The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

However even without getting into the complexities of timeline theories this theory in particular is starting from a flawed premise. Lorewise (or at least so far) Reborn takes place within the normal Pokemon game verse, with other legendaries being mentioned or being the basis for guardians/AI built in their image. (Mewtwo, The Gen 5 duo) The reason Arceus gets Reborn specific lore unlike the others is that it serves as this game's cover legendary and unlike the rest hasn't been fully explored canonically like the others. (All we know about Arceus is that it is the God counterpart of the Pokemon world and that it had to recreate the universe to allow the Gen 2 protagonist to have a new member of the Creation Trio)

5 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Yeah so I don't think the player will actually unlock the sealed gate beneath the grand staircase. All hell will break loose.

Instead the player will catch Arceus from either a stimulated world created by Terra or a world in a different timeline.

The gates behind the staircase lead to Citae d'astrae, which houses the temple to Arceus

6 hours ago, andracass said:

image.png

Yes, that looks like you made it work. Now we just need to hope that the "all-around performance improvement" part doesn't backfire on you during testing XD

But that aside, i am still amazed how many people are playing games on macOS.

This is just my personal opinion, but with Windows PC (and Linux as well, if you chose to run that instead) you can upgrade your desktop PC's hardware as you see fit. But i have never seen any computer store selling those parts for a mac.

Also the amount of games that don't run properly (or not at all in the first place) on macOS is one more reason to stick to Windows PC.

Like i said, personal opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

Just wanna throw in a wild idea: since Bug type moves are resisted by 7 types, which makes it tie with Grass as the most resisted type, maybe Laura and Bennett will be fought on a permanent Inverse Field. Imagine the reaction of people with they bring Fire type Pokemons to that fight only to get sweeped by those puny bugs ahaha. Because Amethyst can be that sadistic. Flower's Garden is just a diversion.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

6 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

OMG OMG OMGGGG

Reveal hidden contents

8:23 "IT WAS ANNA"

Spoiler

Oh, I saw it too! When you go back, you can see letters up and down the road, and it forms a sentence! (It was Anna) The question is: "What did Anna do?" The mystery about the starry girl thickens even more now. Of course, this shows up in reverse just after you exit the area where you hear the hint about baby Arceus. This is... curious. Good observation!

6 hours ago, Q-Jei said:
  Hide contents

Oh, I saw it too! When you go back, you can see letters up and down the road, and it forms a sentence! (It was Anna) The question is: "What did Anna do?" The mystery about the starry girl thickens even more now. Of course, this shows up in reverse just after you exit the area where you hear the hint about baby Arceus. This is... curious. Good observation!

Spoiler

Could it be that Anna is the true mastermind behind the Meteor/Lin/the voice in Citae?!!!

On 4/22/2020 at 4:26 AM, andracass said:

are you referring to the choice banded gigalith

no i'm referring to the entire team. the battle was literally wide guard, block rock slides, nasty plot, wide guard, block rock slides, blizzard Double KO, wide guard, block rock slides, blizzard doubleKO, wide guard, block rock slides, blizzard Double KO. gg

Sooo I just noticed that Florinia said the following things about Labradora:

Calcenon was originally constructed as little more than a residential counterpart to Labradorra City. The two halves once functioned as a single city funded by the Yureyu Company to attract Trainers and host competitive events. Accordingly, the infrastructure of Labradorra is designed to accommodate things such as official matches and large scale tournaments.

And Amethyst said:

fun fact there are more major battles in e19 before postgame than in the middle six episodes of the game combined

Which means 19 boss battles.

To me, that means a T O U R N A M E N T   O F   D E A T H with 19 opponents, maybe with breaks and heal, but no changing team. 

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Yeah.......don't get your hopes up too high XD

I'm sure Ame has some plans to give us hell in EP19 (at least until we figure out how to beat those battles), but i wouldn't count on any "Tournament of Death" happening just like that. Although death may occur, in one way or another.....

The PULSE 2 has an intriguing additional effect:

reborn%2087-thanks%20for%20telling%20me%20exactly%20what%20i%20will%20fight%20in%20the%20endgame-041.jpg

Stolen Pokémon, for example, may be controlled without fail this way. However, I believe the control function was intended as a preliminary trial for a different purpose.

So we're either gonna fight Legendaries that are under the control of Meteor Grunts, or gonna fight Pokemons from other people, like gym leaders. Or worse, our own Pokemons!! 

O w O

Imagine walking into a room being prepared for battle with your all-star team and ending up having to fight that all-star team of yours with crappy Pokemon.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Yeah, Team Meteor wising up and realizing we are only a threat because of our team, decide to somehow turn them against us is a terrifying prospect. But at the same time VERY interesting as a potential challenge. 

If you wanna get really meta though, maybe one of the rivals, Victoria, Cain, and even Fern assuming he has a unlikely change of heart throw us their team so we fight our own team with our rival's team.  

Like assuming Bennett is still carrying his envy over us winning all the time, i can see him trying to use our team against us. 

7 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

The PULSE 2 has an intriguing additional effect:

reborn%2087-thanks%20for%20telling%20me%20exactly%20what%20i%20will%20fight%20in%20the%20endgame-041.jpg

So we're either gonna fight Legendaries that are under the control of Meteor Grunts, or gonna fight Pokemons from other people, like gym leaders. Or worse, our own Pokemons!! 

O w O

Imagine walking into a room being prepared for battle with your all-star team and ending up having to fight that all-star team of yours with crappy Pokemon.

Even though it seems like an interesting idea, fighting your own pokemon wouldn't make sense. How would players be able to strategize, if every team varies between save files? It is basically a random battle, i think you would use someone's pokemon, and if you're forced to use those, then i don't see (gameplay wise) how you should be able to win. Reborn is based around playing with the tools the game gives you, but, if those tools are suppressed, then the game becomes plain old artificial difficulty

• Like 1

I've always thought of the idea of playing against your own team. Not using some rival's team or anything, just going against a copy of the MC with the same team, and BAM. It would be funny whyle probably easily surpassable.

3 hours ago, kithas said:

I've always thought of the idea of playing against your own team. Not using some rival's team or anything, just going against a copy of the MC with the same team, and BAM. It would be funny whyle probably easily surpassable.

Team Meteor has been following us for quite some time, so I imagine they know what Pokémon we use so if they wanted they could use the same team as us. I had this idea that the enemy team would eventually have like a dynamic growth where the grunts actively use Pokémon that are strong against yours sort of like those battle frontiers. I do think it would be a pain in the ass to program in the main campaign though so it’s just a fun idea I had, not something I hope to happen.