The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

I have a question.

Spoiler

After I finished with funding the renovation projects at the Grand Hall, the guy at the desk mentioned plans to tackle the Byxbysion Wasteland next. Will that be covered at any point during Episode 19 or the postgame?

9 hours ago, Draconis said:

I have a question.

Hide contents

After I finished with funding the renovation projects at the Grand Hall, the guy at the desk mentioned plans to tackle the Byxbysion Wasteland next. Will that be covered at any point during Episode 19 or the postgame?

Spoiler

If it's postgame, then having Shaymin and/or Suicune clearing up Byxbysion would be so awesome!

58 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If it's postgame, then having Shaymin and/or Suicune clearing up Byxbysion would be so awesome!

Spoiler

Possibly the clean-up goes wrong and the player is tasked to capture Shaymin and/or Suicune to fix things.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Draconis said:
  Hide contents

Out of curiosity, will we be able to use PULSE2s at some point, if at all?

I doubt it. It was probably just meant to increase difficulty for players, giving us the possibility to max all EVs would be broken.

10 hours ago, Draconis said:

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of it being a postgame thing, because I do think it would be kinda broken.

And because it's broken people would use it all the time. Why use anything else if you have that overpowered monstrosity?

On 3/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, Draconis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

These are rather villainous, no? Take away a Pokemon's free will and such? 

Although, it would solve the level cap issues.  

At least i hope Sapphira will pose some threat, even for images. Poor Hardy was a real joke. Easier than Julia, why the damn guy was so weak? Even Amaria was much more effective, against a challenger. The only thing hard at Agate City had been the rock music riddle, really, oof! 

Can't wait for hard mode.

11 hours ago, Mindlack said:

These are rather villainous, no? Take away a Pokemon's free will and such? 

Although, it would solve the level cap issues.  

Spoiler

Yeah thats why I would refuse to use it. The only reason level caps are a issue right now though is the weird obsession with difficulty to point of it being a priority over everything else in many people's eyes, leading to talks about going over the intended cap by GF. If Reborn would just play inside the sandbox there wouldn't be a real issue in the first place.  Heck the PULSE2s are already a form of fake difficulty that wasn't needed. I only tolerate it because of how it was written into the story.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:51 PM, Draconis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Pulse-2s shouldn’t be given to the player because they are a solution to a fundamental problem in the game. Namely that the player has a near infinite array of tools to use against the AI that the AI can’t answer. Being able to use any kind of Pokemon, being able to switch freely between rounds, infinite item use, and an actual brain. You the player always hold all the cards, it’s just a matter of working out how to use the tools you already have.

The AI needs some kind of counter to that, and the Pulse 2s provide a way to make the AI Pokemon something that need to be approached differently than normal. Giving us yet another tool to be turned against the poor AI would be IMO counter-productive.

2 hours ago, Kenneth said:

At least i hope Sapphira will pose some threat, even for images. Poor Hardy was a real joke. Easier than Julia, why the damn guy was so weak? Even Amaria was much more effective, against a challenger. The only thing hard at Agate City had been the rock music riddle, really, oof! 

Can't wait for hard mode.

I'll say! I wrecked him on my second try!

• Upvote 1

I've seen the Dragon field effects........yup, I am guaranteed to suffer (Nature Power Roserade hype?). I am personally more worried about what they will pull off for the final challenges...

Spoiler

Also, I remember someone in the chat told me that so far the only Pulse2'd Pokemon was Solaris Garchomp? Makes sense, since I felt it was unusually tanky even by Mega Chomp standards.

Also, please stay safe, everyone!

4 hours ago, Mimikyu dayo said:

I've seen the Dragon field effects........yup, I am guaranteed to suffer (Nature Power Roserade hype?). I am personally more worried about what they will pull off for the final challenges...

Hide contents

Also, I remember someone in the chat told me that so far the only Pulse2'd Pokemon was Solaris Garchomp? Makes sense, since I felt it was unusually tanky even by Mega Chomp standards.

Also, please stay safe, everyone!

You're basically required to use Fairy types, since Ice types are weakened by the field, and Dragon types are quite a dangerous choice, unless you're running Mold Breaker + Dragon Dance Haxorus, which cleaves trough the Dragonite, considering Multiscale in the field nullifes it's weaknesses

As it has always been there will be multiple ways to go about this fight. And we'll see about that once EP19 is released. I'm not really worried about any of the upcoming battles, as i am looking forward to finally being able to engange in said battles. Also i want to see not only how the story ends, but also what they pulled off for post game. Especially the fact that there will be seperate quests and maps for each of the legendary Pokémon is something i am looking forward to.

12 hours ago, Gastronely said:

You're basically required to use Fairy types, since Ice types are weakened by the field, and Dragon types are quite a dangerous choice, unless you're running Mold Breaker + Dragon Dance Haxorus, which cleaves trough the Dragonite, considering Multiscale in the field nullifes it's weaknesses

Why not mega-Altaria? Fairy is the failsafe choice anyway and dragon gets a boost, in that field...

13 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM.jp

2 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Why not mega-Altaria? Fairy is the failsafe choice anyway and dragon gets a boost, in that field...

Yes, Mega-Altaria is a Fairy-type so it gets it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kenneth said:

Oh, right. I completely forgot about Altaria. It breaks her entire team with just one Dragon Dance boosted Return. I guess i should train an Altaria for E19

• Like 1