V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

Also I just remembered..
Do you guys think Jan will pull a Were Love Lies with the misadventures of Narcisa on the past after she got "switcheroed"?
I would be very interested to know what she passed through in the past and how she managed to find a way out on her own..

1 hour ago, Swampellow said:

Please for the love of everything holy learn what “thicc” actually means and stop describing Texen as “thicc”

Unless he is using bags under his short (for whatever reason) he is thicc and you can't stop me!
Let people have fun!

Edited by MhicKy

14 hours ago, Zumi said:

The Terajuma arc characters have their art finished!

This time we're taking a look at Melia's 2nd appearance, Rorim B, Crawli, Angie, Texen (ugh), Amber, Tesla, Crescent and Jenner. As you can see, Rorim B finally got a finalized design and will have redone battle and VS sprites to reflect these changes to his appearance in V13! Next to that, this is the first time you're getting a proper look at what Crescent looks like.

now, for a quick Q&A!

Q: Did you deliberately make Rorim B look like a fashion disaster?

A: absolutely. no i do not take criticism, let him be the horribly embarrasing disco dad he is, thank you for coming to my ted talk

ok thank u for coming to my q&a, as per usual you can find all of the art back along with bonus icons and a link to all of the full resolution artwork in the official art thread!

That’s more exciting. Those artworks looks beautiful especially for Melia, too, who looks so gorgeous.

• Hmm 1

14 hours ago, Zumi said:

This time we're taking a look at Melia's 2nd appearance, Rorim B, Crawli, Angie, Texen (ugh), Amber, Tesla, Crescent and Jenner. As you can see, Rorim B finally got a finalized design and will have redone battle and VS sprites to reflect these changes to his appearance in V13! Next to that, this is the first time you're getting a proper look at what Crescent looks like.

now, for a quick Q&A!

A: absolutely. no i do not take criticism, let him be the horribly embarrassing disco dad he is, thank you for coming to my ted talk

ok thank u for coming to my q&a, as per usual you can find all of the art back along with bonus icons and a link to all of the full resolution artwork in the official art thread!

Wow this is the best batch yet. I gotta say, Tesla looks younger than expected but i guess that's the perks of owning a spa and resort. I don't care what you say, Rorim B looks great, he's got the confidence to love himself and make that look work. Not pictured though, Crawli being embarrassed by his dad.  As for Crescent someone who i've been looking forward to seeing in more detail, i can see the resemblance in expression and face to Aevis's VS sprite so Crescent actually being our mother is becoming more credible,(though i use Axel as the main one). But it is a tie she's wearing like i guessed in the AMA. Fashion people what sort of tie is that? As an aside, that flower on her head is quite a neat detail.  Jenner has the look of a dead man walking, which is very fitting. Texen is Texen. And Angie seems friendly, with a more gleeful expression than Vitus, but with a similar eyebags. She looks ready to freeze my soul. 

Great Art work! Something about the colors in this batch makes them feel more lively than the previous batch.

14 hours ago, Zumi said:

now, for a quick Q&A!

A: absolutely. no i do not take criticism, let him be the horribly embarrasing disco dad he is, thank you for coming to my ted talk

loving the art zumi 

3 minutes ago, The Fangame Connoisseur said:

You have very good taste, comrade.

Speaking of Melia, it seems her facial structure is different from Crescent, so i guess that's deconfirmation of my friend's theory that she's future Melia. 

2 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Speaking of Melia, it seems her facial structure is different from Crescent, so i guess that's deconfirmation of my friend's theory that she's future Melia. 

I always though that theory was.. Dumb.. Remember, 2 people from different timelines can't exist together in this game's logic so either Crescent or Melia would had to eventually disappear since the world would "correct the mistake" as they put it

Also you guys need to quote Zumi with spoiler bars or else the previews will cover most of the page

2 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I always though that theory was.. Dumb.. Remember, 2 people from different timelines can't exist together in this game's logic so either Crescent or Melia would had to eventually disappear since the world would "correct the mistake" as they put it

Also you guys need to quote Zumi with spoiler bars or else the previews will cover most of the page

Oops. my bad. BUT on to other things, her bang is covering the other side of her face, foreshadowing, or just being true to her name? Either way, i'm excited to eventually fight her. I've prepared for her Dranna and Zetta.

Besides, Melania and Melia are able to exist separately for quite some time so we don't actually have a time frame on the limit. Besides it's Madam X who tells us this, and she has all the reason to manipulate us. But then again, the image of Madam X overwriting herself every time she uses the time diamond is hilarious.

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

Besides, Melania and Melia are able to exist separately

This is because of the time gear amulet. 

