V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

2 minutes ago, kithas said:

I always think "yeah, I wish main pokémon games are like that" but I also think about how Rejuv or Reborn have been ongoing for several years now and, in Rejuv's case, is not even close to finished. But I always wonder what would these obviously talented creators make, when given a professiona team and freedom. I am grateful with what we have, tho

I can see Ame and Jan hitting up the indie game scene eventually. 

In other topics, how will the dev team nerf Fire for Saki's battle? That stupid fairy tale field. 

I'm not at all convinced, bc not only it doesn't fit Saki (Unless, again, they go for the princess idea, which she could be said to be as the child of a rich and successful famiy) but it was already used by Reborn's steel gym leader

Just now, kithas said:

I'm not at all convinced, bc not only it doesn't fit Saki (Unless, again, they go for the princess idea, which she could be said to be as the child of a rich and successful famiy) but it was already used by Reborn's steel gym leader

Yeah, i was using the fairy field as an example of how low these fields will go to nerf fire when it's in our favor. Like Rejuv used rain in the bug and grass gyms. Cheaters.

• Like 1

And what do we know about Saki's plot? I don't remember if we got any lore about if her and Risa were friends before GDC's arc, but given we know (or at least, suspect) Risa Raider may be Freya (Time traveler woman) that could be something to take into account, already knowing she's in Axis High

3 minutes ago, kithas said:

And what do we know about Saki's plot? I don't remember if we got any lore about if her and Risa were friends before GDC's arc, but given we know (or at least, suspect) Risa Raider may be Freya (Time traveler woman) that could be something to take into account, already knowing she's in Axis High

Rise Raider being Freya? That's something i haven't heard about. Do tell. 

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

Rise Raider being Freya? That's something i haven't heard about. Do tell. 

Well, it's mainly an odd coincidence between the sprites, her point of being the one that single-handedly controls Team Xen in GDC, when we know Cassandra, the mayor, is actually a member of said Team I would say pretended win would work well for Team Xen to establish a covert control over the city. Then we have whatever she was doing around Zone Zero in last version, and most of all, her strange party-themed Jigglypuff with, iirc, the same moveset of the Naganadel owned by Freya, a character we already known to be adept on illusions.

As I said, it's a theory, but I would said a well-funded one.

PS: Sprites! Notice hairstyle similarities and color:

Spoiler

Time Traveler Freya            Risa Rider

trchar124.png.fc275097db0049c5e3a99c3d5574e735.pngtrchar252_1.png.472c270c001b53756369a4d3259aed45.png

I would see interesting Risa/Freya (if they're the same person) manipulating Saki to be in their team, both being brainwashed/with illusions or just talk from the time travelers team.

• Hmm 3

I only really believe the theory because of the Jigglypuff and Nagandel stuff. There's no way that it would just be some coincidence that the pokemon have the exact same stats and moveset. Unless it's a really specific red herring.

1 minute ago, Tikkit said:

I only really believe the theory because of the Jigglypuff and Nagandel stuff. There's no way that it would just be some coincidence that the pokemon have the exact same stats and moveset. Unless it's a really specific red herring.

I agree. If it was only the base stats it might've been coincidence, but even the moveset seems intentional. And this here says that it even has Beast boost scripted as its ability, just not used.

https://pokepast.es/a698b2e0b7ae9557 

But I don't really agree with the sprite stuff, they just happen to have similar hair styles, which is why the bangs look the same. I guess those white points that look like eyes really make them look alike, but are completely different things in my opinion. For Freya, I think it's just the skincolor of her forehead being visible between her bangs, as for Risa, it looks like the reflection of her sunglasses.

Well, one sibling of the dev team has already given us some trouble. And Risa is the sister of game Zumi right? There is more to Risa than meets the eye.

Like i'm expecting some sort of back stab from her, because like she beat Melita in a match. She beat Jan's favorite character in a pokemon fight, that's something alright. 

That's why I consider it a valid theory. There's a lot of things for it to be just a coincidence lol

And we're forgetting that Risa apparently is simultaneously the best student, actress, model, cinema director, fighter against an evil team, great battler, and probably I'm forgetting somethin. So everything adds up to us being against her in this next version

Melita? But yeah, she's definitely gonna do something alright. I wouldn't point to the beating Melia thing as a reason, because I'm certain that was for plot reasons, but the other stuff lines up.

I wonder what her team in the tournament will be, if we do fight her. Will it just be Freya's team but as different pokemon?

Edited by Tikkit

• Veterans
10 minutes ago, MarLhy said:

Hi! I’m a 18 years old girl from Italy. So I’ve not quite understood: Rejuv is cancelled?

Hahaha, sorry if we made you think it was! We were joking earlier in the thread, we're still working on the game 👈😎👈 No worries!

• Like 2

Saki is very different to Titania. They will probably nerf Fire by making it constantly rain during the battle (like the Grass leaders).

It is mentioned when we encountered Saki in that cave that she was visited by a red-haired woman.

Risa and Saki seem like they'll be important in V13. 

Also, as a sidenote, what sidequests do you think will continue/be started next version? I know that Narcissa's sidequest has came to an end, but it seems like Ana's has yet to be finished, and Goomink may lead to something, considering the ending.

8 minutes ago, Cadmium48 said:

So um

Risa's definitely important

She is also one of three people mentioned on the Twitter account, along with Texen offhandedly and Mika

Screenshot_20200403-174316.png

Looking back at these tweets.  Saki is saying the same thing with her hanging out with Risa, with the pictures going from Risa and Saki, to just Saki, and then no picture at all for the last tweet with Risa's name being not there.  It is the most obvious thing that I can say, but the last tweet just creates a sense of dread for me.  I also think that Risa is dead and that Freya is disguising as her for something.

• Like 1

Risa is a celebrity who gets the respect of basically all of GDC, she’s so popular she’s basically allowed to commit crimes there.

As for side quests, I’m fairly sure the Legend of Goomy one was a one-off. Ana’s quest will definitely continue. I’m really looking forward to finding out what her origin story is and how it connects to the Interceptor.

5 minutes ago, Delta3416 said:

Risa is a celebrity who gets the respect of basically all of GDC, she’s so popular she’s basically allowed to commit crimes there.

As for side quests, I’m fairly sure the Legend of Goomy one was a one-off. Ana’s quest will definitely continue. I’m really looking forward to finding out what her origin story is and how it connects to the Interceptor.

Yeah, I'm fairly interested in seeing what's next, considering the fact that now I almost exclusively play as Ana and how close she is to fully regaining her memory. As for Goomy… I don't know, the Goomy kingdom is in the remains of one of the seven kingdoms, so something could happen there.