The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

15 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

How competitively viable is Pyroar actually?

Pyroar is currently in the PUBL tier in the smogon metagame, which means is banned from PU, but doesn't quite make the cut in NU, since it's outclassed by Incineroar as a fire type, and as a special attacker by like, the entire tier

14 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Pyroar is currently in the PUBL tier in the smogon metagame, which means is banned from PU, but doesn't quite make the cut in NU, since it's outclassed by Incineroar as a fire type, and as a special attacker by like, the entire tier

That doesn't sound like a good candidate for E4 caliber.

On 5/1/2020 at 9:14 PM, nguyengiangoc said:

Assuming Elias is gonna use a Normal type team, I suspect his team members can be among the following:

[suggestions]

- Slaking/Snorlax

I haven't seen anyone make this point, but Elias can't use Snorlax or Slaking, because sloth and gluttony are deadly sins. These Pokemon would even have to be curbed on a Holy Field...

1 hour ago, Mindlack said:

I haven't seen anyone make this point, but Elias can't use Snorlax or Slaking, because sloth and gluttony are deadly sins. These Pokemon would even have to be curbed on a Holy Field...

Maybe Ame will pull a plot twist and have Elias battling us with two consecutive teams, and the first one is a team of Six Deadly Sins:

- Pyroar for pride

- Diggersby for lust

- Snorlax for gluttony

- Slaking for sloth

- Tauros for wrath

- Something I havent figured out for greed/envy.

The story can go like, "You have to overcome those cardinal sins before you can step onto the Holy Field to battle me."

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

That doesn't sound like a good candidate for E4 caliber.

Reborn isn't based about smogon tiers. They just have team partners that fit their team. Pyroar has a great special attack backed by a powerful STAB in Hyper Voice and Fire Blast. Pyroar is a great candidate for Elias, since the fire typing helps against opposing steel types, and Hyper Voice gets boosted in this field. Not any team on Reborn is competitively "viable", Titania has weird picks like Alolan Sandslash, Adrienn has a Granbull and a Whimsicott (Untiered and NU), and Hardy has TWO Lycanrocs (and those are in RU and PU) and an Archeops (PUBL).

Edited by Gastronely

3 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Reborn isn't based about smogon tiers. They just have team partners that fit their team. Pyroar has a great special attack backed by a powerful STAB in Hyper Voice and Fire Blast. Pyroar us a great candidate, since the fire typing helps against opposing steel types, and Hyper Voice gets boosted in this field. Not any team on Reborn is competitively "viable", Titania has weird picks like Alolan Sandslash, Adrienn has Granbull and Whimsicott, and Hardy has TWO Lycanrocs (and those are in RU and PU) and an Archeops (PUBL).

You forgot Amaria's ace. Lapras belongs to the untiered tier. And yeah, in Reborn, field effects matter at least as much as the Pokemon you decide to use. For example, an OU (OverUsed) Pokemon like Skarmory is good from a Showdown player's perspective because it stands among one of the best entry hazard setters in the metagame. Yet, it won't excel that much against Hardy and his Rocky Field, despite the advantage of Skarmory against Rock Type Pokemon. The same could be said about the Snowy Mountain Field. So overall, Reborn somewhat reverses, not to say nullifies Smogon ranking concepts, cause the rules are not the same, and the perfect team doesn't really exist in a game where the environment changes and impacts Pokemon aptitudes to this extent.

2 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

You forgot Amaria's ace. Lapras belongs to the untiered tier. And yeah, in Reborn, field effects matter at least as much as the Pokemon you decide to use. For example, an OU (OverUsed) Pokemon like Skarmory is good from a Showdown player's perspective because it stands among one of the best entry hazard setters in the metagame. Yet, it won't excel that much against Hardy and his Rocky Field, despite the advantage of Skarmory against Rock Type Pokemon. The same could be said about the Snowy Mountain Field. So overall, Reborn somewhat reverse, not to say nullify Smogon ranking concepts, cause the rules are not the same, and the perfect team doesn't really exist in a game where the environment changes and impacts Pokemon aptitudes to this extent.

