V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

24 minutes ago, Draconis said:

Exactly. I tell you what, when I finally get my mitts on Crescent, imma kick her ass right into [REDACTED]!

into t̵̨̢̢̩͚̺̣͍̻̪̝̻̜̪̯̹̖̮̳̯͈̞̺̄̈́̐̊̐̄̐̂͋̀͑̈͒͊̉͂̌͛͒́͛́͂͘͜͜͝h̵̝̻͓͖̖̭̫͒̀̌̎͐͛̀͂̒̇͐̃̏̀̓͊̈́̈́́͊̓̚e̶̡̨̢͓̖͚͕͔̪̩̖̯̥͖̱͉͒̍͐̉͌͋̀̈́̆̑̍̉͝ ̵̨͈͈̱̩̼̠̞̝̲̹̹̤̜̬̠͉̼̏͛́̇̄v̷̛͎̎̑́̔͂͂͛̕̚̚͝ò̷̡̜̦̠̦͎͕͍̝͉̲̼̣͈͔̞̱̤̗̹̟̭͂͒̆͗̃̐̊̾̒͒̒̚̚͘͜͝į̶̡̫͖̥̘̂͑͌͒̓̂̉d̴̹̖̠͓̻̣̱̲̺̪̺͉̪̿͜ͅͅ

52 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

It's like Crescent is telling some propaganda things.

Given how obsessed, that seems to be the right word here, Crescent seems to be with the player characters as a whole it wouldnt surprise me if she set this up with the intent to swoop in and save the day again like on Valor Mountain. I could just be expecting the worst though. 

Not a big fan of the playable characters, so I decided to do some googling and settle on renaming sprites to repurpose another character as my avatar. i chose ren, but im just wondering: while i like ren's look, something tells me that his "edginess" may be a vital part of his personality/characterization, and he may make less sense as a character if i swap his sprite with say..............the redheaded male mc?

2 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

We know for a fact that that's what she pulled- Nim herself practically admits it herself (albeit through her twisted perspective as the victim of the scheme) to Venam and Aelita (the latter of which was part of the Blacksteeple crew, so Nim definitely knows her) when they tried to explain the truth to her. And this ignoring the scene after our failure on Mt. Valor that shows us the part of the conversation where Crescent renames her. (That's another thing to add to Crescent's list of sins, by the way: stripping away another's identity while they're feeling at their lowest. That's just a dirty play right there)

Let's not forget that Crescent's tried to pull a similar bit of manipulation even closer to home. Remember how she tried to convince us that she saved our lives the first time our Interceptor powers kicked in? Sure, we might know that to be utter hogwash nowadays, between triggering it again in the ruined timeline in V10 and perusing the sunken archives in V12, but there was still a substantial amount of time where her claims appeared to be true. Of course, the biggest reason this bit of propaganda failed is that nobody in what was left of our group trusted her worth a hill of beans to begin with...

4 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

Crescent is another character that conflicts me..
Is she helping? Is she causing trouble? What are her goals FFS..
I bet it's going to be something mind blowing and I hope we discover that in V13..

And yeah, I forgot that Crescent did something to her back in Terajuma, thanks for reminding me.. But still, to change from "You're my best friend, tehee!" to "I will murder you and all you hold dear in the universe" is not a massive 180.. But who knows.. Valarie is still not remembering who she is so some brainwashing might had happened too

Edited by MhicKy

54 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

But who knows.. Valarie is still not remembering who she is so some brainwashing might had happened too

No question about that. Valarie doesn't remember us, quit her Gym Leader office to be a journalist in GDC... Obviously her mind got seriously tampered with. This happens somehow after the gang gets attacked (in Delpha's memory) by the surfers. So we even have suspects! (although, it could have happened before -- Crescent has repeatedly urged a lot of the cast to not intervene, and changing the people's minds fits this).

One weird thing though: why exactly would the gang not similarly alter the Eldest or Aelita?

• Veterans

Nothing major... But Zetta's VS sprite got a lil glow up! Felt it might be good to give his portrait a bit of a cleaning.

