V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

31 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

So that has happened before? At least it's reassuring to see that your savefile can be fine as long as you save in those ares pre-update.. Cuz I already got a full box of (almost) perfect IV pokemons I breed, I would be might upset if I lost them..

yea that's been the way they have done it since i joined back in v9 and likely even before then

1 minute ago, ArcBolt27 said:

yea that's been the way they have done it since i joined back in v9 and likely even before then

Wish it doesn't take long for V13..
But seeing how much work the devs have on their hand with the Gen8 on top of continuing the story and stuff.. Might take a while..
But hey, at least we getting the new pokes there.. Different than SwSd..

8 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Wish it doesn't take long for V13..
But seeing how much work the devs have on their hand with the Gen8 on top of continuing the story and stuff.. Might take a while..
But hey, at least we getting the new pokes there.. Different than SwSd..

yea once the next version gets made known it usually takes about 6 months or so iirc frm the point of reveal to testing at the least

• Sad 1

I'm taking a wild guess but, I think the game might go into beta testing by end of 2020. But, hey, it's all right even if it's longer. The longer we wait, a better, well-tailored game we get. 

My guess is that it'll come around in October. We're almost at the point in the year where progress picks up (though its impact may be a bit hamstringed by the current epidemic), and the Gen. 8 stuff is swiftly reaching its completion- heck, BlueTowel's Alt Forms mod for Reborn is almost done with its Galar Update as well! The tricky part lies in the story stuff, most likely- they've been getting more and more ambitious with how you proceed through the new part of the game with every update lately, after all.

I don't remember if they specified when the third costume option would be added in the Q&A, but if it's in V13 it's bound to slow things down a bit further (they've caused quite a few issues with the protagonists' redesigns in V10, and 7th character was bugging out a bit in V9 as well). Something worth keeping in mind, at least.

Still waiting that long makes me a little sad..

Well, it can't be helped, we ain't talking of a big company like Nintendo here and I agree it's better to just let the dev work on his pace and make sure the game comes out alright instead of rushing it, anyway I still have some stuff to get done in the game aside from breeding some top-notch pokemons so I start the next version with a full on military, heh, maybe I will do that full Normal-Type Team I always wanted now that I found the Eviolite for my Vigoroth or just run around everywhere looking for the last 12 Zygard Cells I am missing, and I am sure there are some secrets I am missing cuz ever since I "finished" the main story I've been finding stuff and just being amazed of how much content this game has.

I also might make a custom trainer sprite for me in-game, tho' I gotta learn that stuff first.. Anyone has a good tutorial or program for pixel art to recommend?

Hi guys! Can I ask you a question? I can’t complete the Narcissa Quest and face Dufaux because I have NO IDEA of where the key of Altair manor is. Can you tell me where is that key? I’ve looked everywhere

12 minutes ago, MarLhy said:

Hi guys! Can I ask you a question? I can’t complete the Narcissa Quest and face Dufaux because I have NO IDEA of where the key of Altair manor is. Can you tell me where is that key? I’ve looked everywhere

This is kinda not the topic for this but, oh well..

Spoiler

You gotta re-do the gym labyrinth, yunno, the one with the ghosts and all, after getting to the end, instead of being teleported to the arena you'll be teleported into a new room, in there follow the Mew and after he shatters a painting(?) just click on it and you'll get the key

6 minutes ago, Zumi said:

We're still working on the game! Even if all the IRL stuff is a bunch of hot garbage that's slowing down progress, the project hasn't come to a total standstill. In fact, Jan is still making slow but steady progress on maps (and some updates), and the balance nerds (aka Azery and Alex) have been helping change the encounter rosters for each location to include Gen 8 mons, as well has started to change up teams for fights. And, I myself spent the past 4 days or so finishing a huge chunk of the work that was on my own to-do list! The last major thing I still have to do is the cover art really, aside from that it's only a handful of minor things, and working on completing all the Gmax form sprites for the gen 8 project. 

It's a lot of busywork, but it's still work that needs to happen nonetheless. I took some time this week to put everything in a row what'll be in V13 in terms of content and... I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but V13 is absolutely fucking huge. It might sound like an exaggeration, but there's just so much LMAO..... I sincerely can't describe it any other way. We've still got a lot of work ahead of us, and trust me when I say that the patience you guys have is very, very much appreciated. We know it's getting close to a year since V12 came out, but development for V13 started late due to us waiting for SwSh to release for the Gen 8 implementation, so everything's just taking a little longer than usual! 

