The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

• Administrators

Hello I am here to appreciate the anime Reborn! reference. As will @Inuki, Ame. Come on now.

Unfortunately, in that state Reborn is a baby and Sigmund would have to try and take him in... Well, actually, he wouldn't stand a chance so maybe that's fortunate.

3 hours ago, Amethyst said:

its ok no one plays that reborn... they just watch it.

Hahaha, of course Ame knew where that came from.....nice^^ I wouldn't have expected any less from someone who puts that many references to other media into a single game....

2 hours ago, Ikaru said:

Unfortunately, in that state Reborn is a baby and Sigmund would have to try and take him in... Well, actually, he wouldn't stand a chance so maybe that's fortunate.

Yeah......but it might be fun to see the doctor getting crushed by a "baby"

Edited by ShogokiX
  • Like 1

• Administrators

It's nothing that was unplanned or unexpected. Frankly I was surprised she was home as soon as she was but apparently it was close to the average.

I've been seeing her update the "master to-do" list a couple times already so don't you worry about her.

• Administrators

i cant really say i'm at it again yet. updating that file is just recordkeeping for things that come up on discord so i dont forget them later

i still can't really sit up (sit down?) so until that time my functionality is probably still fairly limited

8 hours ago, Amethyst said:

i cant really say i'm at it again yet. updating that file is just recordkeeping for things that come up on discord so i dont forget them later

i still can't really sit up (sit down?) so until that time my functionality is probably still fairly limited

You still need to recover, but it seems you are ok otherwise, so we don't need to worry XD

But yeah, not being able to do much also means you are probably bored and need to distract yourself by doing whatever you can do.

Look at the bright side though: You now have an excuse to binge watch all the anime (or other series/movies) on your list that you wanted to watch but didn't have the time for.

3 minutes ago, Conkeldurp said:

Get well soon.

May the 'Morning Sun' help you 'Recover', as you 'Slack Off' and 'Rest' until 'Moonlight'.

And wake up with "Synthesis" of energy

GWS

Just to be clear, from the title of the thread E19 will be the last one? Or are there whispers of some content beyond that.

Even if there is, I don't expect it to be anytime soon, The actual Gen 8 games could potentially take a couple years to finalize (if it has the '2nd part' games of the generation like Emerald, Platinum, BW2, etc), and the Reborn team clearly needs rest

6 minutes ago, Metadeth said:

GWS

Just to be clear, from the title of the thread E19 will be the last one? Or are there whispers of some content beyond that.

Even if there is, I don't expect it to be anytime soon, The actual Gen 8 games could potentially take a couple years to finalize (if it has the '2nd part' games of the generation like Emerald, Platinum, BW2, etc), and the Reborn team clearly needs rest

Well yes, it has been stated that E19 is indeed the last Episode and includes, the story conclusion as well as the League (probably interlocking here) as well as the entire postgame, infact that's all that's missing to it beeing done (which will still take a while) but up to the end of the Story is mostly done (according to Dev Blog), as for Gen 8 games... that isn't relevant, Ame, Cass and other's have stated that Gen 8 mons and mechanics will not make it into the final version of Reborn.

To be frank: I really like the fact that Reborn will not include Gen 8 Mons or mechanics. So far everything i saw about Sword an Shield is a huge disappointment for me. And no, even though Game Freak is now trying to appease fans by including Gigantamaxed fan favourites like Charizard (my most favourite Pokémon of all time), that doesn't change anything for me.

I've heard rumors on the forum though that Rejuvenation might include Gen 8 stuff some day.....can't say if those rumors have any thruth to them, but like i said: i am glad that at least Reborn won't have Gen 8!

Then again, i don't like Gen 7 Z-Moves at all either. The Mons are cool, but Z-Moves ruined the Gen 7 games for me. Too much power right at the start of the game.... That just made me like Reborn even more, since you get Gen 7 Mons, but Z-Moves and Mega Evolution are not a thing until very late in the game.

All the more reason to be waiting for Reborn EP19!

23 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

I've heard rumors on the forum though that Rejuvenation might include Gen 8 stuff some day.....can't say if those rumors have any thruth to them, but like i said: i am glad that at least Reborn won't have Gen 8!

Jan somewhere (or was it Zumi?) personally said that the very next version will include the Gen 8 Mons, and probably new Moves if there are any. In fact the Status Thread includes Progress bars for that. But it was stated they wouldn't include Dynamaxing and the like (for now anyway) sooo yeah.

