V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, Edo said:

It's still kinda unclear what 'Born of man' actually means. It could simply mean 'natural/normal human' which would exclude Ren. But it could also refer to 'created by humanity' in general, so Ren might still be 'born of man', since the mechanical body was created by humans (and his real body is still alive).

"Not born of man" could of course be 'not a natural body' like you say, but it could also refer to "god-given" powers, like the Archetypes. It could as well refer to 'different kinds of humans'. After all, there are a few immortal beings involved in the story, so everyone of them and their children/descendants could be candidates for the Lights as well.

Actually, this gave me a curious thought: what if we're thinking about this completely wrong? We know from Nymeria's Story of the Ancients that many of the first humans- and Indriad especially- put a lot of stock in the difference between humanity and pokemon. With this in mind, it's entirely possible that the four Lights are actually pokemon, with Delpha being the first one we've come across (that we're aware of, anyway). It would certainly fit the divide between sides in that ancient war, at least.

As for where that puts Ren and Reina, there are two trains of thought:
1) the fortune teller didn't specify that they were associated with the prophecy, just that one of them would eventually act in an 'evil' manner (though how that'll work out is a bit of an odd point, considering that both of them have managed to not be blatantly influenced by Goldenleaf Town's... unsavory culture during their childhoods); or

2) the Light one of the pair will wind becoming a pokemon somehow.

Keep in mind that this sort of thing does happen in Pokémon's established lore a few times. The most common cases are many Ghost Types being essentially reincarnate spirits of the deceased (and boy would that make for a return that'll catch a lot of folks by surprise; Ren's precarious position also makes it very easy for such a thing to happen in the first place), but it's also worth noting the two cases where someone became a kadabra and the nine "great wizards" that combined to create the first ninetales (sounds like a drawback for botching a Garufan spell within the context of Rejuvenation's lore to me; Gen. 3's Dex Entries were weird sometimes). 

Naturally, there's an especially high chance that I'm terribly incorrect with this one, but if I'm actually correct... we're certainly gonna see some seriously surprised spoiler threads on that Version's release~ 😆

• Hmm 1

2 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

Actually, this gave me a curious thought: what if we're thinking about this completely wrong? We know from Nymeria's Story of the Ancients that many of the first humans- and Indriad especially- put a lot of stock in the difference between humanity and pokemon. With this in mind, it's entirely possible that the four Lights are actually pokemon, with Delpha being the first one we've come across (that we're aware of, anyway). It would certainly fit the divide between sides in that ancient war, at least.

As for where that puts Ren and Reina, there are two trains of thought:
1) the fortune teller didn't specify that they were associated with the prophecy, just that one of them would eventually act in an 'evil' manner (though how that'll work out is a bit of an odd point, considering that both of them have managed to not be blatantly influenced by Goldenleaf Town's... unsavory culture during their childhoods); or

2) the Light one of the pair will wind becoming a pokemon somehow.

Keep in mind that this sort of thing does happen in Pokémon's established lore a few times. The most common cases are many Ghost Types being essentially reincarnate spirits of the deceased (and boy would that make for a return that'll catch a lot of folks by surprise; Ren's precarious position also makes it very easy for such a thing to happen in the first place), but it's also worth noting the two cases where someone became a kadabra and the nine "great wizards" that combined to create the first ninetales (sounds like a drawback for botching a Garufan spell within the context of Rejuvenation's lore to me; Gen. 3's Dex Entries were weird sometimes). 

Naturally, there's an especially high chance that I'm terribly incorrect with this one, but if I'm actually correct... we're certainly gonna see some seriously surprised spoiler threads on that Version's release~ 😆

The fortune teller in the underground tells us that in the final battle the player stands in front of three of there friends,  so I don't think the light prophecy talks about pokemon.

On 4/9/2020 at 5:17 AM, Itamar said:
On 4/8/2020 at 1:04 AM, Tikkit said:

I actually think that keta is alive because Irvin told us that the soul stone was empty, and in the picture we see keta trapped in a bubble so he is alive. The only question left about him is: how did he survive?

I think I was wrong here, I now think that he is dead but madame x captured him because she wants to give him life. If she is able to do that she will have the power of time and space (with the time diamond) and now life and death.

48 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

On the talk about Ren and Reina, I feel that Ren could be darkness by technicality, since he clearly isn't evil, but still betrayed the group and felt betrayed.

Madame X and Nastasia would agree with you, I'm fairly sure that's why he was recruited to Team Xen in the first place. 

So after moving some saves to my actual computer, I loaded up and remembered something that bothered me about a month ago.

Ana.

In present Aevium, ANA is an android who is currently on the run from Bladestar and “V” and has a collection of memories with her grandmother. Ana also shares a sprite with the “secret” Player Character. Third, there is a gravestone by the Hiyoshi City house in both Past and Present Aevium that reads: “To our dear friend, Ana. May you rest peacefully forever”. The house mentioned is the same one where the MC has memories of other lives happen. Based on the connections between Ana and the player characters, could she have something to do with the plot as a whole?

