V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

10 minutes ago, ausar999 said:

I'm just holding out for the hope that v13 will finally be the update where Truckguy becomes a romance option

Oh, and this a suuuuper minor thing, but also hoping for the field to be changed for some of the later-game audino trainers. Secret power putting you to sleep 30% (?) of the time can be quite tedious when you're trying to do a 1-85 grind.

No

Truckguy and Pianolady are a ship and that's the hill I will die on.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I don't know, that scene happens after Valor Mountain, as the group is all on Terrial and not Terejuma.

The flashback scene doesn't have the MC or Melia in it at all, and we do have the Past Aevium/West Gearen chapter between Valor Mountain and arriving in Terrial. Plus, Saki's jumpy-robot-thingy is seen crashed behind the group who is there, and that is present when we first reach Route 7. Valerie still has blue hair, placing it as pre-GDC.

It's also Delpha's flashback, not the MC/Melia's and the (cut)scene where the flashback takes place in is 

Spoiler

while the MC is unconscious after (possibly) beating Melia and Aelita alongside Freya on top of Eclysia.

Course, that doesn't excuse her manipulation of Ren or abduction of Jenner, but it could explain the change between "down with team Xen/interest in the Interceptor" and "let's kill Melia's friends".

3 hours ago, kithas said:

No

Truckguy and Pianolady are a ship and that's the hill I will die on.

I agree.

The only way we can really explain Crescent’s behaviour is that some of the characters we thought were on our side may turn out to be evil. It’s anyone’s guess who those actually are.

1 hour ago, Delta3416 said:

The only way we can really explain Crescent’s behaviour is that some of the characters we thought were on our side may turn out to be evil. It’s anyone’s guess who those actually are.

Reina told us that a medium told her mom that one of her kids is gonna be good and the other one will be evil, so probably Ren/Reina will turn evil.

4 minutes ago, Itamar said:

Reina told us that a medium told her mom that one of her kids is gonna be good and the other one will be evil, so probably Ren/Reina will turn evil.

Or Crescent is just a bad person and her actions aren't justified at all, and that she's doing these things out of her weird obsession with us. Anyway, Ren joined a Terrorist organization, so close enough to becoming evil?

48 minutes ago, Itamar said:

Whos to say what the medium saw wasnt Ren joining team Xen as a mole but didnt realize Ren was a mole? Plus the future is finicky especially since the player is here. Then again its been a while since i got to that part so there could have been more said about it than i remember.

Crescent is Reina is honestly an ascended brain statement. Tired of her brother being a robo-terrorist and getting buddy buddy with a woman who is both older than him yet received his aid as a young child she got a Gothitelle and became an edgelord, manipulating her brother into joining the terrorist organization that she was tired of him joining in the first place.

Maybe Crescent is actually the Gothittele she walks with and the Crescent we know is just a puppet

*shrug* If we gonna go with crazy theories, f**k it!

7 hours ago, Tikkit said:

Tired of her brother being a robo-terrorist

I was thinking something similar because there are still the dual prophecies and in blacksteeple we see the absol statue with the description of the four darkness, one of them being betrayal, so probably Reina will feel betrayed by Ren and will turn evil.

8 hours ago, Kyublivion said:

We are crescent. Thats it, thats the theory.

I think crescent is a family member of the player because at the start of the game you can hear a conversation that the player's "mom" was talking to crescent and crescent tells her that all she wants is to see the player smile. So if she is not a family member of the player I dont know who she is.

Non related to the conspiracies you guys are cooking here but..

Can we be able to register more items on the hotkeys in V13?
I appreciate being able to place 3 of my Key Items on F3, F4 and F5 but I wish I could place more.. 

I'm digging the Reina-is-Crescent theory. Crescent seems to be a pure psychic trainer- Gothitelle, "Dranna" the Mewtwo, and...

Spoiler

Zetta the solosis (Reuniclus, presumably)

and Reina's "ace" being Swoobat adds to that. Though Reina also having a Honchkrow and Rimbombee in the one time we fight her doesn't exactly support that. 

Or maybe Crescent is just gonna be one of the elite 8, given the monotype and how powerful she's made to be. 

6 hours ago, Itamar said:

I was thinking something similar because there are still the dual prophecies and in blacksteeple we see the absol statue with the description of the four darkness, one of them being betrayal, so probably Reina will feel betrayed by Ren and will turn evil.

