V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

17 hours ago, Nox Omen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I understand what you are trying to say, but I don't think the way of evolving galarian Farfetch'd has to change.

In Pokemon sword a wild Farfeth'd has 50% chance of be holding a leek. This item rises Farfetch'd crit by 2 stages so if you have it holding one he has 50% chance of landing a critical hit with a regular move. Also, if your farfetch'd knows either leaf blade or night slash it will always land a critical hit, so you just need to find a trainer that can handle 3 crits.

Note: I used a spoiler bar because I didn't want to cover a lot of space.

You can also just do it by fighting Audino trainers.They have exactly 3 Audinos and are rebeatable so it should be pretty easy to evolve him this way.

4 minutes ago, Nexen57 said:

You can also just do it by fighting Audino trainers.They have exactly 3 Audinos and are rebeatable so it should be pretty easy to evolve him this way.

Some of these Audino Trainers are annoying to fight tho'.. Like the one in Goldenleaf that uses Secret Power that has a chance to cause sleep.. The only one worthy of leveling is the one in Route 9 since his Audinos don't attack but even that one is tricky since your Farfetch'd would had to be faster than his Audino so he can at least attack once before they suicide..

13 minutes ago, Nexen57 said:

I was thinking about one of the EV training trainers. They are no threat even if the Farfetch'd has weak defenses. And they even have 6 meltans in case it didn't land the 3 critical hits in the first 3 ones.

i hope we get more items for pokemons to hold.

the start of the game we have very few.

love this game and sure V13 make the game even better.

i think the game need a littel polishe, but you guys every ep check how to improve

the old content so i am sure in the end the game will be great.

hope we get more achievements and more mon's hunt from zumi.

On 4/27/2020 at 9:40 PM, Jan said:

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've made a status update here, so I thought I'd go ahead and clear up a few things.

Most people know that I am based in NYC, the area that was hit hardest by the Corona virus. Unfortunately, I was not able to stay healthy 

and contracted the disease (I live with an essential worker and I got it from them.) For the past few weeks I have been struggling with Covid,

but I can happily say that I'm in recovery now. I have been for a little while.

During this time, working on Rejuv has obviously been scarce. But I did not stop completely. I went on to take the opportunity of quarantine to visit past areas and continue polishing. I may never(and hopefully never, ever. Seriously, covid sucks.) get a chance where I have a lot of free time to do something like this. So I decided that it's probably in my best interest to work on things that don't require a lot of energy and focus. I have been working on things that were not planned.

If this is the case, why hasn't the Old Content section been updated? Everything that was done prior to quarantine was planned content. Now that I'm working on things I had not considered, I thought it would be inappropriate to consider this part of that progress bar. I could create a separate section for the content I'm working on now, but eh... Even now, the things I'm working on are still not considered planned. I'm just going where my energy wants me to. So for me to put out another progress bar may be pointless.

It's not much, but these are a few examples of what I've polished up. 

https://imgur.com/a/WIJeVRA

https://imgur.com/a/50mmL6o

https://i.imgur.com/qv4pXJi.png

https://i.imgur.com/UfMg8ns.png

https://i.imgur.com/bURAw8G.png

https://imgur.com/dJPChS9

https://imgur.com/5SZKdL9

There are many, many, MANY other things I have in store, but these are just a few things I wanted to show. Just to assure that things are still moving, albeit at a slow pace. But that's all I have to talk about for now. Please stay safe and have a wonderful day :).

omg I'm so glad you're okay and on the road to recovery Jan. The polished content looks great!! You do whatever you feel is necessary, slow progress means nothing when you're making such an amazing game so take all the time you need, it is your game after all. Stay safe and get well soon.

• Like 2

• Developers
3 hours ago, gilam said:

i hope we get more items for pokemons to hold.

the start of the game we have very few.

love this game and sure V13 make the game even better.

i think the game need a littel polishe, but you guys every ep check how to improve

the old content so i am sure in the end the game will be great.

hope we get more achievements and more mon's hunt from zumi.

When you say polish, what do you mean specifically? Leaving it at just "needs to be polished" doesn't give me much to go by.

This game is pretty balanced i'd say if that's what polished means. Though i'm no game dev and have no idea how to balance a game so yeah. 

Sure early game can be pretty hell, like throwing enemy legendaries and rigged fields at us, but the difficulty is fair IMO even if there is things like automatic rain in certain gyms designed to stop fire type users.  And i can appreciate certain changes to early game like having Kenneth back us up against Madelis and her little experiment which makes the game's journey much more enjoyable.   

