V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Jesus.. Chill.. That guy over there probably didn't meant it like that.. English isn't their first language in the first place (you can notice that from all the broken english he had spoken around), no need to be so aggressive..

Nah, she just talks like that, she's obviously joking... Right, Cass?

• Developers
6 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Since it's the scene where Venam and the MC hear Anathea, i think it's just supposed to be Alain with a slight graphics update. 

Nope. No changes have been made lol

I don't know if those questions were asked or not.

so i am sorry if so.

1. are we gonna get more item for mon's to hold in the beginning of the game?

2. in the old content are you guy's gonna re-mix the mon's in the wild and in the events?

BTW, I am assuming Galarian Forms will also be a thing, yeah?
I would love to see Jan "fix" how to evolve Yamask to Runerigus.. Have you seen the kind of crap you gotta do to evolve that thing?!

Quoting from Bulbapedia: "In Galar, Yamask has a Ground/Ghost-type regional form. It evolves into Runerigus when the player travels under the stone bridge in Dusty Bowl after Yamask has lost at least 49 HP and did not faint in the same battle or since", like, what are those ridiculous conditions?! And I though back in X/Y evolving Sylveon with at least 2 hearts of Friendship while learning a Fairy-Type move was bad.. That is nothing compared to THIS!! This is so situational and lucky based..

I wanna have one in my team but with those conditions?! Yeah.. No.. 

3 minutes ago, gilam said:

I don't know if those questions were asked or not.

so i am sorry if so.

1. are we gonna get more item for mon's to hold in the beginning of the game?

2. in the old content are you guy's gonna re-mix the mon's in the wild and in the events?

Well I can't answer the first one, in the beginning of the game? Not sure.. As for the second one, yeah, some of gen8 Pokemon will probably be event ones and I am sure Jan would add gen8 pokemons to the existing old routes as well since he had done that for gen7

Edited by MhicKy
Editing to add the quote

I think it will be way more fitting and simple if yamask trained in the zorrialyn labyrinth (that place with the garufan curse) will evolve into runerigus. 

7 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

I think it will be way more fitting and simple if yamask trained in the zorrialyn labyrinth (that place with the garufan curse) will evolve into runerigus. 

It would also make sense too I suppose

5 hours ago, BRS swag said:

Wasn't he Zorrialyn labyrinth the place where the only pokemon (not counting water) was actually Runerigus' actual counterpart? I would think that was the least ideal place for it lol

Mabye somewhere like zone zero... 

17 minutes ago, kithas said:

Wasn't he Zorrialyn labyrinth the place where the only pokemon (not counting water) was actually Runerigus' actual counterpart? I would think that was the least ideal place for it lol

Anything but "go to this place, lose this amount of HP while doing backflips with your monitor upside down while running a marathon as you press the Konami Code 10x"

Yamask and therefore Cofagrigus is available in Goldenleaf. Galar Yamask and it’s evo will be added somewhere, and it’s evo method will be changed in a way that makes sense. It is the same case as the Alolan forms evolving on Terajuma or alolan marowak evolving in the goldenleaf area.

I think it would make sense for Yamask to evolve into Runerigus in Alamissa Desert or in the underground castles after Goldenwood, since they've both sorta got the vibe that Runerigus has going

I sure hope so.. Some pokemons have INSANE ways to evolve them.. I still remember younger me trying to get a Milotic in Ruby.. Good thing GameFreak changed the method cuz godammit that was annoying, time consuming and tedious.. If you don't know you had to increase it's Beauty factor to around maximum I believe(?) and that was a mechanic for those Pokemon Contests that were removed (hence why they changed it) and the only way to increase it was feeding PokeBlocks that needed to be mixed with specific berries.. But then I look at Runerigus and even Sirfetch'd and I have the feeling they haven't learn at all.. Have you also seem Sirfetch'd?!

Quoting from Bulbapedia: "It evolves from Galarian Farfetch'd after landing three critical hits in a single battle"
That is so luck based.. It doesn't sound difficult but then a bunch of situations can happen, Farfetch'd is quite weak so he can get KOed, or the criticals might never appear or you might defeat your opponent before the third critical, it's so arduous and tedious.. Your best bet would be fighting something that doesn't fight back in bulks, like the infamous 6 Magikarp Trainer that only uses splash and pray that you'll land 3 criticals before defeating all of them.. It's also unfair that only the Galarian Farfetch'd got an evolution while regular Farfetch'd is still in dire need of a change..

11 minutes ago, Benn said:

Why I see everyones team and they got 2 starters!?

