V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Gore said:

this?

nope! that's for something else. granted it's not as relevant anymore as i hoped bc plans have changed a little and it's practically a bonus thing now, but you'll still get to see the thing when v13 is out!

15 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Lilpup can still be obtained in Gaeren tho', all you need is get into one of the work buildings (forgot which one.. The ones that have colors on them) and there will be a woman there that gives you her Lilpup if you went to Route1 already

For the second fight there are plenty of very good Pokemon at your disposal, you're just shrugging them off, I am sad to say.. Vivillon is a good choice, specially against his Gallade, Natu is good too and the field boost Psychic damage so he's on the advantage along with Swoobat, the thing is, you can't keep the same team to every gym like it's a main series Pokemon game, those fights will require you to completely change your team having the opponent's pokemons and field in consideration, if you do that the fights start to become laughably easy, heck, I swept the 3rd Gym with just a Swoobat, JUST-A-SWOOBAT, and that was on INTENSE!

I haven't got lilipup as for vivilion where is it? is it in that place where the rift gyarados is ? I don't like swoobat. I'm trying to catch a natu but the bugger runs away by teleport. This is my second time playing this one but I have trained the wrong pokemon.

4 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Wait.. Doens't this game already uses Reborn's engine? I think it does.. They are pretty similar.. Even the lag I feel when I turn ON battle animations.. I need to fix my old computer..
And yeah, farming items from Pokemons is actually pretty common, I mean, the best way to get Heart Scales is to fish them with a Good Rod in Akuma Town and use Thief on the Luvdiscs (Or have a Sneasel with Pickpocket or a Delphox with Magician)

The majority of Pokémon fangames run on a program called Pokemon Essentials which is a kit built for development in RPG Maker XP.

Reborn was recently ported to MKXP which was originally a recreation of the RMXP player to run on Linux systems, but has since been rebuilt to support newer versions of Ruby (the coding language of RMXP) in an attempt to improve performance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, narutoDkurosaki said:

I haven't got lilipup as for vivilion where is it? is it in that place where the rift gyarados is ? I don't like swoobat. I'm trying to catch a natu but the bugger runs away by teleport. This is my second time playing this one but I have trained the wrong pokemon.

Like I said, Lilpup is in one of the buildings, I think the one near the bridge where you fight that guy asking for tools to pass, just talk to the woman who has it after going to Route1 and she will give you
You can't get Vivillon itself, you need to capture a Scatterbug and evolve it to Vivillon, which is easy since it evolves to it's final stage by Lv12, yes, they are in Route1 where you fought the Rift Gyarados, I know the place is closed up for now but you can just get one in the area before the park, where the Whismur is
I also used to not like Swoobat, I thought it's design dumb and all but he's actually pretty damn good and now a staple of my teams, he has an amazing speed and with the Ability Simple a Calm Mind basically works as both a Nasty Plot and a Amnesia at the same time, so if you're up against a Sp.Atk enemy that can't do super effects on it (at least not STAB) you can basically get one Calm Mind (maybe even 2) before sweeping everything with Psychic or Air Slash, also he evolves with friendship meaning you can get it's final form pretty fast with a little bit of patience

7 hours ago, andracass said:

we fixed that.

Oh.. OOOOOH!!! Now I'm excited!!! Thank you!!!

5 hours ago, Michael_ said:

The majority of Pokémon fangames run on a program called Pokemon Essentials which is a kit built for development in RPG Maker XP.

Reborn was recently ported to MKXP which was originally a recreation of the RMXP player to run on Linux systems, but has since been rebuilt to support newer versions of Ruby (the coding language of RMXP) in an attempt to improve performance.

Aaah so that's what she meant when she said they fixed it?!
Niiice dude! Niiiice!!

11 hours ago, narutoDkurosaki said:

You should consider post your team in order to get that help. Perhaps an Echoed Voice can help you against Keta's Soul; did you catch Rockruf? Can you beat Novae and get an Eevee? Do you know how to breed and get a Glare on Servine? Do you have patience to get Rare Candies with Pick Up (Lillipup, Pachirisu and Meowth)? You don't seem to be getting the best of Rejuv. Man does it feels great to beat Madame X and see her recognizing the understimation (Huf.. Huf..)! It-is-worthy.

14 hours ago, Gore said:

this?

No this was a preview for the new official artworks this one is Zetta's

Edit:I realised that the Saki avatar in AC doesn't wear the same clothes than the one on the artwork.

