V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

3 minutes ago, Darkwave said:

I just remembering my first walknought, and get stucked in that puzzle, withouts possible save return

And then, i restarted the game from zero.

Me too.. Luckily for me tho' I had backup saves so I just restarted before I entered the pyramid but, damn.. Restarting the whole thing after reaching that far?! Rough..

1 minute ago, MhicKy said:

Me too.. Luckily for me tho' I had backup saves so I just restarted before I entered the pyramid but, damn.. Restarting the whole thing after reaching that far?! Rough..

At least

Second run became more simple and faster, because i know what you need to do, and i didn't make same mistakes twice. Also, i rebuild the team a little, so it dosn't be a problem.

10 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

i dont know if mayan invented 0 but internal testing is the first phase right

Internal testing is the first round of testing yes. also a little off topic (as this is suppose to be game discussion) but I am a math nerd so here is this.

Spoiler

It's hard to trace the origins of math as many different places in the world invented it independently of each other Zero as a digit is thought to be from the Mayans but the concept itself was most likely used earlier in India. but I like the Pun, This articular seems to condense the info well, I am a nerd so I find it interesting, but you don't have to.

https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-the-zero 

47 minutes ago, Kimik said:

Internal testing is the first round of testing yes. also a little off topic (as this is suppose to be game discussion) but I am a math nerd so here is this.

ok i have to say it but i dont want to go off topic  actually i have heard an ancient indian astronomer or something discovered 0 who know which is true 

11 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Me too.. Luckily for me tho' I had backup saves so I just restarted before I entered the pyramid but, damn.. Restarting the whole thing after reaching that far?! Rough

11 hours ago, Darkwave said:

I just remembering my first walknought, and get stucked in that puzzle, withouts possible save return

And then, i restarted the game from zero.

ok i had two similar experience first during the explosion afterscene i accidently left the stadium by train aand couldnt enter back at the time i didnt know to use backup file(just learn recently) second i completed the first puzzle in eclypsia by the player and forgot to help aelita ren in the last stretch which caused me to stuck.but on the bright side i was careful from then on

(just read the article and ok it was understandable,but it was what i was taught when i as 7 or something)

Edited by Ram Cxz 007
just needed to add

Now I remember.. One of the very first posts I ever did here was because I got locked on the Garbodor fight in West Gaeren.. For some reason after defeating him Melia just.. Stands there and the cutscene wouldn't play.. Had to restart the whole game for the first time there, that was the incident that taught me "Always keep autosaves ON".. Also I did this meme cuz it's relevant banter

5djldw.jpg

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

in rejuvenation how many softlock spots do u know i know  -pyramid puzzle,one spot in evergreen cave

Other than the Pyramid I also know the Garbodor fight.. Don't exactly know what caused it.. Maybe the angle I went fight him(?)

Don't know if this was fixed or not and I don't remember when in the GDC arc it occurs, but at some point when you are in route 9 and try to board the train on the left(?) side, it prematurely takes you to the tournament stadium where you see an Absol standing there.  You're basically stuck at this point since you can't interact with anything and you can't get back on the train to go back.

• Veterans
4 hours ago, Calentz said:

Don't know if this was fixed or not and I don't remember when in the GDC arc it occurs, but at some point when you are in route 9 and try to board the train on the left(?) side, it prematurely takes you to the tournament stadium where you see an Absol standing there.  You're basically stuck at this point since you can't interact with anything and you can't get back on the train to go back.

Known bug (god knows how many times we've gotten reports about that), and is fixed in V13

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zumi said:

Known bug (god knows how many times we've gotten reports about that), and is fixed in V13

then its cool so i think dev has taken care of all the bugs in v12,since those known bugs then dont know what to say

Hey

So i wanted to ask you that is there a posibility that we have a choice based story in v13. I mean like making our own decision. Please say yes. I would like it if the creators did this.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Rejuvenation said:

Hey

So i wanted to ask you that is there a posibility that we have a choice based story in v13. I mean like making our own decision. Please say yes. I would like it if the creators did this.

