The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

On 12/22/2019 at 6:43 AM, ShogokiX said:

May i call you Alice? That's some fantasy world you're living in.

Although i guess that would be the best christmas ever.....

He didn't say which Christmas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i totally dig the greenorange progress

Reviving an old dev blog post, not sure if terra's labradorra tournament thing is still on, as it was announced on April 1, but, it caught me to discuss who these characters might be. 

• tittytania
  • anna v0.3
  • wannabe ophelia
  • bootleg bugsy
  • little miss emotional maturity
  • the macdonald triad
  • anger management
  • strum and dumber
  • the little sperm that couldn't
  • ...and many more!

Pretty sure first one is titania?, second is anna?/ lumi, third is serra?, fourth is shelly, fifth could be heather, sixth is the belrose sisters, seventh could be cal, eighth could be hardy, ninth could be us(coz we didn't do it with her)/taka.

13 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

I'm one of those who prefer the Elite Four to be literally the ELITE FOUR strongest trainers. So I'd be cool with it. Of all battles that should have all Ubers...

In that case, I'm guessing Laura might have a stall wall Jumpluff. (252 HP, 252 Sp. Def; Leech Seed + Strength Sap + Infestation + Cotton Guard)

• Thanks 1

• Veterans
3 hours ago, Zro567 said:

I noticed that the "mysterious secret" bar still has two segments that aren't green despite it being at 100%. Would there be any reason for this?

idk i let ame touch the bars for like 3 seconds and she just refused to make the whole thing green

42 minutes ago, Lorisaur said:

One thing I might want to see is Bennett and Laura sharing the same e4 spot. After all; flower garden helps grass AND bug

That would be the case, but, Bennett says that he will give back the elite four position to Laura. 

It may be that in the Ideal route, he and Laura will side together for a double-Elite Four battle. Whereas in the Truth route, it will be one or the other, depending on choices we made? Perhaps Benette being told the right answer at the Glass Factory will trigger a different outcome?

I could see Lin killing him to be honest. Though that is as likely as anyone else dying at this point.

The more I think of her, the more I feel like Lin is trying to free Giratina and Arceus is just in the way. I don't know. That passage in the Subseven Sanctum about "The Darkest Beast lies at Light's End." just sounds so epic. It would be awesome and an amazing twist if maybe Lin IS Giratina, through some proxy. Or perhaps she and Shade are working together, with the latter being the proxy. And their goal is actually a good one: stop the eternal time-loop or at least complete it. But to do that they had to reach the goal by hard decisions. Or something. Possibilities abound. But all this conjecture does one thing for sure:

HYPE! I am hyped for 19. But also sad. Knowing this will finally end.

Also, Merry Christmas to Reborn's devs! Thank you for updating the AI! It was my biggest complaint and one of the key features of the game that I most anticipated getting fixed or at least addressed in some way. THANK YOU! It is a present well wished for!

• Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 8:45 PM, Feng Lei said:

I'm one of those who prefer the Elite Four to be literally the ELITE FOUR strongest trainers. So I'd be cool with it. Of all battles that should have all Ubers...

I would be OK with it depending on the Ubers, if its like jumpluff and maybe one common legendary (Bird trio, Lati@s, etc) then fine but if its something that they really shouldn't have like Dialga then I'm going to complain. I'm in this for the plot and characters, Reborn unlike most fan games has been very good at staying faithful to the game's lore.

4 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

It may be that in the Ideal route, he and Laura will side together for a double-Elite Four battle. Whereas in the Truth route, it will be one or the other, depending on choices we made? Perhaps Benette being told the right answer at the Glass Factory will trigger a different outcome?

I could see Lin killing him to be honest. Though that is as likely as anyone else dying at this point.

The more I think of her, the more I feel like Lin is trying to free Giratina and Arceus is just in the way. I don't know. That passage in the Subseven Sanctum about "The Darkest Beast lies at Light's End." just sounds so epic. It would be awesome and an amazing twist if maybe Lin IS Giratina, through some proxy. Or perhaps she and Shade are working together, with the latter being the proxy. And their goal is actually a good one: stop the eternal time-loop or at least complete it. But to do that they had to reach the goal by hard decisions. Or something. Possibilities abound. But all this conjecture does one thing for sure:

HYPE! I am hyped for 19. But also sad. Knowing this will finally end.

Also, Merry Christmas to Reborn's devs! Thank you for updating the AI! It was my biggest complaint and one of the key features of the game that I most anticipated getting fixed or at least addressed in some way. THANK YOU! It is a present well wished for!

The different route bosses is a great idea but IMO Lin and Giratina secretly being good isn't. It doesn't line up Lin's personality and Giraina was so violent it was locked up in the Distortion World. Pokemon isn't really the place to do the subversive God is evil and Satan is good trope. I'd also like both routes to be valid, having the Zeckrom route end on a bad end where everyone is stuck in a timeloop just because you decided to support a fan favorite character is needlessly punishing.