I don't think i used Z- Moves too much when running through Gen 7 soo dun know, i liked the games (I don't really expect challenge from main series games anymore, thats what fangames are for)
As for gen 8 stuff, not really convinced about the Dynamaxing/Gigantimaxing thing, but I will see when games are out, (not necessarily myself, to poor for a switch). But i don't really see how the Mons could hurt, but i understand why Reborn doesn't include them, the game is way too close to completion to try and shoehorn those in, (finding areas to put them, updating teams too include them where they fit, code them and their new abilitys in, in the first place, spritework etc.)
<.< woo just got the curve to get back on topic

Edited by Falirion

Huh, thanks. Looks like I don't have to wait for anything after E19. Right now I'm trapped with training tediously around the circus with most mons being around the Lv 75-80 range

Don't know if I'll restart it all over (if there's anything earlier content I already played through that will be changed in E19, like event pokemon and such), but I'm hoping I wouldn't have to.

That said, sounds like I wouldn't be giving Reju a serious playthrough until the final version is released; I never got past capturing a couple pokemon anyways once I realized that it had a long way to go (V8 at the time)

I personally will start all over again, once E 19 ist out.

And this time, ill write down all of the Meteor grunts names, so that fanfic writers all over the world may rejoice, as lovestories and rivalry between the Meteors may unravel!

.. but in all seriousness, one would argue, that if one now grinds all the way up to E19th release

1. You will be seperated from the story if you play it now and than wait for the last part (that will connect to loose strings) for ~1 year.
  2. If I now spend my time maticulously crafting the perfect death squad, carefully considering the endgame fields like the Starlight Arena, I may find the last part to be a wash, when it otherwise would be a good challenge.
  3. Also one might miss out on interesting changes made in the early- and midgame.

but ofc everyone should do, as he pleases, there is no right way to Approach E19 and the game in general.

27 minutes ago, Conkeldurp said:

And this time, ill write down all of the Meteor grunts names, so that fanfic writers all over the world may rejoice, as lovestories and rivalry between the Meteors may unravel!

ALL RIGHT THAT'S IT!... my stupid excel sheet. that I spend WAY to much time on is getting cleaned up and shared 😆 if nothing else than to help the poor poor fanfiction writers to figure out which Grunts exist, how oftern they interact with the player and which canonically die...
srsly though if you are really going to do that, it's actually more work than it sounds... believe me...

Edited by Falirion

Fanfics, huh? ^^'

Why am i imagining people writing stories about Cain making out with a male player character and Fern kissing Hardy while Aya is being jelly because she got left out?

Nah, seriously though.....i think i will finish the EP19 story starting from one of my save files that is at the end of EP18, and after that i'll start a new file to see everything that might have changed in the entire game. And once i beat the game from that new save file and captured every Pokémon in the game i'll train the most dangerous creatures possible and challenge everyone who's trying to be the very best like no one ever was^^

• Veterans
21 hours ago, Metadeth said:

GWS

e19 will 100% be the last story content episode because ame wants out and i have zero confidence in my writing.

i haven't quite ruled out a dlc-esque updates with mechanical/non-story content updates, but when i first raised the possibility of that i didn't have another project off in the distance. so if it doesn't happen, you'll basically lose nothing, and if it does happen, it'll be like a nice christmas present. but a small one. like a stocking stuffer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i for one am glad the game is being handled with such care and treated this well. other devs might see clamour for a new update and rush one out the door half finished to appease the ravenous vultures rather than handle it as well as it deserves. 

i'm also looking forward to where the team goes from here. maybe a multi-year project as huge as reborn isnt on the cards again. but i'm sure if inspiration strikes, then something will happen.

• Like 1

Yeah, i agree with MachoPony on that, there are way too many games out there that were rushed to be released as soon as possible, which in turn led to lots of features or even entire pieces of content being cut from the game just so they can make the "deadline". And let's not get started on day one patches to fix the numerous bugs and glitches that came with that trend.....

I have way more respect for developers who have the guts to say they won't release an unfinished game, even if they have to push back the release date a few times. Unfortunately that is a luxury only available to non-profit fan game developers and indie game developers not bound to any publishers putting pressure on them....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Yeah, i agree with MachoPony on that, there are way too many games out there that were rushed to be released as soon as possible, which in turn led to lots of features or even entire pieces of content being cut from the game just so they can make the "deadline". And let's not get started on day one patches to fix the numerous bugs and glitches that came with that trend.....

I have way more respect for developers who have the guts to say they won't release an unfinished game, even if they have to push back the release date a few times. Unfortunately that is a luxury only available to non-profit fan game developers and indie game developers not bound to any publishers putting pressure on them....

Blame the publisher for that

• Administrators
On 10/21/2019 at 1:35 PM, MachoPony said:

i'm also looking forward to where the team goes from here. maybe a multi-year project as huge as reborn isnt on the cards again. but i'm sure if inspiration strikes, then something will happen.

i would really like to live in a world where every game i want to make doesn't turn into a multi-year project, but i don't think this is that world

also hi this post is brought to you from my actual desktop chair which i haven't sat in in weeks. and i am still only half-sitting. but i'm gonna call this a win anyway.

still nobody expect anything from me yet though ;~;

• Like 9