The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Spoiler

8:23 "IT WAS ANNA"

To follow up on this,

Spoiler

Maybe the creepy message at the end of EP18 right when the player walks out of Agate Gym are not words from Amethyst. Maybe they're from Anna. Anna from the previous timeline wished for the player to have good luck and always have a way out when stuck. So that the player can be a savior in the current timeline.

Just right before the Devon Corp raid, when some conditions are met Ame will say "It's Lin. [...] And that's why I'm going too. It's true that Anna asked me to do that originally...." instead of the shortened version "It's true that I intended to do that originally."

This makes me think:

- What exactly did Anna ask Ame to do? To raid the Devon? To beat Lin? But Anna couldnt see Lin. She couldnt detect Lin's existence.
- Maybe Anna is the real champion but for some reasons asked Ame to act like one to be her cover. Combined with the secrect message in the void, this theory is plausible.

• Like 3

Well, Anna is full of mysteries. A strange girl with powers to see things that nobody else, not even her own brother, believes her about those things she sees.

I would not be surprised if she actually has some kind of powers that she didn't reveal until now, and i would go as far as to say she has powers she doesn't WANT to use, if possible.

What if we look at it this way: Noel has his Cleffa doll, and uses a Clefable as his wild card in the gym battle.

Anna has her Jirachi doll. Now what if she really owns a real Jirachi? We all know that Jirachi has the power to grant wishes.....

3 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Just right before the Devon Corp raid, when some conditions are met Ame will say "It's Lin. [...] And that's why I'm going too. It's true that Anna asked me to do that originally...." instead of the shortened version "It's true that I intended to do that originally."

This makes me think:

- What exactly did Anna ask Ame to do? To raid the Devon? To beat Lin? But Anna couldnt see Lin. She couldnt detect Lin's existence.
- Maybe Anna is the real champion but for some reasons asked Ame to act like one to be her cover. Combined with the secrect message in the void, this theory is plausible.

I have not seen this scene, or might have forgotten it... Can you tell me what conditions are to be met? Maybe in a spoiler, so that anyone who hasn't come up to there yet won't see. 

Just now, BRS swag said:

I have not seen this scene, or might have forgotten it... Can you tell me what conditions are to be met? Maybe in a spoiler, so that anyone who hasn't come up to there yet won't see. 

Spoiler

After the player has gathered Adrienn, Arclight, and Victoria at the Grand Hall, Ame will say those things before everyone moves to Obsidia for the Devon Corp raid. The conditions for Ame to include that special additional piece of detail are: found all the police, beat Solaris at Apophyll, sided with Radomus at Citae, Saphira was abducted, refused to give the ring to Blake, didn't fight Taka at the Water Treatment Center.

• Thanks 2

Anna being the Champion is most likely, but one wonders why the possible Champion is being abused without some sort of media attention. Surely Gossip Gardevoir would have put this on her news show. Hell if Anna has the ear of Ame wouldn't she report Connal's abuse?

Like these kids are technically government employees/ celebrities, shouldn't their abuse be uncovered sooner?  

On 4/25/2020 at 7:12 AM, nguyengiangoc said:
  Hide contents

Could it be that Anna is the true mastermind behind the Meteor/Lin/the voice in Citae?!!!

Spoiler

Actually, I don't know. Anna is by far one of the most mysterious characters in the game behind Shade. But from what I've read on the Wiki page of the ghostly guy (or woman), it's implied that Shade has contributed a lot to help Anna earning her position. I have no idea what this position can be. Nothing helped us to determine if it was something related to the Reborn League or not. One thing is certain, Anna can see things others cannot see, and her mother (Zina Vanhanen) is dead. The date of Zina's death goes back over the time when Radomus has met Gossip Gardevoir when she was still a Ralts. Also, it's very likely that Zina is the woman in red and purple we saw in the black hole. The way she expressed herself at this moment let us imagine she had to take a very important decision which led her to her death afterwards. As for the voice we heard in Citae, it's heavily implied that this was young Lin's doing. There might be a connection between us and Lin, but what this connection can be exceeds quite a lot beyond my understanding. Maybe Anna has triggered something to fix a fatality that had occurred in an alternate timeline, which later became an opportunity for Lin to manipulate us. If the player is actually a special card in Anna's deck to change the course of history, this would explain why Lin is that interested in us, although we don't know anything about her motives. But hey, whatever the case may be, I doubt her intentions are benevolent in any way, precisely because these resulted in the killing of more than one innocent in the story-line.

