The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

4 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

You can ask Lin for that. Saphira's too nice/steeped in revenge to do that.

Haxorus will just casually give it some jabs. 

Overall Im just hoping that her team poses a real and memorable challenges, like got me pulling my hair in frustration and shifting Pokemons around and tweaking movesets. Titania's and Amaria's teams did a really good job at that, even when I already knew what's gonna be in the team. Hardy's team is really underwhelming. Rock type is weak to both Mach Punch and Bullet Punch, and his team members dont really have high defenses. Mega Aerodactyl and Gigalith may be the only ones that can pose a challenge, but they're brought out to early. Arceops did give me a headache though.

Funny enough I've ALWAYS struggled with Hardy's gym, that i had to come up with ridiculous strategies to win. On the other side, people say that Corey's battle is sooo hard, but in my seven playtroughs, I've never broke a sweat with him...

1 hour ago, Gastronely said:

Funny enough I've ALWAYS struggled with Hardy's gym, that i had to come up with ridiculous strategies to win. On the other side, people say that Corey's battle is sooo hard, but in my seven playtroughs, I've never broke a sweat with him...

I think it all boils down to getting the proper counters. For my run, I started with Hitmontop who slammed Mega Aerodactyl with a Fake Out, and Sand Rush Excadrill who took advantage of the sandstorm produced by Gigalith and KO Mega Aerodactyl with an Iron Head. Gigalith KO Excadrill with a Rock Smash, then I brought out Metagross and together with Hitmontop KO Gigalith with two Bullet Punchs. After Hitmontop is KO I used Scizor with Bullet Punch and Choice Specs Greninja with Water Shuriken to finish the fight.

In the New World Field, most of the boosted moves are signature moves of legendary Pokemon. That makes me think we will start the legendary sidequest in a new world, like a different world or a different timeline. Or maybe in the past timeline. It doesn't make sense in terms of lore for legendary pokemons to just casually appear around Reborn. As the lore goes, Reborn is the a new city, only 10 years old or so. And Pokemons have to be imported from other regions in the beginning. Surely no one thought it was a great idea to perform a contraband operation and sneak a Groudon in one of those craters did them.

I also suspect that Heather is gonna get a new field for herself. Right before I took on Hardy's gym I thought I was gonna fight on a Cave Terrain, but it turned out he has his own Rocky Field that isnt encountered anywhere else. I think her field is gonna be a Playground, cuz she's a kid. One of its effect I've thought of is that Baby Doll's Eyes is gonna lower Attack by two stages, cuz you're not supposed to go hard on a kid.

• Like 1

Well, by now Hardy should be used to getting his face planted to the ground. First he takes a nap on the floor in Agate City, then he takes a Nap on the dirt of Route 2.....why not take a Nap on the floor of his own gym XD.

Just as Draconis said, a Metagross can help with that....

2 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Well, by now Hardy should be used to getting his face planted to the ground. First he takes a nap on the floor in Agate City, then he takes a Nap on the dirt of Route 2.....why not take a Nap on the floor of his own gym XD.

Just as Draconis said, a Metagross can help with that....

You forgot the nap on the elevator floor.

I think Lin is Player 2 in this game. Sort of Meta-NPC NPC. While the main character started as a new trainer in the region, Lin the Player 2 started as a new recruit in Team Meteor. Her narcolepsy is basically the result of Player 2 turning off the game and doing some other things. After we complete the game we can unlock the Lin mode in which we start from the very beginning but as Lin the grunt instead.

On 4/17/2020 at 4:38 AM, nguyengiangoc said:

Overall Im just hoping that her team poses a real and memorable challenges, like got me pulling my hair in frustration and shifting Pokemons around and tweaking movesets.

While there were times I was pulling my hair as well, I never changed my team (besides replacing pokemon that were placeholders for the ones I wanted but weren't available yet) and most my team is composed of Pokemon the competitive community don't consider to be "good".  Which is why I still consider the difficulty to be mostly fair. (the only black stain being the new PULSE2s and yes I do think the gauntlet is fair unlike the new PULSE2s despite the PULSE2s technically being easier) I honestly do not want the game to become so difficult you are forced to not use certain pokemon, just for the sake of being overly difficult. There is far more to this game then just the challenging difficulty and Dark Souls 2 went that route and its the black sheep of the Souls series. Besides we're all going to lose the luxury to switch out Pokemon come the Elite Four.

