The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Once my school finals are over I'm gonna do a mono poison run from the start of the game. The real question is, should I see how things play out in the Zekrom route or

Spoiler

should I go for the secret Anna postgame route? I didn't get it on my main save cause I fought Sigmund at Yureyu back in V18

10 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

should I see how things play out in the Zekrom route

You can play out the Zekrom route AND

Spoiler

see the Anna route too, by denying Taka at both the WTC and in the desert. 

34 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

You can play out the Zekrom route AND

Hide contents

see the Anna route too, by denying Taka at both the WTC and in the desert. 

Spoiler

Erm no, denying Taka in the desert will still let you be on Reshiram but turn off Anna Smiles later.

1 hour ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Reveal hidden contents

Erm no, denying Taka in the desert will still let you be on Reshiram but turn off Anna Smiles later.

Huh? As far as I know, 

Spoiler

As long as you've done all six things to activate "Anna Smiles:" 

1. Expose Corey 

2. Beat Garchomp

3. Fight Sirius at Yureyu, then stop Connal at Belrose

4. Side with Radomus

5. Deny Blake the Ruby Ring every time he demands it

6. Don't fight Taka at WTC

Then nothing short of losing to kid Lin (and not resetting) can put you off the Anna route. It shouldn't matter if you let Taka go with you in the desert or not.

Man, this is confusing... 

19 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

Huh? As far as I know, 

Hide contents

1. Expose Corey 

2. Beat Garchomp

4. Side with Radomus

Then nothing short of losing to kid Lin (and not resetting) can put you off the Anna route. It shouldn't matter if you let Taka go with you in the desert or not.

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure you need to be on the Reshiram route to get the Anna postgame

1 hour ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

Huh? As far as I know, 

Hide contents

1. Expose Corey 

2. Beat Garchomp

4. Side with Radomus

It does matter. Your knowledge is simply inadequate.

Spoiler

If taka go away is on (you refuse taka in the desert), then anna smiles is turned off

• Documented 1

Okie dokie! After a talk on Discord with ngoc, I now know that

Spoiler

Anna route can only ever be on Reshiram path, while Lin route can be either Reshiram or Zekrom. The full reqs for Anna are:

Spoiler

1. Expose Corey

2. Beat Garchomp

3. Fight Sirius at Yureyu

4. Stop Connal at Belrose

5. Side with Radomus

6. Never give Blake the Ruby Ring

7. Refuse to fight Taka

8. Go with Taka in the desert 

9. Defeat baby Lin

Thanks for the clarification, ngoc. ^_^

Christ, my profile picture is ugly, I had terrible standards. Can't believe E19 is in open beta, I've been playing this game off and on for years. Really excited to drag my friend into this after we complete our Platinum nuzlocke. I've been raring at what the whole story's gonna be

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mmmmmhhhhh, SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! 😊

Currently at Lapis Ward in my first full E19 playthrough :3

Aaah, the early game is so good!! 

Also, I noticed something... 

Spoiler

The files Sigmund has on his patients all contain pretty accurate diagnoses (except for the crap he just makes up). 

So because some files, like Saphira's, can't be trusted, I didn't think too much about Anna's diagnosis (since obviously, Sigmund has no way of interpreting Anna's powers any differently). But after playing Anna's path, this hits very differently...! Weird as it is - Sigmund actually predicted her postgame schizophrenia symptoms (such as feeling stalked by Lin, hallucinating the player as Lin, and so on). 

Man...! O.o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vulnona said:

Also, I noticed something... 

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

Yeah. I think that might be the case. 

I've even written an entire comment about this on Leo's channel:

That makes me think that Sigmund himself might've been mentally ill himself.

If you look at the reports led by him about his protégés, you'll notice that all are well-written, and very accurate, from a normal human's point of view at least (that means: by NPC's, not player's). Sigmund wasn't lying when claiming he had worked for the 'Doctor' title

Problem? He was constantly thinking that electroshock therapy was the right, and the best, choice. Remember his backstory? When his younger sister Elizabeth had some kind of disease, and doctors suggested using ECT because apparently standard medicine wasn't working (because Sigmund was helping in disposing of it, seeing how Lizzy hated it)? And she, without anyone's knowledge, overdosed medicine and died because of it?

Sigmund was probably thinking that doctor was right all along, and electroshocks would help her. And if his father wasn't neglecting and arguing with qualified medics...

That was the turning point in his life - he become a Doctor himself for the sole purpose of helping younger and "mentally ill" children to get in the track. And I believe he would be extremely good at it, was it not for the electroshock therapy. Maybe he had been using it from time to time, and in certain situations, but as the time was going, Sigmund was becoming more and more obsessed with them, to the point of believing that it was the only solution for all kinds of diseases. He also was turning to be more like his father he despised - cynical, stiff and "omniscient".

To believe that before Lizzy's accidental suicide, he wasn't different from any other boy; he liked to play, read superhero comics, spent time with siblings and friends, and disliked studying...

Sigmund Connal in-game was one of the most tragic characters in Pokemon Reborn.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

As of October 9, I've cleared postgame twice! Made a second save at the WTC so I could go back to it after beating my first run. 

Spoiler

My God! Both the Lin and Anna routes were roller coasters! But they both told masterful stories. I'll be writing a comprehensive review soon. ^_^

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2022 at 1:37 AM, Egzample said:

Guys, guys. Polish translation incoming after the final release. Stay tuned, a club will be created shortly.

@Oscarus @bobirobi20

It took me a while, but finally I managed to find some time to start this project. I created a club (linked below) in which I'll post updates and the whole thing when it is ready. A feedback and numerous participation is welcomed!

• Like 1