E18 Obtainability Updates [Spoilers]

BIGJRA

On 8/1/2018 at 2:35 AM, Zander said:

If Garchomp is available then Salamence should be too though I agree that it's mega might be too broken for the Saphira gym battle.

I highly doubt Larvesta is going to be released. Even if only rock and dragon are left for gym leaders, quiver dance Volcarona with fiery dance is too op. If there's no stealth rocks on the feild then it's basically free set up and sweep.

Froakie should definitely make it. I use a Greninja as my starter Pokemon and even with the life orb, protean and 31 sp attack ivs there are times when you just need to switch it out. And since battle bond is never going to be available for some reason, Greninja is never going to get better than what it already is. It's also super frail so even rock types should be able to endure hits in sandstorm and take it out.

Blaziken might be released because bulk up speed boost isn't enough to dish out massive damage. Also it takes damage on one turn which is basically always taking damage of half it's hp. If it doesn't kill the next turn then it always dies. And the gym leaders are rock and dragon which easily take it on.

Snivy should make it but I'm a bit iffy about it because Contrary Leaf Storm can really mess up someone's day. And the other sp attacks it can use after Leaf Storm are pretty threatening as well.

Scyther obviously won't make it because technician Mega Scizor with swords dance bullet punch is too op.

Right on the money! (except for Larvesta)

So my team will probably be Volcarona, Greninja, Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross and Hydreigon. Now I wonder whom to mega...

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the remaining bugs Ame and the team are trying to squash in E18 are Shuckles?  They stamped out a huge amount from where it was originally quite quickly so those ones must have been Caterpies and similar weak bugs, but these ones are stronk like a Fortress. That said even if Scyther and Bagon are available it is likely they require us to defeat the gym leader of the episode first and i doubt we would get Mega Salamence before a battle with Saphira. That said Saphira or Hardy, which gym leader will it be for E18 🤔

And so Scyther and Scizor become the last non-legendary Pokemon to become obtainable in reborn (at least as far as their order on the availability list is concerned) beating out every pseudo legendary and a ton of Objectively better Pokemon. I can't say I'm not surprised, I know Scizor is good and that Reborn doesn't pick which Pokemon become obtainable directly based on competitive but I'm still a bit shocked. Scizor? Scizor. Scizor!! Scizor is the last one. Is it because scyther is good on its own and Ame was worried that releasing the line would give us access to two different and powerful Pokemon? Is it because by the time Scizor would have not been over-powered we've hit the last two gyms which Scizor could dominate? Or does Ame just like screwing with us, seeing as scizor is an immensely popular Pokemon and we've been unable to get one while a ton of other trainers have had one? Who's to say.

9 minutes ago, pokemastercj1 said:

And so Scyther and Scizor become the last non-legendary Pokemon to become obtainable in reborn (at least as far as their order on the availability list is concerned) beating out every pseudo legendary and a ton of Objectively better Pokemon. I can't say I'm not surprised, I know Scizor is good and that Reborn doesn't pick which Pokemon become obtainable directly based on competitive but I'm still a bit shocked. Scizor? Scizor. Scizor!! Scizor is the last one. Is it because scyther is good on its own and Ame was worried that releasing the line would give us access to two different and powerful Pokemon? Is it because by the time Scizor would have not been over-powered we've hit the last two gyms which Scizor could dominate? Or does Ame just like screwing with us, seeing as scizor is an immensely popular Pokemon and we've been unable to get one while a ton of other trainers have had one? Who's to say.

I don't even understand why she is so worried about Scizor. Yeah it's gonna do well against Hardy. But if he uses the Dragon Den's Field like Saphira, Smackdown will gain additional fire damage. Scizor already takes neutral damage from rock moves, and with the additional fire damage (Scizor's 4x weakness), Hardy would be able to defend himself. If Scizor doesn't get the Knockout it's pretty much toast.

And i'm pretty sure that Hardy will have atleast 1 or 2 Sturdy Mon's. So he will get a Hit of, no matter what.

As for Saphira... do i even need to say anything ?

She uses Dragons.

They have bulk (most of the time) and are guaranteed to have fire moves.

I guess she simply decided to make this the based pre-episode prank this time instead of coming up with some crazy excuse to say that she lost everything and would have to start over again.

11 hours ago, HakuryuYukio said:

As for Saphira... do i even need to say anything ?

She uses Dragons.

They have bulk (most of the time) and are guaranteed to have fire moves.

Fire moves get dragon type in that field, and scizor resists dragon

So I have a question. Since every Pokemon is now available in episode 18, exactly how are they placed in the game? Are they placed the same way as obtainable earlier or have their events/locations been updated so that you can catch them sooner?

For example Magikarp is only available after renovating reborn, that to only with the thief event guy. Can Magikarp be available before renovating reborn now? If not then how is someone supposed to use it in a team when all the Pokemon in the party are most likely past level 65?

Or are we supposed to keep on changing our team and constantly level up like 50 different pokemon throughout the game for all 18 gym leaders?

Also will wild Pokemon like a Ponyta be available before a gym like Florina? Or a rock pokemon like aron will be available before fighting Serra? Or would we just have to make do with what's available?

Planning on the replaying the game after episode 19 so asking. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Zander said:

So I have a question. Since every Pokemon is now available in episode 18, exactly how are they placed in the game? Are they placed the same way as obtainable earlier or have their events/locations been updated so that you can catch them sooner?

For example Magikarp is only available after renovating reborn, that to only with the thief event guy. Can Magikarp be available before renovating reborn now? If not then how is someone supposed to use it in a team when all the Pokemon in the party are most likely past level 65?

Or are we supposed to keep on changing our team and constantly level up like 50 different pokemon throughout the game for all 18 gym leaders?

Also will wild Pokemon like a Ponyta be available before a gym like Florina? Or a rock pokemon like aron will be available before fighting Serra? Or would we just have to make do with what's available?

Planning on the replaying the game after episode 19 so asking. Thanks.

That is exactly one of the main points of reborn: you won´t be able to use the same 6 (or even less) pokemon to play through the entire game. Neither are you handed a bunch of pokemon early on that do exceptionally well against the next leader(s). The placement is not random, they put thought into it. So if it changes, the changes will probably be minimal.