Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

9 hours ago, Crystalrage said:

Madame X was also furious when mandelis kidnapped amber.

But I want to keep this theory out of my mind. Tesla's like a mother like figure to the MC and crew

Unconditional support for the second line. The first line is a bit less clear to me: she was, but it was because it was a dumb plan executed idiotically that, moreover, endangered the main plan (Geara and Zetta trading Nim for Melia atop Valor Mountain). 

11 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

Thought of two random-ish things:

(1) what if Erick is connected to the Timesurfers in some manner?

His hair sort of looks like Freya’s hair. Also, we know that he became the leader after both Saki and Volta gave up their positions, and that Saki’s disappearance is connected to Freya. There’s not much, but it could relate to something. The way he talks is also similar to Kieran.

Specifically, we could be dealing with part of the plan stated by Robot Amanda. After all that scene took place in West Gearen where Erick is currently leader.

(2) I think the title of Chapter 14 is HIGHLY significant. ‘Death of One, Birth of Another’. This has been explained in part by the devs. Death of one refers to the fall of Bladestar. So it strongly implies there will be another evil team.

I think it is likely Madame X may not be our #1 opposing force... I think the name Celine is relevant still to that fact.

(1) I don't know, you're only paranoid if you're wrong. I'm not too sure about talking styles, and Erick is still a third choice for a Leader so I don't think he holds too much sway over West Gearen (it's supposed to be Blakeory territory iirc). 

(2) Perhaps. And we already have a new (or perhaps not, who knows) evil group coming to light (Robot Amanda), and two incoming threats: Isha's "baby" rising, and the Xenpurgis. Also, we do know a few things about Celine -- spoilers for a sidequest

Spoiler

Celine was a leading figure of the Sashila group, weakened after some fight on a mountain and then gone after the attack on Alamissa. Alexandra, Ryland, Damien, Adam, Karen and her parents... she's talked to them all, and (Karen observes) they changed radically and trained to fight, because else "everything may fall to pieces" and "this world may be lost forever". And apparently she couldn't write what it was all about (but she understood everything, she said). 

15 hours ago, Delta3416 said:

Thought of two random-ish things:

(1) what if Erick is connected to the Timesurfers in some manner?

His hair sort of looks like Freya’s hair. Also, we know that he became the leader after both Saki and Volta gave up their positions, and that Saki’s disappearance is connected to Freya. There’s not much, but it could relate to something. The way he talks is also similar to Kieran.

Specifically, we could be dealing with part of the plan stated by Robot Amanda. After all that scene took place in West Gearen where Erick is currently leader.

(2) I think the title of Chapter 14 is HIGHLY significant. ‘Death of One, Birth of Another’. This has been explained in part by the devs. Death of one refers to the fall of Bladestar. So it strongly implies there will be another evil team.

I think it is likely Madame X may not be our #1 opposing force... I think the name Celine is relevant still to that fact.

I always just thought Erick's hair was a reference to Sonic. Who knows though.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:38 PM, iiiiitamar said:

I was replaying the game and saw that keran lives in a place called Alvavors ruins. I wonder what will happen there, where it is.

Does someone know how "the zorua, the pangoro and the golden apple" story is realated to the story?

Going back to this, there are Zorua, Pangoro and a Golden Apple statue in the Garufan Ruins underneath Carotos mountain. So it seems to be related to them in some way.

8 hours ago, Michael_ said:

I always just thought Erick's hair was a reference to Sonic. Who knows though.

Going back to this, there are Zorua, Pangoro and a Golden Apple statue in the Garufan Ruins underneath Carotos mountain. So it seems to be related to them in some way.

That Zorua and Pangoro story could be related the MC and crew

I don't if this fits in the thread, but I thought this was an interesting thing I found.

Hmm.PNG.a8503b721a37b3e68733755099c788dc.PNG

I wonder who is the girl, who is quoted to be very stylish, with Irvin?

