli and Sharlene. Shannon particularly looks just like I imagined. 

Spoiler

Also definitely noticing some Yveltal-like influence in Indriad's getup. Considering the two (one?) character(s) we've seen using Yveltal, and the dialogue that results when you spam Quick Guard fighting said Yveltal... this definitely gives a few BIG hints lore-wise.

5 hours ago, Zumi said:

jWiBqrd.pngPhhuKFx.png

Amazing artwork as always, Zumi. I especially like the Maria/Marianette picture as it's very, very cute.

49 minutes ago, The Fangame Connoisseur said:

Amazing artwork as always, Zumi. I especially like the Maria/Marianette picture as it's very, very cute.

dude ur like 23. could u sound any less inappropriate wtf

• Hmm 1
  • Upvote 1

Sharom's "I am done.." face depicts her pretty well

3 minutes ago, LisiaImai said:

dude ur like 23. could u sound any less inappropriate wtf

What?.. What's inappropriate about calling a character cute?.. She is cute..
If he was calling her a "hot peace of a**" then I would get your point but "cute" is so tame..

Edited by MhicKy
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Fangame Connoisseur said:

I apologise if my comment came across as inappropriate, but that was not my intention at all.

Am I.. Am I missing something here?!
What's inappropriate about calling a character "cute"?!
Oh god.. Did I step into another dimension again.. I can't do this again..

• Upvote 2

That new art looks really good, like official-commercial-art tier really good. It also does a good job of matching the canon art style for the main series games, but also is enough of its own style.

And I still want to punch Geara in the face so hard his little red streaks fall out. Multiple times, if possible. Even knowing everything current about him, it's still impossible for me to forgive the crap he pulled.