The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

It's not only the dragon type gym that's gonna be interesting. The elite 4 will be a nice challenge as well. Although i am really excited to see who the actual elite 4 will be. Since we do not know yet what kind of things will happen in EP19 there might be a chance that some of the current elite 4 members are replaced due to the events of EP19.

• Veterans
6 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

It's not only the dragon type gym that's gonna be interesting. The elite 4 will be a nice challenge as well. Although i am really excited to see who the actual elite 4 will be. Since we do not know yet what kind of things will happen in EP19 there might be a chance that some of the current elite 4 members are replaced due to the events of EP19.

who knows

maybe i'll kill someone

4 hours ago, andracass said:

who knows

maybe i'll kill someone

She's a murderous one.....i like that!

Can i vote for someone to die?

I'd like to see Fern getting murdered by a legendary Pokémon.....preferably by Mewtwo! Would be nice to see him trying to capture Mewtwo, badmouthing it as it refuses to be captured by this idiot, and then Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to smack Fern into a wall, leaving a huge bloodstain, picking his still alive body up (again, with its psychic powers) and make it explode like Frieza did with Krillin. And Fern screaming in pain during all of that.... Blood everywhere, and then you can fight (and capture) Mewtwo!

Whatever you guys have planned for Mewtwo, THIS is what needs to happen at the end of it's quest^^

On 3/19/2020 at 4:15 AM, ShogokiX said:

She's a murderous one.....i like that!

Can i vote for someone to die?

I'd like to see Fern getting murdered by a legendary Pokémon.....preferably by Mewtwo! Would be nice to see him trying to capture Mewtwo, badmouthing it as it refuses to be captured by this idiot, and then Mewtwo uses its psychic powers to smack Fern into a wall, leaving a huge bloodstain, picking his still alive body up (again, with its psychic powers) and make it explode like Frieza did with Krillin. And Fern screaming in pain during all of that.... Blood everywhere, and then you can fight (and capture) Mewtwo!

Whatever you guys have planned for Mewtwo, THIS is what needs to happen at the end of it's quest^^

Well...that isn't too OOC for game!Mewtwo to do, it is a savage animal that thinks of nothing but combat after all. (Its a shame that besides Pokemon Origins, everyone ignores game!Mewtwo because it isn't sentient/sapient, whatever the correct wording is, like anime!Mewtwo.)

1 hour ago, The Swordsman said:

Well...that isn't too OOC for game!Mewtwo to do, it is a savage animal that thinks of nothing but combat after all. (Its a shame that besides Pokemon Origins, everyone ignores game!Mewtwo because it isn't sentient/sapient, whatever the correct wording is, like anime!Mewtwo.)

Yes, that is what i was getting at. In the anime Mewtwo is portrayed as a being of very high intelligence and immense power that is driven by a strong desire for revenge and hatred. Now there is a scene in the movie (that was deleted everywhere outside of japan, as far as i know) where Mewtwo is depicted as a "child" inside its test tube, and in a place inside its mind it meets a few other Pokémon and a human child. Those other Pokémon and the little girl are clones as well (and are also in test tubes inside the lab), and they become friends with Mewtwo. However, while Mewtwo's body is stable and growing as expected, the bodies of the other Pokémon and even the girl are failing one after another, which leads to their deaths (well, you get why this scene was deleted). Of course Mewtwo is angry as it realizes that it and its friends where nothing more than science projects conducted by greedy scientists, and you know the rest of the story. Mewtwo breaks free, destroys the lab, creates an army of clones to conquer the world and is stopped by Ash and Mew.

However, in the games Mewtwo's backstory is entirely different. It is not a clone that was raised in a test tube, but the scientists managed to capture a wild Mew. Through manipulation of its genetics this Mew gives birth to a living Pokémon that is named Mewtwo. What happened to Mew after that is not further described, however, it is known that Mewtwo was very aggressive from the day of its birth and got even more aggressive as its powers got stronger by every day. In the end it breaks free and destroys the lab where it was created, and next thing that we know is that the player could catch it at its hideout. This version of Mewtwo is still depicted as crazy strong, yet there is not a single word on how intelligent it is. For all we know it COULD be as smart as its anime counterpart, but could also possess no intelligence at all and could be driven by instinct alone, with its instincts telling it that everyone and everything is a potential enemy it needs to strike down.

Now it would not be too far off for Reborn to feature a legendary quest line where Team Meteor scientists (or any one else crazy and power hungry enough) attempt to create yet another Mewtwo, which might yet be even more aggressive than even the anime or official game version, to a point where it just murders everyone in cold blood who dares to approach it. I mean, there is already that Type:Null that killed its creator, as it remembers being put together from parts of several Pokémon that were killed for this cause. And heck, who better to be killed off by Mewtwo than mr. "I am the top dog and the cool cat" himself? It's definetly what Mewtwo would do, if a brat like that were to piss it off....

