E18 Obtainability Updates [Spoilers]

BIGJRA

40 minutes ago, LilyX said:

That is exactly one of the main points of reborn: you won´t be able to use the same 6 (or even less) pokemon to play through the entire game. Neither are you handed a bunch of pokemon early on that do exceptionally well against the next leader(s). The placement is not random, they put thought into it. So if it changes, the changes will probably be minimal.

I see. That sounds extremely tedious to do. I guess I won't mind doing it once so I can use less powerful pokemon but wow that's pretty damn tough.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Relinquished

Before i forget, is Litten and Oshawott obtainable, outside Team Magma/Aqua questlines, respectively? Somebody mentioned something about all non-legends being obtainable in the same save file *without trading*, so it gives off the impression that this is addressed already or something...

1 minute ago, robiseljak said:

Tedious? What's the point in even playing if you take a gyarados, salamence, gardevoir, metagross team at the start of the game. Might as well not play at all. 😄

Whoever in the world wants to play a game for the pure difficulty? Not me at least. Difficulty is cool to handle but if a game doesn't have a good story then I'm out. Even if it is regarded as the toughest game or challenge or whatever it doesn't matter if the story is not good. That's how I chose games at least.

There are ways to get whatever you want, whenever you want. Instead of crying about having to play the game the way the devs want it to be played why not find a way to play it how you want to if it's such a big deal to you? @Zander

19 minutes ago, Zander said:

Whoever in the world wants to play a game for the pure difficulty? Not me at least. Difficulty is cool to handle but if a game doesn't have a good story then I'm out. Even if it is regarded as the toughest game or challenge or whatever it doesn't matter if the story is not good. That's how I chose games at least.

If you want to use your favorite mons, you can just play Reborn Sandbox Mode. There you can generate whichever pokemon you want. You can even get the mega z-ring and every Mega Stone. You've said that you wanted the Metagrossite if i remember correctly ? Then that Mod would be for you. It even has Amethysts Approval.

What this game and mon placement hast teach me is to appreciate more mons than the ones I already loved. I'd never considered using hippowdon or gliscor for example but now I can't imagine my team without them (even over tyranitar depending on the moment). I think that is one of the greatest things about Reborn. Now larvitar will be released and tyranitar will still be my fab but it won't be my only choice 😁

That Moment when you're the only one who doesn't care about Scyther because:

1. You are already using Scizor in Desolation

and

2. You already have a great Steel Type aka Aegislash.

Still, i'm happy for all of you who finally get their Scizor.

Such a disappointment...unless Scizor is somehow delayed to after Hardy (Which would require him to be the leader fought in E18), that means that his team will now be literally forced to warp around the fact that there will be people using Scizor. Meaning basically every single one of his Mons will be forced to run some sort of Fire coverage, both limiting his options and punishing anyone who might want to use Mons that are weak to Fire, even moreso than normal.

Well, those of you who are excited for it, sure, go for it, not going to talk you out of it or anything. But as someone who actively avoids using Steel-types unless I have to because they, as well as the type itself, are so blatantly overpowered, I'll pass on it.

• Global Mods
7 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Before i forget, is Litten and Oshawott obtainable, outside Team Magma/Aqua questlines, respectively? Somebody mentioned something about all non-legends being obtainable in the same save file *without trading*, so it gives off the impression that this is addressed already or something...

If you couldn't get both, they would be marked as limited event still

7 hours ago, Zander said:

Well, there has been this diddly-doo the last couple of years. It was called "Dark Souls" or something. Apparently a lot of people liked it for some reason. Lot of people have their own reasons for playing stuff, I guess.

(But seriously, there's a difference between fair and unfair difficulty, and Reborn nudges far more to the latter. One is a rewarding challenge, the other is just infuriating.)

2 hours ago, Anstane said:

Such a disappointment...unless Scizor is somehow delayed to after Hardy (Which would require him to be the leader fought in E18), that means that his team will now be literally forced to warp around the fact that there will be people using Scizor. Meaning basically every single one of his Mons will be forced to run some sort of Fire coverage, both limiting his options and punishing anyone who might want to use Mons that are weak to Fire, even moreso than normal.

Well, those of you who are excited for it, sure, go for it, not going to talk you out of it or anything. But as someone who actively avoids using Steel-types unless I have to because they, as well as the type itself, are so blatantly overpowered, I'll pass on it.

That is if Hardy doesn't use a field that makes him dump on Scizor in that scenario. A lot of leaders turned out to be surprisingly tough, even when people used mons that would counter them. (A lot of people have bad memories about Charlotte. Or Titania. Or...)
You really don't think Ame would just give up on difficulty so far into the game, now?