Because you can get more than the original starter.. You can find them around the game quite easily, almost every one of them are available if you just look for them, example, Bulbasaur is acquired in a Help Center quest in Kakori Village, Tepig is found in a Rock Climb spot in Mount Valor and Liten is found in the bridge between West Gaeren and East Gaeren assuming you have the key to open the gate, those are just 3 examples but like I said, almost all of the starters are obtainable.

Edited by MhicKy
Adding the quote

personally this massive update is going to reinvigorate a fourth save file on my computer(send help pls i even caught pokemon for the pokedex bc i am bored)

in this time of crisis, let us pray to pokemon jesus Arceus for mercy in this quarantine.(school work is piling up,i need motivation, dear god help me)

Spoiler
1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

I sure hope so.. Some pokemons have INSANE ways to evolve them.. I still remember younger me trying to get a Milotic in Ruby.. Good thing GameFreak changed the method cuz godammit that was annoying, time consuming and tedious.. If you don't know you had to increase it's Beauty factor to around maximum I believe(?) and that was a mechanic for those Pokemon Contests that were removed (hence why they changed it) and the only way to increase it was feeding PokeBlocks that needed to be mixed with specific berries.. But then I look at Runerigus and even Sirfetch'd and I have the feeling they haven't learn at all.. Have you also seem Sirfetch'd?!

Quoting from Bulbapedia: "It evolves from Galarian Farfetch'd after landing three critical hits in a single battle"
That is so luck based.. It doesn't sound difficult but then a bunch of situations can happen, Farfetch'd is quite weak so he can get KOed, or the criticals might never appear or you might defeat your opponent before the third critical, it's so arduous and tedious.. Your best bet would be fighting something that doesn't fight back in bulks, like the infamous 6 Magikarp Trainer that only uses splash and pray that you'll land 3 criticals before defeating all of them.. It's also unfair that only the Galarian Farfetch'd got an evolution while regular Farfetch'd is still in dire need of a change..

I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think the way of evolving galarian Farfetch'd has to change.

In Pokemon sword a wild Farfeth'd has 50% chance of be holding a leek. This item rises Farfetch'd crit by 2 stages so if you have it holding one he has 50% chance of landing a critical hit with a regular move. Also, if your farfetch'd knows either leaf blade or night slash it will always land a critical hit, so you just need to find a trainer that can handle 3 crits.

Note: I used a spoiler bar because I didn't want to cover a lot of space.

Edited by Nox Omen

4 hours ago, kithas said:

We could just take a rare candy there. Like, the West gearen generator. 

Now i'm wondering where Wooloo will be in. Will they be a common pokemon early game like say Woobat or will they be available at like Yui's ranch? 

Also do you  guys think Rookidee would be common or like late game and only an event like Skarmory? 

14 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Now i'm wondering where Wooloo will be in. Will they be a common pokemon early game like say Woobat or will they be available at like Yui's ranch? 

Also do you  guys think Rookidee would be common or like late game and only an event like Skarmory? 

I would bet Wooloo being an event actually

About Rookidee, I think we can get it early on actually, Skarmory is pretty strong due to it's moveset and it's base stats on top of being a single stage so he starts powerful from the beginning, Rookidee still has 2 evolutions to go through so it evens out in my opinion, it would also fit pretty well around Goldenleaf Town, yunno, being a crow and all

First, thanks to the developers(Jan,Zumi and others) for creating such a beautiful pokemon game that can be run by low end pc. You really deserve the respect you get from all your fans and others. Though i like to make a small request. I do not have PgUp and PgDown button in my keyboard needed for fly. So i wish if it had control options like Reborn, so i can reconfigure and play easily. Pretty please. 

Oh. I am very sad to know that Jan got Covid but glad to know he is recovering well. Please take some rest in this crisis. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Akin said:

First, thanks to the developers(Jan,Zumi and others) for creating such a beautiful pokemon game that can be run by low end pc. You really deserve the respect you get from all your fans and others. Though i like to make a small request. I do not have PgUp and PgDown button in my keyboard needed for fly. So i wish if it had control options like Reborn, so i can reconfigure and play easily. Pretty please. 

Might not be the thread for this, but fn+arrow keys replaces pgup/pgdown functions for me for scrolling through maps while flying. Could be worth it to give that a shot, I'm playing on a macbook.

@Jan or @Zumi
I realized no one asked this question and I am quite curious..
Pokemon Sword and Shield is getting a new DLC now with new pokemons like the Galarian Legendary Birds so I wanted to ask.. Are you guys going to wait for the DLC to be release to get those new pokemons added on V13 or are they going to be postponed to V14? Or perhaps there will be a quick update along the lines of a V13.1 just to add them and nothing else?

Things like that just made me realize how hard it can be to make a Pokemon game when GameFreaks just suddenly decides to add new Pokemons out of the blue like this..