V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

The thing I want to know about is the location of where the protagonist and Keta are.  Only thing I remember having that color scheme was the pyramid, the underwater buildings, and the obelisk that is near Sashilla Village/the place where Nymiera and the protagonist will meet again (According to Nymeria herself when she and the rest of the Protectors of Aevium went into that room that was sealed off before the Rift Gardevoir Fight).

Crescent is definitely an antagonist, but whether she's a villain remains to be determined. Another interesting thing that I found while exploring debug mode and warping between maps is, that during a flashback, Crescent tries to save Saki, Valerie, Braixen, Adam, and possibly Aelita and the Eldest from Kieran and Freya. I also learned that Crescent has a history of interfering with those two and Crescent is also known as Dahlia.

Crescent does act seemingly selflessly during that scene, but Freya brings out her Beheeyem, says that she had been preparing it for "this moment", and proceeds to do something. That could be what seems to cause a big shift, as that flashback seems to happen during the Valor Mountain events. Crescent could have been honestly helping Melia and co. before Valor Mountain, but been brainwashed/trapped in an illusion by Freya and become the antagonist we see during the Terrial arcs.

She's also in Nightmare City talking about how there's not much time left and something is coming soon. What that means could range from the MC beating the Puppet Master to Xenpurgis.

I hope Cosmia and Comet come up again in the story soon. They aren't really addressed beyond a small bit with helping Crescent and impersonating the MC and their mother.

1 hour ago, Itamar said:

I actually think that keta is alive because Irvin told us that the soul stone was empty, and in the picture we see keta trapped in a bubble so he is alive. The only question left about him is: how did he survive?

The soul stone was empty when we were trying to find not-dead Melia, for obvious reasons, but as of chapter 14, it has "a mystical presence inside". I would assume that it's Anathea from the past, as she did appear to us in spirit form one time in the past. Keta is also decidedly dead dead. We saw his body during the Caratos events, and saw his soul pass after battling him at the end of chapter 2. Keta appearing in v13 is probably going to be in a different world/timeline/whatever.

• Upvote 1

I don't know, that scene happens after Valor Mountain, as the group is all on Terrial and not Terejuma. Which means that most of her definitely evil actions still were entirely her, and not Beheeyem. Anyway, Freya supposedly kills Crescent, though that's clearly wrong judging by the aforementioned Crescent in Nightmare City.

While I wait for V13 I am just here, breeding an small army of perfect IV pokemons so when the next chapter starts I will have everything covered

B.jpg.b6119555229bad465308ba9a306fda83.jpg

And I suggest you guys do the same, that next chapter looks EXTRA THICC!!

45 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

Crecent and her virgin Gothitelle, not Freya and her chad Beheeyem.

The Beheeeyem Crest is a little too OP in my opinion..
It's a Psychic Type that is quite tanky and does A LOT of damage..

4 hours ago, enderowl said:

The thing I want to know about is the location of where the protagonist and Keta are.  Only thing I remember having that color scheme was the pyramid, the underwater buildings, and the obelisk that is near Sashilla Village/the place where Nymiera and the protagonist will meet again (According to Nymeria herself when she and the rest of the Protectors of Aevium went into that room that was sealed off before the Rift Gardevoir Fight).

It kinda looks like it could be the Xen HQ near the pyramid. The obelisk and those underwater buildings all have the same futuristic design and architecture as the pyramid. Why would Keta's body be in such a location? Madelis was the last one confirmed to see him, so Team Xen is most likely to be in possession of his body.

And he could be both dead or alive. The part of his soul residing in Amethyst grotto ascended and the statue appeared in the grotto.

Spoiler

Iirc, in WWL they say they need 5 sacrifices for the Last Ditch project (was that the name?)

So his statue appearing there indicates that he really might be dead, and what we see on the picture is his corpse, possibly used for experiments to turn him into some kinda doll.

On the other hand, he lived for years separated from that part of his soul, so it might be possible for him to be unaffected by the spiritual part's ascension. So as punishment for his betrayal, Madelis, or perhaps even Nastasia, locked him up there. I think this option is more likely than the former.

