The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

2 hours ago, Draconis said:
  Hide contents

Anyone wanna play "Guess the PULSE Clawitzer's Typing"?

Spoiler

Most likely a Water/Electric, Water/Steel, or Water/Fighting, because it's basically a living weapon (and a lobster). I guess Fighting type to take advantage of both Mega Launcher and Aura Sphere, but the first two types seem more fitting, also, it can learn Flash Cannon too to use the steel type.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:08 PM, Draconis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Anyone wanna play "Guess the PULSE Clawitzer's Typing"?

Spoiler

I don't know about you guys but this PULSE Clawitzer always reminds me of Volcanion. Still, I agree with either Water/Dragon or Water/Steel.

First time here in the hype thread. Read a few of the past pages. I see the fans want to see Fern hanged. I'm down with that.

I'll have to revisit some of the story details and I still have a few side quests to finish on ep18. Hopefully there's some new info by the time I'm done.

Can't wait for them plot twists.

Fern is a paradoxum in itself XD.

On one side you are just laughing at him, because he is a pathetic loser who wants to be the cool kid and the top dog so badly that he projects his inferiority complex onto everyone around him by just hating everyone and being an a-hole all the time. The boy knows damn well that he is nothing, so he puts up his tough act to a point where he managed to lie even to himself, so now he really believes that he is the top dog he always claims to be. Just to be stomped by the player over and over again. You can't really take him serious, as all he ever does is running his mouth.

On the other side there is the fact that his attitude just fricks you off, as he bullies people just to feel superior, laughs at a desperate man's suicide, and even goes all the way to betray his own family by joining Team Meteor, not because he agrees with their ideology, but simply because he wants to prove he is the top dog he always claims to be. Whatever he does, he just makes you want to punch his face over and over and over again.

So yeah, on one side you can't take him serious and always want to laugh at just how pathetic he is, on the other hand you just want to see him dead. It's a paradoxum in itself.

A paradoxum indeed.

Still, I can't help but think, that Fern is just putting up a smokescreen. A facade. I remember now, from day one of his betrayal, I got a feeling he was up to something. Perhaps it's all a show, and in reality he plans to take down the whole crime syndicate in a self sacrifice, waiting for an opportune moment. Too Farfetch'd?

Right now, Fern is more or less a straight out Hate Sink character, just like Blake or maybe Elias. He could well be playing a long con with Team Meteor, but from what we have seen until now, it's not easy, and it will anyways leave plenty of things for him to be hated for (just like characters like Severus Snape from Harry Potter)

1 hour ago, kithas said:

Right now, Fern is more or less a straight out Hate Sink character, just like Blake or maybe Elias. He could well be playing a long con with Team Meteor, but from what we have seen until now, it's not easy, and it will anyways leave plenty of things for him to be hated for (just like characters like Severus Snape from Harry Potter)

Only that Snape is more likeable than Fern in many ways

1 minute ago, ShogokiX said:

I meant in the way that both were bullies (Snape even came from a position of power as a teacher) and imagining a scene with Fern being killed by Lin after showing the good guys how he was actually always a hero by sacrificing himself.

3 hours ago, kithas said:

I don't think Elias qualifies as he is one of the members that is on the lighter shade of black Team Meteor has going on, Blake on the other hand could qualify but we don't see much of him. IMO out of the other Team Meteor members not named Lin Sirius fits the bill pretty well, in some cases he is even worse than Fern.

15 hours ago, SHAGGYSmurf said:

A paradoxum indeed.

Still, I can't help but think, that Fern is just putting up a smokescreen. A facade. I remember now, from day one of his betrayal, I got a feeling he was up to something. Perhaps it's all a show, and in reality he plans to take down the whole crime syndicate in a self sacrifice, waiting for an opportune moment. Too Farfetch'd?

I had never considered it, but I have to admit it might make sense. If it is the case, though, we are probably going to get a gruesome death (or fate worse than death or whatever) related to the discovery. Perhaps Fern will get killed, perhaps Florinia (because he cares for her in his own way), perhaps Aya (easiest because a hostage), perhaps someone else. But it would be very unlike this game to let Fern pull that off without any of the “good guys” dying. 

One way or another there will be deaths in EP19. Fern of course would be on a very high spot on a lot of people's wishlist, but the real question is: How many people will die, and where is the unexpected plot twist?

Maybe the plot twist is that Lin was actually a good girl, trying to save all of us, and the real evil was Budew all along!

23 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Not really. Fern at least has the excuse of being a stupid teenager who might grow out of it. Snape was a grown man who still got his rocks off bullying children, to the point one of them was more terrified of him than literally anything else. The man had no redeeming characteristics.

• Thanks 1

Fern is likely going to help fight against team meteor once he's backed up against a corner in the interest of self preservation and probably be targeted from his betrayal. I have a hard time believing he would be killed and would be saved by his own sister 

1 hour ago, L__Haze said:

Fern is likely going to help fight against team meteor once he's backed up against a corner in the interest of self preservation and probably be targeted from his betrayal. I have a hard time believing he would be killed and would be saved by his own sister 

This. Way more likely than a redemption cliche. He will not die, and after all, it seems he really does care about Florinia in his own way, as mentioned above - like, he knows it would be much better if she was finally able to cope with her feelings. I dont think he would seriously hurt anyone by a direct act, he would like to be the best, but through a rather regular competition (in the school he was respected) or joining the power house. I just cant wait for a clash between these sibilings, the outcome gonna be interesting - Florinia applying ''corrections'' to Fern, or Fern actually winning at last.