V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

Just putting down which legendaries / Ultra Beasts some characters have and/or may have. Also putting down characters that used to have the legendaries or are them.

Spoiler

Aevis/Aevia/Axel/Ariana/Alain/Aero - Zygarde

Melia - (Either Arceus due to her powers or Xerneas due to the icon for the game)

Madame X/Melanie - Yveltal

Spacea - Palkia

Tiempia - Dialga

Griselda/Geara - Giratina

Vivian(From Paper Mario:Thousand Year Door)/Aelita - Regirock

Hazuki - Registeel

Anju (Angie)/Indriad*Sitrus*Vitus Theolia (maybe since that one cutscene in the Tower of Theolia with him and Anju fusing somehow?) - Regice

Karen - Diancie

Keta/Medeils/Cresent(Dahlia) - Mewtwo

Anastasia(Nastasia) - Swiggles Deoxys

Cera - Groundon

(I don't know whether this should count or not, but I am going to do it anyways) Dimensional Rifts [Code: Statia] - Volcanion

Damian - Latios

April/Krystal/Alexadra - Latias

Freya - Naganadel

Kieran a.k.a The Silver Surfer who isn't really silver but has a smooth sounding voice according to Riena - Xurkitree

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, enderowl said:

Just putting down which legendaries / Ultra Beasts some characters have and/or may have. Also putting down characters that used to have the legendaries or are them.

Hide contents

Melia - (Either Arceus due to her powers or Xerneas due to the icon for the game)

Spacea - Palkia

Tiempia - Dialga

Hazuki - Registeel

Anju (Angie)/Indriad*Sitrus*Vitus Theolia (maybe since that one cutscene in the Tower of Theolia with him and Anju fusing somehow?) - Regice

Karen - Diancie

Cera - Groundon

(I don't know whether this should count or not, but I am going to do it anyways) Dimensional Rifts [Code: Statia] - Volcanion

Damian - Latios

Adam "Intense Mode Only" - Terrakion

Florin "Intense Mode Only for Version 10 (Haven't played on intense mode, so I don't know if this is true or not) - Shaymin

It is for V10 only. Could try testing in V11, but no more downloads for that exist.

I do like the theory that Crescent is part of the Elite 8. I think it will sort of work like in Insurgence: not based on types but on strategies (maybe on specific field effects that you don't otherwise see).

Besides that we know Karen, Tesla and Jolene. I keep on thinking that Rorrim B could also be part of the Elite 8.

There's also a thread somewhere on this forum where Jan explains how the Elite 8 works: four of them know where the League is located, and the other four actually live there. So four of them are like 'gatekeepers'. Karen is probably one of those.

Well, Karen seems to be a rock monotype already, and Tesla uses both a Charizard and a Talonflame, so she could definitely be a fire monotype. Though the Elite 8 being based on meta strategies would be pretty cool. It was fun going through a trick room team and a baton pass team and such.

4 hours ago, enderowl said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spacea - Palkia

Tiempia - Dialga

Hazuki - Registeel

Karen - Diancie

Cera - Groundon

Damian - Latios

Freya - Naganadel

Kieran a.k.a The Silver Surfer who isn't really silver but has a smooth sounding voice according to Riena - Xurkitree

Spoiler

Ren also has a Silvally, as does the player if you finish the River's end sidequest

Also. didn't Cera's Groudon return to the mountain after we battled her?

Just now, ArcaneArceus said:
  Hide contents

Ren also has a Silvally, as does the player if you finish the River's end sidequest

Also. didn't Cera's Groudon return to the mountain after we battled her?

Spoiler

I keep on forgetting that Silvally is a legendary. Thanks for that.

No, Cera keeps the Groundon after the battle in the Mountain.  Even though she doesn't like it and prefers ice type pokemon.

7 minutes ago, enderowl said:

Hide contents

I keep on forgetting that Silvally is a legendary. Thanks for that.

No, Cera keeps the Groundon after the battle in the Mountain.  Even though she doesn't like it and prefers ice type pokemon.

Ah, it's been a while since I played through the game. Maybe I should start up a casual difficulty file just to re-find all these small details that I've forgotten.

Also, as a sort of sidenote, what exactly is happening with Indriad? For someone who is supposed to be a sort of big bad, doing lots of stuff behind the scenes, we never actually directly see him in the present after the stuff with Maria all the way back before you even reached Goldenleaf. It honestly seems a bit... Strange, for him to just disappear from the plot after the cliff hanger with his daughter remembering something and using those weird light powers.

47 minutes ago, tomikson said:

Where was it revealed that the surfer's name was kieran i completed v12 and didnt see it?

His name is Kieran, yes. That was revealed in a v12 flashback when Braixen was the only one left fighting against Freya atop of Eclysia Pyramid.

Here's a vid to do the rest of explaining (lol):

Spoiler

Was there an update earlier today? I saw that the UI changed and the central building of GDC. 

EDIT: Multiple places have changed in GCD. Idk if I'm supposed to progress further in the story or if i'm doing something wrong, but I lost access to the helping Plaza and the balcony in the penthouse we currently live in with the crew. 

8 hours ago, Tikkit said:

Also, as a sort of sidenote, what exactly is happening with Indriad? For someone who is supposed to be a sort of big bad, doing lots of stuff behind the scenes, we never actually directly see him in the present after the stuff with Maria all the way back before you even reached Goldenleaf. It honestly seems a bit... Strange, for him to just disappear from the plot after the cliff hanger with his daughter remembering something and using those weird light powers.

From what it can be inferred, Indriad has fused with Anjou, who he had locked in his backyard, forming the evil Angie. Come to think of it, it could have been that Marianette "killed" or "banished" him and he had to find the nearest living being, i.e. Angie? Considering all that manor thing wasn't in another dimension... 

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Draconis said:

Development's been a little slow lately. Is everything okay over there?

Explained the situation with development specifically in this post on Monday, but to explain it in short as of why stuff is slow, everyone's coping differently in regards to the pandemic and it's affecting development speed. It's not in my place to go into full detail, but please understand that not everyone is in a mentally sound place right now, and the stress surrounding the whole situation at hand is making it hard for people to focus on working on the game for extended periods of time. The mental well-being of the dev members takes priority over working on the game. We're still working on it, it's just... A lot slower than anticipated. None of us expected a pandemic to happen on top of the already delayed-by-gen-8 dev cycle.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2020 at 9:18 PM, Tikkit said:

Oh yeah! Cosmia and her brother did sort of assist Nim, with the flying gym leader at least. Kinda weird, since a help center quest way back on Terajuma hints that they're on team Xen's side, and Nim is working with Crescent, who hates team Xen.

perhaps cresent uses Lorna (Nym) to turn the people that Cosmia and her brother lured out into stone so that they can't catch and use them for whatever reason

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

Explained the situation with development specifically in this post on Monday, but to explain it in short as of why stuff is slow, everyone's coping differently in regards to the pandemic and it's affecting development speed. It's not in my place to go into full detail, but please understand that not everyone is in a mentally sound place right now, and the stress surrounding the whole situation at hand is making it hard for people to focus on working on the game for extended periods of time. The mental well-being of the dev members takes priority over working on the game. We're still working on it, it's just... A lot slower than anticipated. None of us expected a pandemic to happen on top of the already delayed-by-gen-8 dev cycle.

I understand. I was just making sure you guys were okay.