V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

2 hours ago, andracass said:

i don't know why i'm getting pinged

but yes there will be mkxp now

i'm also killing rmxp since the hardware requirements are now effectively identical.

there will be one exe. it will be named game.exe. it is mkxp. if you somehow have a computer that can't run the game, then... well i just don't believe you. you probably can't even view this webpage. 

Sorry, didn't mean to ping, I just got the quote from the devblog and in there you were pinged.. Probably should had removed that before posting..

Also, unrelated to Pokemon but still kinda related to it I play a game called Super Animal Royale and I FINALLY managed to drop the Red Baseball Cap so I could do this:
E3xvP0-VIAUJR9n?format=png&name=900x900
Gotta Kill'em All !!

• Veterans
6 hours ago, CrystalStar said:

because well, uhhhh

my pc can't handle mkxp

cuz its a potato

the hardware requirements are effectively identical

here, i've made a flow chart to help explain the situation

image.png

i hope this is helpful

6 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

I'll play with old engine in V13.

help

you can't

you literally can't

i deleted it

and also it doesn't work anymore

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Veterans
2 minutes ago, Gastronely said:

I- What just happened here?

okay so i'll do a round-up

a guy complained about lag, and everyone offered solutions.

people still think dating sims are okay. people also think that spelling out the contents of such a sim is also okay. someone is then also advertising their harem fanfic. i'm regretting a lot of things.

turns out the guy from earlier is using a mac, so the situation is really his own fault. he has blamed others (video games) for his poor choices. somewhere in the distance, you feel him continuing to talk with unnecessary capslock and inconsistent punctuation.

between this, there was a minor miscommunication between two other people that was sorted out nicely. never let it be said that no one is reasonable on the internet.

someone had a dream. it was not MLK, so i am sparing the details.

i got pinged, so i guess i'm in this now. hi. i'm me. there's a new engine (which i think everyone already knew about). i clarified a few details about its implementation, which led one person to be confused and another person to inexplicably declare that he is unable to read. upon addressing both people, the latter elected to state the obvious about his situation. such a statement did not require a forum post. 

on an unrelated note, i am eating breakfast right now. i hope this has enriched your life*.

*i do not hope this. my statement was made without a sense of purpose. 

hopefully this has clarified everything.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, andracass said:

on an unrelated note, i am eating breakfast right now. i hope this has enriched your life*.

Quite literally what you would call food for thought. Also, it's so fucking cool that you managed to "merge" both the rmxp and mkxp engine into one. Still don't understand why people keep complaining about everything (flashbacks to the grinding """problem""" in the dev blog)

21 hours ago, Rex Slayer said:

I had a wired dream about playing rejuvenation a few days ago. In this dream after battling against every significant character I would get the slap option.  I then slap my way to become the champion and beat up all the villains. Then I had some weird lore that my brain made up saying the interceptor was  just a person who knew how to slap sense into people and had immortality. I got to the end of game and it was suppose to be emotional or something. The slap option pop up again and I'd click it. The option then appeared to break my computer and I woke up with a tiny drop of fear. Luckily it was only a dream as my computer is not broken and working in peak condition. 

I would love to see that in game

update your graphics drivers and it should work flawlessly. future reference for the some ppl who think they won't be able to use mkxp

but god the frames drop like mad in massive areas even with the new engine (ametrine city comes to mind from reborn)

8 hours ago, andracass said:

people still think dating sims are okay. people also think that spelling out the contents of such a sim is also okay. someone is then also advertising their harem fanfic. i'm regretting a lot of things.

turns out the guy from earlier is using a mac, so the situation is really his own fault. he has blamed others (video games) for his poor choices. somewhere in the distance, you feel him continuing to talk with unnecessary capslock and inconsistent punctuation.

between this, there was a minor miscommunication between two other people that was sorted out nicely. never let it be said that no one is reasonable on the internet.

i got pinged, so i guess i'm in this now. hi. i'm me. there's a new engine (which i think everyone already knew about). i clarified a few details about its implementation, which led one person to be confused and another person to inexplicably declare that he is unable to read. upon addressing both people, the latter elected to state the obvious about his situation. such a statement did not require a forum post. 

Man they should hire  you to do last season recaps for longer running anime with breaks in between seasons. Your summary pretty much nailed the last few pages. 

• Haha 1

TBH it really does baffle me how people are complaining of lag on a Pokemon Fangame.. Like I said before, I literally managed to play this game without ANY lag (except the animation one but that's the fault of the engine since Reborn, after updating it, was fine) in an old laptop that could BARELLY run Terraria and when I mean -BARELLY- I mean "I had to lower the resolution to 640x480, put everything on the lowest setting possible and remove a bunch of feature such as dynamic lighting making the game look like complete ASS in a 2D blocky game released in 2011" and I still managed to play Rejuvation just fine.. It really goes to show how MAC really isn't suited for gaming..

Well, can't wait to replay Rejuvenation with the animations ON this time

• Veterans
15 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

so during this testing phase the dev tries to remove the bugs in the games like eclypsia pyramid puzzle bug

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

don't let jan hear you say that

the pyramid is taunting us

14 hours ago, andracass said:

Accurate as hell 😂🤣👌🏾

22 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

so during this testing phase the dev tries to remove the bugs in the games like eclypsia pyramid puzzle bug

And I thought the reason for the testing phase was to test the game, to verify if it works very better.

Alpha and Beta testing are named because they are the first and second letter of the Greek alphabet.  They represent the numbers 1 and 2 respectively. That means Internal testing is number 0, but the Greeks didn't have zero, instead the Mayans invented it. The Mayan symbol for zero was a turtle shell. So by the naming logic Internal testing should be called "Turtle testing" or better yet

Spoiler

Inturtle Testing

Thank you for comming to my Ted talk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kimik said:

Alpha and Beta testing are named because they are the first and second letter of the Greek alphabet.  They represent the numbers 1 and 2 respectively. That means Internal testing is number 0, but the Greeks didn't have zero, instead the Mayans invented it. The Mayan symbol for zero was a turtle shell. So by the naming logic Internal testing should be called "Turtle testing" or better yet

Hide contents

Inturtle Testing

Thank you for comming to my Ted talk

Can I get a refund?

On 6/15/2021 at 10:13 AM, Ram Cxz 007 said:

I just remembering my first walknought, and get stucked in that puzzle, withouts possible save return

And then, i restarted the game from zero.