Also, I found a book in the Blacksteeple cabin, the one that we first meet Braixen at, that has a book about domestic abuse. This is a VERY small detail, but it is owned by “someone” named “Anathea” who plays a much larger role during the Hiyoshi arc and buildup to the Calamity.

Edited by ArcaneArceus

Oh my, I don't like that detail related to Anathea. Though Ana is definitely gonna spill over to plot relevance. You don't give a character that only appears in a single quest chain such a mysterious and interesting background, and slowly feed us details about it, and include small mentions of her near a place clearly important to the player for nothing. It wouldn't be the first time a sidequest character gets plot relevance. Such as with Alice and Alan, and with Alexandra and Karen.

I would suggest that, by talking about the Four Lights we consider the four related characters who lightened up and formed a Legendary Symbom: Melia, Erin, Alice & Allen. And the "man" in the prophecy can be actually the Man with the capital M, i. e., the Man from the creation myth by Nymiera, who seems to be none other than Indriad, related to the lights (strongly related to Melia and her alter egos and probable "father" of Alice/Allen too). The MC won't be bc the Interceptor explicitly exists outside destiny, fate, or the prophecys. Our role will probably to choose between the prophecy of light or darkness. 

Well obviously they are the four lights. However, its fun to consider other, far sillier and less likely options since there technically isn't direct confirmation about who the four lights are. The four darks however are much more interesting to consider, and much more vague. We don't actually know any of them for sure, except for maybe Ren.

The prophesy is mistranslated, the 4 lights and 4 darkness's are meant to work together to stop the Xenpurgis, what is the Xenpurgis you ask? A giant Rubber Duck summoned by Storm 9. We, the Interceptor, are the owner of the giant Rubber Duck and have been looking for it everywhere. 

• Haha 3
  • Hmm 1

This thread is giving me headaches and nightmares..

Alright, have you guys considered the MC is actually Arceus?! If we gonna go full cuckoo mode LET'S GO FULL CUCKOO MODE!!

46 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Alright, have you guys considered the MC is actually Arceus?! If we gonna go full cuckoo mode LET'S GO FULL CUCKOO MODE!!

I believe it.

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

Aevis / Aevia / Axel / Ariana / Alain / Aero -> definitely Arceus with human names

And everything is just dreamt by Maria, hence why we saw her in the prologue.

Edited by Edo
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Edo said:

Aevis / Aevia / Axel / Ariana / Alain / Aero -> definitely Arceus with human names

And everything is just dreamt by Maria, hence why we saw her in the prologue.

Maybe this entire reality is a dream created by the developer who wishes to make a successful Pokemon game and have his fanbase debating over weird ass theories in the forums and when he suddenly wakes up he realizes he never actually followed that dream and just go back into his boring daily life routine always wondering how grand it would had been

52 minutes ago, JK’S said:

Does anyone know what To do if you miss a zygarde cell (like at the pier at the start of the game) or will there be an opportunity to get them later?

Nope, if you missed them you missed them.. That's it..
Only way to get it back is by restarting and not missing it.. I hope the game has extra cells for the case of people that missed those.. Cuz I also dunno if I missed 2 since I only have 98 and I can find the other 2 no matter what..

• Veterans
14 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Nope, if you missed them you missed them.. That's it..
Only way to get it back is by restarting and not missing it.. I hope the game has extra cells for the case of people that missed those.. Cuz I also dunno if I missed 2 since I only have 98 and I can find the other 2 no matter what..

There's extra cells scattered about, so don't worry about missing out on some!

2 minutes ago, Zumi said:

There's extra cells scattered about, so don't worry about missing out on some!

By extra cells scattered you mean in the next version or in the current?
Cuz I am stuck at 98 so I thought I missed 2.. But if there's more in this version I will go do another round

• Veterans
Just now, MhicKy said:

By extra cells scattered you mean in the next version or in the current?
Cuz I am stuck at 98 so I thought I missed 2.. But if there's more in this version I will go do another round

I'd recommend checking the 100% guide to see where to find them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zumi said:

I'd recommend checking the 100% guide to see where to find them.

Can't believe it..
I was missing one in Route 11 and one inside Crawli's Gym..
Oh well, got myself a nice Zyagrd ❤️
Still wish all legendary pokemons came with all 31IVs tho'.. Had to reset a lot to get him with the IVs I wanted..

Edited by MhicKy

The purpose of MC's destiny is to restore the Aevium Region back to the former shape by fusing island related to Aevium Region. It will maybe be explained by Puppet Master. Remember the explenation what happened to the past and how the region has been seperated into the islands. Is that it or nothing's gonna happen?