On a final note, we won't go on total radio silence! When the time is right, we'll probably be showing off some more stuff when we've gotten further with development. Or we'll just tease you guys a little bit because it can't be a proper Rejuv dev cycle without the occasional messing around, now can it? 🤭

Once again, thank you all for your patience. We're all doing our best to make the update of the best quality we can get it to be!

Take your time Zumi. We know you, Jan and tge rest of the dev Squad are doing y'all best, just keep up the good work and I'll continue to be HYPE!!! for Version 13

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zumi said:

We're still working on the game! Even if all the IRL stuff is a bunch of hot garbage that's slowing down progress, the project hasn't come to a total standstill. In fact, Jan is still making slow but steady progress on maps (and some updates), and the balance nerds (aka Azery and Alex) have been helping change the encounter rosters for each location to include Gen 8 mons, as well has started to change up teams for fights. And, I myself spent the past 4 days or so finishing a huge chunk of the work that was on my own to-do list! The last major thing I still have to do is the cover art really, aside from that it's only a handful of minor things, and working on completing all the Gmax form sprites for the gen 8 project. 

It's a lot of busywork, but it's still work that needs to happen nonetheless. I took some time this week to put everything in a row what'll be in V13 in terms of content and... I know I probably sound like a broken record at this point, but V13 is absolutely fucking huge. It might sound like an exaggeration, but there's just so much LMAO..... I sincerely can't describe it any other way. We've still got a lot of work ahead of us, and trust me when I say that the patience you guys have is very, very much appreciated. We know it's getting close to a year since V12 came out, but development for V13 started late due to us waiting for SwSh to release for the Gen 8 implementation, so everything's just taking a little longer than usual! 

On a final note, we won't go on total radio silence! When the time is right, we'll probably be showing off some more stuff when we've gotten further with development. Or we'll just tease you guys a little bit because it can't be a proper Rejuv dev cycle without the occasional messing around, now can it? 🤭

Once again, thank you all for your patience. We're all doing our best to make the update of the best quality we can get it to be!

Take all the time you need. All of us here greatly appreciate the effort the devs put into the game, so we're more than willing to wait for V13 no matter how long it takes.

1 hour ago, Edo said:

Freya again... Not sure what to think abouut her just following around Saki like that

k.png.068c5bb0b8f69153a7d384e60db686c3.png

...I'd say that Little Red Hiding Hood here is losing her touch, but I seem to vaguely recall Kenneth catching her unawares once or twice in Where Love Lies there'd better not be any beheeyem shenanigans here... 💢) . Still, that is especially bad roguesmanship on display regardless of how faulty my memory may or may not be.

2 hours ago, DreamChaser60 said:

image.thumb.png.a65afb0b9599ecbb334c5fd8f50b0ba8.pngThings are about to become crazy!! 

Why do I get the feeling that either Freya or Nim/Lorna is following Saki?  The time she posted this was nearing Midnight and she is saying someone is following her around Grand Dream City.  Only person I know of doing that is Nim.

13 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Still waiting that long makes me a little sad..

Well, it can't be helped, we ain't talking of a big company like Nintendo here and I agree it's better to just let the dev work on his pace and make sure the game comes out alright instead of rushing it, anyway I still have some stuff to get done in the game aside from breeding some top-notch pokemons so I start the next version with a full on military, heh, maybe I will do that full Normal-Type Team I always wanted now that I found the Eviolite for my Vigoroth or just run around everywhere looking for the last 12 Zygard Cells I am missing, and I am sure there are some secrets I am missing cuz ever since I "finished" the main story I've been finding stuff and just being amazed of how much content this game has.

I also might make a custom trainer sprite for me in-game, tho' I gotta learn that stuff first.. Anyone has a good tutorial or program for pixel art to recommend?

I use Aseprite for pixel art and stuff, including trainer spritesheets. It's pretty simple yet has a ton of functionality and charm to it   : )

• Like 1

Zumi, buddy
I appreciate you for letting us know but, really, you didn't need to explain yourself about it, it's a free fanmade game, a damn good one, I am glad I found it and will wait as long as it's necessary if it means V13 will come with as much polish as it can!

Just take your time, stay safe from the "Coronous" and drink plenty of water

30 minutes ago, Nene said:

I use Aseprite for pixel art and stuff, including trainer spritesheets. It's pretty simple yet has a ton of functionality and charm to it   : )

Aseprite, huh?
Thanks for the hint! Might download and try it later when I won't be so busy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zumi said:

I ALREADY KNOW! Because when it comes to new Generation Pokemons, that's the reason of why V13 is huge. But it doesn't matter so I will be patient. I don't blame you for that. 😉