Spoiler

Old:                                                                                       New:

UoKN6TO.png                         UGABoVS.png

...Zetta also told me to tell u guys that you should give him your phone. just sayin.

1z4crWN.png

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Nothing major... But Zetta's VS sprite got a lil glow up! Felt it might be good to give his portrait a bit of a cleaning.

Reveal hidden contents

Old:                                                                                       New:

...Zetta also told me to tell u guys that you should give him your phone. just sayin.

1z4crWN.png

ummm no zetta 

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Hide contents

1z4crWN.png

📲 Here ya go Zetta

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Hide contents

1z4crWN.png

Maybe, new one is a bit more intimidating than old one but much cleaner.

This is a hint that Zetta will be important in the next version. That, or it's just touching up on something early on in the game and is completely benign.

Also, on the Crescent discussion... Really though, is her manipulativeness even a surprise anymore? She helped engineer Melia's "death", Ren's joining of team Xen, she tried to push Sharon to her death at her lowest point, completely wiped Nim's personality so that she would want to attack our friends, and I'm certain there's more in store for us. She's been more actively villainous than Madame X, who only ever directly screwed with the cast at Blacksteeple and the Pyramid.

Edited by Tikkit

5 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

This is a hint that Zetta will be important in the next version. That, or it's just touching up on something early on in the game and is completely benign.

Also, on the Crescent discussion... Really though, is her manipulativeness even a surprise anymore? She helped engineer Melia's "death", Ren's joining of team Xen, she tried to push Sharon to her death at her lowest point, completely wiped Nim's personality so that she would want to attack our friends, and I'm certain there's more in store for us. She's been more actively villainous than Madame X, who only ever directly screwed with the cast at Blacksteeple and the Pyramid.

I mean, Zetta still around so probably.. He wasn't killed just "gone" for now
Also they are updating some sprites just because, I mean, earlier Zumi showed the new Keta even tho' he's already gone for a long time but, hey, if we are getting a more polished and beautiful game I ain't complaining.. I saw gameplay of the previous versions and this one looks 10x better and I am glad that they are aiming for greatness 

But about Crescent, all these actions really makes you wonder what her goals are, it's very unclear for now, all we know is that she has a greater goal and the mentality of "the ends justifies the means"..

Edited by MhicKy

• Veterans
37 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

I'm able to confirm that no, this isn't a hint for the upcoming version LMAO... Like I said, it's nothing major! It's mostly just QoL changes that improve the overall quality of the game, even if they're small. In the end, it'll save us work if we make the edits now and not later down the road! I want stuff to look cohesive, hence why I perform regular updates on sprites that start to look outdated compared to newer ones.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kyublivion said:

Given how obsessed, that seems to be the right word here, Crescent seems to be with the player characters as a whole it wouldnt surprise me if she set this up with the intent to swoop in and save the day again like on Valor Mountain. I could just be expecting the worst though. 

Actually, I think that could actually be the case.

Spoiler

Well, i did not ask this question in the Q&A forum, it is about the different timeline you can unlock with the wierd diary. I did not save garbodor and Hippowdon because i did not have the wierd diary at this moment. However, I picked it up after v12 content. Thus, even if i picked the Wierd Diary "too late", will it still have negative impacts on v13 and the completion of the "true ending"? 

Also sorry fro my bad english, i'm not English lol

I also wanted to thank all the devs, Rejuv is by far my favourite Pokemon game, it is just amazing!

6 hours ago, Zumi said:

I'm able to confirm that no, this isn't a hint for the upcoming version LMAO... Like I said, it's nothing major! It's mostly just QoL changes that improve the overall quality of the game, even if they're small. In the end, it'll save us work if we make the edits now and not later down the road! I want stuff to look cohesive, hence why I perform regular updates on sprites that start to look outdated compared to newer ones.

I know, it was mostly a joke. Doubt we'd have much reason to see Zetta in the next update, and its good that older stuff is still receiving polishing.

8 hours ago, Tikkit said:

Crescent being edgy, secretive, manipulative and cruel is indeed well-shown. It doesn’t mean that she’s an antagonist (or villainous) in the grand scheme of things.

