V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Not stressed, it's just really annoying when he's done this four times now and ignored my previous statement towards him lol.

That being said, a request from us to everyone in the thread; as much as we like seeing your theorycrafting and speculation, do you guys mind moving those discussions to separate threads? The important updates keep getting buried under a lot of discussion that could easily go into its own topic, so it'd be appreciated if you could move them to new threads!

Sure, though like sometimes when chatting with other forum members topics can go off topic. I just like talking to people. But yeah i understand recommending Pokemon Insurgence and musing about Genesect can derail a bit. 

Gen 8 updates are hype though, i can't wait to teach my TOTALLY NOT MODDED IN HYDREIGON nasty plot. Though now my poor TOTALLY NOT MODDED IN MIMIKYU is nerfed now. 

Yep, legally acquired pokemon, nothing to see here dev team.

Speaking off, i guess Toxitricity will be Venam's new signature, not Seviper? Venam had like a small scene with Seviper in GDC, i guess Toxitricity will replace him. 

9 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Even in a game as demanding as Rejuvenation, we still feel that attachment to our starter. Whether it's a broken Blaziken, or a horribly outclassed Charizard.

I would chose Blaziken in Rejuvenation but I already have Blaziken in Reborn so I prefer choosing Cinderace in Rejuvenation.

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Oh, for sure! This'll be my umpteenth time playing through the game (I honestly lost count how many times I've gone through the game by now LOL), but it's a necessary thing due to both QoL changes to past areas being in need of testing, balancing of the major fights and generally wanting to have some gen 8 mons on my team throughout the game to see how they fare in the game. 

I hope I don't get stuck by new changes when I'm going to play V13. I don't know where to go and I almost get stuck about continuing the story because of these differences between old version and new version who are at 100%. I might need someone doing a walkthrough in this game when released.

• Developers
30 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

I hope I don't get stuck by new changes when I'm going to play V13. I don't know where to go and I almost get stuck about continuing the story because of these differences between old version and new version who are at 100%. I might need someone doing a walkthrough in this game when released.

If you follow the instructions (I always give on the release thread) you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mysticalsceptile said:

i kind fricked up. i was trying to use 3d sprites for the game and everything seemed to wrkout. but the pokemon (3d) apperas out of position and 10 images instead of one. anyone know the lisnks to the original sprites.

You have a zipped file of the game folder saved, don't you? Just extract the game again.

Although this thread has absolutely nothing to do with modding the game so for next time, you should probably make your own thread.

Honestly, even if Cera abandoned the Groudon I wouldn't have been too concerned. She only caught it because she felt the need to make sure that the sacrifice of those two maids that followed her wasn't in vain. At least that's what I got out of that scene, considering how much she despised the Groudon.

• Developers
6 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Sure, though like sometimes when chatting with other forum members topics can go off topic. I just like talking to people. But yeah i understand recommending Pokemon Insurgence and musing about Genesect can derail a bit. 

Gen 8 updates are hype though, i can't wait to teach my TOTALLY NOT MODDED IN HYDREIGON nasty plot. Though now my poor TOTALLY NOT MODDED IN MIMIKYU is nerfed now. 

Speaking off, i guess Toxitricity will be Venam's new signature, not Seviper? Venam had like a small scene with Seviper in GDC, i guess Toxitricity will replace him. 

While Toxtricity is perfect for Venam theme wise, I think Seviper captures Venam's personality more. Besides, it's just too iconic at this point haha. For me at least.

• Like 2

Welp.. Guess I will be restarting as well!
I agree with Toxtricity being perfect for Venam but yeah.. I don't want her to abandon her lil Seviper, besides they have history together too, it would be weird to cut the lil' guy off

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jan said:

While Toxtricity is perfect for Venam theme wise, I think Seviper captures Venam's personality more. Besides, it's just too iconic at this point haha. For me at least.

Yeah, Venam has like those Seviper props in her Gym so gotta keep the brand. 

