V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

52 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

She isn't exactly his mother tho', she explains that her sister died while giving birth to him and she just took the role, I meant something like the "real" mother
And now that I think of it.. Makes sense why Zumi is changin RorimB's design, Crawli having brown skin while RorimB and his mother are white (If we presume that from the looks of the drill sargent) is quite unusual.

Who knows, maybe Jan is pulling another "Were Love Lies" on us and is creating a backstory of how RorimB meet Crawli's mother, saved his son from the pit he fell and the moment Crawli decided to be a ranger, how crazy would that be?! Gotta admit, I like Crawli a lot haha

I do however like his Gym a lot less. XD.

Though Sargent lady is basically Crawli's mother since she piratically raised him. In terms of side stories though, i think Aelita is next because she mentions her crazy adventure in Never winter with Kreiss. WINK WINK. Though it's 50-50 with Nymiera or even Vitus having a side story. Like i genuinely want to know what Vitus's deal is. Also why the hell he has an elaborate basement with lava executions and maids? 

18 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I do however like his Gym a lot less. XD.

Though Sargent lady is basically Crawli's mother since she piratically raised him. In terms of side stories though, i think Aelita is next because she mentions her crazy adventure in Never winter with Kreiss. WINK WINK. Though it's 50-50 with Nymiera or even Vitus having a side story. Like i genuinely want to know what Vitus's deal is. Also why the hell he has an elaborate basement with lava executions and maids? 

Jan really be intending to create separated stories for this game, huh?
Well I wouldn't mind if he keep giving us codes for strong pokemons, that Keta's Lucario was appreciated
And yeah.. Crawli's Gym just.. SUCKS!!!

6 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Jan really be intending to create separated stories for this game, huh?
Well I wouldn't mind if he keep giving us codes for strong pokemons, that Keta's Lucario was appreciated
And yeah.. Crawli's Gym just.. SUCKS!!!

at least it's not as bad as his pre v9 gym that one was way too hard

11 minutes ago, cybershell12 said:

at least it's not as bad as his pre v9 gym that one was way too hard

I am glad I didn't then..

37 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Wonder if any Gyms are going to get nerfed or buffed as a result of Gen 8?

I have a sneaking suspicion that Marianette gym will get buffed if Jan decides to give her a Indeedee..
Normal/Psychics are always a bother, for our luck the only two pokemons in this type were Oranguru (which is VERY SLOW) and Girafarig (Which has "meh" stats) but Male Indeedee?! 95 Base Speed to 105 Base Sp.Atk.. That plus her Hallowed Field?! OOF

17 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Marianette gym will get buffed if Jan decides to give her a Indeedee..
Normal/Psychics are always a bother, for our luck the only two pokemons in this type were Oranguru (which is VERY SLOW) and Girafarig (Which has "meh" stats) but Male Indeedee?! 95 Base Speed to 105 Base Sp.Atk.. That plus her Hallowed Field?! OOF

Oh shit, i can hear the dev team cackling maniacally right now. 

Spoiler

Guys, I just thought of something that might explain the Fairy and Dark badges. They said the prize for winning the Tournament of Dreams was all the badges, right? Maybe we go back and get the Fairy and Dark badges there, and Damian requests a proper gym battle against you for his badge. It'd also be a convenient explanation for the lack of a gym battle in one version. What do you guys think?

14 hours ago, Zumi said:

The Terajuma arc characters have their art finished!

This time we're taking a look at Melia's 2nd appearance, Rorim B, Crawli, Angie, Texen (ugh), Amber, Tesla, Crescent and Jenner. As you can see, Rorim B finally got a finalized design and will have redone battle and VS sprites to reflect these changes to his appearance in V13! Next to that, this is the first time you're getting a proper look at what Crescent looks like.

now, for a quick Q&A!

Q: Did you deliberately make Rorim B look like a fashion disaster?

A: absolutely. no i do not take criticism, let him be the horribly embarrasing disco dad he is, thank you for coming to my ted talk

ok thank u for coming to my q&a, as per usual you can find all of the art back along with bonus icons and a link to all of the full resolution artwork in the official art thread!

❤️👌🏾😍💯 No words. Just appreciation and inspiration.

• Like 2

Here is an outlandish theory that maybe too insane to be even remotely true.

What if Nim/Lorna is actually Storm-9?

Only proof that I have it that when Nim/Lorna is too emotional the weather starts to get all wonky by changing from rain to clear skies to hail, and the only time that happens was in Past Aevium in Hyoshi City when playing as Ren during his infiltration of the Rejuv. Co. Building.  Also, the stone statues in Zone Zero are like those of the victims that Nim/Lorna had turned into stone, people who are in a deadlike state but still have their life forces in them.

• Hmm 1

14 hours ago, Zumi said:

This time we're taking a look at Melia's 2nd appearance, Rorim B, Crawli, Angie, Texen (ugh), Amber, Tesla, Crescent and Jenner. As you can see, Rorim B finally got a finalized design and will have redone battle and VS sprites to reflect these changes to his appearance in V13! Next to that, this is the first time you're getting a proper look at what Crescent looks like.

now, for a quick Q&A!

A: absolutely. no i do not take criticism, let him be the horribly embarrasing disco dad he is, thank you for coming to my ted talk

ok thank u for coming to my q&a, as per usual you can find all of the art back along with bonus icons and a link to all of the full resolution artwork in the official art thread!

Magnificent artwork Zumi, your efforts will always be appreciated by the community and serve as an inspiration to us all. As expected, my favorite of the bunch would have to be Melia, with Amber coming in at second place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zumi said:

now, for a quick Q&A!

Wow. It's great that I also imagined Tesla and Crescent exactly how they are drawn. Great work. 10/10.

Wow, RorimB design really changed a lot, he went from this old guy trying to be hip with the kids to this "Disco never died!" dude, not bad
Tesla is best mom tho', you can fight me if you disagree!

24 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

... Why does Texen look thicc? 👀

He dummy thicc BOI!!
HmMmmMMm ❤️

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zumi said:

now, for a quick Q&A!

rorim b is a disaster but he got my support.

tesla and crescent are my favorite so far! also i just fried my brain trying to guess what kind of flower crescent is using as an accessory but maybe i'm just overthinking stuffs

Berry nicely done as usual Zumi 💜

My favorite out of this batch of characters are definitely Tesla and Crescent! 

Speaking of Crescent, from the design she looks quite young.

Which is what I thought, maybe in her 20s or so. In that case, would this debunk the theory of she being the MC's real mom?

I love Angie's smugness lol

And Crescent looks a bit simpler than I thought? I guess I thought of her clothes as more... Outstanding? She's cool nonetheless. 

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, kithas said:

I love Angie's smugness lol

And Crescent looks a bit simpler than I thought? I guess I thought of her clothes as more... Outstanding? She's cool nonetheless. 

she doesn't need flashy clothes to ruin you

• Like 1