For further debate, I suggest you to check this post I created a few months ago:

2 hours ago, Draconis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But if Anna's the Champion, who's in the remaining Elite 4 spot?

If I remember right, there is Heather, Bennett and Elias for sure, right ?

Well, couldn't it be Victoria or Arclight ?

The status of Arclight is really weird for me, he isn't just a random guy running the NightClub if Ame decided to choose him for the raid of the Devon Corp, that's for sure. Plus, he's really strong, as he showed us back then.

But there's also another theory possible for me, and it would be Victoria as the last Elite 4.

If I'm not mistaking, she never became Gym leader after Kiki died, and she took a really important place in the organization of the region.

An other possibility would be Fern but heck no this can't be, I would be so mad 

1 hour ago, Antho l'Abricot said:

Spoiler

Arclight is an important character BECAUSE of the nightclub, since it's the location of the battle tower. He's basically the leader of a "high society", since that place is where the crème de la crème of trainers gathers. If Reborn was an aristocracy, he would be like a duke, or something.

For the champion battle we will receive something special. Dont forget that technically, Lin is the Champion now. As of E4, it is Elias, Heather, Laura+Bennet, double battle (given the story circumstances and this garden-or-so field, it is almost certain) and Anna. The other options are Laura and Bennet separate (and no Anna), but taking into account the fields and the plot, this is the least possible. Alternatively, the spot in E4 remains the same, but it depends on our choices if we fight Laura OR Bennet. So or so, we have no other candidates for E4 left, unless we will receive some twist like Cal, Blake or Sirius getting into E4 out of blue, but this would be wrong if we take into account the characters development; there's not much room here left.

Assuming Elias is gonna use a Normal type team, I suspect his team members can be among the following:

- Mega Kangaskhan: The most likely candidate for the Mega slot among Normal type Pokemons. Moveset: Drain-Punch, Power-up Punch, Crunch, Return. Maybe Protect to deal with Mach Punch users.

- Mega Pidgeot: In the Holy Field, special Normal type moves increase in base power by 1.5x.

- Smeagle: Spore, Shell Smash/Quiver Dance, Baton Pass, Protect. 

- Ditto: Cuz whynot.

- Ghost-typed Sivally/Arceus: To deal with those Fighting Pokemons.

- Porygon-Z

- Cinccino

- Talonflame

- Slaking/Snorlax

And while we're at it, how about the possibility that the E4 can Mega Evolve TWO of their members?!

I agree with the Swordsman. Elias is a religious fanatic (or rather a religious extremist) who worships Arceus over everything else. To him both Type: Null and Silvally are but mere copies, an act of blasphemy towards the one true lord Arcueus himself.

A sacrilegeous, vile creature like that cannot be allowed to exist and must be terminated with the full might of the lords righteous powers.

With Elias being devoted to his beliefs, and him using a normal type team, there are some more Pokémon that i would generally rule out right away. Among those would be Pidgeot, as Bird Jesus is the messiah of the helix god, which Elias would consider to be a heretic belief. Farfetch'd would also drop out, as that one is also part of the heretic helix god cult. And Talonflame is also out, as it is a fire/flying type. I would also rule out any other normal type legendary or mystic Pokémon like Regigigas or Meloetta.

However, Pokémon that i can imagine being on his team (and this did have me thinking for a while) would be:

Ditto, as he already did make use of a Ditto in the past enconter. What would stop him from using his Ditto again? But this time not to copy Arceus, but to copy one of the players strongest fighters and use your own power against you!

Kangaskhan, as this Pokémon symbolizes a mother, and therefore symbolizing fertility, which is considered to be a gift of the gods. I guess i don't need to go into the stories of people whose birth were considered an act of god...

Pyroar, as lions are a symbol of strength and royalty. Those who are favored by god are born with power and/or high social status after all. Or so the people tended to believe in the middle ages.

Drampa, as dragons are long-living creatures of great wisdom (at least in some cultures) that were considered beings similar to a god, or at least a symbol of godly powers, though more in the asian regions than in europe.

Raticate, as rats were the major carrier of the black plauge, which religious folks considered to be a heavenly punishment sent onto humanity by god himself. God sent quite a number of plagues onto humanity, according to religion.....