5 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

Well, there has been this diddly-doo the last couple of years. It was called "Dark Souls" or something. Apparently a lot of people liked it for some reason. Lot of people have their own reasons for playing stuff, I guess.

(But seriously, there's a difference between fair and unfair difficulty, and Reborn nudges far more to the latter. One is a rewarding challenge, the other is just infuriating.)

That is if Hardy doesn't use a field that makes him dump on Scizor in that scenario. A lot of leaders turned out to be surprisingly tough, even when people used mons that would counter them. (A lot of people have bad memories about Charlotte. Or Titania. Or...)
You really don't think Ame would just give up on difficulty so far into the game, now?

What if we are gonna fight Hardy on the reverse field ?

4 hours ago, Anstane said:

Or.... or!!! We might actually need Scizor to be able to beat Hardy. I’m not really expecting Hardy to be an easy prey. Especially if it turns out that Saphira is the actual gym leader of E18. All mons being available at certain points in the game has a reason for its implementation and so-so.

I don't think anyone has asked this whole time but are there alolan variants of pokemon that have been unlocked that we just can't tell are unlocked ? Like, I'm pretty sure not all of them were release last time. Unless I am wrong, please correct me if so.

Just now, loveDBZ said:

I don't think anyone has asked this whole time but are there alolan variants of pokemon that have been unlocked that we just can't tell are unlocked ? Like, I'm pretty sure not all of them were release last time. Unless I am wrong, please correct me if so.

I think all the alolan variants are available as of this time. If looking for one specifically you can always ask in on the hunt about it.

49 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

Reborn has unfair difficulty? i disagree, the difficulty is fine, it seems mostly like the people who are reliant on Pokemon that are their favorites or are KNOWN for being incredibly strong in the main games and don't want to use a strategy to counter their struggles are the ones saying reborn is way too difficult. Name one part of reborn that is unfairly difficult, or one thing, every episode Ame carefully places Pokemon where they are best put for that progress of the game and sometimes tweaks where existing Pokemon can be found, but all of this is to inspire people to use things they would never use before and to give them a reason to try multiple playthroughs with different Pokemon, in fact it is dark souls that i would say is unfairly difficult and the community for it do not help in the slightest given if you seek help for it you will only be told to get good, which helps no one but that's another topic. The point is i have not seen one single part of reborn that is so difficult it could be considered unfair.

2 hours ago, Lord Drakyle said:

Name one part of reborn that is unfairly difficult,

Feild effects. They are always in favor of the opponent. The only way to get around feild effects are using a specific pokemon/type of Pokemon usually available in front of the gym or have moves that change the feild. Both strategies effectively eat into a person's team and move sets.

If you play competitive pokemon, stuff like Naganadel was made Ubers because you needed to carry a specific pokemon/type to beat it in OU which does not adhere to the spirit of fair play. In that respect Reborn is massively unfair as it makes you change your Pokemon team and moves constantly thus not allowing free will to a player unless they want to suffer badly.

I mean... I've personally gone through the game before with a single team of 6 and had no need to make substitutions.  If you're formulating the right team, then you shouldn't even need to adapt.  Though if you don't, adaptability is something that's just key to Reborn.  The field effects keep battles from feeling stale because there are always new factors to keep track of instead of just sending out a pokemon and spamming super effective moves.  And at the end of the day, it's not like field effects only positively affect your opponent.  If you're not looking to take advantage of the field effects, change them to your benefit, or finding a way to work around them, then you're not learning to adapt.  It's frustrating and annoying perhaps, but it's also something that feels rewarding as hell when pulled off correctly.  In the words of probably some old geezer, if you want to be the revered trainer of legend to save the Reborn Region, you've got to learn to outwit, outplay, and outsmart your opponents

33 minutes ago, Zander said:

Feild effects. They are always in favor of the opponent. The only way to get around feild effects are using a specific pokemon/type of Pokemon usually available in front of the gym or have moves that change the feild. Both strategies effectively eat into a person's team and move sets.

If you play competitive pokemon, stuff like Naganadel was made Ubers because you needed to carry a specific pokemon/type to beat it in OU which does not adhere to the spirit of fair play. In that respect Reborn is massively unfair as it makes you change your Pokemon team and moves constantly thus not allowing free will to a player unless they want to suffer badly.

If you think that having diverse teams, constantly changing movesets and to willingly learn and adapt to these field effects are all but a hassle, then maybe this isn’t the game for you my g. Reborn caters and specializes on experimentation and variety. If you just play it like any normal Pokemon game or fan games like Insurgence, then you don’t get to appreciate Reborn fully as a whole in my opinion.