Though i'm confused by that statement, what part of Seviper captures Venam's personality? Venam ain't very sneaky or anything like a snake, and is quite loyal despite having a lot of bad ideas and being selfish. Though her plan to TP Blakeory's house and Vitus's reaction will never stop making me laugh. I guess she sort of has a rivalry with Kanon who kinda looks like a Zangoose for Melia's love but like that fades away. Maybe there's stealing the Charizard and pretending to die to get free berries.

Toxtricity, is called aggressive and short tempered, fits Venam, but i understand the attachment though, like Seviper's been Venam's ace for years in real time.

But speaking of Pokemon, i like that Melia has a Hydreigon. Caught me by surprise during that little surfer battle. I'm actually having art commissioned of the Pyramid scene with a hallucinating Axel with his Hydreigon fighting Melia and her Unity. Expect to see it soon at the fan art thread, though it's going to take quite some time since you know, pandemic and all. 

Here is a new conspiracy theory.

What if Blacksteeple castle, that was used as a prison, is Vitus's (Or whomever they are called now) castle and the one that has a barrier around it is Nymeria's castle? 

18 hours ago, Magus543 said:

why not both?

2 hours ago, Tikkit said:

I don't know, one of Anathea's books is there, which sorta goes against that. After all, Vitus calmed down and became a normal, functioning member of society after meeting her.

What's curious is that it mentions that it's about dealing with domestic abuse, for all of Vitus's faults, he doesn't seem to be the abusive type to Anathea and she never mentions anything about abuse. Which makes me suspect dimensional shenanigans are in play.

10 hours ago, enderowl said:

Here is a new conspiracy theory.

What if Blacksteeple castle, that was used as a prison, is Vitus's (Or whomever they are called now) castle and the one that has a barrier around it is Nymeria's castle? 

Well in the Bad future, Madam X states that the castle used to belong to Nymiera and then Team Xen took it over. Not sure how accurate it is because Melia interrupted her. 

1 hour ago, blastcore1 said:

why not both?

Yeah, i imagine Toxictricty and Seviper will be on Venam's team come this patch.

But the real question is, since we know Saki has a duraldon from her twitter account, will it replace her Metagross as her ace? Because you know, there was like a scene in Amber's forced battle where Metagross used earthquake recklessly. 

28 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

What's curious is that it mentions that it's about dealing with domestic abuse, for all of Vitus's faults, he doesn't seem to be the abusive type to Anathea and she never mentions anything about abuse. Which makes me suspect dimensional shenanigans are in play.

Well in the Bad future, Madam X states that the castle used to belong to Nymiera and then Team Xen took it over. Not sure how accurate it is because Melia interrupted her. 

Yeah, i imagine Toxictricty and Seviper will be on Venam's team come this patch.

But the real question is, since we know Saki has a duraldon from her twitter account, will it replace her Metagross as her ace? Because you know, there was like a scene in Amber's forced battle where Metagross used earthquake recklessly. 

I don't know, it will probably be a sort of second ace, of sorts? Like how Angie's Walrein is a second ace to Angie's Regice. And maybe Gardevoir was the one doing the domestic abuse, if not an alternate dimension shenanigan thing like you suggested.

2 minutes ago, Tikkit said:

I don't know, it will probably be a sort of second ace, of sorts? Like how Angie's Walrein is a second ace to Angie's Regice. And maybe Gardevoir was the one doing the domestic abuse, if not an alternate dimension shenanigan thing like you suggested.

I didn't consider Gardevoir being the one to abuse Anathea, an interesting thought, given domestic abuse does fall under co-habitation.

Regice is isn't technically Angie's ace in gameplay terms because she doesn't use it for her team though. Sure it's her strongest, but that's like saying Kyurem is Ghetsis's ace when it's Hydreigon who's the strongest on his team.  

On 4/19/2020 at 4:35 AM, Jan said:

While Toxtricity is perfect for Venam theme wise, I think Seviper captures Venam's personality more. Besides, it's just too iconic at this point haha. For me at least.

everyone has acces to the storage system right 😁

making team changes could be a cool thing seeing them have different pokemon they caught along the way just like melia😀

I am set in re-doing my save file in Intense as soon as gen8 shows up
Finally gonna pick up Scorbunny as my starter