• Like 2

I have no worries about the difficulty for EP19. Up until now Ame managed to to keep Reborn challenging, yet never unfair throughout the game up to the current end of Ep18.

Yes, some of the major battles seem quite difficult at first (mostly depending on your current Pokémon team, but sometimes also depending on your skill as a player), but in my opinion that is just part of what makes the game so much fun to play.

Figuring out how to beat the opponent you're currently stuck at, putting your skills as a Pokémon trainer to the test as you are trying to come up with a strategy to counter your opponent.

It just feels rewarding to win against opponents who, even though they are "just" NPCs, are actually capable of tearing you a new one if you challenge them unprepared. You never get this feeling of accomplishment from the official games.

As we are approaching the max level of 100 in EP19, there won't be any room to give an opponent one Pokémon on their team that is 2 or 3 levels higher than your current level cap, as it was the case with many of the major battles in the second half of the game in EP18. And as we do have access to both Mega Evolution and Z-Moves there needs to be a way to provide challenge. PULSE2 Pokémon will be that extra challenge, but we don't know for sure how strong those are going to be in the end. If Ame feels like they are too strong as they currently are, they will do some changes to rebalance them during the testing prior to the release of EP19.

Unless of course the level cap will go beyond level 100. To be honest, i never played a Pokémon fan game with level caps higher than 100, so i can't judge how this would impact the game, but i feel like simply raising the level cap is not the right way.

16 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

You forgot the nap on the elevator floor.

When I think of that now, I cannot recall any pun regarding Hardy sleeping 3 out of 4 times we ever meet him (except for the gym fight), This must be fixed before the final episode, definitely.

On 4/19/2020 at 1:24 AM, Egzample said:

When I think of that now, I cannot recall any pun regarding Hardy sleeping 3 out of 4 times we ever meet him (except for the gym fight), This must be fixed before the final episode, definitely.

Hardy is not sleeping XD

We're all just imagining things! He is learning! Studying the insides of his eyelids.

Truly a man of immense wisdom, he may ascend to the heavens and beyond, for he has seen the truth that lies beneath a mans eyelids!

Or maybe he's really just sleeping.....lazy bum....

• Veterans
4 hours ago, MachoPony said:

honestly idk if this is by design or a bug, but he literally did nothing against my icemono but spam rock slide, to which i retaliated with wide guard and blizzard to sweep him without losing a single HP

are you referring to the choice banded gigalith

• Like 1
  • Hmm 1

I think the legendaries we're gonna catch are not like actual legendaries in the world of Reborn, cuz there are no legendaries lore-wise, except Arceus if the legends can be believed. And in the previous time line, Team Meteor succeeded in achieving their goals, which may mean they open the seal for the Meteor, and that didnt end well. That means in this timeline Arceus must remain sealed. And that means we're gonna catch it in a different world, the "New World". And I think Lin will have Terra create a simulated world in a PC like Glitch World, so that Lin and the player can travel inside and catch Arceus. That might also explain how Lin will end up with one and the player will end up with another one.

6 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

I think the legendaries we're gonna catch are not like actual legendaries in the world of Reborn, cuz there are no legendaries lore-wise, except Arceus if the legends can be believed. And in the previous time line, Team Meteor succeeded in achieving their goals, which may mean they open the seal for the Meteor, and that didnt end well. That means in this timeline Arceus must remain sealed. And that means we're gonna catch it in a different world, the "New World". And I think Lin will have Terra create a simulated world in a PC like Glitch World, so that Lin and the player can travel inside and catch Arceus. That might also explain how Lin will end up with one and the player will end up with another one.

Ok, you lost me.

Basically he's talking about parallel timelines. One were Team Meteor succeeded in carrying out their plans, but caused a horrible aftermath. And one were Team Meteor's ambitions must be stopped at all costs to prevent said horrible aftermath from happening.

However, timeline theories are a really complex thing to mess with, as you can create multiple paradoxes faster than you may notice. Fans of the Zelda franchise might know what i am talking about XD