Well I still think that the "Crescent is Melia" theory is a bit overdoing it..
It's obious that Space, Tiempa and Crescent are somewhat related to Palgia, Dialga and Cresselia but I'm torn into believing that they ARE those Pokemons or they just happen to have their powers somehow or they just have them as their legendaries and I am overthinking this..

4 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Right, the theory did state Crescent had a time amulet too. 

But Melanie wasn't automatically overwritten and she didn't have a time amulet.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I need to replay this game at the some point.)

Why Melanie would be automatically overwritten from the weird timeline if she belongs there? I believe the amulet only spared Melia/the MC from being automatically overwritten/erased at the moment we got sent to the alternative timeline.

The universe still had the need to correct itself at the moment when Melia and Melanie had contact and considering that Crescent and Melia were able to interact in Amethyst Cave and in the past, at some point they would erase each other's existence if Crescent was future Melia.

19 minutes ago, Pannaca said:

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I need to replay this game at the some point.)

Why Melanie would be automatically overwritten from the weird timeline if she belongs there? I believe the amulet only spared Melia/the MC from being automatically overwritten/erased at the moment we got sent to the alternative timeline.

The universe still had the need to correct itself at the moment when Melia and Melanie had contact and considering that Crescent and Melia were able to interact in Amethyst Cave and in the past, at some point they would erase each other's existence if Crescent was future Melia.

The idea is that they're are technically the same person and 2 of the same person can't exist in the timeline, no matter which timeline, so Melia and Melanie aren't allowed to exist together so one must override the other and the one with the strongest will is the one who stays
And I also don't go with "Crescent is future Melia" thing too

31 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Well I still think that the "Crescent is Melia" theory is a bit overdoing it..
It's obious that Space, Tiempa and Crescent are somewhat related to Palgia, Dialga and Cresselia but I'm torn into believing that they ARE those Pokemons or they just happen to have their powers somehow or they just have them as their legendaries and I am overthinking this..

It's a friend's theory though, i'm more on Crescent is our mother and i don't think Melia is our mother.  It's just when i analyze a mystery i like to entertain various possibilities. I happen to like multiple choice question exams. XD. 

On the Sinnoh Trio, i think those could just be the royalty merely taking the similar form of the Legendaries, they can't be the actual legendaries since they are stated to have been alive at some point. Like how can Giratina be Griselda when Giratina was the one who stopped Cyrus at spear pillar? Since according to Jan AMA, the other games have happened already. 

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

The idea is that they're are technically the same person and 2 of the same person can't exist in the timeline, no matter which timeline, so Melia and Melanie aren't allowed to exist together so one must override the other and the one with the strongest will is the one who stays
And I also don't go with "Crescent is future Melia" thing too

The time gear is what allows Melia and the MC to withstand the effects of Timeline Changing (Kenneth didn't have one and changed from Sheridan's sensei to Tesla's partner), so it would give them the entry, so to speak, to any alternative future. The "only the strongest will stand at the end" happens when two versions of the same person touch, like what happened at the end with Melanie I think, or what happened when Melia and the MC came back to their correct timeline. 

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

It's a friend's theory though, i'm more on Crescent is our mother and i don't think Melia is our mother.  It's just when i analyze a mystery i like to entertain various possibilities. I happen to like multiple choice question exams. XD. 

On the Sinnoh Trio, i think those could just be the royalty merely taking the similar form of the Legendaries, they can't be the actual legendaries since they are stated to have been alive at some point. Like how can Giratina be Griselda when Giratina was the one who stopped Cyrus at spear pillar? Since according to Jan AMA, the other games have happened already. 

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think the MC has a mother

New Theory!

In the end of the game the planet we live in explodes and Melia manages to survive by being teleported into another world by an alien race, in there she learns how to become a bounty hunter and changes her name to Samus Aran.

(Since we have many theories about "Melia is X" I decided to throw my theory)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

New Theory!

In the end of the game the planet we live in explodes and Melia manages to survive by being teleported into another world by an alien race, in there she learns how to become a bounty hunter and changes her name to Samus Aran.

(Since we have many theories about "Melia is X" I decided to throw my theory)

Meanwhile Aelita becomes the Aelita from Code Geass. 

• Veterans

Not to be a party pooper again but I think I've asked before if the theorycrafting could be moved to separate topics instead. This thread's been getting off topic quite a bit recently, so it'd be appreciated!

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Not to be a party pooper again but I think I've asked before if the theorycrafting could be moved to separate topics instead. This thread's been getting off topic quite a bit recently, so it'd be appreciated!

May i ask for which pages have the gameplay pictures? Like i missed the one that showed Erin in some frozen Area along with some maids. Thanks.