Building a bit on the Dual Prophecies, there's a relevant detail about them that's been on my mind since V11. They state that the 4 Lights are "not born of man", which highly suggests that they have to be created somehow. Ren's case is a bit of a curious one here- his mind is human, no doubt about that, but his body is mechanical- enough so to confuse even sensitive people like Nim. Considering that we don't know how strict the requirements for becoming a Light actually are, there's a very real possibility that he's 'artificial' enough to count now (which would be kinda ironic, considering that Team Xen recruited him because they thought he was the Darkness of Betrayal). Of course, there's now the possibility that all four of the Light slots are taken up by the fragments of the Archetype, but how lame would that be?

Of course, if Ren's a Light, then that inversely means that Reina's a Darkness (which by definition do have to be 'born of man', or fully human)- and there is some incidental evidence for that. 'Reina' is the Spanish word for 'queen', and those of us who delved into the sidequests not attached to the Help Centers should be pretty familiar with a black-haired queen notorious for her evil deeds in her time. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Giselda attempt to possess the girl or something- surely one the most vicious of the Garufa would be willing to pull off a trick like that, right? Her sisters are still around, after all.

26 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Building a bit on the Dual Prophecies, there's a relevant detail about them that's been on my mind since V11. They state that the 4 Lights are "not born of man", which highly suggests that they have to be created somehow. Ren's case is a bit of a curious one here- his mind is human, no doubt about that, but his body is mechanical- enough so to confuse even sensitive people like Nim. Considering that we don't know how strict the requirements for becoming a Light actually are, there's a very real possibility that he's 'artificial' enough to count now (which would be kinda ironic, considering that Team Xen recruited him because they thought he was the Darkness of Betrayal). Of course, there's now the possibility that all four of the Light slots are taken up by the fragments of the Archetype, but how lame would that be?

Of course, if Ren's a Light, then that inversely means that Reina's a Darkness (which by definition do have to be 'born of man', or fully human)- and there is some incidental evidence for that. 'Reina' is the Spanish word for 'queen', and those of us who delved into the sidequests not attached to the Help Centers should be pretty familiar with a black-haired queen notorious for her evil deeds in her time. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Giselda attempt to possess the girl or something- surely one the most vicious of the Garufa would be willing to pull off a trick like that, right? Her sisters are still around, after all.

This sounds pretty plausible.

28 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I'm pretty sure that the player and venam are two of the lights because in a previous version when you meet indriad for the first time he says that knowledge and intelligence are in the room and I dont think that luca and lenny are the ones he was talking about.

In the prophecies I think the man from "not born of man" is indriad but I may be wrong.

I'm pretty sure her sisters are spacea and tiempa.

45 minutes ago, ausar999 said:

I'm digging the Reina-is-Crescent theory. Crescent seems to be a pure psychic trainer- Gothitelle, "Dranna" the Mewtwo, and...

Reveal hidden contents

Zetta the solosis (Reuniclus, presumably)

and Reina's "ace" being Swoobat adds to that. Though Reina also having a Honchkrow and Rimbombee in the one time we fight her doesn't exactly support that. 

Or maybe Crescent is just gonna be one of the elite 8, given the monotype and how powerful she's made to be. 

I think the Crescent-is-Reina thing was just a joke..  At least it would contradict Crescent's care for the protagonist, since Reina is clearly not related to them in any way.

But I like the idea that she's part of the Elite, though as a member of the Stormchasers it would be very impractical for a time traveler to hold such a high position in the league.

9 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

It's still kinda unclear what 'Born of man' actually means. It could simply mean 'natural/normal human' which would exclude Ren. But it could also refer to 'created by humanity' in general, so Ren might still be 'born of man', since the mechanical body was created by humans (and his real body is still alive).

"Not born of man" could of course be 'not a natural body' like you say, but it could also refer to "god-given" powers, like the Archetypes. It could as well refer to 'different kinds of humans'. After all, there are a few immortal beings involved in the story, so everyone of them and their children/descendants could be candidates for the Lights as well.

On a side note, what if Crescent isn't actually caring for the protagonist at all? Since she's also used to time travelling, she might as well be from the past. The one she actually cares for might be Adrest, who she might have known and be related to in some way. And if she knows that he's still kind of alive and residing inside of the protag, that might be the reason why she doesn't want us to come to harm.

Interesting discussion about role reversal for Ren/Reina.

But I have another Crescent suggestion — she’s actually the MC’s time-travelling future teenage daughter (born after the plot ended, of course). 

For good measure, we can even say that she kicked the plot in motion by setting Indriad free after  striking a deal with him about the MC’s revival from an untimely car crash. So Indriad betrays her anyway, she flees and gets herself sheltered by the Stormchasers. 

3 hours ago, ausar999 said:

Wouldn't Karen be covering that monotype in the elite 8. She knows some garufan stuff too.

Edited by Mozano Kudusa