Didn't you ask that before? The answer is probably "no"..

Jan probably already have a grasp of how the story will play out and end (like a script), having multiple paths would slow development of every version to a crawl, not to mention this has to be added to the game meaning Jan would have to basically tweak the WHOLE GAME from the very first chapter up until whatever chapter v13 will end which would take, and I am not joking, probably half a decade seeing he would had to rewrite, re-code and re-do parts of the story while being a -really- small team.. Also I am 110% sure a LOT of bugs would happen during this process which would take forever to test and patch too since he would have to take every single different branched path just to check if they're working properly.

There are already some choices you do that slightly alter the story (like the "Flora Choice", will keep this vague to avoid spoilers) but full branching paths like joining Team Xen and trying to capture Melia instead of protecting her? Yeah, no.. And such a thing usually don't happen in Pokemon Games anyway, you just follow the story, like I said before, this isn't Elder Scrolls or Fallout..

1 hour ago, Rejuvenation said:

Hey

No, they have their own creative vision. Do you think they'd magically accept your demand just because you say ''Please say yes!'' - How old are you? If you want the game to be different, make your own game. The worst thing you can do to the dev team is ask them to change stuff to fit your own vision instead of theirs. Also dev time is a thing. Hope you won't be asking the same question 2 pages later (yet again). If you really want your fanfiction, just write one and sorry if I am rude, but you keep coming up with the same absurd requests time and time again.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Zindril
Don't be so harsh on him.. It sounded more like he was asking IF possible more than making a demand, it is a bad ask but still..

There's also the possibility that he may just not be very well acquainted with game development and how hard can it be, specially if you are a small team of unexperienced people (and for such a small team to make an amazing game sure is impressive).

I mean, games like Elders Scrolls and Fallout have such things but these are games with massive development teams under ridiculous budgets and even them take almost a decade to pump one of these games out (and usually filled with bugs *cof cof* Fallout 76 *cof cof*).

So just take it easy on the new guy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zindril said:

No, they have their own creative vision. Do you think they'd magically accept your demand just because you say ''Please say yes!'' - How old are you? If you want the game to be different, make your own game. The worst thing you can do to the dev team is ask them to change stuff to fit your own vision instead of theirs. Also dev time is a thing. Hope you won't be asking the same question 2 pages later (yet again). If you really want your fanfiction, just write one and sorry if I am rude, but you keep coming up with the same absurd requests time and time again.

Yo

Can you be quiet. I only asked if there was anny posibility. You dont even know who i am. I AM BRYCE HALL . Who do you think you even are. You could have simply said No there is no posibility. But you had to go for the long talk. SOOOO 

Dont talk to me. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

i dont know bryce hall is but wanted to ask how do you think we acquire the bottle caps if it was added in rejuv v13 that item is quite useful . i think it will probably be ap points

A quick google search indicates they are some sort of tik-tok/Youtuber, with 20 million followers and 3 million subs.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, Rejuvenation said:

HEY

SOOO is there a posibility that our player can join forces with Team Xen. I mean like really join them and be evil, work for them. So, please tell me is there a posiblity. Oh and if your reading this jan then please in the version above 13 please add something  like this. It will be really cool if this happens. I mean like siding with Team Xen. Coooooooooolllllllllll

Thanks

12 hours ago, Rejuvenation said:

Hey

mmk, do you see the similarities between these two?  They're basically asking the same question: branching storylines, and you received several helpful answers when you asked the first time.  I legitimately don't know if you ignored them the first time (considering you responded), or you just couldn't make the correlation between the two that are asking the same question but worded differently.  So let's go through a few bullet points that hopefully shines a little light on why it's more than likely not happening in this version, V13 or any version.
Any Dev is free to correct me

• Development time

- Obviously making branching storylines based on your choices can take a lot of work, especially if they cause the story to make basically a 180 turn from it's current progress.  At that point you're asking the devs to almost make an entirely separate rpg just with the same battle mechanics and characters.  This causes the development time for the game to become even longer which, arguably, most people don't want.  I'm not sure when Version 1 and all the other versions first came out and how long it took to get to V 12, but look how long V 13 alone is taking, you're basically asking the devs to add nearly half a decade if not longer to development time depending on how extensive you're asking the branching story lines to be.  I don't know about you but I expect the devs would get burned out from working on the same game for so long, especially since this game is free for people to play.