Edit: Nevermind, it's probably Cresent. I think.

Edited by Wolf5002

Actually, now that think about the picture I sent, I thought of a question. What if Crescent was recruited by Spacia and Tiempa when she was a child?

Just a random fact that I don't think anyone has pointed out in this thread yet (but I can't be the only one to wonder).

Remember, we have rather solid evidence that Comet, Cosmia and Nim, under Crescent's orders, are conspiring to turn people to stone. The note that lured Talon to his (?) doom was in a red envelope.

Yet, another streak of red envelopes appears in the lore: (spoilers WLL)

Spoiler

"A formal man" sends them to Kenneth in order to blackmail him into killing the Maiden of Rejuvenation.

Indriad is a likely suspect, although I think that someone gives a description for the Wispy Tower pyromaniac that fits Crescent.

So it suggests at least a circumstance alliance.

This is somewhat confirmed by the two phenomena that seem to turn people to stone: Nim and the calamity, which we know is a watered-down version of "Indriad's gift". Remember also that the calamity is heralded by brutal (and apparently random) weather changes, which is what happens to Nim when she loses control of her emotions. This hints as a deeper similarity between the events, and a closer bond between Crescent and Indriad. Or perhaps she intends to destroy him with his own weapons?

This raises several issues:

Crescent does not really act as an antagonist -- her most hostile action is her going out of her way to withhold information from us. And she wants us to smile, which is, well... not really villanous. Or she could be a smart Big Bad capable at least to feign some form of empathy, which is at least a useful way to deter questions.

She imprisons Jenner and Zetta once, without bothering to go after them when they break out until we die. She may still be working for the Stormchasers at that point, and so she works towards Jenner's planned elimination. But the keystone of that plot is clearly Geara, and he doesn't interact at all with Crescent until Mt. Valor, so that's dubious. So perhaps instead Crescent is trying to derail that plan, as she's becoming rogue?

Did anyone notice that book on the top left side?

@Crystalrage Just checked in RPG Maker, the book has nothing in it. Perhaps they forgot to remove it or maybe it will be used for something later (or they just needed to something to add to the room).

Edited by Dausk

52 minutes ago, Display name said:

This is just me trying to see all possible canidates are for being madame x 

So is Cosmia a possibility

Honestly as for the identity of Madame X the biggest problem I see Cosmia is that Comet (her brother) just doesn't fit into this to well and it feels weird that she'd be with her brother at this moment but if she was Madame X we'd expect Comet to tag along in some way. Also when Cosmia spots you in the theater her reaction is just shock but nothing else which is a reaction I'd feel that Madame X just wouldn't have.  Although Madame X's identity is still pretty up for debate although my theory is that she might be related to Lord Xenadin the original leader of Team Xen in some way maybe being a daughter it might also explain why Freya seems to be with Madame X considering that Freya and Lord Xenadin helped set off the nuclear meltdown so Freya might be obliged to help Madame X due to her connections to Lord Xenadin and I guess if you want this gives us a reason Kieran also is with Madame X cause he could be one of the other eight people who caused the meltdown..

12 hours ago, Wolf5002 said:

I don't if this fits in the thread, but I thought this was an interesting thing I found.

Hmm.PNG.a8503b721a37b3e68733755099c788dc.PNG

I wonder who is the girl, who is quoted to be very stylish, with Irvin?

Edit: Nevermind, it's probably Cresent. I think.

Actually, I think that girl is his daughter in the picture. Because there is an NPC outside of the house saying that Irvin had a daughter who was from Kalos.

12 hours ago, Crystalrage said:

Did anyone notice that book on the top left side?

I always noticed it, but I think it was placed there to troll us.

4 hours ago, enderowl said:

Actually, I think that girl is his daughter in the picture. Because there is an NPC outside of the house saying that Irvin had a daughter who was from Kalos.