Amaria has a lot of low tier pokemon, like Lanturn, Ludicolo and Lapras, yet those are deadly on her field. And basically this, this represents Reborn's difficulty. You could give Elias a full team of Arceus, but that would be artificial difficulty. That's the magic of Reborn and the field system, it creates far more interesting situations than just battling OP pokemon

4 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Maybe Ame will pull a plot twist and have Elias battling us with two consecutive teams, and the first one is a team of Six Deadly Sins:

- Pyroar for pride

- Diggersby for lust

- Snorlax for gluttony

- Slaking for sloth

- Tauros for wrath

- Something I havent figured out for greed/envy.

The story can go like, "You have to overcome those cardinal sins before you can step onto the Holy Field to battle me."

Maybe greed could be Persian, since you know. Pay day?!?!?!??!?!

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Also i would recommend replacing Diggersby with Lopunny. If we are talking about the sin of lust that would be way more fitting in more than one sense.....

*Shrudders* Just imagine a Mega Loppuny on that team

36 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah.....not exactly what i was trying to imply there, but equally painful compared to what i had in mind...

Concerning Elias' Mega, it's actually tight between Lopunny and Kangaskhan. These two can outperform a bunch of Pokemon for themselves in the Holy Field, and not just Ghost and Dark types. I do, however, have a preference for Mega Kangaskhan over Mega Lopunny because it's more representative of this family bond that Elias wants to reestablish with Luna in my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

Concerning Elias' Mega, it's actually tight between Lopunny and Kangaskhan. These two can outperform a bunch of Pokemon for themselves in the Holy Field, and not just Ghost and Dark types. I do, however, have a preference for Mega Kangaskhan over Mega Lopunny because it's more representative of this family bond that Elias wants to reestablish with Luna in my opinion.

How about a Mega Lopunny for the sins team and a Mega Kangaskhan for the virtues team.

2 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

How about a Mega Lopunny for the sins team and a Mega Kangaskhan for the virtues team.

This is actually making a lot of sense^^

The only question would be how you would put both teams in the game in a way that doesnt feel cheap/lazy. Fighting two or more strong teams in a row, all of them used by a single character would feel like someone ran out of ideas^^

Then again, there are so many games out there where the final boss battle is a "fight the very same dude in 3 different forms in a row" thing in so many games anyway.

I just cant find any suitable pick for embodiments of Greed or Envy among Normal type Pokemons....

https://serebii.net/pokedex-sm/normal.shtml

Persian makes sense for Greed as it is among the few that can learn Pay Day via levelling up. But how much damage can it cause in battle? 70 Atk and 65 Sp. Atk.....

The one for Envy that first came to my mind is Mimikyu, as it envies the popularity of Pikachu. But it's not Normal type.

I dare ask: Did you watch the Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Anime?

In FMA the seven deadly sins are depicted as homunculi with unique powers to each of them. The sind of envy is a form changing being, as he is envious of literally everyone and everything. Ditto would match that description quite well, as it can transform into any Pokémon.

As for the sind of greed, that one is depicted as a thief who steals whatever he likes or whatever he just wants to steal for no particular reason other than stealing something only to gain possession over the stolen item. I think Purugly would fit that bill, as it tends to steal other Pokémon's nests and claim them as its own.

• Like 3

Who would have thought beeing a weeb who watched hundreds if not thousands of anime would one day help me create a themed mono type Pokémon team.....

Reality never fails to amaze....The best stories are not written by famous authors but by life itself^^

Anyway, so we now have a "seven deadly sins" team that consists of Tauros, Snorlax, Slaking, Pyroar, Lopunny, Purugly and Ditto. And considering the fact that Ditto is already on the other team we somehow put together, it would make sense to leave Ditto out of this second team to have the 6 Pokémon left that form this second themed team^^

On a side note though: If we are talking about the seven deadly sins, there can only be ONE true wrath, and that would be Meliodas!