And last but not least....who would have guessed it? Arceus! For the most loyal servant of the one true lord would also need to smite all evil in his name. Amen! (Why is Hellsing's Alexander Anderson popping up in my head now?)

36 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

I agree with the Swordsman. Elias is a religious fanatic (or rather a religious extremist) who worships Arceus over everything else. To him both Type: Null and Silvally are but mere copies, an act of blasphemy towards the one true lord Arcueus himself.

A sacrilegeous, vile creature like that cannot be allowed to exist and must be terminated with the full might of the lords righteous powers.

With Elias being devoted to his beliefs, and him using a normal type team, there are some more Pokémon that i would generally rule out right away. Among those would be Pidgeot, as Bird Jesus is the messiah of the helix god, which Elias would consider to be a heretic belief. Farfetch'd would also drop out, as that one is also part of the heretic helix god cult. And Talonflame is also out, as it is a fire/flying type. I would also rule out any other normal type legendary or mystic Pokémon like Regigigas or Meloetta.

However, Pokémon that i can imagine being on his team (and this did have me thinking for a while) would be:

Ditto, as he already did make use of a Ditto in the past enconter. What would stop him from using his Ditto again? But this time not to copy Arceus, but to copy one of the players strongest fighters and use your own power against you!

Kangaskhan, as this Pokémon symbolizes a mother, and therefore symbolizing fertility, which is considered to be a gift of the gods. I guess i don't need to go into the stories of people whose birth were considered an act of god...

Pyroar, as lions are a symbol of strength and royalty. Those who are favored by god are born with power and/or high social status after all. Or so the people tended to believe in the middle ages.

Drampa, as dragons are long-living creatures of great wisdom (at least in some cultures) that were considered beings similar to a god, or at least a symbol of godly powers, though more in the asian regions than in europe.

Raticate, as rats were the major carrier of the black plauge, which religious folks considered to be a heavenly punishment sent onto humanity by god himself. God sent quite a number of plagues onto humanity, according to religion.....

And last but not least....who would have guessed it? Arceus! For the most loyal servant of the one true lord would also need to smite all evil in his name. Amen! (Why is Hellsing's Alexander Anderson popping up in my head now?)

No. That team is ridiculous. Why Raticate? Just ONE Raticate? Really? Elias will OBVIOUSLY have a full team of 6 Raticates. Such majestic creatures... Why should he use only one of those archaic beasts, when he can use the full power of 6 to extinguish thy heathens. Holy savior. Thou shall cleanse the land with the power of the rat

• Haha 2

Just now, Gastronely said:

No. That team is ridiculous. Why Raticate? Just ONE Raticate? Really? Elias will OBVIOUSLY have a full team of 6 Raticates. Such majestic creatures... Why should he use only one of those archaic beasts, when he can use the full power of 6 to extinguish thy heathens. Holy savior. Thou shall cleanse the land with the power of the rat

Hahahahaha! Unleash the power of the ratatouille! (I should probably stop it with the bad puns.....one day my GF is going to kill me for one of those....)

But no, seriously, 6 Raticate? We're talking about Elias, not Team Rocket^^ He's a religious extremist, not a tamer of Zubat and Rattata.....

Just now, ShogokiX said:

Hahahahaha! Unleash the power of the ratatouille! (I should probably stop it with the bad puns.....one day my GF is going to kill me for one of those....)

But no, seriously, 6 Raticate? We're talking about Elias, not Team Rocket^^ He's a religious extremist, not a tamer of Zubat and Rattata.....

Hahaha, but in all seriousness, your team seams really plausible and well balanced, though obviously Elias wouldn't use Raticate. The holy field doesn't give any clues towards his team, so really anything can fit in. That is, unless Ame gives us some bullshit like an Eviolite Chansey with wish, since the healing gets boosted in the field.

3 hours ago, Gastronely said:

That is, unless Ame gives us some bullshit like an Eviolite Chansey with wish, since the healing gets boosted in the field.

Good thing Chansey can't learn wish.

I mean unless Elias got the event Chansey in 2004/05

3 hours ago, Baumina said:

Good thing Chansey can't learn wish.

I mean unless Elias got the event Chansey in 2004/05

Well, he can always use some weird grand gates magic or something to access the real world AND travel through time. Space and Time traveler Elias is my new headcanon