V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, RoyChaos said:

Let's change the idea. Do you know what is Angie planning to do? Maybe she tries to freeze another city with her Regice or she seeks revenge against MC.

She's probably trying to stop me from making Mac'n'Cheese by freezing it, the damn b***h!!

9 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

She's probably trying to stop me from making Mac'n'Cheese by freezing it, the damn b***h!!

Angie: At last, the world finally know Arceus's cold unending truth!! For all faithful followers of Arceus, let there be light!!!!

Cera: Milady, this is a glorious paradise you have created, but how are we going to eat? 4 maids just starved to death, and i'm only alive because i packed some preserved meat. I'm sorry to report we are out.

Angie: Don't worry, we have Groudon, he will make as much land as we want so we may grow food. 

Cera: But-

Angie: SSSHHHHH Cera, what's that you hear? That's the sound of a Groudon that doesn't exist, BECAUSE YOU THREW IT AWAY!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

Angie: At last, the world finally know Arceus's cold unending truth!! For all faithful followers of Arceus, let there be light!!!!

Cera: Milady, this is a glorious paradise you have created, but how are we going to eat? 4 maids just starved to death, and i'm only alive because i packed some preserved meat. I'm sorry to report we are out.

Angie: Don't worry, we have Groudon, he will make as much land as we want so we may grow food. 

Cera: But-

Angie: SSSHHHHH Cera, what's that you hear? That's the sound of a Groudon that doesn't exist, BECAUSE YOU THREW IT AWAY!!!!

[Muffled Sounds in the Distance]
Ace (My MC): I AM MAKING MAC'N'CHEESE AND NONE OF YOU B***OS ARE GONNA STOP ME!!

Angie: ..Dafuq is he doing..?

Cera: I believe he said "Mac'n'Cheese", my lady

Angie: Cera, I SWEAR TO ARCEUS I AM GONNA-

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

[Muffled Sounds in the Distance]
Ace (My MC): I AM MAKING MAC'N'CHEESE AND NONE OF YOU B***OS ARE GONNA STOP ME!!

Angie: ..Dafuq is he doing..?

Cera: I believe he said "Mac'n'Cheese", my lady

Angie: Cera, I SWEAR TO ARCEUS I AM GONNA-

Melia: Don't swear to Arceus, swear to me. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, !!yxnT said:

Are there usually a lot of changes to old content in new versions of this game? Like enough to make it worth waiting until its release to start a new save file? 

From my experience, usually replaying the game on a new version is worth it, there are certain elements improved like graphics, pokemon, gym teams, and plot details that change.

Like i started on this game at V10, but when i replayed the game for V11 and V12, i was pleasantly surprised at how the plot changed, like instead of soloing Shadow Mewtwo, we team up with Kenneth, or Melia's team on Valor is MUCH more powerful, or how the Oceania was changed to a Xen Battleship when escaping Black Steeple. 

And with the additions like the wild area esque location, i feel it's going to be worth replaying just to see how different the Nim chase will be. Though replaying this game is quite time consuming so be ready to make that investment.   

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

From my experience, usually replaying the game on a new version is worth it, there are certain elements improved like graphics, pokemon, gym teams, and plot details that change.

Like i started on this game at V10, but when i replayed the game for V11 and V12, i was pleasantly surprised at how the plot changed, like instead of soloing Shadow Mewtwo, we team up with Kenneth, or Melia's team on Valor is MUCH more powerful, or how the Oceania was changed to a Xen Battleship when escaping Black Steeple. 

And with the additions like the wild area esque location, i feel it's going to be worth replaying just to see how different the Nim chase will be. Though replaying this game is quite time consuming so be ready to make that investment.   

I don't mind replaying this AT ALL!!
In fact I am hyped for it! I gonna start an entire new game with Scorbunny as my main starter!

Recently I restarted in the Intense Difficulty and I just managed to defeat Angie and, lemme tell ya, Jan really upscalled the Bullshit Meter here by giving her Glaceon Slush Rush.. Like.. Cool.. Her Glaceon is FASTER than my Jolly Nature, 31 Speed IV, 252 Speed EV Lycanroc.. Woo.. Tho' I gotta admit, since I already played this game before and I am just wanting to check the gym leaders new teams and difficulty I am using Debug Mode to get perfect IVs on whatever I capture so I don't waste hours of my life breeding them on the Day-Care which, for me, it's justifiable but once V13 hits I gonna trash this debug mode IN A FLASH!! (Also I doubt it will even work after the update anyways, heh)

I am so EAGER to see the new changes in the early game and the new content! Tho' quite depressed whenever I get here and I see that percentage still stuck on 41%, not gonna lie.. But we gotta have patience! "You can rush art!" - some dude I don't care to google to fact check the quote

15 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I don't mind replaying this AT ALL!!
In fact I am hyped for it! I gonna start an entire new game with Scorbunny as my main starter!

Recently I restarted in the Intense Difficulty and I just managed to defeat Angie and, lemme tell ya, Jan really upscalled the Bullshit Meter here by giving her Glaceon Slush Rush.. Like.. Cool.. Her Glaceon is FASTER than my Jolly Nature, 31 Speed IV, 252 Speed EV Lycanroc.. Woo.. Tho' I gotta admit, since I already played this game before and I am just wanting to check the gym leaders new teams and difficulty I am using Debug Mode to get perfect IVs on whatever I capture so I don't waste hours of my life breeding them on the Day-Care which, for me, it's justifiable but once V13 hits I gonna trash this debug mode IN A FLASH!! (Also I doubt it will even work after the update anyways, heh)

I am so EAGER to see the new changes in the early game and the new content! Tho' quite depressed whenever I get here and I see that percentage still stuck on 41%, not gonna lie.. But we gotta have patience! "You can rush art!" - some dude I don't care to google to fact check the quote

A famous Game dev once said a delayed game is eventually good while a bad game is bad forever. And personally, the wait just makes the game much more enjoyable when it finally arrives.

