E18 Obtainability Updates [Spoilers]

BIGJRA

3 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Ah I meant mons that can either be electric or steel (Ampharos, Jolteon, Klinklang, etc). 

Nah that would make the game too tough because of no good bulky pokemon available which also resists a ton of stuff

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Zander said:

Nah that would make the game too tough because of no good bulky pokemon available which also resists a ton of stuff

But there's plenty of decent mons that can take you through the game. Plus many leaders have been nerfed so it would make sense to take out mons that can deal with many important fights. Anyway I digress, so it's just mons that are already in game having their statuses updated for now.

The best electric type is...

The best steel type is...

Complete the sentences with the words below

Silvally

Silvally

Just kidding, but I love his event and it would be great to see something similar for legendaries or pseudo-legendaries too

3 hours ago, Zander said:

The only other electric steel type is Togedamaru which no one would probably even bother picking up. Klink is pretty decent steel type but then the player is deprived of a strong electric type that resists stuff.

Although this would make perfect sense on why to move Magnemite into the locked room, Give the worse Electric/Steel a chance to shine and keep the better one locked behind a quest.

Toged is a pretty good mon if you know how to use it. Since it's available, lock the Magnet away. 
Reborn has always focused on urging the players to use less appreciated mons, and think outside the box.

9 hours ago, Zander said:

Getting the Yuryeu key was a disaster for me because of the horrendous puzzle. With the key you could evolve Magneton into Magnezone. I think the puzzle is changed now but it was still bearable because you could get a Magneton without it and the offensive stats of Magneton and Magnezone are the same. But depriving the player of a whole good pokemon for a long time by locking it up behind a puzzle, especially after their team is probably already built is pretty bad.

All you have to do now to get the Yureyu key is do the Mulch quest, which is really simple. Its just late in the game.

Lickilicky in the wild, now that is quite nice, Depending on where you get to pick it up(Probably on whatever new route we gonna get access to, or around the circus), it could be quite usefull with it's 110/95/95 defenses and Cloud Nine for all those weather effects that exist everywhere.

13 hours ago, NickCrash said:

Toged is a pretty good mon if you know how to use it. Since it's available, lock the Magnet away. 
Reborn has always focused on urging the players to use less appreciated mons, and think outside the box.

Hmm that's true I guess. I felt that Magnemite was under appreciated because I never bothered using it but maybe now it's too popular. I'd never even thought that I would ever use a trubbish to beat the grass gym leader but it turned out to be the mvp. Maybe Togedamaru would do the same.

8 hours ago, wcv said:

All you have to do now to get the Yureyu key is do the Mulch quest, which is really simple. Its just late in the game.

You mean really really really late in the game. Like after battling the flying type gym leader late in the game. Like when your Pokemon are level 60 late into the game. Yeah no, nobody is going to bother changing their team at that point. It needs to be available when it's relevant at least because it's not as popular as a Garchomp or Metagross that everyone would love to improvise it into a team.

27 minutes ago, Zander said:

You mean really really really late in the game. Like after battling the flying type gym leader late in the game. Like when your Pokemon are level 60 late into the game. Yeah no, nobody is going to bother changing their team at that point. It needs to be available when it's relevant at least because it's not as popular as a Garchomp or Metagross that everyone would love to improvise it into a team.

what are you talking about i changed my team all the time i dont care what level they are in fact im going to do that again when episode 18 drops.

Edited by lordkillroy6667
messed up spelling

I also kept changing my team almost constantly to whatever I needed to beat whatever I had to beat, Like before E17 I actually trained a Mothim just to beat the bug leader and then never used it again, I also trained a Walrein just for the water leader.

Huh. Well I guess I'm the only guy who goes along with the same pokemon throughout the game. I thought it was more common to not change teams because it's more easier to adapt to challenges and you thoroughly know the capabilities of your pokemon. Also it's more fun for me that way so yeah.

@Zander Everyone has its taste 😛 I always prefer to use the same team throughout any game. However, on my first run I had to do LOTS of adaptations because of my lack of knowledge over pokemon's new generation mechanics. I just finished another run using the same team all along (well, I had to use A-Raichu in one Gym battle, but that was all), with a team I was testing. Now when E18 is released, I'll restart once again, with my team since lvl 5, just to see if they are as good as i think xD So, you are not alone.

2 hours ago, Zander said:

You mean lvl 75-80 into the game xd

58 minutes ago, MobiusFlip said:

Avalugg, Cloyster, Huntail, Gorebyss... looks like we're getting a new area of Ametrine (maybe not the Dratini room) or another similar place.

We are getting a new bit of Ametrine as rock climb is available (Dratini should be accessible by this).

1 hour ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

We are getting a new bit of Ametrine as rock climb is available (Dratini should be accessible by this).

The last dark material for the Dieno event is also apparently on top of one of the rock climb spots, along with the Larvitar. Almost all the pseudos are going to be available soon! Well, the ones that matter anyways. Except Bagon 😞 

Just got home and could double check if there been anything today yet, but no. But there should probably be one soon within like an hour or 2(Not sure what Ame's timezone is, could still be 23rd there for awhile more).

Updates has happened, Glaile, Frosslass and Bisharp has gone from evolve only to Catch/Repeat-Event

Edited by Khaisz
Don't wanna double post.

2 hours ago, Khaisz said:

Just got home and could double check if there been anything today yet, but no. But there should probably be one soon within like an hour or 2(Not sure what Ame's timezone is, could still be 23rd there for awhile more).

Updates has happened, Glaile, Frosslass and Bisharp has gone from evolve only to Catch/Repeat-Event

Also Clefairy has been changed from a single event to wild/repeatable event