• The Team

- This ties in to the first point.  Rejuvenation has a small team, and again, they're making this game for free.  As someone else pointed out it's rather unreasonable to expect the amount of work it would take for complete branching storylines with the amount of work they're putting in already.  

• The Dev's current vision for the game

- They already have an idea for where they want the story to go, In order to enhance the experience they add several side quests that compliment the main story.  It's simply easier on them to make an expansive but linear storyline for the most part. 

Guess I'll just end this by saying the devs are working the best they can on the game (while keeping their sanity at times lol) and to make it as enjoyable as possible.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Rejuvenation said:

Hey

2 hours ago, Calentz said:

mmk, do you see the similarities between these two?  They're basically asking the same question: branching storylines, and you received several helpful answers when you asked the first time.  I legitimately don't know if you ignored them the first time (considering you responded), or you just couldn't make the correlation between the two that are asking the same question but worded differently.  So let's go through a few bullet points that hopefully shines a little light on why it's more than likely not happening in this version, V13 or any version.
Any Dev is free to correct me

• Development time

- Obviously making branching storylines based on your choices can take a lot of work, especially if they cause the story to make basically a 180 turn from it's current progress.  At that point you're asking the devs to almost make an entirely separate rpg just with the same battle mechanics and characters.  This causes the development time for the game to become even longer which, arguably, most people don't want.  I'm not sure when Version 1 and all the other versions first came out and how long it took to get to V 12, but look how long V 13 alone is taking, you're basically asking the devs to add nearly half a decade if not longer to development time depending on how extensive you're asking the branching story lines to be.  I don't know about you but I expect the devs would get burned out from working on the same game for so long, especially since this game is free for people to play.

• The Team

- This ties in to the first point.  Rejuvenation has a small team, and again, they're making this game for free.  As someone else pointed out it's rather unreasonable to expect the amount of work it would take for complete branching storylines with the amount of work they're putting in already.  

• The Dev's current vision for the game

- They already have an idea for where they want the story to go, In order to enhance the experience they add several side quests that compliment the main story.  It's simply easier on them to make an expansive but linear storyline for the most part. 

Guess I'll just end this by saying the devs are working the best they can on the game (while keeping their sanity at times lol) and to make it as enjoyable as possible.  

Jesus Christ. This man made a whole development wording in this. Are you a global mod? Compliments fam. But pretty much what he said. As v13 is already burning the devs and the testers out already, I don't think they'd make it to join Team Xen as we've already been asked/forced to [Optional] join Bladestar. If I may ask define, choice based story. Do you mean the MC getting to dialog choices to be included in conversations orrrrr for real the actual story? Because if actually storywise then pretty much what Calentz said.

48 minutes ago, Chrixai said:

Do you mean the MC getting to dialog choices to be included in conversations orrrrr for real the actual story? 

A fair point.
There are a handful of dialogue wheels and choices in the game but not a large amount

Though I will say I was pleasantly surprised by the changes you see if you

Spoiler

Decide whether or not to turn in Flora

56 minutes ago, Zumi said:

mmmmmmmy god this thread is a fucking mess

Acting like you didn't already knew that 😛

6 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

i dont know bryce hall is but wanted to ask how do you think we acquire the bottle caps if it was added in rejuv v13 that item is quite useful . i think it will probably be ap points

I also don't know who this Bryce Hall is and even after googling him I was just like "literally WHO?"
Even if he is the real Bryce Hall, which I doubt very much and think it's only a joke (Or I hope it is), I don't know what some TikTok InFlUeNcEr has to do with anything..
Man times change.. I remember back in the day having a million subscribers in anything was a big deal but nowadays there are plenty of people with millions of subscribers that I literally never heard of..

But what is this again? A Pokemon Forum Thread?