I still remember a time when we had to solo Shadow Mewtwo. XD. Good times, good times. 

1 hour ago, Jan said:

When you say polish, what do you mean specifically? Leaving it at just "needs to be polished" doesn't give me much to go by.

like i say very few  items for mons to hold for very long time.

mmm the conversation With the captain we dont need it because we have this details from amanda.

more useable mon's form different types [we get 2 nidoran A-grimer and budew or 3 good psychic mon]

it's fel important for intense mode.

you're doing great great job on putting mons that are very good but if you put them later players don't use them because they have better options.

but like i say it's really minor, the game is great and very fun and changing all the time.

i know you will do an amazing job when you finish the last episode because the game is already in a very high place.

18 minutes ago, gilam said:

mmm the conversation With the captain we dont need it because we have this details from amanda.

more useable mon's form different types [we get 2 nidoran A-grimer and budew or 3 good psychic mon]

you're doing great great job on putting mons that are very good but if you put them later players don't use them because they have better options.

but like i say it's really minor, the game is great and very fun and changing all the time.

i know you will do an amazing job when you finish the last episode because the game is already in a very high place.

Interesting, i've never really felt the need to put items on my team in early game. but like Nim gives a psychic spoon that's very helpful for Alola Raichu. Besides, when the items come into play, it's usually when you need them. 

9 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Interesting, i've never really felt the need to put items on my team in early game. but like Nim gives a psychic spoon that's very helpful for Alola Raichu. Besides, when the items come into play, it's usually when you need them. 

in intense mode the items are important.

in reborn you can get 5 items before the first gym.

you get mining kit after the 3 gym.

• Developers
34 minutes ago, gilam said:

items and Pokemon distribution are intended balance changes. Everything given to you, even in intense mode is all you need to succeed. 

Also I just want to reiterate that this is Rejuv, not Reborn. Different changes for different games.

Yeah, items are nice but what we need is all given to us. They are a convenience not a life saver. 

Like Rejuv has a great selection of early game pokemon unlike Reborn's early game where you can only get certain ones in quests that's like a design difference i can appreciate.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:40 PM, Jan said:

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've made a status update here, so I thought I'd go ahead and clear up a few things.

Most people know that I am based in NYC, the area that was hit hardest by the Corona virus. Unfortunately, I was not able to stay healthy 

and contracted the disease (I live with an essential worker and I got it from them.) For the past few weeks I have been struggling with Covid,

but I can happily say that I'm in recovery now. I have been for a little while.

During this time, working on Rejuv has obviously been scarce. But I did not stop completely. I went on to take the opportunity of quarantine to visit past areas and continue polishing. I may never(and hopefully never, ever. Seriously, covid sucks.) get a chance where I have a lot of free time to do something like this. So I decided that it's probably in my best interest to work on things that don't require a lot of energy and focus. I have been working on things that were not planned.

If this is the case, why hasn't the Old Content section been updated? Everything that was done prior to quarantine was planned content. Now that I'm working on things I had not considered, I thought it would be inappropriate to consider this part of that progress bar. I could create a separate section for the content I'm working on now, but eh... Even now, the things I'm working on are still not considered planned. I'm just going where my energy wants me to. So for me to put out another progress bar may be pointless.

It's not much, but these are a few examples of what I've polished up. 

https://imgur.com/a/WIJeVRA

https://imgur.com/a/50mmL6o

https://i.imgur.com/qv4pXJi.png

https://i.imgur.com/UfMg8ns.png

https://i.imgur.com/bURAw8G.png

https://imgur.com/dJPChS9

https://imgur.com/5SZKdL9

There are many, many, MANY other things I have in store, but these are just a few things I wanted to show. Just to assure that things are still moving, albeit at a slow pace. But that's all I have to talk about for now. Please stay safe and have a wonderful day :).

The Blacksteeple update though. First location I think besides Nymiera's house where we've seen a depiction of Xerneas. 👀

Well I am sure that in V13 we will be able to access the highest floors of the GBD Department Store where the good stuff is!

6 hours ago, Jan said:

items and Pokemon distribution are intended balance changes. Everything given to you, even in intense mode is all you need to succeed. 

Also I just want to reiterate that this is Rejuv, not Reborn. Different changes for different games.