24 minutes ago, Egzample said:

Virtues/Sins team we face could be dependant on our in-game choices. That's an interesting idea, I wonder if the developers are down to it too.

Considering that the EP19 story part is already done i highly doubt that Ame will change any part of the story. However, if Elias does survive the story somehow and is still around in the post game, i wouldn't be surprised if Ame may consider using our random theory crafting (or whatever comes out of it) for a post game encounter.

But in all honesty i wouldn't bet on that....

5 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Who would have thought beeing a weeb who watched hundreds if not thousands of anime would one day help me create a themed mono type Pokémon team.....

Reality never fails to amaze....The best stories are not written by famous authors but by life itself^^

Anyway, so we now have a "seven deadly sins" team that consists of Tauros, Snorlax, Slaking, Pyroar, Lopunny, Purugly and Ditto. And considering the fact that Ditto is already on the other team we somehow put together, it would make sense to leave Ditto out of this second team to have the 6 Pokémon left that form this second themed team^^

On a side note though: If we are talking about the seven deadly sins, there can only be ONE true wrath, and that would be Meliodas!

The only true wrath i care about is FUHRER KING BRADLEY

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Considering that the EP19 story part is already done i highly doubt that Ame will change any part of the story. However, if Elias does survive the story somehow and is still around in the post game, i wouldn't be surprised if Ame may consider using our random theory crafting (or whatever comes out of it) for a post game encounter.

But in all honesty i wouldn't bet on that....

Well, main story line was finished, in case big bad powers came in and decided to make us disappear. Adding few variables, copied from Amaria's gym fight (she has two teams, right) and adding one more team to Elias doesnt need to be very demanding, though I'd understand if there are no chances for that.

Even better, if this choices were independent from those shade/anna +1 choices that are supposed to be leading to the best ending.

Now I wanna speculate on the Laura+Bennett team. Assuming the battle will be fought on the Flower Garden, there should be some ways for both of them to grow it to the 4th or 5th stage.

Methods to grow Flower Garden:

- Moves: Flower Shield, Growth, Rototiller, Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Water Sport, Bloom Doom, Nature Power changing into Growth.

- Ability: Flower Gift, Flower Veil, Drought, Drizzle.

Let's talk about growing through abilities first. Flower Gift is the exclusive ability of Cherrim, and this thing is too weak to do anything. 60 Atk, 87 Sp Atk. Flower Veil is the exclusive ability of the Florges line and Comfey, and none of them are Grass type. None of the Drought and Drizzle users are Grass type either. If Laura's team is strictly monotype, I don't think the Flower Garden's gonna grow through this method. If it's not monotype, however, then Comfey is the most likely candidate to utilize this method. And it's really likely that Laura is gonna have a Comfey, as it fits with her quirk of always have to arrange eight flowers into a circle. Charlotte mentioned this when we first arrived at the Belrose Manse. Even Florinia has a Hippowdon to complement her Desert Grass Team.

I also think there's gonna be indoor rain, similar to indoor hail in Titania's castle. That should at least boost the field to Stage 2 right at the beginning. If Comfey is sent out first then the field grows Stage 3 right at beginning. That's terrifying enough. At stage 3, all damages done to Grass type Pokemons get 0.75x. Flower Veil halves all damage to bearer and allied Grass types, so that's a x0.75 x 0.5, which is x0.375. How are you supposed to knock out her Pokemons in this state.... If you add the indoor rain's effect, Fire type moves will undergo these modifiers: x1.5 x (0.75 x 0.5) x 0,5 = 0.28175. Good luck bringing Fire to this fight.

Among the methods through moves, Rototiller is the least likely to appear. It is learned mostly by Ground Pokemons, and the only Grass type Pokemon that can learn this move are Tapu Bulu, Cacturne, and Parasect. The first one is a legendary and thus will not be in the team. Cacturne suits Florinia's Desert theme better. Parasect is just the worst. Flower Shield, on the other hand, can be learned by Florges, Cherrim, Sunflora, andddd guess who, Comfey again. Seriously, Laura's team is gonna be built around Comfey's hacks.  Rain Dance is also a highly possible move, as it not only grows the field, but also negates the Fire weakness.