Edited by ShogokiX

You guys argue about this legendary, or that legendary, but you have to realize that the one and only legendary that you need, and already is in Ep18 is our lord and savior... PHIONE. Can'st thou heretics appreciate the mighty beast that is Phione? Instead of arguing about legendaries, argue about Phione. Because Phione shall be the beast that will silence the heretics, and will bring light to the darkest corners. Fear, for Phione has arrived, lurking in the desert, waiting for it's legendary call...

2 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yes, that is what i was getting at. In the anime Mewtwo is portrayed as a being of very high intelligence and immense power that is driven by a strong desire for revenge and hatred. Now there is a scene in the movie (that was deleted everywhere outside of japan, as far as i know) where Mewtwo is depicted as a "child" inside its test tube, and in a place inside its mind it meets a few other Pokémon and a human child. Those other Pokémon and the little girl are clones as well (and are also in test tubes inside the lab), and they become friends with Mewtwo. However, while Mewtwo's body is stable and growing as expected, the bodies of the other Pokémon and even the girl are failing one after another, which leads to their deaths (well, you get why this scene was deleted). Of course Mewtwo is angry as it realizes that it and its friends where nothing more than science projects conducted by greedy scientists, and you know the rest of the story. Mewtwo breaks free, destroys the lab, creates an army of clones to conquer the world and is stopped by Ash and Mew.

However, in the games Mewtwo's backstory is entirely different. It is not a clone that was raised in a test tube, but the scientists managed to capture a wild Mew. Through manipulation of its genetics this Mew gives birth to a living Pokémon that is named Mewtwo. What happened to Mew after that is not further described, however, it is known that Mewtwo was very aggressive from the day of its birth and got even more aggressive as its powers got stronger by every day. In the end it breaks free and destroys the lab where it was created, and next thing that we know is that the player could catch it at its hideout. This version of Mewtwo is still depicted as crazy strong, yet there is not a single word on how intelligent it is. For all we know it COULD be as smart as its anime counterpart, but could also possess no intelligence at all and could be driven by instinct alone, with its instincts telling it that everyone and everything is a potential enemy it needs to strike down.

Now it would not be too far off for Reborn to feature a legendary quest line where Team Meteor scientists (or any one else crazy and power hungry enough) attempt to create yet another Mewtwo, which might yet be even more aggressive than even the anime or official game version, to a point where it just murders everyone in cold blood who dares to approach it. I mean, there is already that Type:Null that killed its creator, as it remembers being put together from parts of several Pokémon that were killed for this cause. And heck, who better to be killed off by Mewtwo than mr. "I am the top dog and the cool cat" himself? It's definetly what Mewtwo would do, if a brat like that were to piss it off....

I think Mewtwo and Mew will be involved in a sidequest with the glitch world, since you actually face that Mewtwo. Another twist will be that Mewtwo escapes from that world, and you Somehow need Mew's help, i dunno, it may be fitting, considering it's role in the movie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gastronely said:

I think Mewtwo and Mew will be involved in a sidequest with the glitch world, since you actually face that Mewtwo. Another twist will be that Mewtwo escapes from that world, and you Somehow need Mew's help, i dunno, it may be fitting, considering it's role in the movie

Yeah, about that...i don't think Ame will be going for the anime Mewtwo route. So far Reborn reminded me way more of the Pokémon manga, which actually shows off levels of brutality towards both humans and Pokémon that would never make it into the anime. I don't know if Ame ever read the manga, but damn, the similarities at some points are just too perfect to be a coincidence. Just judging by that i'd say that Mewtwo in Reborn won't be like the "nice" one from the movies that decided to let go of its hatred and thirst for revenge in the end.

Also just taking the Mewtwo from the glitch world would be WAY too easy in my opinion, in terms of creativity. After all the player defeated that Mewtwo already to get past it and face Terra. And i bet Ame won't waste the chance to create an awesome quest for a Pokémon with that much backstory. I mean, there are aready some nice details in the game that are official canon but are never used outside of Pokédex entries in the official games. Like Absol appearing whenever desaster is about to happen, or Drifloon abducting children for example.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah, about that...i don't think Ame will be going for the anime Mewtwo route. So far Reborn reminded me way more of the Pokémon manga, which actually shows off levels of brutality towards both humans and Pokémon that would never make it into the anime. I don't know if Ame ever read the manga, but damn, the similarities at some points are just too perfect to be a coincidence. Just judging by that i'd say that Mewtwo in Reborn won't be like the "nice" one from the movies that decided to let go of its hatred and thirst for revenge in the end.

