V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

Well my first guess for the 2 leaders were also cosmia and comet, we still don't know anything about them yet.

I remember some dude around here coming up with another interesting guess, that the 2 leaders will be alice and allen. Alice already created herseld a sabeleye and we know that allen has a alolan ninetales so ofc they need 5 more pokemon but that would fit at least. Also it would make much sense that its a double battle with them.

I can definitly imagine that, what do you think about that?

29 minutes ago, Edo said:

Hide contents

Well, in my opinion his Leader type doesn't have to mean he can only catch that one type. I thought that Latios might've been the one that chose Damien, or something like that. But if it's confirmed that he was just pretending, then forget what I said.

What I don't get though is how was he allowed to keep two leader positions? Or is him being the dragon leader also just theorized by fandom?

Totally forgot about those two impersonators, and can't even remember that sidequest. 😅 Good thing I started replaying to catch up with everything again.

But the theory for those two to be the leaders seems reasonable.

We can take care of Gym Leader later but first, in V13, it's Steel type Gym Leader we're going to face. It might be possible.

16 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

There was a Q&A Thread. It got closed a little over a month after it opened, though I think that was a little later than initially planned. In any case, here's the archive~!

Thanks man.

Spoiler

I think the Starlight Field is a definite possibility.

Saki will probably have either the most difficult battle since Angie, or the easiest in the game I feel. I say the first because She'll have access to pokemon like Mega Metagross, and she'll probably also have a Z-Move, since she's one of the last gym leaders and they need to make it as difficult as possible. I say the latter because the last time we fought her she was a pushover.

With the level cap still being 85, I wonder if the levels of Saki’s Team is similar to Ryland, or if her team still goes up by 5 levels...

Predictions of Ace Metagross’s Level

Casual: 85

Normal: 88

Intense: 93

2 minutes ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

With the level cap still being 85, I wonder if the levels of Saki’s Team is similar to Ryland, or if her team still goes up by 5 levels...

A Metagross 8 levels above the cap would be terrifying.

2 hours ago, Vince&Sylveon said:

It sounds like impossible if her advantageous field is in our way in Normal and Intense mode.

Edited by RoyChaos

53 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

It sounds like impossible if her advantageous field is in our way in Normal and Intense mode.

Of course! And at least one of her pokemon will have a crest that makes the fight even more difficult if you don't know how to work around it. Imagine Ryland's Torterra if you brought an ice type along to fight it levels of difficulty.

Just now, Tikkit said:

Of course! And at least one of her pokemon will have a crest that makes the fight even more difficult if you don't know how to work around it. Imagine Ryland's Torterra if you brought an ice type along to fight it levels of difficulty.

I know that Torterra's weakness and resistances have been swapped due to Torterra Crest.

So Saki is confirmed to have a Duraludon. I think it will be her ace with the Gigantamax implemented as a custom mega.

We will probably fight her on a Factory Field.

On one hand, I'm thinking 'This will be easy, I'll get a Fire type and sweep her', but especially on my Normal mode save, this definitely won't be the case. Each gym leader that was weak to Fire had some kind of defense. With Angie it was the field. With Crawli and Florin it was the constant rain plus having mons that don't even take SE damage. What will Saki do?

Her gym could be in one of two places: Axis High University (which we've never seen the inside of), or the Dreamyard. If the former it would mean that GDC has at least three official gym leaders (not the ones we fought). I feel strongly that some of the screenshots we've been given are of the university.

16 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:
  Hide contents

Damien's been noted to have been pretending to be a Dark Leader in order to keep the position from being filled after the events of Where Love Lies, though I'd admittedly forgotten what his reason for doing so was. In any case, we're fairly certain that we'll be facing him with his "official" Dragon GL role, likely with his latios as his ace (I mean, what does a Dark Leader even need a latios for in the first place?).

The sprite of Nancy's spirit is already used in the game as part of a sidequest, so it seems immensely unlikely that she'd fill in the Fairy GL role either.