In general, I’m wondering if Crescent isn’t working on a level of her own — the “Celine” level (whichever side) which eg Madelis was unaware of. Maybe V13 will shed some light (or maybe it’s delayed, who knows?). 

There’s some sort of not-too-bad explanation for a lot of her actions anyway.

Melia’s faked death: discourage Team Xen from searching further or keeping hope while protecting the Stormchasers.

Ren’s joining the Xens: she gave him a good reason to join Team Xen to be a mole.

Sharon: (very cynical/angry) At least, that would be one less blood stain on your clothes for you to wash — or did you consider extending mercy to any Xen after what happened to your mother?

Nim: okay, I don’t know for that one. 

I also note that Madame X made direct death threats / ordered our deaths each time, while Crescent didn't resort to inflicting physical harm, so I disagree a bit with your ending. 

1 hour ago, Mindlack said:

Crescent being edgy, secretive, manipulative and cruel is indeed well-shown. It doesn’t mean that she’s an antagonist (or villainous) in the grand scheme of things.

In general, I’m wondering if Crescent isn’t working on a level of her own — the “Celine” level (whichever side) which eg Madelis was unaware of. Maybe V13 will shed some light (or maybe it’s delayed, who knows?). 

There’s some sort of not-too-bad explanation for a lot of her actions anyway.

Melia’s faked death: discourage Team Xen from searching further or keeping hope while protecting the Stormchasers.

Ren’s joining the Xens: she gave him a good reason to join Team Xen to be a mole.

Sharon: (very cynical/angry) At least, that would be one less blood stain on your clothes for you to wash — or did you consider extending mercy to any Xen after what happened to your mother?

Nim: okay, I don’t know for that one. 

I also note that Madame X made direct death threats / ordered our deaths each time, while Crescent didn't resort to inflicting physical harm, so I disagree a bit with your ending. 

I concede on the Melia point, since that wasn't really malicious at all. But with Ren, sure she has him act as a mole, but she also made him join a terrorist organization which has an as of yet unknown method of 

Spoiler

Completely wiping you out of existence.

So she pretty much put him in a very precarious position. As for Sharon, she had nothing to do with Blacksteeple, and that would be like getting mad at Tommen, the grunt you meet in those Garufan ruins under Caratos. Anyway, she provides some much needed levity during the otherwise serious encounters with team Xen. And with Nim, even you must admit that there was absolutely no conceivable reason as to why she had to do that to her.

As for the ending point, while Madame X has also made more death threats at us, she also saved our lives once, and an argument may be made that she was an essential part of getting out of the ruined timeline, since without her Melia wouldn't know about the risks or overlapping, or about the Time Gem needed to escape. So while she may have made more direct death threats at us, she has also saved out lives more often.

I wonder how connected she is to those two doppelgängers we see in GDC. I mean they lure people out at night so that person gets stoned by Nim. That says to me that they aren’t all that worried about someone who can turn them into stone whenever she feels like it.

Oh yeah! Cosmia and her brother did sort of assist Nim, with the flying gym leader at least. Kinda weird, since a help center quest way back on Terajuma hints that they're on team Xen's side, and Nim is working with Crescent, who hates team Xen.

They could be Like that surfer dude with the white outfit. Recently him and Frey’s helped MadameX on top of the temple which is weird because the first time we saw that surfer guy, he gave the player a way to get up valor mountain and rescue Nim. On top of the temple it seemed like MadameX was there boss given that they asked for her permission before doing something.

Edited by Bluedude

On 10/18/2019 at 3:41 AM, Jan said:

28c245fe58b6dd6ca7019a3d89449405.png

On 4/8/2020 at 1:04 AM, Tikkit said:

Crescent's Mewtwo because it killed Keta while under the control of Madelis and while a shadow pokemon. 

I actually think that keta is alive because Irvin told us that the soul stone was empty, and in the picture we see keta trapped in a bubble so he is alive. The only question left about him is: how did he survive?

24 minutes ago, Itamar said:

I actually think that keta is alive because Irvin told us that the soul stone was empty, and in the picture we see keta trapped in a bubble so he is alive. The only question left about him is: how did he survive?

Wait, that's Keta? I thought it was Adam!