V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

@JanI offer you my sincerest condolences for contracting covid-19 and will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You're more than welcome to take the rest you need after all the hard work you've put in to polish up the game. Here's hoping that you stay safe and have a swift recovery from the virus.

@Jan
We are all with you, man!
Take your time, get plenty of rest and be safe, the entire community is behind you! 
You created this wonderful game that united all of us, I am being 100% SINCERE when I say that your game rekindled my love for Pokemon games, a series I had given up since X/Y previous to Rejuvenation!
Prioritize your health, we can wait as long as necessary!

@Dreamblitz
Heh, nice one

8 hours ago, Jan said:

Hi guys. It's been a while since I've made a status update here, so I thought I'd go ahead and clear up a few things.

Most people know that I am based in NYC, the area that was hit hardest by the Corona virus. Unfortunately, I was not able to stay healthy 

and contracted the disease (I live with an essential worker and I got it from them.) For the past few weeks I have been struggling with Covid,

but I can happily say that I'm in recovery now. I have been for a little while.

During this time, working on Rejuv has obviously been scarce. But I did not stop completely. I went on to take the opportunity of quarantine to visit past areas and continue polishing. I may never(and hopefully never, ever. Seriously, covid sucks.) get a chance where I have a lot of free time to do something like this. So I decided that it's probably in my best interest to work on things that don't require a lot of energy and focus. I have been working on things that were not planned.

If this is the case, why hasn't the Old Content section been updated? Everything that was done prior to quarantine was planned content. Now that I'm working on things I had not considered, I thought it would be inappropriate to consider this part of that progress bar. I could create a separate section for the content I'm working on now, but eh... Even now, the things I'm working on are still not considered planned. I'm just going where my energy wants me to. So for me to put out another progress bar may be pointless.

It's not much, but these are a few examples of what I've polished up. 

https://imgur.com/a/WIJeVRA

https://imgur.com/a/50mmL6o

https://i.imgur.com/qv4pXJi.png

https://i.imgur.com/UfMg8ns.png

https://i.imgur.com/bURAw8G.png

https://imgur.com/dJPChS9

https://imgur.com/5SZKdL9

There are many, many, MANY other things I have in store, but these are just a few things I wanted to show. Just to assure that things are still moving, albeit at a slow pace. But that's all I have to talk about for now. Please stay safe and have a wonderful day :).

Jan, we all appreciate your work. You work ethic and products are amazing. You already said you're recovering and taking on smaller tasks but you should consider taking a break.

These aren't normal times. WE'RE ONLY GIVEN ONE BODY and you were lucky enough to recover.

If you think about all those people who didn't get to recover, you should see this as a sign to slow down.

You owe it not just to yourself but also to your fans to rest and recover because in the end, your life is more valuable to everyone than getting the game sooner.

Hopefully, I'm not being pushy or demanding bc you're your own person with free will but we all want you to recover. 

I wish you the best, DreamChaser60 🙂

Can we just take the time to appreciate the quality of the new additions?

Like damn, i really like the redesign of the interior Theolia Mansion, the new animations for Anathea and the Shiftry, and the ritual. Real quality work done while under recovering from Corona is damn impressive.

It's definitely a sign to replay the game.  

@Dreamblitz Well the game is certainly reborn after this update hits.

" Badum tiss. " 

sometimes i open this thread up and i see the most questionable shit

regardless I am still very excited for this game and its development.

I honestly wish the thread was still locked

20 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

@Alisae
What does that even mean?.. What "questionable shit"?..

Most people here are wishing Jan well. Nothing questionable about that. 

But on the development, i guess the updated old content will make replaying the game with Scorbunny more fun ehh? 

2 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Most people here are wishing Jan well. Nothing questionable about that. 

But on the development, i guess the updated old content will make replaying the game with Scorbunny more fun ehh? 

I have the feeling that it's better to ignore that one.. Just a hunch..

And you can bet your sweet bippy I will!
I was already set on restarting just to check the "new" old trainers and gym leaders using gen8 Pokemons and also finding them in the wild, the polished old content is a massive bonus for me! But like we said, let's not rush Jan, he still needs to get a full recovery, let the man work on his pace, we can wait.. Sometime ago I already lost one of my heroes to this decease, Rick May (the voice actor of Soldier from TF2, a game I have 3000h clocked on Steam and Soldier is my favorite), and it hurts like hell when I saw those news.. So I really want Jan to take it easy and get 100% healthy.

@GenEric
Eh, sorry about that.. We gotta police ourselves sometimes, it's easy to get caught up in the moment and forget those rules.. I apologize, even if my "theory" was just a joke one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GenEric said:

I would honestly go for a thread lock

The devs don't have to remind yall to keep the theories down every now and then if yall make a separate thread for it

my favorite is when the devs tell us that they don't intend to make the game a dating sim for the 50th time because people don't know how to listen

• Veterans
Just now, Alisae said:

my favorite is when the devs tell us that they don't intend to make the game a dating sim for the 50th time because people don't know how to listen

i was going to leave this as something implied earlier but i'm pretty much here just to stop that.

7 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I have the feeling that it's better to ignore that one.. Just a hunch..

And you can bet your sweet bippy I will!
I was already set on restarting just to check the "new" old trainers and gym leaders using gen8 Pokemons and also finding them in the wild, the polished old content is a massive bonus for me! But like we said, let's not rush Jan, he still needs to get a full recovery, let the man work on his pace, we can wait.. Sometime ago I already lost one of my heroes to this decease, Rick May (the voice actor of Soldier from TF2, a game I have 3000h clocked on Steam and Soldier is my favorite), and it hurts like hell when I saw those news.. So I really want Jan to take it easy and get 100% healthy.

Sorry to hear that. Right, Inteleon snipe shot is going to be fun to play around with in Rejuv. I can't imagine how broken it will be on water fields. 

35 minutes ago, Wolf5002 said:

Is it just me or did I see a new main character design with white hair in the first example? Or is it just Alain?

Since it's the scene where Venam and the MC hear Anathea, i think it's just supposed to be Alain with a slight graphics update. 

19 minutes ago, andracass said:

don't tell him what to do

Jesus.. Chill.. That guy over there probably didn't meant it like that.. English isn't their first language in the first place (you can notice that from all the broken english he had spoken around), no need to be so aggressive..

@Jan  man i can feel that, im a few hours north of you in albany myself so i guess im kinda lucky i havent been hit by it myself.................. ho i guess thats due in part to me being a hermit in the sense that i very rarely go out

that aside glad to hear ur recovering and remember: dont overexert yourself

two things

9 hours ago, Dreamblitz said:

hey Jan, would you say that you're starting to feel Rejuvenated?

ana.png.1bc8f99e67741a1b8738c5a27eff8b30.png

How dare you beat me to the pun

(loud ungodly yelling full of hype for next version)

stay healthy and sane y'all

6 hours ago, Alisae said:

sometimes i open this thread up and i see the most questionable shit

regardless I am still very excited for this game and its development.

I honestly wish the thread was still locked

for real, like they got me questioning...
when's v13 releasing???

20 minutes ago, Sardines said:

for real, like they got me questioning...
when's v13 releasing???

Some people just wanna see the world burn