As for Laura's team members, a clue can be spotted when she said after waking up in the Glass Factory: "If we can change the weather, my Pokemon should be able to outspeed anyone." That saying indicates the existence of at least one Pokemon with Chlorophyll. Potential candidates are Venusaur, Bellossom, Lillgant, Tangrowth, 

- Comfey: The Centerpiece of Laura's whole strategy. It has the speed to go first and the usable bulk to survive and set up all of its hacks. 

- The Mega Slot: Only 3 Grass type Pokemons has Mega Evolution: Venusaur, Sceptile, Abomasnow. Im gonna cross out Abomasnow as it doesnt blend well with the Grass type theme. I think this slot will go to Venusaur. Mega Venusaur is tanky enough, and is immune to Poison type effects. In the Stage 3+ Flower Field it's near unkillable. It should have Growth as well, you know, just to casually smack all the tanks you can bring to the fight with Petal Blizzard/Petal Dance.

- Whimsicott: Prankster should allow it to set up Rain Dance or Growth, depending on the situation, to grow the Flower Garden.

- Lilligant: Quiver Dance user. 

- Tangrowth/Ferrothorn: Because one near unkillable wall is not enough. The story can even pull a plot twist that the one spamming vines across the City is the Tangrowth owned by Laura. Ferrothorn fits Florinia's Desert Team better.

- Ludicolo: Because why stop at two unkillable walls when you can add a Joker that heals itself and annoys the hell out of you. Also doubles as Rain setter.

Now for Bennett's team. His Pokemons should be able to cover the Fire, Flying and Rock weaknesses. Fire is already mitigated with indoor rain. 

- Volcarona: His ace. No doubt about this one. One Quiver Dance and it can sweep like nobody's business.

- The Mega slot: Bug type Pokemons with Mega Evolution include only Beedrill, Pinsir, Heracross, and Scizor. Since he has a Scyther in his second battle with the player, I think it's Mega Scizor again. Scizor also has takes neutral damage from both Fire and Flying, and can set up rain.

- Armaldo: This one not only covers weaknesses from those three types but also hit back effectively at those opponents of those types. Assuming there will be indoor rain, its Swift Swim will instantly makes in more likely to hit first. And if not, an Aqua Jet will deal with that.

- Venomoth: Second best Bug type Quiver Dance user.

- Yanmega: Speed Boost abuser.

- Vikavolt/Galvantula: This one covers the Flying weakness, and can spam Thunder in rain. Also doubles as Rain setter. This one can also use Discharge to boost Laura's Mega Sceptile.

Ame's gonna be like good luck making a dent at Laura's team. Now that she has given the player access to all of the pseudo legendaries, mega evolutions, Z moves, and even an Ultra Beast, this is totally the level of extreme stonewalling we should expect to face.

And the best thing is that, someone in the game is gonna say, "How do you like them APPLES?" Get it? Apple = Grass type. If Laura has an Appletun, this saying fits even better.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

I think that's an awesome team, really well thought. Let's hope Ame sticks to the 6 team members, since battling 6 vs 12 on that OP field would be overkill, and considering the limitations of the team in the Elite 4

Edited by Gastronely

Even if it's Laura alone, the battle can turn nightmarish pretty fast. It has gotta be a double battle to accelerate the growth of the field.

Turn 1: Laura sends Comfey and Tangrowth. It is raining. Flower Garden grows to stage 2. Comfey's Flower Veil grows the Flower Garden to stage 3. Comfey uses Flower Shield, protecting both of her Pokemons from stat drops. Flower Garden grows to stage 4. Tangrowth uses Growth. Flower Garden grows to stage 5.

Yeah how do you like them apples?

Edited by nguyengiangoc