21 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

I would be OK with it depending on the Ubers, if its like jumpluff and maybe one common legendary (Bird trio, Lati@s, etc) then fine but if its something that they really shouldn't have like Dialga then I'm going to complain. I'm in this for the plot and characters, Reborn unlike most fan games has been very good at staying faithful to the game's lore.

The different route bosses is a great idea but IMO Lin and Giratina secretly being good isn't. It doesn't line up Lin's personality and Giraina was so violent it was locked up in the Distortion World. Pokemon isn't really the place to do the subversive God is evil and Satan is good trope. I'd also like both routes to be valid, having the Zeckrom route end on a bad end where everyone is stuck in a timeloop just because you decided to support a fan favorite character is needlessly punishing.

Oh I have no interest nor was it my intention to mention such a trope! It would be abhorrent and heretical for me! But my point is that Giratina is actually Lin's goal. Because she is all about power. And if she's so violent, it matches with her being associated with Giratina rather than an infant Arceus (Assuming she wasn't just trolling us with that line. Lin is a troll).

And yes, absolutely yes to your words on Ubers. I would be very disappointed fighting something like Dialga on the Elite Four just because it's difficult. But Lore-wise, I see it as you do. The Legendary Birds are fine. They always felt like... well, "legendary", just really rare and powerful animals like the other pokemon, and not "I AM THE gOD OF TIME!" stuff. It works in Reborn, but only if I'm not catching it. Which is one reason I dare hope Arceus is never actually fought properly in a "perfect" or true state. Because it should literally be the God of Pokemon, untouchable in the most strict and literal sense. Maybe a vestige or something. Anyway, the Birds, Dogs and Regis feel fine to me. Regis especially since the anime has kinda made it clear there's lots of them out there.

Speaking of vestige, maybe this New World stuff IS the distortion world, somehow? The remnants of creation? Wasn't there something about that in Platinum? I seem to recall it being in the film about Giratina at least. Maybe that really is Lin's goal and the Arceus meteor is all just a means to an end. And Shade, being a Ghost Trainer, is actually trying to stop Giratina because he understands the profound danger. He just also happens to have a creepy smile that puts people off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

Oh I have no interest nor was it my intention to mention such a trope! It would be abhorrent and heretical for me! But my point is that Giratina is actually Lin's goal. Because she is all about power. And if she's so violent, it matches with her being associated with Giratina rather than an infant Arceus (Assuming she wasn't just trolling us with that line. Lin is a troll).

And yes, absolutely yes to your words on Ubers. I would be very disappointed fighting something like Dialga on the Elite Four just because it's difficult. But Lore-wise, I see it as you do. The Legendary Birds are fine. They always felt like... well, "legendary", just really rare and powerful animals like the other pokemon, and not "I AM THE gOD OF TIME!" stuff. It works in Reborn, but only if I'm not catching it. Which is one reason I dare hope Arceus is never actually fought properly in a "perfect" or true state. Because it should literally be the God of Pokemon, untouchable in the most strict and literal sense. Maybe a vestige or something. Anyway, the Birds, Dogs and Regis feel fine to me. Regis especially since the anime has kinda made it clear there's lots of them out there.

Speaking of vestige, maybe this New World stuff IS the distortion world, somehow? The remnants of creation? Wasn't there something about that in Platinum? I seem to recall it being in the film about Giratina at least. Maybe that really is Lin's goal and the Arceus meteor is all just a means to an end. And Shade, being a Ghost Trainer, is actually trying to stop Giratina because he understands the profound danger. He just also happens to have a creepy smile that puts people off.

I do think Lin's plot may have to do with her actually being infant Arceus, as I see her actions as the ones of an infant god playing for fun. That way it could make Shade, already a ghost trainer, a Giratina or its agent, giving him a reason for only being a shadow as his true form would be banished from this dimension. But I also think that Giratina, being a Dragon-type, would fit also into Lin's dragon speciality in the early Reborn league. If Lin's goal is just to make "a new world, devoid of emotion" I admit I'll be a bit let down and have her give a call to Cyrus from Platinum.

For the Ubers, if we're talking about actual lore-wise gods, I also thought it would be a prety good way of adapting the lore to have them be bosses on their own right (like the one-mon-hopeless-battle Reborn has already done a few times) and to explain their capture by the MC as them allowing the trainer to use a proxy of them (hence why battle-wise they're normal pokémon) like a Cleric or a Paladin would summon their god's strenght but not own the actual deity.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quoted from the Progress Scoreboard:

"when is e19 gonna come out?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!/1/11?!?@!?#?!??@!?@?!?#!?$?!@$!$@!???%!??!!??!?!?!?"

actual quote.

I really want to know who's crazy enough to put so many question marks, exclamation marks and so on behind the question that their combined length takes more space than the actual question.