V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

2 hours ago, Zumi said:

Aaaaand.... Here's batch 2 of the character art!

Like I said previously, I had the sketches all ready to go, so I figured I'd just go ahead and finish the rest today. Here's the Blacksteeple Castle arc crew, featuring Valarie, Saki, Adam, Nancy, Neved and finally, Madame X!

EcTyURl.pngdZfHNOL.png069cwbn.pngjzk0dv6.png

uyCHmtB.pngP1KUy1n.png

Oh, and if the art seems a little out of proportion it's because all the resized versions are at 800px height. You can find a link to the proper full resolution artwork in the official art thread as per usual, along with icons of the characters!

The art looks incredible as always; my favorite from this batch would have to be Valarie as it does a good job of expressing her personality.

2 hours ago, Zumi said:

Like I said previously, I had the sketches all ready to go, so I figured I'd just go ahead and finish the rest today. Here's the Blacksteeple Castle arc crew, featuring Valarie, Saki, Adam, Nancy, Neved and finally, Madame X!

uyCHmtB.pngP1KUy1n.png

Oh, and if the art seems a little out of proportion it's because all the resized versions are at 800px height. You can find a link to the proper full resolution artwork in the official art thread as per usual, along with icons of the characters!

Nancy seems like she'll be all smiles and then when the journey's ended and she's alone at home she'll drink straight from the bottle to forget. 

And Neved is too cool for being such an uncool character (?) almost as cool as Madame X, tho

Saki's, well considering what's going on with her Twitter, pretty much fine (?) 

12 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

Oh my god I just noticed that Neved has two different colored eyes,

How far are you in the game?
There is a part related to "a certain hospital" that this is brought up

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

uyCHmtB.pngP1KUy1n.png

OHH so that's what Adam's looks like, i always picture it as much more muscular type but he's surprisingly thinner than i though , well now i can sleep in peace

2 hours ago, fellowry said:

OHH so that's what Adam's looks like, i always picture it as much more muscular type but he's surprisingly thinner than i though , well now i can sleep in peace

Adam looks hot
Yeah I said it!

• Veterans
44 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

It's interesting that Nancy's outfit is different from her sprite. And that it looks like a labcoat.... HMMMMMMMMM

Her sprite gets an update in V13 to make her design a little bit more unique, it's not that big of a deal really LMAO

11 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Her sprite gets an update in V13 to make her design a little bit more unique, it's not that big of a deal really LMAO

Awww, i was going to draw a connection between that lady in the flashback and Nancy. XD

Oh man, i guess Saki gets a new look to make her glitchy then. She's M3G4 Saki now.

Either way, nice art. Hope to see official Crescent and Nim soon.  But no pressure. 

• Haha 1

• Veterans
20 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Awww, i was going to draw a connection between that lady in the flashback and Nancy. XD

Oh man, i guess Saki gets a new look to make her glitchy then. She's M3G4 Saki now.

Either way, nice art. Hope to see official Crescent and Nim soon.  But no pressure. 

Nim already has art! Hers is listed on the official art thread. Crescent I have planned for the Terajuma arc, which is up next. 

The next characters you can expect art for are Melia (2nd appearance), Crawli, Rorim B (who is FINALLY getting a definitive design in V13), Amber, Tesla, Angie and Crescent, and MAYBE Cera since she plays a relatively important part during that game despite only appearing twice... But honestly that's if I feel like it LOL

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zumi said:

The next characters you can expect art for are Melia (2nd appearance), Crawli, Rorim B (who is FINALLY getting a definitive design in V13), Amber, Tesla, Angie and Crescent, and MAYBE Cera since she plays a relatively important part during that game despite only appearing twice... But honestly that's if I feel like it LOL

No need to rush yourself; we're all extremely grateful to you for putting in the effort to create such wonderful artwork. That said, I will be eagerly looking forward to the second piece on Melia, which is to be expected when you take my alias into consideration. 😊

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Fangame Connoisseur said:

No need to rush yourself; we're all extremely grateful to you for putting in the effort to create such wonderful artwork. That said, I will be eagerly looking forward to the second piece on Melia, which is to be expected when you take my alias into consideration. 😊

Agreed, these are some messed up times, i think most of us understand that V13 and Ep 19 are going to take a WHILE. That said, these art pieces and Saki's twitter is keeping us satiated, and are very much appreciated. Can't wait to see Crescent. Like i'm genuinely curious what age group she's in for one, like we all thought Karen was Tesla's age but her mugshot proved us wrong.

13 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Nim already has art! Hers is listed on the official art thread. Crescent I have planned for the Terajuma arc, which is up next. 

Oh man, between the new wild area and redesigns, i now have an excuse to replay V13. 

Speaking of Cera, she still has that Groudon right? What rigged field will Angie and Cera have for their legendaries? HA!

12 hours ago, Zumi said:

uyCHmtB.pngP1KUy1n.png

Oh god!!! I think i fell in love of your art.

Such a great job, perfect for an anime.

• Like 1

I wish I could draw as well as Zumi.. But I only know how to draw Mawiles..
I suck at doing hands while Zumi has this simple yet alluring design that just feels.. Comfy and right

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I wish I could draw as well as Zumi.. But I only know how to draw Mawiles..
I suck at doing hands while Zumi has this simple yet alluring design that just feels.. Comfy and right

I wish i could draw at all. XD

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Zumi said:

uyCHmtB.pngP1KUy1n.png

*sees Nancy*

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Kaarle said:

unknown.png?width=960&height=254

Can we get some art of our true love Truck Guy?

I have a question. When did this quote exactly happened, because I have never seen it and your in Goldenleaf when you took the picture, how come I have missed it?

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Wolf5002 said:

I have a question. When did this quote exactly happened, because I have never seen it and your in Goldenleaf when you took the picture, how come I have missed it?

It's an edited event LOL, it doesn't actually happen in the game

• Veterans
16 minutes ago, Grace Fair said:

@ZumiAre we gonna get artwork of the GDC versions of Adam and Val too? 

Yes! They're scheduled for later.

8 minutes ago, Gen5Lover said:

Also is there a version of full Saki without the glitching?

What glitching? 🤔

• Hmm 1

13 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Yes! They're scheduled for later.

What glitching? 🤔

The glitching on Madam X of course, i thought her sword was supposed to be a katana. Because we all feel the weeb energy from her. I mean she's gotta have a hobby in between trying to conquer the world, i bet she uses the time diamond to watch Anime she missed.