The general consensus I've seen as the two Badges will be given out by Cosmo and Cosmia, the folks that were impersonating us and Nancy in the Magnolia Theatre when we first arrived in Grand Dream City. While we don't really know much about them yet (aside from that mandatory scene, the only other time one of the shows up is when Cosmia shows up out of nowhere and abducts Kristilline's Quizmaster right before he can reveal who Madame X is), they do match the missing Badges' color schemes, clearly work as a pair (albeit with a blatantly unhealthy looking relationship), and qualify as people we've already seen. Given that the Q&A revealed that there will be a Version that gives two Badges and a Field Effect that benefits both Fairy and Dark Types introduced shortly before they officially were, it seems pretty reasonable to assume that they'll fill in that slot. Of course, this is all just conjecture at this point...

Spoiler

While Cosmia and Comet are an option for the Dark and Fairy leaders, let's not forget about Alice and Allen, who both have a mon from dark (Alice with Sableye) and fairy (Allen with Alolan Ninetales).

Spoiler

Not gonna lie, I forgot all about the ninetales. His more important battle didn't have any pokemon in it, so I don't think one can be blamed for that blunder. Besides, we do have precedent for Theolias handing out Badges outside of Amanda's League, and Starlight makes more sense for them that the Bewitched Woods (which is what I was referring to earlier, for the record).

About Damian being the Dark-type leader, he was pretending to lure Nim/Lorna to transform him into a statue, as he said in his second appearance at the Hospital of Hope. He's actually the dragon-type leader, having a Mega-Latios as his ace from what I remember. Alexandra will probably be the champion or close to it. And for Alice & Allen, they don't seem to fit into becoming suddenly gym leaders or having pokémon at all besides the unowns or the pokémon fabricated by the unowns. Cosmia & Comet, in the other way...

But, yeah, since we got Saki on real actual Twitter, I guess she's the next one to be defeated!

I don't know about Cosmia and Comet. It's probably likely, but they're also up to some really weird stuff unbecoming of gym leaders, such as impersonating a dead person and straight up kidnapping a guy in a sidequest. Though who knows, Amanda ran the league for a while, and look where that got us.

I mean, our third Badge is from a source that, for all League-based purposes, doesn't even exist. Add in the fact that the 2nd one was given to us after the Gym Leader died, we never actually fought Kreiss, and the Puppet Master probably isn't even on any official roster of any sort, and it becomes pretty clear that a large chunk of our collection really shouldn't count. But with Amanda being AWOL, her mechanical doppleganger kaput, and Jan being a bit busy attending to the fact that his half of town is still being reconstructed, I really don't think the Elites are really gonna care about their legitimacy by the end of the game. Any potentially bizarre circumstances behind the rest of the Badges are basically fair game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Let's not forget Saki's original place (gone to Volta & then to Erick) or Souta being an actual GL. And then, I don't even know what was up with Amanda. Did she exist on the first case and was abducted by the ones that gave us mecha-Amanda? Or was always a force of chaos to de-stabilize the league? And who for? The time travelers? We know it's not Xen or Bladestar. The Storm Chasers? Indriad's faction? 

47 minutes ago, kithas said:

Let's not forget Saki's original place (gone to Volta & then to Erick) or Souta being an actual GL. And then, I don't even know what was up with Amanda. Did she exist on the first case and was abducted by the ones that gave us mecha-Amanda? Or was always a force of chaos to de-stabilize the league? And who for? The time travelers? We know it's not Xen or Bladestar. The Storm Chasers? Indriad's faction? 

Spoiler

I remember from the Q&A that it's confirmed that she was abducted and replaced. The Amanda without hat you see in the 'video' at the beginning when starting your game is the real one, but when you reach Gearen city she is wearing one. So when Amanda appears with the hat it's actually the robot.

Edited by Edo

Ah great thx I got confused in her last scene. 

And wait, according to Twitter, is Saki Ax-crazy now? Could that be the change? We still don't know what made the changes and the blakeorys are still sketchy...