Well, after WWL, I just want him to clear up the misunderstandings with Tesla, Aelita and Taelia so he doesn't have to be so bitter anymore and become happy 😅

Edited by Edo

5 hours ago, Itamar said:

I actually think that keta is alive because Irvin told us that the soul stone was empty, and in the picture we see keta trapped in a bubble so he is alive. The only question left about him is: how did he survive?

I think that's kanon though.

20 minutes ago, Yahiro said:

I think that's kanon though.

No it isn't, the clothes and hair are identical to Keta so it must be him, no doubts about it, besides we never ~actually~ saw Keta dying it was ~implied~ he was killed by Mewtwo but we never saw any bodies soooo.. Maybe Madelis lied about killing him just to anger Aelita and actually just captured him.. Who knows.. Either way it's weird to see Keta there..

For the Crescent theme, I think it's eel stablished that she has an obsession with the Mc/Interceptor and a l o t of her shadowy acts kind of become clear in that light:

She passes Melia for dead not for herself but for the Storm Chasers group, who wanted to recruit her. One could say that she didn't want Xen to suspect Melia escaped, with would make them suspect us. Same with Ren as a mole, she don't mind using people to gain an upper hand at her enemy, after all if they're defeated, the MC won't have to keep battling. 

She didn't tru to kill Sharon specifically but just what seemed to be a nameless Xen Grunt, who was our enemy (and actually did just battle the interceptor). 

As someone did say before in the thread, she may not even have saved us (our own power as the Interceptor may have dine the trick) but she took the chance to tell us to go love a life far from the plot anyways. 

And, finally, Nim stuff would also work in that favor: she would make the plot more difficult, take our friends away and isolate if that's what will take for us to stop messing with the plot.

Is she truly worried about the Main Character, or only wants to avoid the Interceptor messing with all the stuff that's going on? Nobody knows yet, but going by her dialogue lines in Nightmare City, we could as well have took that pleasure boat to Hoenn long ago. 

• Upvote 1

I wanted to open a discussion here about the places we still have to visit because they’re not accessible yet.

-Reldin Island (the volcano near Zone Zero where Rejuvenation Inc once was) 

-The cavern in Sashila (Sashila Trial)

-The gate in east Gearen City where the ladder is

-Neverwinter region, the only one left to explore (it’s where Blacksteeple is, But after the story we can’t go back there because it’s in Neverwinter) I believe the region will be accessible via the ship in route 10. Kreiss lives in a town there

-Axis High University (interior) 

- “Sewers” in Grand Dream City

-Obviously the league (I think it’s in Neverwinter)

If you know more let me know

Edited by MarLhy

The volcano island is the one Team Xen HQ is in, so probably in the final act agoainst them we'll conquer it or something. The gate in Gearen seems to lead to a sidequest, and the Axis High interior I think is the one we'll see more from in v13. The Dreamyard is the place west to the Darchlight forest!

Edit: We also don't know what's behind that door around River's end (Where Venam's father is with Type:Null's quest) or west to the entrance to the power plant in west gearen!

This entire thread turned is now Crescent Themed..
I don't like her.. I don't trust her.. Maybe she is the MC father, who knows?! If we gonna delve into Crescent Madness!!!

• Haha 3

What I am also interested in is how the devs feel when they read through all this theory-crafting. 

How do they refrain from wanting to answer, to talk about their design, how they see their characters?

1 minute ago, Mindlack said:

What I am also interested in is how the devs feel when they read through all this theory-crafting. 

How do they refrain from wanting to answer, to talk about their design, how they see their characters?

I am sure they are adoring the fact people are THAT interested in their story at the point we are creating these theories and shit 
BUT, at the same time, must be really painful to just stay quiet and not join in, at least that's how I would feel if someone was interested in a story I am creating but can't spoil for anyone yet

I'm just holding out for the hope that v13 will finally be the update where Truckguy becomes a romance option

Oh, and this a suuuuper minor thing, but also hoping for the field to be changed for some of the later-game audino trainers. Secret power putting you to sleep 30% (?) of the time can be quite tedious when you're trying to do a 1-85 grind.