V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

41 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

ok i just realised the elemental punches are tm in swsh and the rejuvenation has old usum +custom moves tms so will we loose the usum tm and also there is trs . 

I wish the main series made these punches stronger, 75 damage isn't all that great..
They only kinda work on Pokemons like Infernape with the Iron Fist Ability (which is one of the reasons I like him as a starter, Thunderpunch woop woop)

2 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

ok i just realised the elemental punches are tm in swsh and the rejuvenation has old usum +custom moves tms so will we loose the usum tm and also there is trs . 

I think it was said we wont loose any previous items, only add new ones? 

4 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

ok thats good to hear so will tr be there

i don't think so because Jan said that TRs were designed around partcipating in Max Raid battles and rejuv will not have Max Raid Battles 

11 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

HERE is my idea we could change TR to RMs and  and new tm to be continuation of rejuvenation tm set (Its is just my thought so don't mind it}

But TRs are usually bought with watts and work like gen 1-4 TMs ( 1 time use only ), wouldn't they have to make a special currency like watts to buy them ?

HEY

SOOO is there a posibility that our player can join forces with Team Xen. I mean like really join them and be evil, work for them. So, please tell me is there a posiblity. Oh and if your reading this jan then please in the version above 13 please add something  like this. It will be really cool if this happens. I mean like siding with Team Xen. Coooooooooolllllllllll

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Rejuvenation said:

HEY

SOOO is there a posibility that our player can join forces with Team Xen. I mean like really join them and be evil, work for them. So, please tell me is there a posiblity. Oh and if your reading this jan then please in the version above 13 please add something  like this. It will be really cool if this happens. I mean like siding with Team Xen. Coooooooooolllllllllll

Thanks

I don't know about the outcome but I really doubt about that.

21 minutes ago, Rejuvenation said:

HEY

Thanks

Think Jan already has plenty of ideas themselves to even consider altering the future road map for a request such as this. I don't even see why would just turning into evil all of a sudden would be cool for any reason?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rejuvenation said:

HEY

Thanks

Probably not.. This isn't a Bethesda game, making an entire new type of playthrough would take a lot of time away from finishing the story since Jan would have to make different paths for every chapter and different outcomes to said paths, specially start doing it now.. If he did that then v14 would only come out in 2033..

i know its hard but sometimes i wish the story branches a little bit more like some spoiler

Spoiler

like once im so excited to join bladestar and help flora anyway i can, but it literally has zero difference with the normal path. im fine with her betraying me in the end but at least make my choice worth something dammit

but yeah i guess its impossible :(

Well even AAA devs fail to offer proper and meaningful choice in their stories most of the time, I find it rather unreasonable to expect this from a tiny team of people working together on a fangame that is just available to get for free. I am just grateful that rejuvenation still gets updates. I started playing this game 5 years ago expecting it to not even update again past V7, and here we are at V13 soon. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Zindril said:

Well even AAA devs fail to offer proper and meaningful choice in their stories most of the time, I find it rather unreasonable to expect this from a tiny team of people working together on a fangame that is just available to get for free. 

This ☝️.

3 hours ago, Rejuvenation said:

HEY

Thanks

Jan and the devs already have an idea for where the story is going to go, whether or not it involves team Xen in such a capacity only they would know.  However, any further deviations from their plan will only cause a longer development cycle which is arguably unnecessary.  Feel free to disagree.

Best anyone can do is offer criticism for story implements that are already in game, one such example that was mentioned above

Spoiler

in which the player's induction into Blade Star felt largely meaningless.

edited for spoilers

Edited by Calentz
spoilers
  • Upvote 1

Okay

I know where the story is going but it would have been awsome if we could join Team Xen. Soooooo this idea came to me tomorrow that does anybody has a crush on our character. I know Ren has a crush on Aelita but there can be someone who has a crush on our player i mean like Melia or Saki ( I dont know why am i saying saki but ok) and the one i really think that has a crush is Amber. Yeah Amber i mean how she was nice to us and wanted to give us something during the tournament

14 hours ago, Shiruu34 said:

But TRs are usually bought with watts and work like gen 1-4 TMs ( 1 time use only ), wouldn't they have to make a special currency like watts to buy them ?

it was just an idea some TR are really useful for many pokemon eg:bravebird for unfeazent gives atleast some use early game. there are some TR which give some pokemon useful moves but the since not every pokemon are in swsh it will be difficult to predict which pokemon can learn which moves( gen 8 has made many useful tms (flamethrower,thunderbolt) in Tr)this just my idea do not have to take it hardly i told tr moves can be made into RM for convinience  or new tm can made into rm 

8 hours ago, Rejuvenation said:

Okay

I know where the story is going but it would have been awsome if we could join Team Xen. Soooooo this idea came to me tomorrow that does anybody has a crush on our character. I know Ren has a crush on Aelita but there can be someone who has a crush on our player i mean like Melia or Saki ( I dont know why am i saying saki but ok) and the one i really think that has a crush is Amber. Yeah Amber i mean how she was nice to us and wanted to give us something during the tournament

Hooo boy, you brought up the forbidden subject; RELATIONSHIPS IN REJUVENATION. 

Long story short, Jan said it isn't gonna happen.

Melia is the one with the Harem.

MC is the one with shit.