We understand it's balanced, and I don't complain that I don't have them it's just that if we look too much into it there are a lot of questions here that don't make sense like
"How daheck do you have a mega ring?!", "Where did you get a Leftovers?!" and "What? You have a Life Orb this early?! All I have are plates I had to mine for.."
OFC I understand that this is for the challenge sake and giving those to the player would make the game way too easy anyways, I am just eager to get my hands on those items tho' because for more that those intentions are for challenge sake, they aren't exactly fair when your opponent has end game held items and you're still holding Charcoal on your fire type

But just for the record, because of things like that I feel like Rejuv is better than Reborn tbh, I recently start playing Reborn to scratch that itch as I waited for V13 and it just makes me miss Rejuv even more, as for polish the only things I can imagine are cleaning some bugs like the Rift Garbodor soft-lock, the one that if you lose to him he somehow loses collision and your character phases through him and get stuck on a wall or the engine slowing down if you select to have battle effects on (that might be a problem in my end tho since my laptop SUCKS) but gameplay wise the only thing that comes to mind is wanting the Everstone to be a scripted event instead of just being lucky to find one mining a ore but that's a very minor thing.

Yo guys. Ibrex here big fan of rejuvenation and reborn, am a Wattpad author just here wondering if I can write a story/novel version of the game with more fleshed out scenes like an anime, is that cool with you?(I'll also link this forum in the summary if it's needed)

Edited by Ibrex2000

1 hour ago, Ibrex2000 said:

Yo guys. Ibrex here big fan of rejuvenation and reborn, am a Wattpad author just here wondering if I can write a story/novel version of the game with more fleshed out scenes like an anime, is that cool with you?(I'll also link this forum in the summary if it's needed)

That sounds like a nice idea but it sounds like it will get really difficult. It would probably be easier to just take whatever you need from playthroughs on YouTube.

3 hours ago, DreamChaser60 said:

That sounds like a nice idea but it sounds like it will get really difficult. It would probably be easier to just take whatever you need from playthroughs on YouTube.

Okay will do also, I've played through the entire v12 and written down the events so no big problem, I'll stop the novel where the story ends in v12 for now, I'll mention you guy and advertise  the game for those who want to play it, I'll keep you guys updated. thanks very much ✌️. link to my Wattpad page below

https://my.w.tt/L0HtKyfb85

Edited by Ibrex2000

10 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Well I am sure that in V13 we will be able to access the highest floors of the GBD Department Store where the good stuff is!

We understand it's balanced, and I don't complain that I don't have them it's just that if we look too much into it there are a lot of questions here that don't make sense like
"How daheck do you have a mega ring?!", "Where did you get a Leftovers?!" and "What? You have a Life Orb this early?! All I have are plates I had to mine for.."
OFC I understand that this is for the challenge sake and giving those to the player would make the game way too easy anyways, I am just eager to get my hands on those items tho' because for more that those intentions are for challenge sake, they aren't exactly fair when your opponent has end game held items and you're still holding Charcoal on your fire type

But just for the record, because of things like that I feel like Rejuv is better than Reborn tbh, I recently start playing Reborn to scratch that itch as I waited for V13 and it just makes me miss Rejuv even more, as for polish the only things I can imagine are cleaning some bugs like the Rift Garbodor soft-lock, the one that if you lose to him he somehow loses collision and your character phases through him and get stuck on a wall or the engine slowing down if you select to have battle effects on (that might be a problem in my end tho since my laptop SUCKS) but gameplay wise the only thing that comes to mind is wanting the Everstone to be a scripted event instead of just being lucky to find one mining a ore but that's a very minor thing.

I think you can find everstone without mining but i vaguely remember it was pretty far in the game before you got your first everstone, if im not mistaken its in the darchlight cave

Just now, fellowry said:

I think you can find everstone without mining but i vaguely remember it was pretty far in the game before you got your first everstone, if im not mistaken its in the darchlight cave

Yeah that's pretty far tho'..
Frankly that's one of the things I don't like about Rejuv.. You get Everstone and Destiny Knot quite far, IF you get lucky and mine an Everstone, after the 5th "gym" it's already possible to breed Pokemons with good IVs but you can only get back to Gaeren after finding Crawli at the abandoned lab, if I am not mistaken, since the captain of the ship always repeat the "We crashed into an island?!" line.. That's the ONLY thing I prefer in Reborn than in Rejuv, you can get the Destiny Knot and Everstone before the 4th gym but in every other aspect I prefer Rejuv, specially the story but like Jan said, these things are on purpose to make the game more challenging, whatever, still the best Pokemon fangame I ever played so far

3 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Like I said I would, I've updated Rorim B's sprites to match his redesign!

LyEUfwR.pngPF8rGoW.png

sooooo happy that the sprite inconsistency will be solved in V13 tbh JDFKDFdjgd IT'S ABOUT TIME,

anyways i only made this post to show off disco dad im out again bye

Make way for the disco king!