Now she has brown hairs,a white sailor top thing(I don't really know the names of specific clothes in English) and a red-brown skirt.

I just thought of a question for the devs:

What feature are you guys most excited to implement into the game? Is it finished already or are you guys still building it?

20 hours ago, andracass said:

we fixed that.

THANK YOU! Ah, will that be released as a 12.2 update (please please please) or will you wait til V13? Playing through Reborn with the battle animations on and would love to play through Reju with battle animations on also since I plan on doing a shiny run.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2020 at 9:46 PM, Kasha said:

THANK YOU! Ah, will that be released as a 12.2 update (please please please) or will you wait til V13? Playing through Reborn with the battle animations on and would love to play through Reju with battle animations on also since I plan on doing a shiny run.

Yeah I turned Battle Animations ON too, it became a whole new game for me ahaha
I think Jan will probably wait to release the new engine along with V13, I know nothing about coding tho' so I ain't really sure if changing engines is difficult or not, all I know is that I was already set in restarting another play in Rejuvenation because of the Gen8 changes, with the new battle animations it will be gorgeous!

On 5/6/2020 at 7:52 AM, MhicKy said:

Yeah I turned Battle Animations ON too, it became a whole new game for me ahaha
I think Jan will probably wait to release the new engine along with V13, I know nothing about coding tho' so I ain't really sure if changing engines is difficult or not, all I know is that I was already set in restarting another play in Rejuvenation because of the Gen8 changes, with the new battle animations it will be gorgeous!

May have to set back playing Reju till V13 if that's the case after I finish Reborn. May play through Desolation/one of the other games I have on my laptop. Though only doing a shiny run of Reborn and Rejuvenation. Have many games to play while waiting.

So, it's been confirmed multiple times that G-Max forms are going to be made into custom mega evolutions, and I feel a small need to ask just one question about this.

Is that going to include Charizard, or is he going to be left out because of his "mega privilege"?

36 minutes ago, Reginald Sanshire said:

So, it's been confirmed multiple times that G-Max forms are going to be made into custom mega evolutions, and I feel a small need to ask just one question about this.

Is that going to include Charizard, or is he going to be left out because of his "mega privilege"?

Also has been already answered. Yes... Sadly.

41 minutes ago, blackmewtwo200 said:

Hey I do not know if we are still doing theories but here is a good one Madam X could not be the true leader of team xen

I also think Madame X, Freya and Kieran could be answering to a higher authority, but who could it be? Indriad, maybe? I have the feel they're in opposite sides though, like in two squares of a pentagon (the other three would be Bladestar, the Main gang-Melia's side, and the Storm Chasers) 

I'll be honest.. I think GameFreak's G-Max addition was a mistake.. They should had just made those into megas (scaling the size down, OFC)..
I don't know why GameFreak feels the need to add more and more gimmicks to Pokemon in order to make it "good", some of these additions I liked (Mega Evolutions and regional forms in Alola and Galar) some I would rather GameFreak never made them (Z-Moves, Ultra Beasts and now G-Max).. If Jan opted to never add G-Max to the game I would be 100%, NAY, 200% fine with it.. It was obvious that GF did these just to capitalize on the success of Pokemon GO with the Raid Battles thing and now we have this mess to sort out.. So Jan's decision to make it the same way as Mega Evolutions is the best option really, either that or not add them at all since they could potentially screw with the flow of the game.. Just imagine.. How would they even work anyways?! So we can have 1 Mega, 1 Z-Move and 1 G-Max? Ugh..

But that's just how I feel about it..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crystalrage said:

I feel almost the same dude

For me, the D-max and G-max are waste

Its like we can use z-moves for 3 turns with the same pokemon

It's hella stupid.. Some of these could had just been scaled down and turned into megas instead of this new mechanic..

@MhicKyI feel the same way about D-maxing/G-maxing; of the three in-battle gimmicks it's easily my least favorite of the trio. Like you said, Jan's decision to make it work just like a Mega Evolution is the best way to handle it, though I assume you can only use one or the other in a battle if that's the case. As to why Gamefreak created D-maxing/G-maxing, I assume it's an attempt at giving Sw&Sh their unique battle mechanic to breathe some fresh air into the game.

@Lady TariaA little off-topic but that's a really lovely icon you have. May I ask where it's from?

• Upvote 1