This is the way it has been, and the way it will always be. I was disappointed too. Jan says he just isn't comfortable with adding a dating option in the game. 

Spoiler

However, adding on to what you said, I'm an MC x Aelita shipper forever and always, she always acts all giddy around MC, saying how cool they are, yadda yadda yadda, and MC canonically cares about her and hope's she doesn't get hurt, referring to that one scene in Zone Zero when they deadass TALK to Aelita. Anyhoo, I doubt there's going to be any other relationships among characters in the game except of course Melia and Venam (I mean come on it's obvious at this point). Jan or Zumi once said Ren once had it out for Melia in the past, but after Team Xen, he's not exactly ready for the responsibility, at least not for a while.

But yeah, Mods aren't too hot on his subject and I can see why, can take away from topics on threads real quick, and we should probably stop talking about it until Zumi breaks into my house and-*sound of neck snapping and body falling from chair*

• Like 1

Yo

Its not gonna happen.......ok then. Oh and are there any legendaries catchable in the new version. I was really mad when the trainer of mewtwo was  Madelis and the groudon belonged to maid of angie and we could not catch the kyogre and volcanion. I NEEEED LEGENDARIESSSS

18 minutes ago, Rejuvenation said:

Yo

Its not gonna happen.......ok then. Oh and are there any legendaries catchable in the new version. I was really mad when the trainer of mewtwo was  Madelis and the groudon belonged to maid of angie and we could not catch the kyogre and volcanion. I NEEEED LEGENDARIESSSS

Well Zygarde is right there lmao... We'll get to catch every legendary at the end I think, all pokémon will be available in the end, one way or another...

• Veterans
2 hours ago, Yeem said:

Hooo boy, you brought up the forbidden subject; RELATIONSHIPS IN REJUVENATION. 

Long story short, Jan said it isn't gonna happen.

Melia is the one with the Harem.

MC is the one with shit.

This is the way it has been, and the way it will always be. I was disappointed too. Jan says he just isn't comfortable with adding a dating option in the game. 

Reveal hidden contents

However, adding on to what you said, I'm an MC x Aelita shipper forever and always, she always acts all giddy around MC, saying how cool they are, yadda yadda yadda, and MC canonically cares about her and hope's she doesn't get hurt, referring to that one scene in Zone Zero when they deadass TALK to Aelita. Anyhoo, I doubt there's going to be any other relationships among characters in the game except of course Melia and Venam (I mean come on it's obvious at this point). Jan or Zumi once said Ren once had it out for Melia in the past, but after Team Xen, he's not exactly ready for the responsibility, at least not for a while.

But yeah, Mods aren't too hot on his subject and I can see why, can take away from topics on threads real quick, and we should probably stop talking about it until Zumi breaks into my house and-*sound of neck snapping and body falling from chair*

Alright so since you're basically inviting me to add on to this, I'd like to clarify this stuff once again since the message clearly didn't come across last time this was talked about and there seems to be a misunderstanding here, lmao

I'm not going to snap anyone's neck over speculating about pairings and such -- if you want to ship characters with each other or the player, go ham! Have fun! The world is your oyster and as long as you're not harming anyone or being disrespectful to the original content (i.e. erasing lgbtq+ representation & couples that *is* actually in the game for the sake of wanting a straight pairing lol.... i've seen it happen), we're not going to stop or scorn you for doing as much. It becomes a problem and annoyance, however, when people start pressuring us or giving us shit for it for not adding the romance options/canon pairings they want so bad in the game, which is what prompted the (admittedly) volatile reaction on my end last time this stuff was a major topic of discussion.

There's been a conscious decision to not include romance options for the player in the canon by the team (and only a handful of canonical pairings, with venam/melia being the most prominent one -- the "melia has a harem" comment is completely silly) but that doesn't mean you cannot explore the ideas through fan content other people create, or making stuff up yourself. Please just do not pressure us to put the romance options you want in the game. Rejuv isn't a dating sim.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As someone who was hoping for a romance feature I can understand the disappointment, as it seems to be a sore topic though I'll refrain from commenting further.

I will say though, it might be prudent for the devs to make a pinned topic for everyone to see explaining the why etc. and then lock it to show it's not up for debate.  As this topic seems to be brought up more often than not and the dev's previous responses tends to get buried by other replies in the discussion(s). 

Unless there already is something like that and I'm just blind lol

Spoiler

MCxAmber or Valerie shipper, fight me 😆

• Like 1

Well still on the relationship topic in Rejuv, am just self insert my fanfiction, for those with the wattpad app or on Archive of our own feel free to check out the story of the MC with a harem link is in the other forum for those interested 👍🏽 can't wait for v13

Gonna be honest, I am kinda glad the devs are not going with the "romantic options" thing, I really hate when games do that.. I mean, if I am just controlling a character with their own motives, characteristics and personality and this character happens to like one of the other characters in said game then that's fine but when I have to play a character like the MC from Rejuvenation where you basically have to insert yourself into them because they have no personality then I really dislike that.. A game that I got into recently is Fallout 4 and I never choose to romance anyone for that reason.. In the end I don't play Rejuvenation in order to go kissy-kissy on Melia anyway so..

Ships are fine tho', if you want to ship X with Y, as long as you don't try to shove anyone's throat and perceive it as canon then I don't mind..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2