V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

Good lord, that Nim fight. Never have I hated trick room with such intensity before. I forgive her for putting us through that, because it's Nim, but still.

Anyway, I hope sidequest boss fights remain somewhat more difficult than main ones. I found Defaux to be the hardest rift prior to the nerf, followed by Chandelure. Though admittedly the second one did come after a fairly challenging fight.

2 minutes ago, AdamAsh123456 said:

So I have a question. Will the ladder that is East Gearen be accessible in v13? 

Now taht's a question I want answered..

Regarding the ladder, we'll just have to wait and see. The Q&A did reveal that it would be accessible eventually, but how soon it'll be was left up in the air.

As for the Tournament... I dunno. The government's been to busy making sure that their leader was still safe in the days following Bladestar's attack to make any official announcements on the matter (as far as we're aware, anyway), so who knows how things are looking from that angle. On the other hand, it's looking increasingly likely that it was the Mysterious Figures that signed us up in the dang thing, and they don't seem like the types to do anything if they don't think it'll go exactly the way they want it to. I highly doubt putting us a "convenient" reason to travel to the Eclysia Pyramid was the only thing they had in mind for that move if I'm correct on this one.

15 minutes ago, AdamAsh123456 said:

So will the mystery egg be able to have galaran darumuaka and will more mons be added to the list?

I highly doubt that more pokemon will be added to the list- the Mystery Egg in both games have maintained a strict 18 option availability list (one for each Type), which doesn't seem like something Jan would be too keen on changing. What the representitives are, however, are guaranteed to see sort of change- Rejuvenation's got mareanie on its Mystery Egg list despite predating Gen. 7, after all.

As for Galarian darumaka specifically... I'd be genuinely surprised if it did get added. Both forms of Galarian darmanitan are notorious for savagely bludgeoning competitive on release, so they're probably going to be deemed too powerful to be given right after the third Gym. Never mind the fact that the current Ice representative is the generally respected sneasel, which I don't see getting dropped anytime soon on its own. Naturally, it's always possible for the Devs to make me eat my words, so we'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, AdamAsh123456 said:

Also will the tournament even be a thing? I really wanna crub stop Risa and her Naganadel so bad.

Yeah I remember the tournament was confirmed to continue. I suspect that we might get the Mega-ring from Amber during or at the end of the tournament.

As for the mistery egg, they could just add one or two gen8 mons to the selection without replacing anything. The mons available are meant to cover all generations and types, so they'd need to have the same typing to replace them.

@Autumn Zephyr I believe the list for Rejuv is already 20 or so long, not 18 anymore, so adding more might not be out of the question

Edited by Edo

If I had to guess for the mystery egg, maybe Toxel or Falinks would work?

As for G-Darumaka it’s the biggest competitive monster since Talonflame. I would probably expect to be available when we get to Neverwinter (possibly this chapter but maybe not).

Edited by Delta3416
more info

7 minutes ago, xiaomaome said:

i am on the fence about this game. i heard its awesome, but i am a very casual player. If i play easy mode, how had is this game's version of easy?

I can't say anything for the overall difficulty as a Reborn-Style player myself, but I do know that you get a slight edge in regards to the Gym Battles. Where the harder two difficulties give every Gym Leader a full six pokemon (with one exception), Casual Mode instead gives you 4 pokemon to beat. There's also apparently some sort of level-down code, so that should help out a little bit as well (there was a bit of trouble back in V10 where it affected a battle it definitely should not have, which is why I know about it). It'll probably still be a little harder than a main series game early on, but it'll be a more lenient way to learn the game's ropes and enjoy the story~!

2 hours ago, xiaomaome said:

i am on the fence about this game. i heard its awesome, but i am a very casual player. If i play easy mode, how had is this game's version of easy?

I would say the difficulty of Casual is somewhere in between the canon games and Insurgence, if you’ve ever played that.

The fact that West Gearen went untouched is a matter of in-universe politics. When the Blakeory's decided to turn all of their focus to GDC, they gave the eastern half to Jan and co. in a surprising act of charity (there's almost certainly far more red tape involved, knowing them, but we probably don't need to be privy to that information), whilst still keeping control of the western half. Since Jan and co. didn't have legal control of the entire city, they weren't able to clean up all of it- and attempting to do so most likely would've been a violation of the agreement. Thus, West Gearen continues to be the Dark City while East Gearen has been rejuvenated.

8 minutes ago, AdamAsh123456 said:

Will the nature mints be a thing?

I personally doubt it, seeing as we have an NPC whose sole purpose is to do their job already, and he strikes as someone who could be quite relevant should something big happen in the Reject District from a story perspective to boot. It's ultimately up to the Devs., though, so who knows?

2 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I personally doubt it, seeing as we have an NPC whose sole purpose is to do their job already, and he strikes as someone who could be quite relevant should something big happen in the Reject District from a story perspective to boot. It's ultimately up to the Devs., though, so who knows?

Breeding in this game is so easy and I love it!
Specially remembering the Ability Capsules just being sold in the GDC Store, all I need is good IVs

Spoiler

Tho' I still remember how upset I was when I used Melia/Ren/Aelita's Pokemons and they all have perfect IVs and held items I current have no access to.. I almost had a fit of rage when you take control of Adam and he has a mega Aerodactyl.. Like.. WTF Jan?! You have the mechanics and items necessary in game but not the Mega Ring/Z Ring for the player to obtain.. 

But I think the mints ~might~ be a thing, you just gonna have to grind a bunch of Stamps to get to the higher floors that aren't yet available.

Technically we get the ring next version, so it seems a bit late to be mad about it now. Anyway, maybe Jan was afraid of someone using Debug mode to give themselves rift matter to give themselves a powerful rift pokemon. Or, he just didn't want us to have access to Mega pokemon earlier on, since we technically obtain our first mega stones before we fight Erick.

2 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

Technically we get the ring next version, so it seems a bit late to be mad about it now. Anyway, maybe Jan was afraid of someone using Debug mode to give themselves rift matter to give themselves a powerful rift pokemon. Or, he just didn't want us to have access to Mega pokemon earlier on, since we technically obtain our first mega stones before we fight Erick.

Man imagine using Rift Ferrothorn/ Gardevoir, you basically say "I win" to your opponent

1 hour ago, MarLhy said:

I’m REALLY afraid that with Galar Update my precious savefile will not be accessible anymore...

unless stated otherwise by the devs your save should be unharmed, at best you will simply need to save in an unaltered area i.e a pokemon center much like with previous versions

2 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

unless stated otherwise by the devs your save should be unharmed, at best you will simply need to save in an unaltered area i.e a pokemon center much like with previous versions

So that has happened before? At least it's reassuring to see that your savefile can be fine as long as you save in those ares pre-update.. Cuz I already got a full box of (almost) perfect IV pokemons I breed, I would be might upset if I lost them..