Also just taking the Mewtwo from the glitch world would be WAY too easy in my opinion, in terms of creativity. After all the player defeated that Mewtwo already to get past it and face Terra. And i bet Ame won't waste the chance to create an awesome quest for a Pokémon with that much backstory. I mean, there are aready some nice details in the game that are official canon but are never used outside of Pokédex entries in the official games. Like Absol appearing whenever desaster is about to happen, or Drifloon abducting children for example.

I mean, I don't they would go the movie way, or even the Rejuvenation way. Considering that the progress bars for the Mews are going at the same pace, their sidequest most likely will be related. And, yeah, we will probably have a blood thirsty Mewtwo, going the anime way will be way to cliche, at least in Mewtwo's personality, but, again, it wouldn't be too farfetched that Mew will be an important part of it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to their development, I'm sure there will be interesting stuff with the legendaries

It would makes sense that the legendary quests for Mew and Mewtwo are linked in some way. After all, no matter if anime, games, or even the manga, Mewtwo is a genetically enhanced copy of Mew, with said genetics modified to be stronger than the original.

However, it is still possible to give both of them their own quests that do share the part of Mewtwo being created from Mew, but split up at some point. Mew could go into hiding after what scientists did to it, while Mewtwo wrecks havoc after its escape from the lab. It could also be possible that you need to find and capture Mew first (and have it on your team) in order to access the place where Mewtwo is going berserk, as only Mew is able to shield the player from Mewtwo's immense powers. That way both Pokémon would have their own unique quests that are still linked to another in a meaningful way.

This is how i would try to do it, but of course we will see which way Ame will do it as soon as EP19 is released. That of course might still take a while, but this game is worth waiting for it.

Also, since you haven't read the manga, here is just a small outtake of what i meant by "levels of brutality" in the manga @Amethyst

Spoiler

250px-Arbok_Cut_large.png.49633141a5a8e3dab4865e7b8176c7bb.png

And yes, depictions like that are quite common in the manga, especially around members of Team Rocket or the other evil teams. Like i said, Reborn reminds me of the manga, and i like it!

Edited by ShogokiX

19 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

This version of Mewtwo is still depicted as crazy strong, yet there is not a single word on how intelligent it is. For all we know it COULD be as smart as its anime counterpart, but could also possess no intelligence at all and could be driven by instinct alone, with its instincts telling it that everyone and everything is a potential enemy it needs to strike down.

Well considering it can only make the basic pokemon noises in game before attacking I doubt it is.

16 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Well Pokemon Adventures did tend to be one of the more faithful adaptions unlike the anime, which could be the reason they seem so similar as Amethyst has done her best to insert Reborn into the world of the games and stick to it's rules. This really stands out to me as most people I've seen (heck even Hollywood with Detective Pikachu) tend to go with the anime. So I agree that is likely that this Mewtwo will not be the one from the anime and to be honest I will be extremely disappointed if it is.

I am kinda missing the "we are over 50% now" hype

Then again, there were people who were like "The game will be out soon! Progress is over 95%" a year ago, not realizing, or maybe even straight out ignoring the fact that this progress was only the story progress, not the actual total progress of the episode 19 XD

2 hours ago, Draconis said:

Your Charizard seems to have an eye problem. 

Are you body shaming his Charizard? Are you that vain of a person? Don't you know that pokemon may have disabilities? Not everyone is perfect, but we could live together if we just learn to accept everyone. Just because his Charizard doesn't have an eye doesn't mean it is a worse pokemon, it just means that is different...

Spoiler

It's a joke btw, just in case

Edited by Gastronely

1 hour ago, Gastronely said:

Are you body shaming his Charizard? Are you that vain of a person? Don't you know that pokemon may have disabilities? Not everyone is perfect, but we could live together if we just learn to accept everyone. Just because his Charizard doesn't have an eye doesn't mean it is a worse pokemon, it just means that is different...

Reveal hidden contents

It's a joke btw, just in case

Actually... red eyes like that could be a sign of something wrong within the eye itself which could lead to something far more life threatening depending on whats causing such red eyes for Charizard... 

55 minutes ago, Kyublivion said:

Actually... red eyes like that could be a sign of something wrong within the eye itself which could lead to something far more life threatening depending on whats causing such red eyes for Charizard...

And what if it's just a trait of it's race? Are you shaming that Charizard because of it's race? Races are not diseases, races are culture, and culture keeps the world together, so it's obviously clear that all of you have serious problems regarding to acceptation of other different beings...

51 minutes ago, Gastronely said:

And what if it's just a trait of it's race? Are you shaming that Charizard because of it's race? Races are not diseases, races are culture, and culture keeps the world together, so it's obviously clear that all of you have serious problems regarding to acceptation of other different beings...

Not at all, i was merely concerned because of health problems typically caused by Sclera that red. 

Edited by Kyublivion