840439992_Hmm3.0.PNG.b66f7d100aa5c4185e6a872ad6bc847e.PNG

4 hours ago, enderowl said:

749471361_Hmm4.0.PNG.d699f024e8f75470ac66ae8d777f0a02.PNG

Looks like Team Xen killed her used her designs to make the Xen uniforms. If this is the first Team Xen when Lord Xenadin was alive or the new one lead by Madame X, why would they kill her for just some clothes? It also begs the question, which Team Xen was it? It can't the first one, because they all died back in the Mierra region, it can be the new one, but how old was Madame X when the power plant back in the Mierra region exploded and how old was she before Storm-9 happened? Did Team Xen attack the girl, because Irvin was part of the Storm Chasers? 

9 minutes ago, Wolf5002 said:

Looks like Team Xen killed her used her designs to make the Xen uniforms. If this is the first Team Xen when Lord Xenadin was alive or the new one lead by Madame X, why would they kill her for just some clothes? It also begs the question, which Team Xen was it? It can't the first one, because they all died back in the Mierra region, it can be the new one, but how old was Madame X when the power plant back in the Mierra region exploded and how old was she before Storm-9 happened? Did Team Xen attack the girl, because Irvin was part of the Storm Chasers? 

Lol you misunderstood the sentence in such a funny way. 😂  They didn't kill her for clothes. The NPC just says that Team Xen puts a 'X' as decoration on their Team's uniforms.

As for which Team Xen killed her, as long as we don't get more specific infos we can't really tell. Irvin is pretty old already, so both are possible. And since Madame X can time travel her age might not be relevant.

1 hour ago, Wolf5002 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but deosn't Madelis say during WLL that new Xen was formed a few months before Kenneth joined? Also considering how people in the past know about Miera, the way the stormchasers recruit people and how old Irvin seems to be it deosn't seem implausible to think that Irvin's daughter died in Miera before he evacuated and/or was recruited. Maybe they used his daughter's death as his motive to get him to join?

22 hours ago, Magus543 said:

V13 has Madam X being sued for copyright infringement.

I just had a funny thought, that when we have the final showdown with Madame X in the final game, the fashion police show up and arrest Madame X for killing a person for some clothes.

2 hours ago, Magus543 said:

The fashion police should really do something about Madam X's outfit. 

I'd suggest marketing it as a revolution in protective gear -- both stylish (for some definition of "style" at least) and inconspicuous (there's no way anyone saw the character art and thought "oh, she's wearing armor").

Her dialogue implies her armor limits her somehow like Darth Vader if she's defeated on top of the Pyramid.

Like it's part of my personal guess that Madam X is a brainwashed Nymiera, is on life support, and is a patsy for Indriad.

6 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Her dialogue implies her armor limits her somehow like Darth Vader if she's defeated on top of the Pyramid.

Like it's part of my personal guess that Madam X is a brainwashed Nymiera, is on life support, and is a patsy for Indriad.

I guess her character was inspired from Vader. I mean with that sword and coldness

9 minutes ago, Crystalrage said:

I guess her character was inspired from Vader. I mean with that sword and coldness

Vader has inspired a lot of villains, and he himself was inspired from many sources like Dr. Doom from Marvel. 

The more i look at Madam X's character, the more i get the feeling of a pawn, like she's actually defeated a lot, she's outwitted by Melia and electrocuted, she's forced to save us at Kugearen, the Surfers are clearly playing her like a cheap fiddle, and she's outsmarted by a child with a trap door. Not to mention, she apologizes to a " father " if she's defeated in Blacksteeple. Vader was ultimately the attack dog of Palpatine, and with this in mind, it's easy to see Madam X despite her position of authority as a patsy for someone else. 

Another reason why i think she's Nymieria is because of her reaction to the painting, and that Nymiera mentioned we would meet again when the black obelisk rises, now of course that could refer to the structure that rose when we returned to the present, but the fact that we first meet Madam X in Blacksteeple is interesting. Sure a castle isn't an obelisk but it can be flexible from a certain point of view.