Speaking of starting with Scorbunny, i gotta say Rejuvenation and Reborn are really good for making you appreciate your favorite pokemon more, like the challenge really lets see just how powerful they are. So i think Scorbunny's power would be much more noticeable in a dozens of hour long game. 

At least there won't be a kid talking about how you mastered type effectiveness.  

15 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

A famous Game dev once said a delayed game is eventually good while a bad game is bad forever. And personally, the wait just makes the game much more enjoyable when it finally arrives.

Speaking of starting with Scorbunny, i gotta say Rejuvenation and Reborn are really good for making you appreciate your favorite pokemon more, like the challenge really lets see just how powerful they are. So i think Scorbunny's power would be much more noticeable in a dozens of hour long game. 

At least there won't be a kid talking about how you mastered type effectiveness.  

I wonder if Jan will place the new changes that came with Gen8 like Mimikyu's Decoy being nerfed

I also wonder if he will touch some stuff, for example, Cinderace's Pyro Ball.. That thing is just MASSIVELY OP for NO REASON.. It has 10 points more damage than Fire Blast (120 vs 110) and better Accuracy (90% vs 85%) with the only difference being it's physical instead of special, Cinderace itself has already one of the strongest abilities, Libero, which is basically Greninja's Protean but different than Greninja, Cinderace is mono-type before attacking meaning that if the opponent manages to be faster the range of super-effective moves are fewer (Water, Ground and Rock) than Greninja's Water/Dark type (Bug, Electric, Fighting, Fairy and Grass), the only thing Greninja has going on is the Battle Bond Ability that makes him stronger but Cinderace has G-Max form so kinda counters it out while still keeping his Libero Ability.

Another thing that makes me curious is how G-Max will work, Jan already said it will be like a Mega Evolution of sorts but differently than Mega Evolution, G-Max don't actually change the Pokemon's type, ability or even base stats, it just makes it big, gives it more HP and allows them to use their special moves so I wonder if Jan will increase it's status like it would happen in a Mega Evolution and tone down their HP to be like them or if he will keep them untoched and being bulky with the special move.

(Also.. I am unaware of this but can you have both a Mega Evolution AND a G-Max Pokemon or only one or the other? Because if you can have one of each this can make things complicated a bit..)

• Global Mods

I'm split as to whether I'm looking forward to G-Max or not. On the one hand, it's nice to help change up battle diversity, but the amount of sweeps I've been given in Online by some ridiculous teams has given me some mild PTSD.

Then again I guess that was no different than Mega Evolution which did the same.

I also want a lot of move tutors and TMs to show up, not having the Protect TM is breaking my being as an avid Double Battler..
Also I wanna make the Contrary Lurantis with Superpower + Leaf Storm, juicy!

• Veterans
30 minutes ago, Trooperk said:

I'm split as to whether I'm looking forward to G-Max or not. On the one hand, it's nice to help change up battle diversity, but the amount of sweeps I've been given in Online by some ridiculous teams has given me some mild PTSD.

Then again I guess that was no different than Mega Evolution which did the same.

Dynamaxing will not be added to the game! This has been confirmed earlier in the thread, instead we're adding the special Gmax mons as custom megas into the game.

• Like 3

• Global Mods
6 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Dynamaxing will not be added to the game! This has been confirmed earlier in the thread, instead we're adding the special Gmax mons as custom megas into the game.

Oh rad! Nice that's a good angle to take. Thanks for the response, friend. I must've missed the post. Apologies.

• Like 1

These teases are killing me!! I can't wait to see the finished result (and I respect the fact that art like this takes time). Even the eyes that you provided are amazing and it goes to show your skill. 

49 minutes ago, Zumi said:

well i GUESS i could post this here too instead of just on discord

unknown.png

more are on the way! gotta do another 4 and then this batch is done too 👀

yeah i'm. totally not putting off other rejuv work because i have brainrot and i decided it's a good idea to do more official art anyways instead of working on the gmax sprites or anything, haha,,

2 hours ago, Zumi said:

unknown.png

yeah i'm. totally not putting off other rejuv work because i have brainrot and i decided it's a good idea to do more official art anyways instead of working on the gmax sprites or anything, haha,,

Vitus and Angie have the same eyebags. How much shit have they seen? XD

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

unknown.png

Will definitely be looking forward to this batch when it gets released; no need to rush though, we're all more than willing to wait patiently.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Zumi said:

unknown.png

You guys sure are selling the idea of restarting the game just to check the "new old stuff" and I am loving it ❤️
Now that RorimB and Crawli got new designs I still wish we could see what Crawli's mom looked like tho'

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

You guys sure are selling the idea of restarting the game just to check the "new old stuff" and I am loving it ❤️
Now that RorimB and Crawli got new designs I still wish we could see what Crawli's mom looked like tho'

You mean Drill Sargent Lady?  

3 hours ago, Magus543 said:

You mean Drill Sargent Lady?  

She isn't exactly his mother tho', she explains that her sister died while giving birth to him and she just took the role, I meant something like the "real" mother
And now that I think of it.. Makes sense why Zumi is changin RorimB's design, Crawli having brown skin while RorimB and his mother are white (If we presume that from the looks of the drill sargent) is quite unusual.

Who knows, maybe Jan is pulling another "Were Love Lies" on us and is creating a backstory of how RorimB meet Crawli's mother, saved his son from the pit he fell and the moment Crawli decided to be a ranger, how crazy would that be?! Gotta admit, I like Crawli a lot haha